Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

New events from my D&D game:

So we find these steps, climb them for a couple hours get to the top and leave the room, and they disappear. We fight these giant devil critters that almost kills off the group. After we find the key to leave the area we enter a room and the wall opens up to a 2 headed Kolbald (lizard type thing) each head having a name tag: Ben and Jerry. They told us we were in an entertainment complex. After all that, we could have just left.

When asked where we wanted to go (they were elevator operators) no one was quite sure and our anthepamorphic (I can't spell) cat said, "All right where's the bar" The kobalds response "Very good sir" and that ends our session for the week.

After all this me and DM go out to eat at Applebee's and this coversation proceeds.

Me: Dan I knew you wanted a couple of people out of the game and were thinking about starting Dragon*Star, but did you really have to try to kill us all off now?

Dan: Oops

As I'm discussing one character's alternate personality, and manage to tell him something he doesn't know(alternate personality being under my control), the remark from the other player.

" I feel so ignorant, yet so blessed in my ignorance."

Later on, discussing fun.

R: " No, it's called entertaining the GM, it ensures you have a higher chance for survival, but it also allows them to have fun"

W "I let you have fun, don't I Bc?"

Me: "Oh, yes. Jake is just more... stable, then Kenji is. It's like playing with legos versus playdoh."

R: So Kenji is edible and Jake is fun to play with glue around?

Well, my San Angelo: City of Heroes campaign was kickstarted today. My players basically created their characters and we ran a mock-combat to test how effective they were in that area. The two PCs (one player wasn't unable to make it) were built on 350 points, but under the 250 limits. Anyway, I ran them up against Obsidian and Quatum from BBB. They took out Obsidian before Turn 1 was even over, but Quatum was tougher.

I randomly rolled Quantum's attacks, and with one she entangled the character Shadow.

Shadow's Player (female): Did [the entangle] do any BODY, or did she just bloomp me?

These are from our last bi-weekly Saturday superhero game:

The group is searching for a magical gateway wherein an important NPC may be hiding. One of the group mages (yes, we've got 2 on a superhero team), Kendrick, has been there, but it was over 1000 years ago, so he doesn't remember exactly where it is.

Ghost Hunter: How come you magic types never write stuff like this down?

Kendrick: Hey, that's a good idea.

============

Solar, nuclear physicist and walking atmoic reactor, is having problems changing back into his super ID. The rest of the team is trying to help him out:

Ghost Hunter: Have you ever thought scientifically about how you became Solar in the first place?

Solar: Yes, it's quite impossible.

============

In the previous game, we'd been attacked by a Qliphothic beast. This time, we're being attacked by a pack of demons. After getting the description:

Ghost Hunter's player: So, this is a much more normal demon.

============

Solar, in human form and with no time to change, is about to be attacked by a demon:

One of the other players: Abort to Desolid!

Solar's player: A fine red mist is Desolid, right?

============

SCUBA may be able to remember some others.

Player's are trying to track down a stolen vehicle that is related to a plot concerning the molemen (Subterrans), Jennifer Lopez, and Foxbat.

The molemen are very well known for operating UNDERGROUND.

The player's are able to get the exact longitude and lattitude of the van from the recovery tracking system. They go there, and it is in the middle of the woods, with nothing around, and nothing looks disturbed.

The Batman character has spend some time searching the ground for signs of disturbance and digging.

After looking for a long while the team speedster pipes in "I just thought of something, maybe it is underground?"

Which was of course obvious to all the other characters and players.

Of course from there the characters get a backhoe and start digging and PREDICTABLY fall into the underground cave, backhoe and all (someone won't be getting their backhoe rental deposit back).

There's no Quasar in the BBB.Are you talking about Quantum?

Quasar? Who said anything about--- oh. Er, yes, I meant Quantum (and I even recall double-checking it; maybe next time I'll correct it while I'm at it). :o

I'll go correct it. Don't tell anyone though.

Scene: Team is scattering to various places to follow leads down. Youngest member (Shockwave) heads to his room to play video games, having no other skills to contribute. Fiona has a unique transformation requirement, needing certain... er... 'naughty magazines' to transform herself. So her player is making sure the GM understands that those magazines are available in her lab.

GM: Right, okay, so Fiona's in her lab with her little love abode off in the corner. Everyone else is in their lab. And Shockwave's playing with his playboy....

GM: I mean his gameboy, gameboy! *sigh*

The character has a Hero ID and a Secret ID. The change is from smart nerdy super-brain Fiona with no social skills to blonde bimbo super powered form Ginger (Aka Beauty Queen). When the player wrote the origin story, it was hinted at the end that she needed certain stimuli to initiate the change. Since then the player and the rest of the group has made it a running gag.

Btw, before anyone assumes the worse, the player is a married 40 year old woman. My fiancee at age 27 is the youngest player in the group.

• 3 weeks later...

Our group is using an experimental usage-based experience system. Each player gets credit for using a skill (or trying one they don't have).

Each session, every player tries to make sure I notice (type up) every use of every skill they use.

So last session in Post-Apocalyptic HERO, one of the characters is hit in location 13 FOUR times in a row!

The player turns to me at the end of the session and says, "I use my 'Scream-Like-A-Girl' skill. :)

Well, its not a quote, but a reaction, but here goes.

Game set, post apocalyptic--about 150 years after a limited nuclear exchange. Characters are assisting a scientist doing background radiation readings for the area their group will be working in. The 2 characters are products of limited genetic engineering--their lifespan has been estimated to be about 200 to 300 years. This project was secret, so the two characters hadn't shared this information in gnereral. (This was a 'free' Perk the characters were so excited to get)

the scietist finished his study and announced, in a joking manner. "Well, good news and bad news: the background radiation count is still elevated, but on the bright side, its not enough to be really harmful, unless you plan to live to be 200 or something."

while the other PC's are pretty happy and smiling, the other two just beat their heads into the table.

Got to love those free perks :)

Okay, I have two for the week.

The first one is from a Champions game, in which VIPER tried to level the Millenium City PD. At the same time, seven smaller lightly armed groups went around to two banks, and a host of tech companies, to rob them blind, hoping that the local heroes wouldn't learn of it until they had gotten away from them.

What they didn't know is that there was an UNTIL deep cover agent in their midst, who ended up telling us about the other crimes as he was parachuted in with the rest of the low level agents. After the UNTIL backup came alone, the heroes split up and took down the other crimes in progress.

Afterward, Jade, my martial arts freak, gave the news agencies the sound bite they needed for what ended up being the total humiliation of VIPER that night:

"Damn! I broke a nail."

The other one happened in Gamephil's "Always Darkest" game. We thought we had taken down this really bad dude in a surprise phase, and it turned out that it was all an illusion. So a couple of us ran away.

Unfortunately, the place we were on was small. So, we passed by the same place again and again. My character finally stopped, but the other one kept running...and passing by us.

So we asked...

"When are you going to stop running?"

"When it stops being funny."

We just started off my San Angelo campaign today and there are two good quotes from it.

The first was when the heroes (Phoenix, brick, male, and Shadow, energy projector, female) were at an Orion Labs testing building. They had surprised the criminals, Ogre (CKC version), Icicle (BBB 250 pts), and Shrinker (BBB 250 pts). Phoenix had just finished doing a move through on Ogre, knocking both of them through the building's wall and out into the parking lot. Icicle and Shadow were shooting at each other, but couldn't hit each other. Shrinker was flying in miniature form and no one had spotted her, yet. She took a pot shot at Shadow, who then communicated to Phoenix about the situation.

Shadow: Phoenix, I need some help, there's two of them in here!

Phoenix: (Still fighting Ogre) Learn to dodge.

A day later, the two have salvaged a drive-by shooting. Contacting other members of Freedom Squad, Phoenix learns that the guys he saved are a Vietnamese gang leader Trung Binh Do and his personal driver (Yuwei Han). Phoenix tries to get in good (and hasn't yet revealed his name to the NPCs here) with the gang leader ("I scratch your back, you scratch mine" kind of thing) but hands him a business card. Since Phoenix and Shadow are provisional members, their "cards" have the blank line where they write their names. :D

Phoenix hands his card to Trung Binh Do.

Trung Binh Do: (Pretending a bad accent) Who you be: P-Ho-Enix? What you do: Vietnamese computers?

The player of Shadow busted out laughing as she started calling the player of Pheonix "P-Ho."

This happened just last Wednesday

Ancient Japan campaign.

I’m a ninja sneaking up on an Inn, casing the joint to see if my cohorts have arrived. I carry a large bow, so to avoid trouble, I've disguised myself as a hunter, having killed some birds as I travelled and thrown them over my shoulder.

I listen at each window. At one back window, I hear the familiar sounds of my two teammates who are disguised as a married couple. The players say they are “doing what married couples doâ€. I tell the GM, that I listen a little longer outside that window.

Another ninja sneaks out of the wood. I crit fail my stealth roll and he spots me. I’m supposed to be quiet like the wind, so I’m annoyed. “I know, it was bad luck! One of the chickens wasn’t dead. It clucked.â€

So the GM then makes me roll to determine of *I* spotted *him*. I crit fail *again*. Strangling my dice, I try to save my dignity. “OK, I know! I didn’t hear him sneaking up on me, because I’m busy wringing the bird’s neck before it blows my cover.â€

The GM turns to another player (the other ninja) and asks what he does next.

And the player says: “Let me just understand this. I come upon him outside a bedroom, with lovemaking sounds coming from within. He's outside, with his ear to the window, choking his chicken…â€

And the player says: “Let me just understand this. I come upon him outside a bedroom' date=' with lovemaking sounds coming from within. He's outside, with his ear to the window, choking his chicken…â€[/quote']

:rofl:

This happened just last Wednesday

Ancient Japan campaign.

I’m a ninja sneaking up on an Inn, casing the joint to see if my cohorts have arrived. I carry a large bow, so to avoid trouble, I've disguised myself as a hunter, having killed some birds as I travelled and thrown them over my shoulder.

I listen at each window. At one back window, I hear the familiar sounds of my two teammates who are disguised as a married couple. The players say they are “doing what married couples doâ€. I tell the GM, that I listen a little longer outside that window.

Another ninja sneaks out of the wood. I crit fail my stealth roll and he spots me. I’m supposed to be quiet like the wind, so I’m annoyed. “I know, it was bad luck! One of the chickens wasn’t dead. It clucked.â€

So the GM then makes me roll to determine of *I* spotted *him*. I crit fail *again*. Strangling my dice, I try to save my dignity. “OK, I know! I didn’t hear him sneaking up on me, because I’m busy wringing the bird’s neck before it blows my cover.â€

The GM turns to another player (the other ninja) and asks what he does next.

And the player says: “Let me just understand this. I come upon him outside a bedroom, with lovemaking sounds coming from within. He's outside, with his ear to the window, choking his chicken…â€

That is too cool for school.

:rofl: indeed.

This is not something I said, but something I WISH I'd said (I had no idea that either of my GMs would have actually LIKED me making this comment).

Our Champions group is about to encounter the Zodiac group on the roof of some tall building in Millennium City (if you have The Zodiac Conspiracy you know the rough scenario). We arrive singly (or in the case of Gekko and Soldier, in tandem), and Midnight, my teleporting martial-arts/mentalist, teleports up onto the roof from three floors below. Unfortunately for me, I botch the Teleportation roll, but I do make a really nice Acrobatics roll...

So here are most of the PCs up on the roof (along with three or four of the villains), when a swirling black mist appears out of nowhere about six feet up, and somersaulting out of it comes a masked woman in a black bodysuit, black trenchcoat, and black hat, who looks around as she lands, and immediately vanishes again in a black mist (I'd actually just gone invisible for a chance to assess the situation).

What I'd wanted to say?

"Sorry, wrong roof."

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I just started a light-hearted pulp game this week. The characters were all meeting one another, and the two Gumshoe/PI-types are shaking hands. The first introduces himself:

"How are you? I'm Maxwell Danger."

"Nice ta meetcha, Max. You're the first person I've ever met in this business who's middle name wasn't Danger."

:rofl:

Bill.

I finally have a quote worthy of mentioning. My superhero gaming group was facing off with a magician who had these magical orbs hovering around his head, each one having a different set of powers.

The team's most agile character, a sword-bearing she-devil (can you say 'Red Sonja?'), decided to try to relieve him of the orbs. Now, when I described these orbs, I said they were "like tiny little balls of crackling energy, floating around his head. You can, however, see the metal underneath the energy, so they're solid."

She leaps. Makes her Acrobatics roll. Makes her Strength roll to pull two of them from his telekinetic field. I say, "Okay, you succeeded. Now what?"

She exclaims: "I take his balls and run!"

Her boyfriend, who also games with us, sighs and says, "Why is this starting to feel familiar?"

Hilarity ensued.

--->M@ss