Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I had thought the adventure was done, but Serendipity mentioned that she wanted to investigate the owners of a beauty salon (A Touch of Venus) she thought was suspicious. Not having Bureaucratics but being rich, she hired a PI friend (Nick Barr) to look into it.

Other background info under the spoiler, to keep from boring anyone.

That salon had been introduced months ago, when I was first started bringing Adonis and his ladies into the game. (BTW, thanks, Hermit! They're a great group!) A few weeks before that, the heroes had also seen a piece by a TV news reporter friend of theirs, at the newly-opened Temple of Aphrodite, which was played off by the reporter as a wacky nutcase religion. Adonis is the head priest of the Temple, and also owns and occasionally fills in at the salon. He is actually chemist Dennis Meager, once a 95-pound socially-inept geek prior to "enhancing" himself chemically.

If you haven't read Hermit's stuff on Adonis and his ladies, the Temple is basically where Adonis and his bevy of babes hang out, most of the latter in various states of dress or, more to the point, undress.

During the course of the past several months, individual heroes had battled individual ladies of Adonis, specifically Candy Striper, Glamazon, and Cyberia. The heroes had not yet realized the ladies are connected in any way. Sentinel, an EMT and medical student in her secret ID, is particularly and almost irrationally irritated with Candy Striper.

Nick: Y'know, I should probably be paying you for this one.

Serendipity: Why? What did you find out?

Nick: Well, A Touch of Venus is owned by Olympus LLC, which is a paper corporation wholly owned by some guy named Dennis Meager. (puts down a picture) He's a chemist, graduated from Stanford. (another picture put down) He also did some consulting work for PRIMUS. Olympus also happens to own the property for the Temple of Aphrodite. (big grin) I took a lot of pictures there, but you probably don't want those...

The heroes contact the reporter, Sabrina Swain for more info on the Temple.

Sabrina: We had a lot of footage that had to be cut.

Squeeze: Hopefully by the censors...

Sabrina: Yep. You got it.

Serendipity (to Sentinel, the only other female on the team): We should infiltrate the Temple of Aphrodite.

Sentinel: Me having a secret ID, walking around naked wouldn't be a good idea.

Styx: We think it would be. :love:

Squeeze: You're a doctor type, we could get you a candy striper outfit...

GM: Sentinel, make an INT roll.

(Sentinel makes the roll quite handily.)

GM: As Squeeze says that, you're watching Sabrina's footage, and you say, "Son of a ... that's her!"

Sentinel: Candy Striper?!

GM: :eg:

After the other heroes pick out Glamazon and Cyberia in the footage:

Sentinel: It's like an evil sauna club!

Let me get this straight' date=' your PC's name is pronounced "Bra Hammock"?[/quote']

No, it's not pronounced like "Bra Hammock."

The Bra is pronounced as in brat (pesky kid) not as in bratwurst.

In Hamak, the accent is on the second syllable.

Would it help if I spelled it Braha Mok?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is chewing it over. Maybe the first name should be Bray....

Guest Major Tom

I had thought the adventure was done, but Serendipity mentioned that she wanted to investigate the owners of a beauty salon (A Touch of Venus) she thought was suspicious. Not having Bureaucratics but being rich, she hired a PI friend (Nick Barr) to look into it.

That salon had been introduced months ago, when I was first started bringing Adonis and his ladies into the game. (BTW, thanks, Hermit! They're a great group!) A few weeks before that, the heroes had also seen a piece by a TV news reporter friend of theirs, at the newly-opened Temple of Aphrodite, which was played off by the reporter as a wacky nutcase religion. Adonis is the head priest of the Temple, and also owns and occasionally fills in at the salon. He is actually chemist Dennis Meager, once a 95-pound socially-inept geek prior to "enhancing" himself chemically.

If you haven't read Hermit's stuff on Adonis and his ladies, the Temple is basically where Adonis and his bevy of babes hang out, most of the latter in various states of dress or, more to the point, undress.

During the course of the past several months, individual heroes had battled individual ladies of Adonis, specifically Candy Striper, Glamazon, and Cyberia. The heroes had not yet realized the ladies are connected in any way. Sentinel, an EMT and medical student in her secret ID, is particularly and almost irrationally irritated with Candy Striper.

Nick: Well, A Touch of Venus is owned by Olympus LLC, which is a paper corporation wholly owned by some guy named Dennis Meager. (puts down a picture) He's a chemist, graduated from Stanford. (another picture put down) He also did some consulting work for PRIMUS. Olympus also happens to own the property for the Temple of Aphrodite. (big grin) I took a lot of pictures there, but you probably don't want those...

Serendipity (to Sentinel, the only other female on the team): We should infiltrate the Temple of Aphrodite.

GM: As Squeeze says that, you're watching Sabrina's footage, and you say, "Son of a ... that's her!"

Yeah...but what a sauna club.

Major Tom :snicker:

Are the girl hot? ;)

Small 3.5 DnD game, with a Human fighter who war raised by Dwarves, Shawna. A Human Sorcerer, Henk. A half elf Bard, Billiam. And a half orc barbarian, Five.

After wiping out a group of Goblin warriors, we find the females and children cowering in fear...

Shawna: We should kill them.

Henk: They're just children.

Shawna: They'll grow up and be evil!

Billiam (OOC): Emphasizing the 'lawful' over 'good' today?

Attacked by bandits, we captured two and want to question them.

Shawna: Which one of you is doing the questioning.

Billiam: I have a high charisma and gather information skill.

Henk: I have charm person.

Five: Five has a great ax.

Shawna: That's not a good way to get information, Five.

Billiam and Henk together: You'd be surprised.

Shawna: What, are you going to read thier entrails?

After some chaos, we decided we needed leadership.

Shawna: Billiam has the people skills, he'll be our face man. I'm a fighter, I'll be in charge during combat.

Five: And Five will be in charge of treasure!

Billiam: Five, you can't be in charge of the treasure, you can't count.

Five: Five can too count. One, two, many, lots, two many, two lots, many many, many lots...

Henk: (In Elvish, which Five doesn't speak) Let him do it, he's too stupid to cheat us.

Here's a handful from our last session of QuerySphinx's P4DOR4 campaign:

---

Characters include:

Trenton Williams - an archeologist (in the Indiana Jones tradition) with theories about Atlantis.

Samuel Sterling - an ex-Army rifleman turned ex-Foreign Legionnaire turned mercenary.

Henry Octenshin - professional student specializing in biochemistry and animal science...also a student of Monkey kung-fu.

Davis Wilmott - wealthy spymaster working for the American government.

---

A couple of us spot an airship listing clumsily through the city...

Octenshin: Either they're having engine trouble or Williams is on board.

Sterling: I see bulletholes in the thing. Evidence says Williams is on board.

Sam Sterling is a man of action...

Sterling: Maybe later it'll be violence time.

Octenshin's companion animal keeps getting into trouble...

Williams: Why does the monkey have bling?

But we do like comparing him to Octenshin...

Wilmott: Unlike you, Henry, Archimedes knows how to talk to female macaques.

Dr. Williams has become something of the team damage magnet...

Williams: I'm getting tired of getting shot.

Sterling: I'm getting tired of you getting shot. We waste so much time waiting for you to heal.

Part of a discussion about titles...

Octenshin: We have two Doctors, one Mister, and, uh, Sterling.

Sterling: I don't even rate a title. I'm lucky you guys don't call me 'boy.'

A very understanding scientist ally...

Williams: Our apologies for the mess...

Dr. Polk (NPC): It's mad science. You must blow things up.

Williams: You're very kind, sir. I hope we have the chance to blow things up together again soon.

Half the party gets into a fight with some local gangsters - the rest of us aren't happy that we missed it...

Williams: We're going to get into our own gunfight. And we're not inviting those guys.

In the midst of the aforementioned fight, which takes place in an eatery...

Octenshin: Apparently my diner-fu is weak!

---

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

does he have identical triplet henchmen and need to find the one voice like other Moks we've seen?

I fear you're making a mokkery of me.

Lucius Alexander

I have a palindromedary for that

Lucius Alexander

"Bra Amok"?

Lucius Alexander

any relation to ookla?

After some chaos, we decided we needed leadership.

Shawna: Billiam has the people skills, he'll be our face man. I'm a fighter, I'll be in charge during combat.

Five: And Five will be in charge of treasure!

Billiam: Five, you can't be in charge of the treasure, you can't count.

Five: Five can too count. One, two, many, lots, two many, two lots, many many, many lots...

Henk: (In Elvish, which Five doesn't speak) Let him do it, he's too stupid to cheat us.

Silly human. What he didn't hear is that the next number in the series is "Mine!" :sneaky:

A couple of us spot an airship listing clumsily through the city...

Octenshin: Either they're having engine trouble or Williams is on board.

Sterling: I see bulletholes in the thing. Evidence says Williams is on board.

How'd I ever get such a reputation? :rofl:

Guest Major Tom

I fear you're making a mokkery of me.

Lucius Alexander

I have a palindromedary for that

Actually, that's Thundarr's job.

Major Tom :sneaky:

LOL.

Hey is Candy Striper mine? I know I posted one

For the record, I don't understand half of what you guys are talking about, other than that you're making fun of my character's name.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's all pretty ironic, given what the original motivation was for playing a Felucian.

Guest Major Tom

About Adonis and his ladies: where can I find the thread in which the group

and their HQ were described?

Major Tom :confused:

For the record, I don't understand half of what you guys are talking about, other than that you're making fun of my character's name.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's all pretty ironic, given what the original motivation was for playing a Felucian.

Mok is the villain in the movie Rock & Rule, he's an evil musician looking to find the one voice so he can summon up a daemon. He has a set of henchmen who are identical they never mention if their actually triplets they do say they are brothers. Its a good flick i have it on DVD. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086203/

Mok is the villain in the movie Rock & Rule' date=' he's an evil musician looking to find the one voice so he can summon up a daemon. He has a set of henchmen who are identical they never mention if their actually triplets they do say they are brothers. Its a good flick i have it on DVD. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086203/[/quote']

MY NAME IS MOK

Written and Performed by Lou Reed

My name is Mok

Thanks a lot

I know you love the thing I've got

You've never seen the likes of me

Why, I'm the biggest thing since World War Three

Girls

(His name is Mok

Thanks a lot

You think he's acting, but he's not)

My name is Mok, and I'm on fire

I'm the match, and I'm the pyre

I'm the voodoo black musician priest

Why, I'm the greatest thing since World War Three

Girls

(You think he's acting, but he's not

His name is Mok

Thanks a lot)

My name is Mok, thanks a lot

I'm the power Sodom used on Lot

I am the pillar, huh huh huh

I am the snake

I am the beat that makes you shake

Why, I'm the top, the point, the end

I'm more than a lover, more than a friend

I am the power of pure desire

My magic will take you higher

Than you've ever been before

So follow me beyond the door

Of the stupid hopes and dreams you've got

My name is Mok

Thanks a lot

Girls

(His name is Mok

Thanks a lot

You think he's acting, but he's not

The show that you're about to see is the absolutely, baddest, greatest wonderment since World War Three)

My name is Mok

Thanks a lot

Just wait'll you see what I have got

There is nothing up my sleeve

Come look at this

There's nothing compared to me

I am the killer, I am the source

And you will worship me of course

I'm the oracle

I'm the seer, the wit

There is no question that I am it

I know what you've been waiting for

And you won't have to wait no more

Cause, history reveals, my friend, it reveals one thing

There's only one beginning and one end

There's only one

One and only is there not

My name is Mok

And thanks a lot

Hey, girls

(His name is Mok, so thanks a lot

He looks so cool, but he's hot

His name is Mok so thanks a lot

You think he's acting, but he's not)

Thank you, thank you...

Mok is the villain in the movie Rock & Rule' date=' he's an evil musician looking to find the one voice so he can summon up a daemon. He has a set of henchmen who are identical they never mention if their actually triplets they do say they are brothers. Its a good flick i have it on DVD. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086203/[/quote']

Definitely. Funny flick. The funniest part was how Mok suspiciously looked like Mick Jagger, down to the humongous lips.

Has some great quotes:

"Yeah, I have his latest album. My gerbil's using it as a room divider."

"Word to the wise, guy. Be nice, or be dog food."

:D

Now I think of it, I should be grateful no one is making fun of the name of my character's home planet.

Of course, I didn't make that one up so what would I care.

Lucius Alexander

If it were not laughed at it would not be a palindromedary

Middle Earth D20:

Ranger Samuel, the Northern Barbarian

Warrior Brame, Prince of Gondor.

Adept Snake, the Mannish Magician

Farmer William, the Man-at-Arms from Adorn (low level)

Saruman's steward is outfitting us the adventurer's for our task,

handing out items to help in the hard desert of Harondor:

Steward says quietly: Is this uh, William, a notable member of your group?

Samuel: well, we have a belief that in adventuring groups, the lesser member mays have some role that destiny will call them forth to play, so the correct answer is: no and yes.