Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I had thought the adventure was done, but Serendipity mentioned that she wanted to investigate the owners of a beauty salon (A Touch of Venus) she thought was suspicious. Not having Bureaucratics but being rich, she hired a PI friend (Nick Barr) to look into it.

Other background info under the spoiler, to keep from boring anyone.

That salon had been introduced months ago, when I was first started bringing Adonis and his ladies into the game. (BTW, thanks, Hermit! They're a great group!) A few weeks before that, the heroes had also seen a piece by a TV news reporter friend of theirs, at the newly-opened Temple of Aphrodite, which was played off by the reporter as a wacky nutcase religion. Adonis is the head priest of the Temple, and also owns and occasionally fills in at the salon. He is actually chemist Dennis Meager, once a 95-pound socially-inept geek prior to "enhancing" himself chemically.

If you haven't read Hermit's stuff on Adonis and his ladies, the Temple is basically where Adonis and his bevy of babes hang out, most of the latter in various states of dress or, more to the point, undress.

During the course of the past several months, individual heroes had battled individual ladies of Adonis, specifically Candy Striper, Glamazon, and Cyberia. The heroes had not yet realized the ladies are connected in any way. Sentinel, an EMT and medical student in her secret ID, is particularly and almost irrationally irritated with Candy Striper.

Nick: Y'know, I should probably be paying you for this one.

Serendipity: Why? What did you find out?

Nick: Well, A Touch of Venus is owned by Olympus LLC, which is a paper corporation wholly owned by some guy named Dennis Meager. (puts down a picture) He's a chemist, graduated from Stanford. (another picture put down) He also did some consulting work for PRIMUS. Olympus also happens to own the property for the Temple of Aphrodite. (big grin) I took a lot of pictures there, but you probably don't want those...

The heroes contact the reporter, Sabrina Swain for more info on the Temple.

Sabrina: We had a lot of footage that had to be cut.

Squeeze: Hopefully by the censors...

Sabrina: Yep. You got it.

Serendipity (to Sentinel, the only other female on the team): We should infiltrate the Temple of Aphrodite.

Sentinel: Me having a secret ID, walking around naked wouldn't be a good idea.

Styx: We think it would be. :love:

Squeeze: You're a doctor type, we could get you a candy striper outfit...

GM: Sentinel, make an INT roll.

(Sentinel makes the roll quite handily.)

GM: As Squeeze says that, you're watching Sabrina's footage, and you say, "Son of a ... that's her!"

Sentinel: Candy Striper?!

GM: :eg:

After the other heroes pick out Glamazon and Cyberia in the footage:

Sentinel: It's like an evil sauna club!

I seem to remember there being a writeup for Candy Striper somewhere here

on the boards, but I can't remember where I saw it. Can someone point out

where it can be found?

Major Tom :confused:

Had quite a bit from our Hunter: The Vigil game tonight

Concerning being pursued by gangbangers:

Glitch: “We’re in an RV. I say we flush. Should make for an oil slick. We’ve been eating a lot of Fast Food lately.”

The lead zombie escapes:

GM: “He went through a wall. Not the Hulk way. The ghost way. There’s was unchained melody, and much pottery to be had.”

Concerning tactics, and the gangbangers grasp thereof:

GM: “They’re gang-bangers, not Sun-Tzu.”

Beginning the new adventure:

GM: “Now we proceed with Dead Bang.”

Rest of the Table: ::eyebrows raised::

GM: “The last one was House of Magnus. I named this one!”

Glitch (OOC): “Indeed.”

Glitch got his hands on a Desert Eagle:

Scott (OOC): “He’s got a gun the size of a toaster!”

GM (OOC): “Some toasters are smaller!”

Not even sure what prompted this:

Genevieve: “Go go Gadget Gangbanger!”

Glitch tries to pretend to be a gangbanger. I decided not to talk, because if I did, it'd totally blow the illusion:

GM (OOC): “Bitch, I will burn you like a disc I want to listen to on the way to the Sci-Fi convention!”

Zach (OOC): “Your GP or your HP, Bitch!”

Scott thinks he's being quiet:

Glitch (OOC): “You think your being stealthy. In point of fact, you sound like an angry bull elephant dragging a Volkswagen down the hall.”

Several headshots still don't drop a zombie:

Glitch: “Note to self. Romero don’t know crap. Headshots + Zombies = nothing happens.”

Musings on gatherings:

GM (OOC): “New name for a group of zombies. I’m going to call it a Groan of Zombies.”

Glitch is a smart monkey:

GM: “You, Mr. Brainiac, this tells you they’re clever, tool using ape-zombie-things.”

Best out of context:

Cain: “Shoot the goddamned bulge!”

Cain: “I’m aiming for the hole!”

Some one wanted more backround on the evil DnD campaign with Kale (I apologize in advance if it seems a tad ... bitter):

The campaign is a DnD 3.5 level 10 evil, cheese cake deluxe game. The twink factor is through the roof both amongst the players and the NPCs. Kale, for example, can control over 600 undead, where the normal max for my level is 40. He can cast twice the spells he should be able to, and has a Caster Level 4 times what it should be. Kales army, plus the three other members of the party with leadership means we have over a thousand minions to fall back on if things get rough. Which they often do. The average challenge rating (in the few encounters using standard monsters) is 4-5 levels above the party, and the average combat involves us fighting a twinked up party of adventurers with some sort of theme (a church of Pelor, power-rangers vigilantes, an evil necromancer and his allies, a warlock with demon friends, kobolds and their hirelings, to name but a few). The plot consistently feels railed and combat heavy, and has been described as a testing grounds for the GM’s twinking ideas, and to be honest the only reason I didn’t quit (before now) was that I am good friends with the GM, that as his first try at GMing some slack had to be given and that the role-playing we make for ourselves (often forcing the GM to role-play with us) was awesome mostly because the characters are evil and insane.

The story revolves around Kale’s plan to take over the world, starting with the campaign city of Brownwell (it’s in a canyon; don’t think too much about it). Starting with his arrival with a group of adventurers of questionable motives (the caravan trip lasted three whole sessions and made us all sick of bandits for a while), and his preaching about a new world order (and offering immortality to his followers). Over time more and more of the city (and his companions) have converted to his faith, and this very worship (and some horrible misuse of the sacrifice rules found in a more questionable source book) has made Kale a god (by accident, IC). He has his own dimension (which he can alter at will) and everything.

The final session here starts with us going of to fight a dragon (with very little in character motivation; just an OOC request from Naomi) which, of course, was heavily twinked, something we discovered after it killed three party members in the opening salvo. We retreated, and I modified the dead members of the party to be immune to that attack (which it for some reason never used again…) allowing us more success on the rematch, though after having dealt more than twice the damage needed to kill my most powerful servant (if you know dnd, we dealt 578 points of damage in two rounds without any effect), we started getting worried. Turns out the GM had found a spell that, when combined with a certain set of feats, allows the combatant to continue to fight no matter how much damage it takes. My dispel magic (after a lucky knowledge skill roll) made the thing explode. Then we (for once) got the chance to ambush a pair of vigilantes in the city. Pity no one told us they could fly, making our massive land mine idea useless. Another well placed dispel magic fixed that problem (I have 9 prepared) and killed one of the vigilantes. A zombie dragon, a stone elemental dwarf fighter, a machine gun archer and a berserker bear handled the other one.

The next battle did not go well. Frost Golems and teleporting frost mages are not a nice combo. The golems were healed by the mages AoEs, we were boxed in by the golems, and when we finally did reach the mages, they teleported in the middle of our melee attack, moving just out of reach. Half way through the battle, the mages teleported back to a second chamber, where a greater basilisk and a couple of demons (of a kind I’ve used as a challenging encounter for a level 20 party (including the GM)) waited as reinforcements. We said **** this, and retreated.

Going back to the city, we were told the last few days rain (in the desert of a world with little or no connection with the elemental plain of water) was the harbinger of the apocalypse, and that in a few days there would be 2km of water over the city. They gave us emergency rule of the city. Kale said **** this, and left.

I decided I had had enough of that GM, and realizing that Kale was the de facto main character of the plot. It was decided to end the campaign and start a Champions campaign, with me as a GM.

Then the quotes:

No further explanation:

Naomi (OOC): Wow! There's a long way between one and infinity.

On how to solve the hyperactivity problem of the Bear:

Naomi: Can I neuter him with an arrow?

How to ambush a dragon (after the first damsel was ripped apart we've found few volunteers):

Dusty: Wait! I can make a damsel.

Planning how to ambush the vigilantes:

Kale: So… (catches himself) wait, I'm discussing tactics with a Int 6 bear I might as well talk to myself. (to the Bear) So what do you think? Should we ambush them in their sleep or when they do their next attack? (long pause, Bear is playing on his PC) Sigh, I'll just go out side and talk to a wall.

No further explanation:

Kale: Gasp! Actual terrain! Not another featureless plane!

Ditto:

Dusty: They're puppies. There is no will save.

The Bear has a hang-up with certain concepts:

GM: Can you stop messing with doors

A common argument:

Bear: I kill you in your sleep if you make me dead!

Kale: I don't sleep.

Bear: But you have a bed!

GM: He has a bed, but that for...

On the plan to ambush the mages that have been petrifying people in town:

Kale: They're trapped like a mouse in a rat.

Famous last words… we were forced to retreat three rounds later.

And now Kale's good bye speech to the city of Brownwell:

Citizens of Brownwell! Gather round, gather round! When I first arrived here, an anonymous caravan guard, six long months ago, I saw only opportunity. I saw a city awaiting salvation, I saw a people awaiting Immortality, a starting point for a New World Order! (pause for applause) I promised myself that I would see myself in charge, that I would lead you into a new era. I stand here now, in answer to that promise! (pause for applause) The last amongst you have, in these dire times, turned to me for salvation. Brownwell finally stands united in its plea for help! (pause for applause) So, as emergency ruler of Brownwell, I can continue the proud tradition of your rulers and say: (dramatic pause) Bugger You All! (pause for shocked mutterings, changing to an accusative tone)

From day one you've had nothing but whining, pitiless tasks for us! Your City Guard stands helpless against a kobold infestation, so a group of five inexperienced amateurs does what two-hundred trained professional locals fail to do! Your law enforcement fails to solve a crime with only one suspect, and panics in the face of a pair of costumed fools! Your gate guards are so lax a basilisk can sneak unnoticed in and out of your city!

And every time you face a problem you're too lazy or incompetent to solve yourselves you turn to me. Case in point: a pair of vigilantes plague the city. Your law enforcement won't pay a few hundred gold pieces for a divining spell, but pays a thousand to resurrect the victims! And pays us 3 thousand to solve the crime! This is plain and simple lazy incompetence on behalf of your leaders! And only one of dozen examples I've gathered over the last six months.

I know now why my brethren choose to rule behind the scenes. If the masses don't know you exist, they can't beg your help for every petty problem. And now you turn to me again, to save your city from the apocalypse! To construct the greatest architectural wonder of the millennia, a dome strong enough to survive under two kilometers of water, surrounding the whole city, to save all twenty thousand souls. A true miracle of science and engineering. (dramatic pause) In. Three. Days.

All hell be buggered if I'll give up three nights of sleep to save you lot. To the faithful amongst you who have chosen to ascend: rejoice, for you'll not fall to a flood. To the faithful who have not yet given your life for immortally: heaven awaits you as the flood takes your life, and given time you can be returned to your bones, and live forever beneath the ocean. To the rest: (dramatic pause) pray your gods are as forgiving as me.

I bid you now farewell. (approaching armor plated dragon zombie) I will see those faithful amongst you again, either here or in heaven. (mounting dragon, which rears up impressively, breathing lightning into the storm) To the rest of you: Good luck. (flies off into the rain)

One from the P4.ND0.R4 game last night, before I was too busy running it to write anything down.

Dr. Williams (Archaeologist): We need a plan.

Dr. Oktenstein (Sidekick to the world's smartest monkey): No, a plan is just a list of thinkgs that can go wrong. We need a scheme.

Last Weeks Defenders Game

Inertia: I call Tessalyn to ask if she has anything that can help my fight a fog.

Enigma (Tessalyn): What's the nature of the fog?

Inertia: Sparkly?

Inertia: She's got superpowers! They're not in my head!

Sunday's Iron Bay City game:

Tracy: You don't fit in the Nissan. Fix it!

Sergei: Misery loves company.

Tweezer: That's the state motto of Missouri.

talking about Tracy (20 COM), Tweezer learns too much about Sergei.

Sergei: You can't deny her beauty.

Tweezer: Then she opens her mouth.

Sergei: *whispers* That's what gags are for.

Tweezer: :nonp:

Tracy's ability is Duplication, SFX of drawing another part of her soul from a different dimension (each part is a unique person, currently her only pull is Stanton).

Tracy (OOC): Tracy hasn't had sex with anyone yet this game.

Sergei (OOC): Except Stanton, that's creepy.

GM: That's insanely narcissistic.

Sergei (OOC): No, they're two different people.

Tracy (OOC): But the same soul.

Sergei (OOC): Wow, that's a whole new level of narcissism.

LOL.

Hey is Candy Striper mine? I know I posted one

It might have been. Did she get her stuff from a weapons designer named The Candy Man? If so, yes, she was yours.

Since this doesn't involve quotes, I'll put the rest behind a spoiler tag.

I had a ton of fun introducing Candy Striper. Y'see, Sentinel's secret ID (Caren Wells) is an EMT, partnered on an ambulance with a guy named Charlie. For three years, she's gotten to hear how infatuated he is with Sentinel, with Charlie of course unaware that his partner and Sentinel are one and the same. Some fun running gags there, since Caren has no attraction at all for Charlie.

Then their ambulance got called to a rest area, where Candy Striper was performing CPR on a truck driver who had a heart attack while she was trying to steal his rig. While both EMTs were taking care of the truck driver, CS was blatantly flirting with Charlie and ignoring Caren. Then CS jumped into the truck cab and drove off with it, after which Caren (Sentinel) noticed another guy tied up with red licorice whips and his mouth covered with taffy.

Ever since, Charlie has been gaga over Candy Striper -- which seems to piss Sentinel's player off to no end.

I seem to remember there being a writeup for Candy Striper somewhere here

on the boards, but I can't remember where I saw it. Can someone point out

where it can be found?

Major Tom :confused:

I found it. She was indeed Enforcer84's creation, and I added her as one of Adonis' ladies in my world, along with Cyberia, to fit certain specific PCs. The others are as Hermit listed them: Mouser, Kyu-To, Djinnie, Glamazon, and Whipgloss.

It might have been. Did she get her stuff from a weapons designer named The Candy Man? If so, yes, she was yours.

Since this doesn't involve quotes, I'll put the rest behind a spoiler tag.

I had a ton of fun introducing Candy Striper. Y'see, Sentinel's secret ID (Caren Wells) is an EMT, partnered on an ambulance with a guy named Charlie. For three years, she's gotten to hear how infatuated he is with Sentinel, with Charlie of course unaware that his partner and Sentinel are one and the same. Some fun running gags there, since Caren has no attraction at all for Charlie.

Then their ambulance got called to a rest area, where Candy Striper was performing CPR on a truck driver who had a heart attack while she was trying to steal his rig. While both EMTs were taking care of the truck driver, CS was blatantly flirting with Charlie and ignoring Caren. Then CS jumped into the truck cab and drove off with it, after which Caren (Sentinel) noticed another guy tied up with red licorice whips and his mouth covered with taffy.

Ever since, Charlie has been gaga over Candy Striper -- which seems to piss Sentinel's player off to no end.

yeah that's mine. Sweet! I like when my characters are used. Lord knows I don't get to. :)

Guest Major Tom

I found it. She was indeed Enforcer84's creation' date=' and I added her as one of Adonis' ladies in my world, along with Cyberia, to fit certain specific PCs. The others are as Hermit listed them: Mouser, Kyu-To, Djinnie, Glamazon, and Whipgloss.[/quote']

Thanks, Bolo.

Truly, thou art The Man.

Major Tom :thumbup:

As various charaters passed through a portal into a under water adventure the first four change into a trout, salmon, stingray, and barracuda.

Our Alalatean Member a water brathing race in this world changed into a "I'll change into a Dolphin!"

The problem being Dolphins are great swimers but need to breathe!

Here's a handful from our last session of QuerySphinx's P4DOR4 campaign:

Characters include:

Trenton Williams - an archeologist (in the Indiana Jones tradition) with theories about Atlantis.

Samuel Sterling - an ex-Army rifleman turned ex-Foreign Legionnaire turned mercenary.

Henry Octenshin - professional student specializing in biochemistry and animal science...also a student of Monkey kung-fu.

Davis Wilmott - wealthy spymaster working for the American government.

Keiko Jones - Intrepid girl-reporter, with the power to (involuntarily) turn into a half-dragonfly, half-human

Octenshin is comparing everyone's powers...

Octenshin: Williams has the power to turn any ordinary piece of metal into a lightsabre; Sterling can stop time and move at the speed of light; Wilmott can grow into a super-strong giant; and I... I can talk to animals.

Ooh, I hate random character generation! :mad:

Williams: Have I ever been less than a gentleman?

Jones: Do you really want me to answer that?

Williams: ... Um... have I ever been that much less than a gentleman? :o

Octenshin's pet monkey "Archimedes" is opening his mail:

Archimedes: Hey look! I got tenure!

Octenshin: Dammit! :mad:

We start wondering what will happen if Keiko "bugs out" during a big party...

Octenshin: "Keiko! Stop laying eggs in that man's chest!"

Williams: "Not sexy! Not sexy at all!!!"

Ok, I've probably got months of backlog (it's even possible some of these may be repeats, apologies if that is the case):

Lynette: (censored...she's a perv)

-----

Monty: It's actually an antenna, but you see what you want to see.

-----

Monty: I'll feel a little guilty for decapitating him.

-----

AJ: Could I just ride you?

-----

It's the whole evil package!

-----

You're the Iron Pimp!

-----

Only with a fat man in a red suit on your back!

-----

Lynette: My cool fisty-stretchy thing!

-----

So what you're saying is that the only effect was to give her a 'buckwheat?'

-----

Lynette (STILL not sure of the spelling): BOOBIE-WRATH!!

-----

Too...many...cupcakes.

-----

Jason: None of the girls have crabs.

-----

It's the suffering that makes the cloth so soft.

-----

PANCAKE JUSTICE!

-----

Josh(s): Give up! I have you surrounded!

-----

Stop robbing Javier's dignity! (ooc)

-----

GM: I will have to finish him off for you....

-----

The only time you don't thrust is when you're doing Michael Flattley.

-----

It comes with a 16" shaft.

-----

Do my teeth feel funny?

-----

We're stick buddies!

-----

Touch my suck!

-----

I rolled [dice] like a girl!

-----

Josh: You shit out pants!!

-----

If you threw yourself on the ground...you'd miss.

-----

That's the list! WOOHOO! I'm caught up!

Octenshin is comparing everyone's powers...

Octenshin: Williams has the power to turn any ordinary piece of metal into a lightsabre; Sterling can stop time and move at the speed of light; Wilmott can grow into a super-strong giant; and I... I can talk to animals.

Ooh, I hate random character generation! :mad:

Oh God, that reminds me of a Silver Age Sentinels demo I played many years ago.

The GM had us use the random hero generator they'd come up with. I ended up with a guy could talk to birds and fly (with a flaw eqivalent to an Activation roll). That was it. :nonp:

As we were approaching our objective, a remote research installation overrun by supervillains, the flyers in the group were ordered to go airborne and scout ahead.

I rolled the dice and failed to activate my Flight. The following was in character:

Me: "OK, let me fire the wings up." "Hold on, I think I flooded the engine."

Me: "OK' date=' let me fire the wings up." "Hold on, I think I flooded the engine."[/quote']

:snicker: Oh, that's rich!

Actually, we're not playing with random character generation -- it's a Pulp/Champs game. But the line, and the way he delivered it, was hilarious. :rofl:

Ahh, random power generation....

I only had to do it once, in the old Marvel FASERIP system (using, I think, the Ultimate Powers book). I wound up with a bunch of silly powers, including:

Tunneling (just what it sounds like)

360-degree Vision (same)

Claws (ditto)

Whirlwind (basically this power means you can spin around really fast. :confused:)

Alter-Ego (think 'Hero ID')

Invulnerabilty

and some other subtle defense power which I forget off-hand.

At first, I was having a hard time coming up with a concept, and petitioned the GM for a few changes - of course, he said 'no,' which irritated me to no end. Then an idea hit me.... :eg:

I got the GM to boost the Invulnerability power to pretty ridiculous level by having it apply only to things the character ate. I think he was thinking of poisons and such; I was thinking of high explosives. :sneaky:

Yep, you guessed it. I played the Tazmainan Devil in the game, and ruined his adventure in under 5 minutes. He was running the 'nuke hidden in Central Park' scenario, so I just honeycombed the area with tunnels seraching for it. :D One good roll later, I found the bomb and ate it. Sure, it knocked me WAAAAY out, but still....snicker.gif

From then on, all I had to do was tell that story when a random-roll powerset came up goofy. The GM's quickly allowed reasonable modifications.

Oh God' date=' that reminds me of a [i']Silver Age Sentinels[/i] demo I played many years ago.

The GM had us use the random hero generator they'd come up with. I ended up with a guy could talk to birds and fly (with a flaw eqivalent to an Activation roll). That was it. :nonp:

As we were approaching our objective, a remote research installation overrun by supervillains, the flyers in the group were ordered to go airborne and scout ahead.

I rolled the dice and failed to activate my Flight. The following was in character:

Me: "OK, let me fire the wings up." "Hold on, I think I flooded the engine."

First edition Villians and Vigilantes. I rolled up two powers, and got Water Breathing and Lowered Intelligence.

And Named him "Aquaputz". Intelligence 3. His highest stat was his Charisma, at 14. Everything else was dead average. And he's supposed to be a superhero?

First edition Villians and Vigilantes. I rolled up two powers, and got Water Breathing and Lowered Intelligence.

And Named him "Aquaputz". Intelligence 3. His highest stat was his Charisma, at 14. Everything else was dead average. And he's supposed to be a superhero?

And in the same team, you'd get these savants who kept rolling "roll again twice" every other roll until you were ready to strangle them.

Lowered Intelligence was a power? stupid.gif

And I though Traveller (where your character can die during character creation) was the silliest game-system I'd ever seen...

A few quotes from my new DC Earth Alpha Universe campaign. The campaign centers around Gotham City, and the group of heroes defending it now that Batman is spending most of his time with the Justie League.

The players are: Catwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Arrowette. The primary NPCs are Robin (Tim Drake), and Titania (an original character who is an escaped "offshoot" of Clayface).

---------------

Catwoman (OOC) *petting real life cat on lap*: This is my prop! :D

-----------

GM: You get a Hero Point. He drops a Hero Point in your mouth.

Catwoman (OOC) *Mimes eating a sardine*: Mmmm! Salty!

-----------

[Nightwing offers to carry Catwoman up to the top of a building on his grapple line.]

Catwoman (OOC): She slides up against you and slips her arm around your waist. Her costume is so tight you can tell shes not wearing underwear ;)

Nightwing *mimics sound of grapple laincher*: Zzzzzzing!

Arrowette (OOC): Was that your grapple launcher, or something else?

------------

Batman: *menacingly* How good are you without the bow?

Long Uncomfortable Pause: *occurs*

Arrowette: *small voice* I like the bow....

-------------

[Catwoman and Nightwing have been snooping around a crime boss's expensive penthouse apartment.]

Catwoman (OOC): Yeah, OK, so we plant the bugs, and Ill be looking around at all these nice things he soon will have owned :love:

------------

Catwoman:*materializes out of the shadows of the Batcave next to Robin*

Robin: Gaak! Dont sneak up on me like that!

Catwoman: Sorry...Im all out of bells ;)

-------------

GM: Ok Batgirl, when you kick the door open youll stun the mook who was hiding behind it. And from down this way youll hear escrima happening, cause now its Nightwing's turn!

-------------

[The PCs have defeated a large number of mooks; a gang of bank robbers, and a band of Two-Face's men who came to double cross them]

Police Sirens: *wail*

Arrowette (underage street kid with a bow): Um...how do we do this? DO we wait for the cops?

Nightwing: We wait.

Catwoman: Im going to head out now.

Arrowette: ....I ...rode with her! *runs!*

----------------

GM: You see a couple of young punks knocking over a Mom and Pop grocery store.

Catwoman: They still make you in this town?

--------------

"Waiting for Detonite", a surrealist play by Edward Nigma

-----------------

[The group are watching the TV news, which shows Commissioner Jim Gordon commenting on the defection of one Reginald "Reggie Two Shoes" Batwikki, who has asked to be placed under protective custody in exchange for turning states evidence.]

Gordon: If what Mr. Batwikki says he has to offer us is genuine, then is "alleged" former boss, Rupert Thorne, should be very upset. But thats life in Gotham City. In fact *looks at his wristwatch*, I believe Rupert Thorne is going to be upset with him right...now.

Dick (Nightwing): Ive always liked Jim. He has such a way with words.

Barbara (Batgirl): "Pick up your room. Do your homework. Get off the phone. Be in before nine..." ;)

-------------

Batgirl: *over radio* Look out! Hes in a combat suit!

Mr. Freeze: *Smashes thru the wall in a modified 10 foot Lexcorp battlemover*

Arrowette: Thats not a suit! Thats a robot! A guy in a robot is NOT a guy in a suit!

---------

Arrowette: Lexcorp? They make this bad@$$ game system; the Lex-box!

Lowered Intelligence was a power? stupid.gif

And I though Traveller (where your character can die during character creation) was the silliest game-system I'd ever seen...

Oh, yes. Powers were on a percentile roll, and all six of the characteristics could be "Lowered" as a power, using one of your d6 (minimum 2) power slots. It was possible to get two lowered powers as your only abilities... or the same one lowered twice. Or have it hightened and lowered.

2nd edition helped a lot. Too bad that 1st edition Champions came out at the same time.

(Have you ever seen RuneQuest? The most important roll during start up was character backround. A wealthy character could spend money and raise his stats by "training", while a poor one was stuck with what he rolled until he earned some money.)