Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Yeah, she's not too happy about the arrangement. (And I think it probably was an arranged marriage). Considering the amount of skulls she's crouched on the term 'bride' could be a euphemism for sacrifice/lunch. Presuming of course that Cthulhu is capable of differentiating between those concepts.

Alternatively the skulls could be a result of intimacy issues suffered by this particular Great Old One.

Or the skulls could just be there for effect or not have any relevance to the 'marriage' at all.

Maybe they're the other old gods she dated.

Tonight's Defenders game

Enigma: Do you want me to keep hitting you?

Inertia (OOC): Kind of.

Built To Last (to Promethean): Question, can you grow body parts back if they're severed?

Inertia rolls poor damage. Promethean rolls good damamge.

Inertia: Oh! No fair! That's where all my 6s went.

How To Demoralize An Army:

In Faery the group finds themselves in the midst of a huge battle between Good and Evil. Classic stuff. After defeating the Headless Horseman, The Big Bad Wolf, and the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man, the Dragon (sorry, The Dragon) shows up. It ignores Promethean's uber-blast, knocks Enigma into negative body, then charges Built To Last and bites him.

Built To Last proceeds to make a Called Shot To The Head, and rolls a natural 3. The GM just gives him maximum damage. And even manages to do 4" of knockback (the dragon had 12" of KB Resistance) snapping the dragons head backwards, spinning it head over heels and knocking it out cold. He turns to the Army Of The Adversary, fist in the air:

"I wear a crown of stars up my brow. With my name written upon my thigh. I come conquering and to conquer. BOW."

they fled.

Tonight's Defenders game

Enigma: Do you want me to keep hitting you?

Inertia (OOC): Kind of.

Built To Last (to Promethean): Question, can you grow body parts back if they're severed?

Inertia rolls poor damage. Promethean rolls good damamge.

Inertia: Oh! No fair! That's where all my 6s went.

How To Demoralize An Army:

In Faery the group finds themselves in the midst of a huge battle between Good and Evil. Classic stuff. After defeating the Headless Horseman, The Big Bad Wold, and the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man the Dragon (sorry, The Dragon) shows up. It ignores Promethean's uber-blast, knocks Enigma into negative body, then charges Built To Last and bites him.

Built To Last proceeds to make a Called Shot To The Head, and rolls a natural 3. The GM just gives him maximum damage. And even manages to do 4" of knockback snapping the dragons head backwards, spinning it head over heels and knocking it out cold. He turns to the Army Of The Adversary, fist in the air:

"I wear a crown of stars up my brow. With my name written upon my thigh. I come conquering and to conquer. BOW."

they fled.

Best presence attack E-V-E-R!

From the Titans game:

-------------

Feline Fury: I may need to redesign my costume.

Neutron: Why?! We all LOVE that costume!

Feline Fury: I need a utility belt. Ive got so much stuff crammed into the tops of my boots theres not enough room for my knees anymore!

----------------

[A documentary about "vigilantism" is on. It is ambivalent; it lists some pros and some cons but doesnt really take a stand.]

Canadienne (OOC): Like a bad freshman paper, it poses a lot of questions, and draws no conclusions. "F"!

-----------------

Creepy Goth Dude: *Tries to flee out the back*

Feline Fury: *Stands between him and the door, backlit, eyes luminous and claws extended*

Creepy Goth Dude: Runs back into the main room* Werewolves in the pantry! WEREWOLVES IN THE PANTRY!

Spacey Goth Chick: Oh I LOVE that band! Theyre SO sensitive!

---------------

Samson: I am NOT gonna wear eyeliner!

----------

[Feline Fury is gettign nowhere in an investigation]

Feline Fury: I really want Telepathy.....And a complete disregard for peoples' rights.

---------------

GM: ...And the last story in the news is of a "vigilante" who stopped a carjacking in San Francisco. Witnesses say that a couple of assailants attacked a woman as she was getting into her car. Then seemingly out of nowhere, a large man in a "panda suit" rushed onto the scene, and dragged the two men off of her. He knocked one of them down, and the other one ran. He chased the fleeing carjacker and tackled him, then they fought. Witnesses described the man in the panda suit as straddling the carjacker and hitting him, over and over. Then people noticed the non-stop string of obscenities that the panda-man was shouting. Several parents had to lead their children away from the scene, and reporters have dubbed the man "the Pottymouth Panda"

Feline Fury: I am SO getting his action figure!

From the Titans game:

-------------

Feline Fury: I need a utility belt. Ive got so much stuff crammed into the tops of my boots theres not enough room for my knees anymore!

Raise your hand, if like me, you didn't read that as "boots" the first time through. :D

Built To Last proceeds to make a Called Shot To The Head, and rolls a natural 3. The GM just gives him maximum damage. And even manages to do 4" of knockback snapping the dragons head backwards, spinning it head over heels and knocking it out cold. He turns to the Army Of The Adversary, fist in the air:

*puzzled* that sounds like a mythological quote - in the sense I'm sure I've seen in some mythology somewhere. And if it isn't, it ought to be :D

*puzzled* that sounds like a mythological quote - in the sense I'm sure I've seen in some mythology somewhere. And if it isn't' date=' it ought to be :D[/quote']

Revelations 19, he's borrowed the words of Christ.

downloaded from feats.net

From the Titans game:

-------------

QUOTE]

Having seen her picture, I think a utility belt may be problematic. She won't be able to see it...:hex:

From the Titans game:

-------------

QUOTE]

Having seen her picture, I think a utility belt may be problematic. She won't be able to see it...:hex:

Maybe a utility backpack. Her hair seems pouffy enough that she could be carrying a small motorbike there and no one would notice (- and it would counterbalance the front, besides).

From the Titans game:

-------------

QUOTE]

I'm more worried about those long claws scrabbling around against bare skin while trying to snag the necessary gadget/s. Not to mention the potential for getting a claw caught in her own belly ring. It could be very embarassing and quite possibly lethal.

what Egyptoid said - though it's a mash of Revelations 19 and Revelations 6. (the first Horseman comes conquering and to conquer and is given a crown.)

ah, I see

Either way' date=' it's one of the more kick-ass quotes I've read in a long time. :D[/quote']

agreed :D

Well, it's a complete paraphrase off the top of the Player's head. I don't suspect that Google will hit any matches.

It also doesn't help that Built To Last is a Powered Armor character whose armor is very demonic looking, and tie-dyed. It's psychedelic evil spouting bits of Revelations. Some of the Good Guys were contemplating fleeing I believe. The GM went through all the bonuses to the PRE Attack - but the best bonus he got was +1D6 for "getting knockback on a hundred foot dragon" - PRE Attack total: almost 70.

Well, it's a complete paraphrase off the top of the Player's head. I don't suspect that Google will hit any matches.

It also doesn't help that Built To Last is a Powered Armor character whose armor is very demonic looking, and tie-dyed. It's psychedelic evil spouting bits of Revelations. Some of the Good Guys were contemplating fleeing I believe. The GM went through all the bonuses to the PRE Attack - but the best bonus he got was +1D6 for "getting knockback on a hundred foot dragon" - PRE Attack total: almost 70.

I have to say, if I'd been GM I would have given more than +1D6 for that...

I'm more worried about those long claws scrabbling around against bare skin while trying to snag the necessary gadget/s. Not to mention the potential for getting a claw caught in her own belly ring. It could be very embarassing and quite possibly lethal.

Actually, part of her power is the ability to extend and retract her claws. They dont pull back or anything; she grows them out and grows them in (so to speak) kind of like a werewolf or something.

Hey, if the Hulk can change his body mass so much all over -and- turn green, this didnt seem like so much of a stretch. ;)