Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

More discussions about Book's powers

Player 1: Wouldn't it be cool if you could use your cell phone for your spells?

Book: It would! I'm sending a spell via text...

Player 2: "I prepared explosive runes tod- "

Officially AWESOME, and stolen for the future.

Im going to be posting quotes from several games soon. Here are a few from the Embria Pathfinder game:

---------------------------

The subject of choice of weapon comes up for Lee, the Cleric of Pelor

Rhiannon: Whats the melee weapon that equips all the Clerics?

Varga: MACE!

GM: Can ya dig it?

Lee: Who is the one, that can even smite the ske-le-ton?

All: MACE!

GM: Awww yeah :cool:

(If you dont have a 1970s Isaac Hayes "Blaxploitation" movie classic theme song in your head now, go back and re-read)

--------------------

Metrion (OOC): I cast Glitterdust

Chyra (OOC): Glitter; the herpes of craft supplies :sneaky:

------------------

GM: DId you want to move?

Metrion (OOC): No, Im where I want to be.

Rhiannon (OOC): But the donkey is already asleep!

-----------------

Metrion: Dont hump it! Its sharp!

---------------------

---------------------

In an "Innocents" game, Serena, a hot gothy babe, turns out to be a Vampire who tried to sunjugate the father of one of the PCs. Now she finds herself confronted by three 11 year olds, who turn out t have encountered the supernatural before, and are geared up for monster hunting! They brandish Holy Water at her

Serena: What the **** kind of back-woods Daniel Boone Hellmouth have I stumbled into?!?

Some Hot Sun Fantasy quotes. The Players are:

Samira: Hot blonde Jessica-Alba-ey tantric witch, aspected to Air

Shardra: Hot topheavy blonde adventuress of the Fighter/Rogue persuasion

Khyron: Teifling (Demonblooded) expert swordsman and duellist

Ka'sha: Cute humanoid Shamaness from a tribe of wolf-people (basically)

Brom: Savage barbarian and Spirit Warrior of Bear

-----------------------------

GM: So, you all hit the road and head out of town

ALL Players: *Hum the Monty Python and the Holy Grain travel music and clap cupped hands like coconuts*

GM: *Sigh* I guess it just proves that ALL gamers make Monty Python jokes.

Samira (OOC): At least once a session. Except for emo-ey World of Darkness players, but they dont really count ;)

----------------------

Kasha wants to bribe her sabertooth companion, Zama

Kasha: Can you summon a fish?

Samira: Im an Air Mage...although come to think of it, I cant summon a bird, either

-------------------------

Brom: *Looking like Conan in a bear hat* I am Brom Bearwalker, of the Hill People.

Shardra: *looks around at the hilly terrain the party is in* We seem to have an abundance of hills here.

Khyron: (OOC) I look around at the rest of the party, which are all beautiful women.....and then look Brom in the eye and start bouncing my pecs :D

*Player bounces his pecs*

--------------------------

GM: And high above you, in the cliff face, you see a hollow like a cave entrance, with a wooden projection like a scaffold or porch of some kind, and a soft glow as from a torch some ways back.

Shardra: *joking* A fire! OMG! A fire in a wooden building! Who would do something as stupid as that?!?

GM: Um....Abraham Lincoln?

Samira (OOC): And just LOOK at what happened to him!

-------------------------

Khyron (OOC): I sneak up behind the bandit guard, then clamp my hand over his mouth and knife him in the back.

Samira (OOC): GANK THE NOOB! GANK THE NOOB! :D

Not so much a quote as a "What the...!" Moment.

Playing a game of Warmachine, my Cygnar army vs the opponents Legion of Everblight.

It was the last possible attack of his turn, and he hit my caster.

Me: Your pow s 13, my arm is 17, so dice minus 4 for damage.

Him: How bad are you hurt?

Me: I have 8 points remaining, so you need boxcars to kill me.

*He releases dice as I say that.*

Dice: *Shows Boxcars*

Samira (OOC): At least once a session. Except for emo-ey World of Darkness players, but they dont really count ;)

Well, when you make a Python quote in a World of Darkness game, the GM spends 20 minutes yelling at you for breaking the mood. Even if the quote was in character...

Doc

Well' date=' when you make a Python quote in a World of Darkness game, the GM spends 20 minutes yelling at you for breaking the mood. Even if the quote was in character... [/quote']

Still?? Man, that's one thing I don't about that gaming group...

Still?? Man' date=' that's one thing I [i']don't[/i] about that gaming group...

It's just a gaming system. The groups are still variable. Personally, I quite enjoy the old WoD with my friends, but then, we aren't emo wannabe vamps. We play in what I call "the world of general murkiness" and mainly act like nocturnal iron age-ish superheroes.

It's just a gaming system. The groups are still variable. Personally' date=' I quite enjoy the old WoD with my friends, but then, we aren't emo wannabe vamps. We play in what I call "the world of general murkiness" and mainly act like nocturnal iron age-ish superheroes.[/quote']

"The World of General Murkiness" ROFL! Thanks for starting my day with a huge laugh :D

Tasha

"The World of General Murkiness" ROFL! Thanks for starting my day with a huge laugh :D

Tasha

Heh. I remember someone pushing me to run a game in the WoD universe once (using the Mage: The Quickening book, IIRC). I forget the exact chain of conversation but at one point we were discussing the idea of playing in a "World of Insufficient Light". ;)

In a related topic, we were playing a street-level superhero game that deviated a bit from the standard Dark Champions setting. The GM referred to it as "Seared Champions."

:D

Heh. I remember someone pushing me to run a game in the WoD universe once (using the Mage: The Quickening book' date=' IIRC). I forget the exact chain of conversation but at one point we were discussing the idea of playing in a "World of Insufficient Light". ;)[/quote']

Ruled, of course, by Phil.

In a related topic, we were playing a street-level superhero game that deviated a bit from the standard Dark Champions setting. The GM referred to it as "Seared Champions."

Not to be confused with Sears Champions (they all wear sans-a-belt pants and the team gadgeteer uses Craftsman tools). :ugly:

Heh. I remember someone pushing me to run a game in the WoD universe once (using the Mage: The Quickening book, IIRC). I forget the exact chain of conversation but at one point we were discussing the idea of playing in a "World of Insufficient Light". ;)

seared champions??

Some Star Wars quotes:

Princess Asha: Nabooian princess and diplomat (Spittin image of her great-aunt Amidala)

Dirk Nightsider: Young Jedi trained by Master Luke's academy (Picture Dean Winchester from SUpernatural, but with a lightsaber)

Raene Taa: Former Imperial officer, then Hutt slave, now Rebel agent

------------------------

GM: ...And the arena has an audience, with little hover-droids with holo-cameras in them flitting around.

Dirk (OOC): Well, THOSE are going to be sacrificed to the Telekinesis Gods ;D

-----------------

Asha (OOC): Well, Asha kind of has a weakness for Dirk. I mean, hes a "bad boy" Jedi. Shes Amidala's great-neice; it kind of runs in the family!

Raena (OOC): THATS what she considers a "bad boy"?

Asha (OOC): Im from Naboo! Of COURSE I think hes a bad boy! He wears black and rides a speederbike!

Reane (OOC): "OMG *Gasp!* Hes got...STUBBLE!" :P

Asha (OOC): Rawr!:love:

-------------------

Dirk: ...And they say the giant shark-creature cant be hurt.

Asha: Why? :eek:

Dirk: Its sacred to their people. Its important to them.

Asha: Ah! They dont WANT it hurt! Thats different! I thought you meant that if the Death Star blew up this entire planet, thered still be this big giant shark thingie wiggling around in space ;)

---------------------

GM: NOBODY expects the Imperial Storm-Commandoes!

Asha (OOC): Their chief weapons are fear, surprise, and a series of exploding Death Stars ;D

--------------------

Dirk (OOC): I activate my "Lightsaber Defense"

Asha (OOC): "If the blade is lit, you cannot hit!" [/ Johnny Cochrane]

------------------

Dirk: *addressing a Mon Calimari Admiral* ...It was a TRAP! :cool:

-----------------

The PCs (Allaince members) and a group of Imperial Storm Commandoes are the only people left alive on a deep-sea station thats been taken over by crazed fish-men and telepathically-agitated giant shark-things. We agree to team up to get everyone out alive, and settle our political differences later.

Storm Commando Lieutenant: *Orders his troops to betray the PCs* NOW!

Princess Asha: *Quick-draws her pistol and shoots him RIGHT between the eyes, killing him instantly*

Storm Commando Troops: :eek:

Raena (OOC): Cool! Battlefield promotion for "Sergeant Simmons" there! :D

The PCs (Allaince members) and a group of Imperial Storm Commandoes are the only people left alive on a deep-sea station thats been taken over by crazed fish-men and telepathically-agitated giant shark-things. We agree to team up to get everyone out alive, and settle our political differences later.

Princess Asha: *Quick-draws her pistol and shoots him RIGHT between the eyes, killing him instantly*

I'm outta rep. Could somebody get this guy for me?

Ah, reminds me of the infamous Speed Sacrifice Scene from our Sulros campaign - similar situation - a temporary alliance with people we just know are going to backstab us... and when they do our team's dwarven cleric guts them both instantly and offers up their hearts to the gods.

Before they even hit the ground.

On the other hand, it really impressed the third party we had just stumbled across.

(yes, sacrifice of sentient lifeforms was a major feature and expected religious practice of the setting )

We had this week's run of our Mean Streets campaign on Friday due to scheduling issues and we were all a bit tired, so the flow of lines wasn't as plentiful as usual.

We did have a winner, but since it was induced by an outbreak of the Smut Field I'll have to spoiler it to keep it away for impressionable eyes...

The team got together to discuss how they would function as a group. The relevant PCs were:

• Gil: millionaire playboy with wonderful toys
  • Sybil: Paris Hilton clone with ice powers
  • Darren: rising-star college athlete accused of doping after his powers expressed during a game.

Oh, to explain one of the lines, we're using M&M for the system. And in case y'all missed the previous posts, the PCs are half-siblings.

Gil: "We need to decide how far we're willing to go in the pursuit of justice."

Sybil: (after a moment's thought) "Oral, but no anal."

Everyone: :nonp:

Darren: (OOC) I want use Sense Motive to tell if she's just holding out.

Everyone else: :shock:

Some Star Wars quotes:

Got him for you all.