Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Caleb better HOPE he is undead...

WOW :nonp:

(The Next Night.)

Caleb: "Erin, you got a moment?"

Erin: "Yeah, what's up"

Caleb: "I wanted to ask you if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. And if so, if you could tell me how to trick Jesus into thinking that I have..."

Erin: (Doubletake, lifts brow, scratches the back of her neck.) "I don't think you can trick him, Caleb"

Caleb: "It's regarding my stalker...ers... Basically, Reg suggests that a little faith can work miracles. Problem is, I'm so desperate I'll try anything, but not desperate enough to do the whole religion thing."

Erin: "You can't fool him. He knows more about you than you know about yourself. Either you believe or you don't, but religion isn't part of it. It's between you and him alone."

Caleb: "See, I don't buy that. If it was direct between two people - then why the need for the middlemen? Wouldn't we all be priests? Maybe, just maybe, the reason there's so much bureaucracy in place is because it's nessessary. And in any bureaucracy, there's loopholes. I used to work for congressmen. If you follow the idea that incompetence rises to it's own level, Jesus should be even more gullible."

Damn that was a good CRFH.

I wonder if that will lead to any "changes?"

1: "We're watching Hellraiser later."

2: "Man, the Cenobites are awesome."

Me: "Cinnobites? I think they had those on the McDonald's breakfest menu for a while."

3: "The taste of cinnamon...and unspeakable agony. Pleasure and pain, indivisible, served until 10:30 am every day."

Me: "Yep. That's the McDonald's breakfast menu alright."

And maybe the best webcomic line of the year so far, from CRFH:

"...uh, wait. What's with all the smoke?"

"Uh...I'm actually not sure. I think...I think that I was just drycleaned by God. Or something."

"Man, you just have to upstage me every time, don't you?"

Damn, Neil. You beat me to it. :D

I guess, I'll share some recent quotes from my Buffy game, "Gillian the Vampire Slayer", instead.

Episode 1.11

"Why is there a whole bunch of ice in the freezer?" -- GM, speaking for George

"It's demon ice, don't ask." -- Andrew

Episode 1.12

"I've got magic, I've got saving the world, I've got school.... My plate's full!" -- Amy to Gillian

Episode 1.13

"(Dorian, the Vampire's) evil." -- Jarrod

"He's not evil." -- Carla

"He said he was evil." -- GM

"Oh, I guess he's evil then." -- Carla

"Are we a network show or are we on cable? Because there's been a lot of swearing going on tonight." -- John

"This has been a cable show since episode one!" -- GM

Episode 1.14

"If we combine...." -- Andrew, discussing strategies for fighting Levistus

"If we combine, we can be two irritating gnats instead of one." -- Amy

"I walk downstairs and I get shot...by my roommate?!?" -- Andrew to the group

"It's college." -- Amy

Episode 2.3

"When Gillian gets here we'll touch lightly upon this." -- Nigel to the group, regarding Gavin's disappearance

"Gavin's been banished." -- Nigel, when Gillian arrives

Episode 2.5 (THe special Valentine's Day episode)

"Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day?" -- GM

"Well, no boys have asked me out lately...who are living." -- Amy

Eclipse, a dark magic-based hero, is calling her uncle, who belongs to a council of secretive mystics, on his cell phone...

Me(DM) - "Before you even say 'Hello', your uncle instantly says your name, and asks you what the situation is...."

Amy (Eclipse's player) - "Wow, is that like some kind of mystic, clairvoyant power he has?"

Me - "Yes....That or caller ID"

Ok, this was an out of character comment:

Marshmallows should not be crunchy.

Ok, there was a recipe in last Wednesday's Washington Post for marshmallow Peeps, and while I was sharing it with anyone who wanted to look, I remembered that Doc gave me a zillion half-price Halloween Peeps because he knows I like them stale, and I'd had them in the pantry ever since then. So I broke out a package, and poked 'em to see whether they were done yet, because sometimes the packaging keeps them mooshi for years -- no lie -- and they did not moosh even a little. When we (yes, two others assisted me in munching on the firm little edibles) broke them apart, it was with an audible snap, and biting their adorable wee heads off you could hear across the room. I liked it. Kly was less impressed and said the above.

Doc: Incredible marshmallow crunchiness!

Other Female Player: Words that somehow should not said together...

But I digress...

Ok, there was a recipe in last Wednesday's Washington Post for marshmallow Peeps, and while I was sharing it with anyone who wanted to look, I remembered that Doc gave me a zillion half-price Halloween Peeps because he knows I like them stale, and I'd had them in the pantry ever since then. So I broke out a package, and poked 'em to see whether they were done yet, because sometimes the packaging keeps them mooshi for years -- no lie -- and they did not moosh even a little. When we (yes, two others assisted me in munching on the firm little edibles) broke them apart, it was with an audible snap, and biting their adorable wee heads off you could hear across the room. I liked it. Kly was less impressed and said the above.

But I digress...

My wife only likes crunchy marshmallows. :rolleyes:

The Fantasy hero group wanted to examine some clothing to see if it wasa really made in France. In 12th century Englad. Of course. This leads to the following player exchange...

"Lets analyse the htreads and see where hty're from."

"How? What are oyu going to analyse htem with? We don't have a forensics lab here."

"And we don't have a pterodactyl either."

"That's the problem with the middle ages. Too late ofr pterodactyls, too early for forensics."

...which lead to an ongoign series of skits aobut the use of pterodactyls in forensics lab, CSI: Jurassic Park and so on.

Rick R.

Today's D&D game.

GM (me): (Player 1 failed his perception roll to see the statues animate in time to warn.) While watching the elf, you notice just in the nick of time that those statues have come alive and one is attacking you and one is attacking the elf.

Player 1 (dwarf): (Rolls die, hits.) I do 5 points of damage.

GM: When you slice into the fighter, you notice that instead of blood, the man is actually made up completely of wax.

Player 2 (elf): Ooh, we can mold them into candles when we're done.

My friend Terror has played our game for over two years but still is loathe to admit she's a "gamer". She was telling the group how she turned down a date in order to make it to game sunday:

Jim: Did you tell him you were gaming?

Terror: No. I told him I had an NA meeting.

Denial, thou name is Geek!

Background - the group average age is around 35; the daughter of one of the players is in the group as well. She has a reputation for - not noticing things - as quick as the rest of the group.

SCUBA Hero: So, what did I miss last session?

Daughter: I did something smart!!!

SCUBA: (immediately) I disbelieve.

Other Player: Me too! Do we get a bonus to our roll?

Sunday night was probably the best quote ever but it wasn't in a gaming situation.

We were out getting snacks and we stopped by Wendy's so one of the players(The Real Vector) could grab a burger and it went like this.

TRV: Yeah I'll take the number 2 no onions no mayo.

Wendy's employee: No onions.

TRV: Yeah and no mayo.

*On the screen flashes MAYO ONLY*

Wndy's emplyee: That will be 5.42

TRV: May God have mercy on you if there's mayo on my burger...

I'm laughing as I write this.

One-shot game last night, and we were digging through the minis/shrinky-dink figures to see if we could come close to what the characters were. We'd given one of the guys a dwarf figure, then the woman playing the halfling decided she should have a shorter figure than the rest of us. She passed her figure (a bikini-clad superheroine) over to him to replace the dwarf, with the comment "Here, Rodney, you can have breasts for one night."

But I digress...

Dude, I LOVE stale Peeps. First thing I do is open the container and put it on top of the frige. Don't eat for a couple days minimum, usually more like a week. My dad taught me the glory of the stale marshmellow figures, I am in turn teaching my daughter.

She'll be a third generation stale peep consumer.

Hmmm... that's a rather disturbing statement right there.

Dude, I LOVE stale Peeps. First thing I do is open the container and put it on top of the frige. Don't eat for a couple days minimum, usually more like a week. My dad taught me the glory of the stale marshmellow figures, I am in turn teaching my daughter.

She'll be a third generation stale peep consumer.

Hmmm... that's a rather disturbing statement right there.

Memo to self: diversify cigarette stocks into whoever makes Peeps.