Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Heh. The way the scenario actually went down is that, during a later adventure involving time travel, Orion woke up back in WWII and found out a relative was secretly helping out the Nazis as a way to soften up Earth for invasion.

He (Susano) had no idea the GM was going to spring this on him. The rest of us were brought in to the trick and given temporary characters of the era to play out for the run.

The best part was Susano's face on the big reveal when Orion discovered the supervillain they were getting ready to fight was none other than his uncle! :D

And what was your PCs name?

And what was your PCs name?

Ah.

Valyous Kzenos. In the first adventure, bystanders listening to the teens call out to each other got his name wrong, which resulted in him getting the hero name Valor.

His background was actually a fun one to come up with. I made this crazy mashup of Rom Spaceknight, The Powers of Matthew Star, and even some Star Wars.

What can I say? It was a late night. :doi:

Yes. I take a lot of notes during the game' date=' and write down crazy/funny/cool comments as they happen. I'm often told "write that down!" when someone drops a line that breaks everyone up.[/quote']

I'm the guy who writes the recaps of the games which is both a good and a bad thing. I'm the only one obsessive enough to try and write a recap of every game. I'm also the one with the shortest attention span. So I typically write form memory and often forget salient details, who it was that killed the big monster, and naturally--the funny joke.

For example, I can vaguely recall the coining of the phrase "Clown-alingus", but can't recall the context.

But I often get, "Oh that's going in the write up isn't it!"

Im the one who writes down the good quotes for our groups, too. I keep about 5 index cards handy during the game, and scribble the good quotes down as they occur.

All thanks to this thread! :)

Now.....why do say that sheep stay up late thinking of ways to die?!?

Ah.

Valyous Kzenos. In the first adventure, bystanders listening to the teens call out to each other got his name wrong, which resulted in him getting the hero name Valor.

His background was actually a fun one to come up with. I made this crazy mashup of Rom Spaceknight, The Powers of Matthew Star, and even some Star Wars.

What can I say? It was a late night. :doi:

Ewww...Superhero Goulash.

Major Tom 2009 :nonp:

Now.....why do say that sheep stay up late thinking of ways to die?!?

Because they DO! My grandfather briefly kept sheep, and there was on ram that darn near burned his nose off on an electric fence because he was too dumb to stop prodding it with his face. All night long. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* (Repeat ad nauseum) How dumb to you have to be to zap yourself in the nose with an electric fence several hundred (perhaps thousand) times in one night.

Because they DO! My grandfather briefly kept sheep' date=' and there was on ram that darn near burned his nose off on an electric fence because he was too dumb to stop prodding it with his face. All night long. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* (Repeat ad nauseum) How dumb to you have to be to zap yourself in the nose with an electric fence several hundred (perhaps thousand) times in one night.[/quote']

Yeah, what other species out there regularly does things that could kill it and result in general harm, for no good reason? :ugly:

Because they DO! My grandfather briefly kept sheep' date=' and there was on ram that darn near burned his nose off on an electric fence because he was too dumb to stop prodding it with his face. All night long. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* Sheep with a surprised look. Prods the fence again. *Zap* (Repeat ad nauseum) How dumb to you have to be to zap yourself in the nose with an electric fence several hundred (perhaps thousand) times in one night.[/quote']

I shared a house with a couple idiots. I had bought a dryer very cheap, but it had a grounding problem and you'd get shocked if you touched certain parts of it. One day I'm in the living room and one of the idiots does his laundry. When it comes time for the dryer, I start hearing "bzzt. ouch!", pause, repeat. For about 10 minutes before I walked over and explained the problem.

I shared a house with a couple idiots. I had bought a dryer very cheap' date=' but it had a grounding problem and you'd get shocked if you touched certain parts of it. One day I'm in the living room and one of the idiots does his laundry. When it comes time for the dryer, I start hearing "bzzt. ouch!", pause, repeat. For about 10 minutes before I walked over and explained the problem.[/quote']

Having spent a half hour doing CPR on a guy from an improperly grounded welding unit, and from hearing this tale reported elsewehere regularly... When your electrically powered equipment gives you any kind shock when it's not designed to STOP USING IT! :doi:

Having spent a half hour doing CPR on a guy from an improperly grounded welding unit' date=' and from hearing this tale reported elsewehere regularly... When your electrically powered equipment gives you any kind shock when it's not designed to STOP USING IT! :doi:[/quote']

It was a loose wire that I fixed later on.

It was a loose wire that I fixed later on.

Sorry, it just amazes me the frequency with which people think the occasional shock from everyday items is nifty instead a warning that death is near. Didn't this just recently happen with showers in Iraq as well? The previously mentioned half hour kind of made me touchy on the subject. My apologies for the sidebar.

Sorry' date=' it just amazes me the frequency with which people think the occasional shock from everyday items is nifty instead a warning that death is near. Didn't this just recently happen with showers in Iraq as well? The previously mentioned half hour kind of made me touchy on the subject. My apologies for the sidebar.[/quote']

No apologies needed.

I enjoyed this one from our high-level Exalted game tonight.

"This is a little embarrassing, but we kinda got lost and found ourselves by Thorns. One thing lead to another, and we ended up blowing up Mask of Winter's house again."

-Adama, Golden Herald of the Dawn

Having spent a half hour doing CPR on a guy from an improperly grounded welding unit' date=' and from hearing this tale reported elsewehere regularly... When your electrically powered equipment gives you any kind shock when it's not designed to STOP USING IT! :doi:[/quote']

And just how many appliances are designed to shock you, one wonders.

And just how many appliances are designed to shock you' date=' one wonders.[/quote']

Well, there's your basic incapacitating equipment such as tasers. There's a bunch of therapeutic equipments, some valid, some spurious. And there's various sex toy items. :eek: