Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The PC's are discussing where to go for a vacation with an NPC (Darwin):

Sorcha: I hear Aruba is nice this time of year

Darwin: 99 out of 100 students agree that Aruba is a good destination

Charles: What are you talking about?

Darwin: You know, that news story about... What was it, Natalee... Hallway or something, well I guess it doesn't matter now.

PC's: *stunned silence*

Jennifer (OOC?): wow, you're going to a special kind of hell, aren't you?

You hear that construction?

It's the construction crew, putting in Darwin's new sub-basement....

From Teh Bunneh's Bloodmnater D&D game:

Alix: Shapeshifter, druid, source of cat-girl jokes, possessor of the fail field (worst dice ever).

Brontus: Human? Barbarian. Large, dangerous... occasionally even more so.

Hakkoz: Dwarf. Cleric. Obsessed with tar-covered logs.

Pax: Human Fighter. Only nominally in the same game as the rest of us.

Justine: Human. Warlock. Hot Asian chick. Naked bungee jumper.

I liked my little "rant" as the crotchety and half-senile old wizard that they just rescued.

Zacharaius: Why, I ain't been in an airship like this since oughtteen-dickety-six! We had to use the word "dickety" back in those days because pirates stole our word for "twenty." I chased them pirates a hunnert and dickety-six miles to get it back!

Players: :nonp:

Justine falls off the ship...

Justine: Someone save me!

Brontus: Why?

Justine: Um... hot Asian chick?

Brontus: You'll have to do better than that. This team is filled with gorgeous girls. We'll hardly even notice losing one.

You hear that construction?

It's the construction crew, putting in Darwin's new sub-basement....

You think that's bad, later in the same game I had Darwin and a couple of his 'friends' (read: Lackeys and Sycophants) hanging around outside a funeral/memorial for a slain student. Darwin and crew were mocking the fallen student and anyone going in to pay their respects.

To watch the PC's have to nearly visibly hold back from unleashing their fury on Darwin and crew shows I done did my job well as GM. :D

And after you save that' date=' you have a Hot Asian Chick who's grateful. Now that's something to work towards![/quote']

I'm not sure I would describe Justine as grateful; caustic, perhaps, but not grateful. Perpahs it's because she's a hot Asian chick with a Caucasian name.

The PC's are discussing where to go for a vacation with an NPC (Darwin):

Sorcha: I hear Aruba is nice this time of year

Darwin: 99 out of 100 students agree that Aruba is a good destination

Charles: What are you talking about?

Darwin: You know, that news story about... What was it, Natalee... Hallway or something, well I guess it doesn't matter now.

PC's: *stunned silence*

Jennifer (OOC?): wow, you're going to a special kind of hell, aren't you?

Err, kin Ah gits a 'splanation, pleeze? 'Cawz Ah don't geddit.

Err' date=' kin Ah gits a 'splanation, pleeze? 'Cawz Ah don't geddit.[/quote']

Natalee Holloway

I think the implication is that Natalee Holloway was reduced to a poll response (the 1 out 100 dissatisfied), and her name misremembered.

I'm not sure I would describe Justine as grateful; caustic' date=' perhaps, but not grateful. Perpahs it's because she's a hot Asian chick with a Caucasian name.[/quote']

In a D&D Game... who promised Something to an Outworld Entity for Raw Power.

the word Volatile comes to mind.

Continued aftermath of last sessions Cthulhu, with the party explaining to Colonel Lancaster what they got up to in the week he was in hospital, and taking him down to Lucy's basement to show off what they caught in their dear friend Bernie's basement

Paddy
: ‘Innit a cutie. I'm going to call it Gemma’

Col. Lancaster
: *
loses Sanity
* *bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrbbbbbrrrrbbrrrbbrbrbbrbrrrr*

Paddy explains what happened. At some length. Including cheerfully admitting to manslaughter and illegal disposal of a corpse. Also including the hallucinations he suffered when Bernie drugged his glass.

Paddy McGinty
: ... And there was this man in the corner going BOOGIE!BOOGIE!BOOGIE!...’

Col. Lancaster
:
*still says nothing, but finishes off his
other
hip flask of neat Scotch*

It's always nice to see a player reduced to facepalm and muffled whimpers, because he knows exactly what the implications of letting Bernie and 'Son' escape will be

Paddy
: (
about that Son
) It had about 10 legs and 15 arms and no head. Like one of them there starfish things.. no, sea urchin, that's the critter. It was a cute little thing. So I let 'em move back to India. They worship all sorts over there. And I've always said everyone’s allowed to worship their own gods. Just not Satan.’

Needless to say, the rest of the PCs are now certain that Paddy's been Got At. But at least he came out ahead after the whole run-screaming-down-the-street-with-soiled-trousers thing.

Paddy McGinty
: I got new pants out of it! It's what you call a win-win situation

Col. Lancaster
: *
sigh
* He's gone from hijacking truckloads of booze to stealing pants....

The Colonel thinks that Lucy Kennedy will be a better source of explanations...

Col. Lancaster
:
*in a Cuban-American accent*

Paddy McGinty
: No worries, we'll just look around for a police box.. i mean police phone!

Me, GM
:
Police Box
? You do realise just how bad things are going to get if I ever let Doctor Who turn up in this campaign?

Lucy
: We could always plant the Elder Sign around the house in lilies.

Me, GM
: Perhaps something a little less funeral...

Hypothetical Mayor
: ‘Here’s a medal for bravery...’

All-too-believable Paddy
: ‘Oo givit 'ere ya ponce, I’ll put it on meself!’

Me, GM
: ‘Ralsa Marsh – Like Salsa with a R... Salsa,
.’

Me, GM
: Ah, the dating scene in Arkham

Col. Lancaster
: You pack the revolver and I’ll pack the thermite...

Amy Wells
: How about a nice drive down to the coast?

Lucy
:
There's no such thing anymore

Paddy McGinty
: ‘I thought I'd be a more gentle and caring person, but I’ve just gone back to killing people. Hey ho.

Col. Lancaster's Player
: Just because you can't find the body doesn't mean [the corpse] isn't out there plotting revenge

Paddy McGinty
:
Holding Ralsa at gunpoint as luminous green slime drips down the windows
‘You’re not leaving until this house is clean!’

Me, GM
: You’re been egged by the Outer Gods

Paddy McGinty's player
:
fails Listen check
‘I roll 100 - my eardrums explode.’

Col. Lancaster
: I’ll take [First National Grocery manager] back to Arkham, it sounds like there’s a grocery store going cheap.

Me, GM
:
*regarding the Innsmouth police*
Not Irish, but a different group of bloodthirsty Philistines

Paddy McGinty OOC
: If he's been attacked by a giant flying slug, no wonder he ran off into the
salt
marsh

Me, GM
: My parents took me to Innsmouth and all I got was this lousy genetic complaint.

We got XP updates tonight, so I'm throwing out all the old character sheets. I (of course) checked them for notes before throwing them away and found these little chestnuts. Some are possibly duplicated (apologies in advance).

For your enjoyment and general oO-ingness, I give you:

----------------

Josh as 'Xmas TreeMan' (he had some other name, but that's what he ended up being referred to): "Taste my piney justice!"

----------------

James: "Do you think the werewolves will have cookies? 'Cause I like cookies."

----------------

James: "Who knew fairies taste like nutmeg?"

----------------

AJ to Lynette: "If you keep doing that you'll have boobies like tube socks."

----------------

Josh: "I want my new nickname to be fat-bags."

----------------

James as Dr Detroit: "Evil is a privilege."

----------------

Josh: "It's more like scat-mint flavoured gum."

All: "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

----------------

Josh (ooc): "Marching down to the bathroom of victory"

----------------

Jucka: "Even The Man scratches a puppy behind the ears on occasion...you know right before he kicks it."

----------------

James to AJ: "Ok, honey. I know these 'electronical gizmos' are kind of difficult to understand, but you should just let me use it until you can find yourself a man to take care of these things for ya."

Note: This was followed by a pushed NCM Sprint!

---------------

OOC: "PUNDAR the Barbarian!"

Last night was the climactic battle in the story arc... My character was busy casting the spell to set the timeline right, so not in the combat. The NPC I was playing was almsot killed instantly on the first Phase of combat.

So the GM let me play the other NPC he had held in reserve - Dr. Destroyer.

Yeah... I got to play Dr. D, who was fighting with the PCs in a "enemy of my enemy is a ally for right now" type scenario.

I cleaned house. I had the Big D kill off the Inverted Trinity from DEMON one at a time. Jack Fool can cause some pain, but he's a bit of a glass jaw.

Just wanted to gloat. Quotes from the last 3-4 sessions when I get home from work later today. Here's a teaser I do recall off hand:

I said, something, I don't actually remember what.

GM: Please don't write that quote down.

Alright some Defenders quotes...

Enigma: The Mystic, quasi-brickish

Inertia: Kinetic based Speedster

Built To Last: Powered Armor

Promethean: Energy Blaster, Healer

The set-up; all of these are taken from a long 3-session battle in the White House as we attempt to usurp DEMON who has installed one of their own as Vice-President and have the "Sacred Service" (white robed DEMONites). Each Player also got to control an NPC Hero.

Planning, from inside Dr. Destroyers base (temporary ally).

Enigma: We get the van moving at about 90 MPH, and then teleport it to the park directly across the white house lawn. So a brightly colored VW Bus suddenly appears out of nowhere doing 90.

GM: That's awesome, it works, I don't even need rolls.

GM: Give me a Structural Engineering Roll

Built To Last: I missed by three.

GM: "Whaddya mean the floors made out of parsley"

Built To Last: *Rolls Damage Anyways; Rolls High* Luckily I'm especially effective against parsley.

Inertia: Oh Sh-! Oh Sh-! Oh Sh-! Engima! Fix it!!!

Built To Last: I was told there was Candy on this floor.

*Several DEMON agents appear*

Built To Last: They were right, there was candy on this floor.

After a particularly effective Drain PRE/PRE Attack against the PCs.

Promethean: I am covering you. I'm covering you with pee. . .

Enigma (OOC;Playing an NPC): You guys play, I'll figure out if she bleeds to death.

*goes to get Bleeding Rules*

GM: I thought you were kidding. I should have known better.

Enigma(OOC;Playing an NPC): She stopped bleeding some time ago.

GM: And not because she ran out of blood.

GM: Take 15 Body NND.

Dr. Destroyer (OOC): What's the defense?

GM: Having Luck.

Dr. Destroyer (OOC): Pah! Dr. Destroyer doesn't need Luck.

*fires back*

Dr. Drestroyer: Take 31 Body, Killing.

Others Players: :nonp::jawdrop:

GM: He dies.

*After the spell to fix the world falters, then goes right*

Enigma: Everything tastes purple.

Promethean: What?

GM: Reality pops back into place, everything is a bit fuzzy at first, you're at Anna's 18th birthday party, with a bunch of teenagers.

Enigma: I told you everything tasted purple.

My very second 6th edition session, a Freedom Strike session. The characters are gathered in Captain Unity II's office, talking about Eiko preparing for the Mad Scientist's convention.

Captain Unity: Eiko, when does that Mad Scientist's convention come into town?

Eiko: February. I have to discuss it with the planning board. I'm up for a Von Boom award.

Ember: Mad Scientists have a planning board?

Romula: I guess they're just like every other group of conventiongoers.

Captain Unity: So who's on this planning board?

Eiko: Well...I really don't think we should discuss that. You have to consider. Most of these people are socially challenged, rarely come out of their laboratories, and this may be the only time they'll ever have a chance to have sex in their entire lives.

Captain Unity II (Currently Dating Eiko, yes they're both girls. Yes, Eiko started as a gay japanese man. This is what happens when people use your gadgets on you at -9 body without the gadgeteering skill): Excuse me? You mean Doctor Brutallo is on the planning committee? From Jail?

Ember: Well, he IS a mad scientist.

Captain Unity II: I can't believe it! How are you doing this? I can't believe you're communicating with my archenemy behind my back!

Eiko: He's in prison. He still has fingers! He uses the post office, like everyone else!

Romula: Do you two need to have a private conversation?

My very second 6th edition session' date=' a Freedom Strike session. The characters are gathered in Captain Unity II's office, talking about Eiko preparing for the Mad Scientist's convention.[/quote']

Just as long as you don't make like Sandman and have a serial killers convention....

Defending a temple from an anticipated attack, and asked where we will set up pending the expected attack:

Halfling Rogue "I'll maintain a last-ditch guard at the temple treasury. Someone big and strong should accompany me since he can better carry...I mean DEFEND the treasury!"

Funny...they never did tell us where the treasury was...

Just as long as you don't make like Sandman and have a serial killers convention....
No, it's going to be, on the surface, a reunion for graduates of Tlamat Acadamy.

(They Laughed At Me At The...)

I think I made Bala rupture something when I dropped this on him.

Here's a couple from the long awaited Defenders.

From last nights game-

The pcs beleive that Tomorrow Boy, at least if not directly, created Mechanon. As we are fighting him I blurt out this:

Tomorrow Boy: Mechanon, go to your room!

----------

Tomorrow Boy(OOC): Let me get this straight. Mechanon has just knocked out the world's greatest hero, Fantastic Man. Warforge, our brick is in GM discreation, and I, the super-genuis, am not only entangled but unconscious as well. That leaves Nighthawk and Rampant Lion, our non-powered members, left standing to defeat Mechanon?

Fantastic Man (OOC): Yea, I know what you mean. I'd feel better if it was just Nighthawk.

From Teh Bunneh's D&D game:

Alix: Shifter Druid. Keeper of the fail field. Object of cat-girl jokes.

Justine: Hot Asian Chick. Outsourced her soul to an extradimensional entity.

Hakkoz: Dwarf Priest. Walking Brill-o pad. Team caboose. Death from the knees down.

Pax: Human fighter. Only nominally playing in same game as the rest of us.

The party is investigating the cult of "The King Who Crawls." We follow a lead to a suburb built around the roots of a massive tree at the edge of a bottomless chasm.

Regarding an artesian well up-slope of the tree.

Justine: They have water here. These are the washed masses.

GM: It's sort of humid here.

Alix: Oh, great, my hair is getting frizzy

Justine: (OOC) We whip out the White Rain on the cat girl.

Alix: (OOC) *stiffens up as if petrified* Extra Hold Person

The party is met by an annoying townsman.

NPC: We don't have time for strangers.

Pax: Waitaminute... you went out of your way to interrupt us to tell us you don't have time for us. What kind of passive aggressive cr*p is that.

The party looks for signs of the ratmen. Alix takes the "rat sign" part literally.

Pax We found...sh*t

Alix We even brought some back for you.

A fight breaks out between PCs and Cultists. The groups start out far apart but quickly meet in the middle except for Hakkoz who is lumbering toward the battle with the speed of a glacier.

Hakkoz: I may be slow but I've got momentum.

Alix: When Hakkoz charges you don't so much get out of the way as change the zoning ordinance to allow it.

I would have written down more quotes, but we ended up gaming in the dark when the power went out.

This one comes from a Spycraft game from many years back. The players had just met a contact in a Turkish café, only to have it turn into a bloodbath when a group of four thugs with shotguns burst in. Things turned silly when all four of the thugs rolled fumbles in a row, with one of them managing to blow his own head off.

In the middle of this, the least combat-effective character has been hiding under the table

GM: They’re more dangerous to themselves then they are to you

Player: Anyone’s more dangerous to themselves then I am to them.

And, on a related note, my sniper character manages to get three critical hits in a row in another battle:

Sniper: This is almost as much fun as the time I went hunting dinosaurs. Bang!

(Yes, Susano, that is the sniper you’re thinking of)

This one comes from a Spycraft game from many years back. The players had just met a contact in a Turkish café' date=' only to have it turn into a bloodbath when a group of four thugs with shotguns burst in. Things turned silly when all four of the thugs rolled fumbles in a row, with one of them managing to blow his own head off.[/font']

In the middle of this, the least combat-effective character has been hiding under the table

Player: Anyone’s more dangerous to themselves then I am to them.

And, on a related note, my sniper character manages to get three critical hits in a row in another battle:

Sniper: This is almost as much fun as the time I went hunting dinosaurs. Bang!

(Yes, Susano, that is the sniper you’re thinking of)

Oh great... her.

This one comes from a Spycraft game from many years back. The players had just met a contact in a Turkish café' date=' only to have it turn into a bloodbath when a group of four thugs with shotguns burst in. Things turned silly when all four of the thugs rolled fumbles in a row, with one of them managing to blow his own head off.[/font']

Player: Anyone’s more dangerous to themselves then I am to them

There's a line in the xbox Punisher game...

"The Gnucci's need adult supervision."