Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Vic (Victoria) Hagen. Sniper, madwoman. She claimed to be ex British Police, SO-19. She also claimed to have hunted dinosaurs and fought psychic Soviet clones on the moon, so yeah.

Vic was played as being completely nucking futs. She had a five second attention span and her mind would wander with the slightest provocation. In fact, if she was actually focused on the task at hand, then it was a good day. Her idea of “hostage negotiation” was to shoot the guy holding the hostage. Fortunately, she was a very good shot. Most of the time. Some days, she spoke in cat macros. Other days, she was completely disconnected from the rest of the world.

Her hobbies were shooting things, making things explode, shooting things and making them explode, being randomly British, tormenting her team-mates and giving the GM headaches.

An evil organization once tried to brainwash her into joining their ranks. They gave up. She was driving the interrogators mad.

She was also a complete combat monster and one of the most fun PCs I’ve ever played.

Some quotes from tonights Gotham City Knights campaign. The characters:

Catwoman (Selina Kyle) (Looks like Morena Baccarin)

Nightwing (Richard Grayson) (Looks like a young Tom Cruise [pre-crazy])

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) (Looks like Danielle Panabaker in Sky High)

Robin (Tim Drake) (Looks like teenaged Frankie Muniz)

Titania (Annie - formerly a construct of Clayface now an independant personoid) (Looks like teenaged Natalie Portman)

------------------

Nightwing (OOC): Awesome! Soon theyll have those "virtual gaming tables", where you can game with people from all over the world!

Catwoman (OOC): ...Who suck. ;)

----------------

Nightwing (OOC): Oh, yes. We are SO mean to the cat. We feed him. We pet him. We clean his box...

Batgirl (OOC):Thats self defense!

--------------

GM: The Bat-jet packs have bat-shaped wings, control handles, a rocket propulsion unit, and a chest-plate with the Bat-logo. You see them in the later Batman TAS episodes.

Catwoman (OOC): I "X" out the Bat-logo with my lipstick before I put mine on ;)

--------------

The characters intercept Two-Face as he is trying to put a binary compound in the water

Nightwing: Hello, Harvey! Say, youve got a lil' something on your face!

Two-Face: AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! *Flips smooth out*

---------------

("Rhino" is a particularly large, strong mob enforcer)

Catwoman: *Wraps up Rhino's heavy pistol with her whip, then disarms him, sending it splashing into the water treatment plant's open canal*

Rhino: HEY! Those things gost money!

Catwoman: Well, you know what they say; crime doesnt pa-....oh who am I kidding! :D

---------------------

Nightwing (OOC): I throw Two-Face, and then I kick him while he's down.

GM: Bruce would be so proud.

Batgirl (OOC): Clark...would not. :tsk:

---------------

Catwoman is surrounded by thugs

Catwoman: You know, I am into the "group" thing, so let me help you get off *flips a mook over the rail for a 20 foot fall*

-------------

Mooks co-ordinate their attacks against Catwoman... and fail.

Catwoman: Performance problems? :D

------------

Catwoman: We're in a water treatment plant! It cant burn down! :nonp:

-----------

Nightwing (OOC): I give a parting shot to Mr. Face. Only his close friends call him "Two". ;)

--------

Nightwing (OOC): I tackle Titania out of the fire flare-up that stunned her. You know, this is my first time being this close to her?

GM: She smells nice.

Batgirl (OOC): Like warm toast! ;)

---------------

Catwoman: What now?

Nightwing: Get the people out of here! Ill try to find the sprinkler control main!

Catwoman: *Picks up an unconscious security officer from the ground and starts to haul him outside* Okay...this feels like "work" :(

------------

Barbara scuffs into her morning class afer being up till 4 am chasing Two-Face...who managed to get away. Again.

Gina (her friend): Are you ok? You look...sorry to say this...terrible!

Barbara: I was up all night

Gina: Anything good happen?

Barbara: No...the two-faced jerk gave me the run-around

From my D&D Campaign last night.

"He's just a generic cleric from East Clericstownville-"

"-field -"

"- berg.... wich."

Pat, Me, and Jon 11/15/09

"You get another melee attack with cleave, you can't throw your sword. Sorry."

"I blame your computer... What is that? Vista?"

Drew and Jon 11/15/09

After finding a set of wanted posters in the pockets of adventurers in Drearings Deep, we were discussing the possibility of disguises. Redd (played by Jon) was thoroughly against it.

"Well, I'm not wearing a cloak now."

"Aren't you a half orc with red hair in a human town?"

Jon and Pat 11/15/09

After rolling my third 20 in a row.

"I think I just crit my pants."

Me 11/15/09

Barbara scuffs into her morning class afer being up till 4 am chasing Two-Face...who managed to get away. Again.

Gina (her friend): Are you ok? You look...sorry to say this...terrible!

Barbara: I was up all night

Gina: Anything good happen?

Barbara: No...the two-faced jerk gave me the run-around

This one is great! not lying but still not telling the truth.

Ran into a former player, who reminded me of the Teen Champions campaign he ran long ago...

Ravenswood Academy was the setting, straight from the book.

Code names were 'assigned' by the other players making suggestions and the GM picking one. So no one chose thier own name...

Jab team leader, martial artist and former sidekick. A pretty black girl.

O-Scope Gadgeteer with no gadgets yet, son of a famous villian, horribly scarred (and only one eye) and Hispanic.

Grip mutant Telekinetic with a activation roll, Korean-American and non identical twin to

Mindstar mutant telepath with increased endurance costs

Elf half elven wizard with only a small power pool, son, grandson, and great grandson to a famous line of wizard heroes.

For the record, O-Scope and Elf are the only males on the team, but Grip and Mindstar were played by the same player.

The team introduces itself

O-Scope Hernan Cortez. Junior.

Jab (reading nametag) It says here your name is Geraldo Chavez.

O-Scope Sorry, I forgot my secret ID has a secret ID.

Grip A gadgeteer with no gadgets? Why not?

Jab They searched him before he was allowed in the country.

O-Scope You Americans are so touchy about plasma weapons.

Elf Let me get this straight, the team has three girls and two boys?

Jab (to O-Scope)With odds like that, even you might get a date to the prom.

O-Scope Were you volunteering?

Jab No.

Grip and Mindstar(together) Not it!

Elf We also have one black, one hispanic, two asians, and a Arabic Elf.

Jab We need a token honky or we'll never get sindication.

Straight from the book: during freshman orientation, the group is confronted by Professor Muerte...

O-Scope You are not my Father.

Jab OK, Luke Skywalker, out of my way so I can kick his a$$!

...huh?

Nightwing was taunting Two-Face about his, well, face.

Or was it the phrase "flips smooth out"?

Its basically an exagerration of "flipping out". Like "he flipped totally out" or "he flipped right out". Sorry if its not in common usage. My friends have been saying it for years; I thought it was more widely known (Oops).

From my Imaginary Friends Playtest: Millennium Guard believes that the psychic constructs created by children are alive. Magus and Gibraltar have delivered one of the children to their home, only to discover that the Winehouses have purchased one of Gibraltar's statues in his budding sculpting business. Gibraltar cannot see the Imaginary Parrot, he has no mental defense.

Magus: So, Polly Pooper is Angela's Imaginary Friend?

Me: Yes.

Magus: OOC: So, is her house filled with Imaginary Parrot Poop?

Me: Yes.

Magus: OOC: Does it stink?

Me: Oh, GOD yes!

Magus: Polly, you can't run around pooping all over the house anymore. You have to go outside and do it.

Gibraltar (Interrupting, he can only see and hear half the conversation): And don't go pooping on the statue.

Polly: But...it's what I do. (Polly nastily lets one go.) Birds poop on statues all the time! It's in my nature!

Gibraltar then gets caught up in a conversation with Mr. Winehouse about purchasing another piece of artwork. As this starts going on, Magus turns to Polly Pooper.

Magus: Oh, and the statues? Go ahead. Poop on them all you like...

From Sunday's D&D 3.5 game:

I just got my Hero 6th Edition books in and we were talking about the changes, as well as changes in D&D from 3.5 to 4.0.

Don: There's some fairly major changes to parts of Hero, but it's still the same game. It'll still have the same feel. I don't call 4.0 "D&D" because it doesn't feel like the same game any more. It's a different game than D&D 3.5.

On to the game itself. Last session, we fought off an ambush (a group of rogues with hired mages and fighters were trying to steal a powerful, evil magic dagger we had found) and we captured one of the hired fighters when the survivors ran away. We're discussing what to do with him, and with the dagger.

Our current plan is to put the dagger as far as possible down a killer entry corridor to a deserted dwarf city. The corridor will kill anybody that's not lawful neutral -- problem is, we're not.

Yllek: We could send our captive running down the corridor with the dagger.

Il'Marcum: Yeah, but he wouldn't get very far.

Leila: We could put him on a skateboard.

We discuss hiring him to work for us. FYI, our female rogue has a thing for guys in uniforms.

Il'Marcum: Is he a captain or anything that we'll have to worry about... around Devlyn?

Yllek: We've gone from trying to send him to his doom, to offering him a job. Which still might be sending him to his doom...

We're ready to teleport home.

Leila: (Il'Marcum) can take all of us girls first...

Il'Marcum: Will that be all o' you together, or one at a time?

The heroes (and heroines) are talking to their spouses / significant others about preparations for Il'Marcum's wedding. This includes what people are wearing.

DM: She'll be wearing pinks.

Il'Marcum: Panties?!

DM: Your hearing is shot.

Yllek: No, his hearing is selective.

While clothes shopping, the girls have been acting like teases with Yllek's brother Kalen, who is married to Leila.

Leila: Chris, you have to stop doing that!

Chris: But his cheeks turn bright red!

Ryan: And when you turn the lights out, they glow in the dark!

Meanwhile, the guys are planning a bachelor party.

Il'Marcum: If we're not paying for it, then they're not prostitutes.

DM: So the girls are all partying at the White Oak...

Il'Marcum: The White Oak? Is that what they're calling me now?

DM: No. Thimbleberry.

Il'Marcum: :(

B of E: you are not the first person to tell me that 4th edition isn't DnD. And I concur, it's a rip off of DnD like many fantasy RPG systems are.

Trying to remember this stuff in proper order, so it makes sense.

So, we have

Jab, martial artist and former sidekick, and very much our leader.

O-scope, gadgeteer without gadgets (slowly building them out of xp)

Grip, telekinetic with control issues, sister to (mindlinked and played by same player)

Mindstar, telepath and only character with a cool name

Elf, mage with magic pool

Each of our Teen Champions sessions followed a pattern: classroom, danger room session, classroom debrief, real life situation, classroom debrief.

Many of our jokes were stolen from other sources, so yes there's plagerism here.

At class, O-scope showed up early and was reading when the others arrive...

Jab What are you reading?

O-Scope How to Make Friends by Victor Frankenstein

(Became a running joke; O-Scope as always reading something and when asked came back with a smart remark)

Classroom discussion...

Grip You realize our group is the classic five man band?

Jab Sure.

Elf What's a five man band?

Jab Classic cartoon organization. You have five people, a leader, a lancer, a smart one, a strong one, and a chick.

O-Scope How's that work?

Jab The leader's in charge and the hero, the lancer is the number two and usually the opposite of the leader, like if the leader is straightforward then the lancer is sneaky. The strong one has the most raw power but isn't too bright, the smart one is usually the strong one's friend and does his thinking, and the chick is the healer and diplomat and the leader's love interest. Oh, and if there's a love triangle it'll be between the leader, lancer, and the chick.

O-Scope So, who's who then?

Grip and Mindstar together: We're the smart one and the strong one, Jab's the leader, you're the lancer.

Elf But then which girl is the chick?

Jab It doesn't have to be a girl, it's just the first ones in the seventies the chick was a girl.

Elf Then who's the chick?

All look at Elf

Elf I am not the chick! I'm not in a love triangle with the leader and the lancer!

O-Scope That's not what you said last night, roomie.

I know it went on longer, and that I missed stuff, we were rolling on the floor with this.

First time ever head it called "five man band" .. will have to file that away - maybe because I learned of the grouping from Anime - Sentai Teams.

As for DnD4; oddly enough it's the most DnD system I've ever encountered - it's the same craptastic DnD Experience I've always had without the system lying to me and telling me I'm really have a great roleplaying experience. Which, by an odd twist, actually makes it a fun and good experience. Best DnD ever.

As for DnD4; oddly enough it's the most DnD system I've ever encountered - it's the same craptastic DnD Experience I've always had without the system lying to me and telling me I'm really have a great roleplaying experience. Which' date=' by an odd twist, actually makes it a fun and good experience. Best DnD ever.[/quote']

Hey! :mad:

er... wait, what? :confused:

;)

First time ever head it called "five man band" .. will have to file that away - maybe because I learned of the grouping from Anime - Sentai Teams.

Check Five-Man Band on Tv Tropes. See you in a week or so.

This stuff all comes back to me...

In a danger room session, O-Scope reveals his new force field belt...

Elf Where'd you get that?

O-Scope Sears. $19.95.

Which lead to another running gag, every time O-Scope built a new device they asked where it came from. Leading to answers...

"My Mom gave it to me."

"Cracker Jacks box."

"Mail Order."

"I collected box tops."

"Yonkers."

And when they found out that my eyepatch was covering a artificial eye that had such things as a rangefinder + telescopic, microscopic, and night vision...

Grip That thing better not have X-Ray vision, or I'll rip it out of your head.

O-Scope It doesn't.

Jab walks in

O-Scope Nice panties.

The force field belt lead to a interesting sub-plot: Mindstar had no defensive powers. So she wanted O-Scope to build her a force field belt. This led to O-Scope making a deal with her that she would pretend to date him for the rest of freshman year.

Mindstar Why do you want to be seen dating me?

O-Scope Right now, I'm the lowest of the low in this school. I'm ugly, horribly scarred, a runt, a bookworm, I speak with a accent, and worst of all...

Mindstar What?

O-Scope I'm a Freshman.

In case you hadn't guessed, I played O-Scope. And I really wish the ship hadn't gone out for 6 months, because the campaign group disbanded while I was gone.

And when they found out that my eyepatch was covering a artificial eye that had such things as a rangefinder + telescopic, microscopic, and night vision...

Grip That thing better not have X-Ray vision, or I'll rip it out of your head.

O-Scope It doesn't.

Jab walks in

O-Scope Nice panties.

Would rep for this and others, but....

Check Five-Man Band on Tv Tropes. See you in a week or so.

I find TV Tropes to be mind numbingly boring. I've never lasted more than two minutes on that site. Mostly because I really hate television.

And I Know the trope, as I mentioned, I just hadn't heard it referred to that way.

I find TV Tropes to be mind numbingly boring. I've never lasted more than two minutes on that site. Mostly because I really hate television.

And I Know the trope, as I mentioned, I just hadn't heard it referred to that way.

Well, it's gone far beyond TV these days... I've found it rather useful... but to each his own.

From Monday's Hartsveld Campaign:

So, we're battling the bad guys we've been tasked to find and a one-armed is amongst the bad guys. I've taken cover and the zapping them and ask how far the gnoll is from me, intending to zap him next.

Matt Hart (OOC): "Never mind the gnoll, there's a conga line of death between him and you!"

Unfortunately, our D&D sessions are short of what I would consider really good quotes.

Matt Hart (OOC): "Never mind the gnoll, there's a conga line of death between him and you!"

Hmmm. Conga Line of Death - that sounds like a spell Vitus would come up with. But what effect would it be? Sounds like a mind control - not Vitus's sphere of specialty....

Hmmm. Conga Line of Death - that sounds like a spell Vitus would come up with. But what effect would it be? Sounds like a mind control - not Vitus's sphere of specialty....

"Conga Line of Death" was how we used to refer to genestealers when playing Space Hulk back in college.