Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Last night's D&D game. Il'Marcum got married last session, where we also played through the reception afterward. All of the player characters and their spouses/significant others got quite randy.

The next afternoon, Devlyn returns to her room to notice something... odd about her bed. When she grabs the sheet to look under it, the bed (actually a large mimic) attacks her.

DM: It wraps around your arm... and it's sticky.

Il'Marcum: The maids didn't even change the sheets?! Ewww.

Aren (OOC): That scream you heard? That was Il'Marcum just realizing he's actually married.

Yllek (OOC): Yeah. He must have forgotten and gave her money afterward...

Devlyn (OOC): Ouch!

Yllek (OOC): ... and then she gave him change.

DM (talking on the phone to one player who couldn't make it that night): They're complaining about the ream service... I mean,the room service.

Leila is trying to communicate the situation with an NPC (Tatiana) who can't speak any language we know. Apparently, our own Smut Field was on.

Leila (pointing at Il'Marcum): He gave me Tongues.

Il'Marcum: (has a big grin and high-fives Yllek)

Leila: I've been thinking of getting an item with Tongues...

Yllek (to Il'Marcum): She just keeps pitching 'em right across the plate for you, doesn't she?

Tatiana, a metal-mage who can sing metals into doing what she wishes, breaks into song and the hinges on the door to Devlyn's room disintegrate.

Il'Marcum (to Aren): Marry this girl. She's a great "ace-in-the-hole"!

After the mimic is killed, Yllek casts a Status spell on Devlyn and her husband Evan to monitor their current states. The party chases down a lead across town, and is returning with a captured thug when we run into Ryan's mother (a powerful magic user, not sure if wizard or sorcerer class).

Ryan's mom: ... but what I find most interesting is that, before coming downstairs just now, I saw YOU (points at Devlyn) going into your room, not 30 seconds ago.

Yllek (to DM): Where is Evan right now? And how is he feeling?

DM: In their room. And his heart rate just increased a bit.

Yllek (to Devlyn): He's in your room, and his monitor is moving to "Orgasmic." (to rest of party) I'm motivating her.

Anticipating the imposter will try to escape out the window into the courtyard below, Yllek goes into the room next door and to the window, drawing his bow and arrows. Leila turns into a dire bear to break down the door, and Devlyn tumbles around her to get into the room. Inside...

DM: You see a woman who looks exactly like you, with her top off and straddling your husband.

Yllek: I'm missing it?!?! :(

Aren: Can I get into the room?

DM: No, Leila's pretty much blocking the way.

Aren: I yell at her to move.

DM: (to Yllek) You hear someone yell, "Leila, your bear butt is in my face!"

Yllek: Awwww, MAN!!! :(:(:(

The imposter, a powerful magic user herself, erects a wall of force to keep the heroes at bay. She then disintegrates the outside wall and leaps down to make her escape, still half-naked. Yllek begins firing arrows at her.

Yllek: I aim for her cute little butt...

She turns invisible to make her escape.

Yllek: She looks like Devlyn, but topless?! NO WAY am I letting her escape!

Some quotes from the Embria Pathfinder game

Rhiannon: Half Elf Fighter-Rogue (looks like Hayden Panetierre)

Chyra: Undead-Aspected Sorcoress (looks like Skye Sweetnam)

Metreon the Black: Wizard (looks like young Ian McKellen)

Varga Dragonwrestler: Magenta-haired Barbarian (looks like Phoenix from American Gladiators)

Tash: Half Orc Ranger (looks like Rosario Dawson)

Leigh Reighborn: Priest of the Sun God (looks like Christian Bale)

---------

Rhiannon: DONT LICK MY CAPE! :mad:

----------

Metreon (OOC): Are you going to ride ahead to meet Varga, or wait for her to come back?

Rhiannon (OOC): Im going to wait for her. SHES the one with the Survival skill!

-----------

GM: Meanwhile, back in the Temple, Father Whitemane is all *grumpily, while miming using a push-broom* KIDS these days!...Its all about sex, sex, SEX! No one respects the old traditions....And I just KNOW theyre all on DOPE!...

------------

------------

Followed by some quotes from the Runepeaks campaign:

Anuskha: Gothy Fighter-rogue with a bladed chain (looks like Milla Jovovitch from 5th Element in black leather)

Xasha: Gothy Priestess of the Raven Queen (looks like Jennifer Connelly from Rocketeer)

Azyrabetta: Deer-centaur Ranger (looks like Mina Suvari with antlers)

Davor: Half Orc Wizard (looks like green Michael Chiklis)

Razael: 8' Giant Paladin (looks like tall Justin Hartley from Smallville)

---------------

GM: Looking along the peg-board, you notice that Pok's "go-bag" is missing.

Xasha (OOC): *Gasp!* Pernicious plunderers pilfered Pok's pack!

---------------

Azryabetta (OOC): Can I find a guard? I mean, if I scroll my cursor over them, do I see a scroll?

Xasha (OOC): ...Too much World of Warcraft for you!

---------------

GM: If my body is a temple, then clearly the priests have all been killed by Vikings!

--------------

GM: Its like the Cliff's Notes for Honor Harrington

Xasha (OOC): "Its Gravity, b*tches!"

Azyrabetta (OOC): "With a jaunty hat!" *

*(This is hysterical if you have read Honor Harrington)

------------

Azyrabetta (OOC): I havent rolled a die all night....wait...no....I did. Just once. And it was a natural 20, so Im going to shut up now...

-------------

GM: If the green slime was a hamburger, you definately wouldnt want to eat it.

All: :ugly:

----------------

The GM describes a VERY oggie special effect, involving leather-stretched skeletons, stitched eyes, and lots of internal ourgans on the external surfaces of the room

Azyrabetta (OOC): That....was disturbing...

GM: Good! :D

Azyrabetta (OOC): *grabs up the spray bottle we use for the battle mat and starts spritzing the GM like a naughty housecat* NO! BAD! BAD GM! BAD!

GM: :help:

------------

Xasha (OOC): You dont want to miss a Fortitude save this early in the day, do you?

------------

[Davor is a major NPC, controlled by the GM]

GM: Ok, Davor moves to here...which provokes an attack of opportunity. *Rolls dice* Which misses.....no, wait...Davor doesnt have any of his defensive spells up! Davor...dude!....Of course, Davor's looking up at me saying "IM not the one playing me, ***hole!"

Been a while since I've contributed, but here are some good ones from my first session of my "Christmas Campaign!"

-"What is happening in my mouth? It feels like magic. Is it magic?"

-"Why did you tell her the story about the sultan's daughter? You didn't even do that. I did that!"

-"It's a good story, and YOU weren't going to use it!"

-"I should have let you rot in that prison."

(Can you tell these two characters are brothers and adventurers?)

-"Let me see your mouth, please."

-"Uh, no!"

-"Why not?!?"

One of our heroes, who is a sucker for a pretty face, has just been told by the girl who he thought was seducing him that people are after her and that they're coming for her right now and that he must help her! She looks a lot like Jessica Alba. He's a sucker for a pretty face. As he's prying open the window of rented bedroom of the tavern they are in, he asks:

-"So, why are they after you anyway?"

-"I work for the Crown, and am on a mission vital to our kingdom's interests!"

-"Damn, political stuff!"

As they're fleeing the scene of a large bar fight...and the dead girl upstairs (someone shot a crossbow bolt through the open window. It was perfect, since I'd intended for something like that to happen. I love it when the players play right into my plot...), the elder brother asks the younger

-"What did you DO?"

-"Nothing! Something political! I was just trying to get laid!"

From our Scion Game:

We had a rather large tussle in a west Texas oil field with an oil titanspawn critter. Yes, it was made of oil. One of our female team members was knocked out and pretty much covered in oil...as we all were to some degree, just not as much as her. We put her in the back of the our mini suv and head back to town. We all need to clean up.

GM - Are you heading back to the motel covered in oil?

Player 1 - No, I pull into a carwash. I then pull her out of the back of the suv and wash her off.

(laughter)

Player 2 - Yeah, but why did you use the wax?

Player 1 - Did you see her legs?

(Laughter from everyone...including the player of the unconscious PC)

We encountered a lot of undead last game, and there were some questions about how they died, prompting us to make some CSI: Grayhawk jokes. Which naturally inspired this, which I included in my writeup. (The art is not mne, it's stolen; I just doctored the text)

[ATTACH]34506[/ATTACH]

From tonight's Pathfinder game:

GM: He said something about 'Walking corpses' attacking him.

cleric: YOu mean Undead?

GM: That's usually what they mean by walking corpses.

Druid: Either that or Absalom Hookers.

One of our heroes, who is a sucker for a pretty face, has just been told by the girl who he thought was seducing him that people are after her and that they're coming for her right now and that he must help her! She looks a lot like Jessica Alba. ....

As they're fleeing the scene of a large bar fight...and the dead girl upstairs

Is the dead girl upstairs the one who asked for help?

Cause if so Id be kind of PO'ed as a player...

Is the dead girl upstairs the one who asked for help?

Cause if so Id be kind of PO'ed as a player...

Yes, but I'd hope not on the second part... she was the classic "ask for help but then die before she can be too useful" sort of plot hook. She kissed the guy as she died, and ended up seeding him with mysterious magical tattoos that crawl down his throat and into his body. So far they've been giving him unpredictable visions that seem related to her mission. The concern, of course, is that magic tends to drive people insane... so now his brother can't really risk just dragging him off instead of getting involved.

The Honorverse quote is based on the fact that the technology in the Hoinorverse is -very- "hard sci fi", with the exception of the existence of FTL travel. A lot of the tactical and strategic decisions are made based on who can maneuver to where when, and the ships both utilize and are restricted by the bounds of gravity A LOT. Gravity factors into almost everything they do.

And the uniforms of the Manticorans include the Captain having a white beret, rather than black like everyone else's.

The cast of our Monster Hunter game:

Kayla a psychic ninja on the run for kidnapping her younger sister, Molly.

Mike, a half-angel who, due to a psychic accident, ended up switching bodies with the 17 year old Molly.

Julian a Vodun park ranger

Danny a ghost-hunting martial artist

Sonia a half-vampire newspaper reporter

Kayla [OOC]: I work with children. It's not very rewarding.

Sonia: How do you find a land mine? Well, first you need several small children...

Sonia: It's funny because the park ranger gets dead.

Mike: When you break the ward on his apartment, it will summon a demon that kills you. Then I'll have to kill it... and eat it.

Julian: Hi. We're about to do something stupid and dangerous. Want to come along?

Mike: I'm telling you, when she opens the window and the demon comes out and bites her head off, I'm going to laugh.

Sonia: You're the one who eats “mud bugs” from the same swamp you raise zombies from.

Julian [to Mike]: Sound off like you've got a pair.

GM: Well, technically she doesn't at the moment.

Sonia: Well, no, but she does have a pair of something else.

Sonia: Fine, we can go to his house and gank his mirror.

Julian: Yeah, work an 8 hour shift with a fish in your bra.

Sonia: Well, that is what we wear them for.

One of the PCs breaks into the hold of a slaver ship, where there are a bunch of galley slaves chained to their oars. He's been sent to rescue someone, but he doesn't know what this person looks like... so he yells:

"I'm looking for the one who's been taken!"

Oh dear. Did he get a "I'm Brian! And so's my wife!" situation?

Some quotes from the Embria Pathfinder game

Rhiannon: Half Elf Fighter-Rogue (looks like Hayden Panetierre)

Chyra: Undead-Aspected Sorcoress (looks like Skye Sweetnam)

Metreon the Black: Wizard (looks like young Ian McKellen)

Varga Dragonwrestler: Magenta-haired Barbarian (looks like Phoenix from American Gladiators)

Tash: Half Orc Ranger (looks like Rosario Dawson)

Leigh Reighborn: Priest of the Sun God (looks like Christian Bale)

---------

Rhiannon: DONT LICK MY CAPE! :mad:

----------

Metreon (OOC): Are you going to ride ahead to meet Varga, or wait for her to come back?

Rhiannon (OOC): Im going to wait for her. SHES the one with the Survival skill!

-----------

GM: Meanwhile, back in the Temple, Father Whitemane is all *grumpily, while miming using a push-broom* KIDS these days!...Its all about sex, sex, SEX! No one respects the old traditions....And I just KNOW theyre all on DOPE!...

------------

------------

Followed by some quotes from the Runepeaks campaign:

Anuskha: Gothy Fighter-rogue with a bladed chain (looks like Milla Jovovitch from 5th Element in black leather)

Xasha: Gothy Priestess of the Raven Queen (looks like Jennifer Connelly from Rocketeer)

Azyrabetta: Deer-centaur Ranger (looks like Mina Suvari with antlers)

Davor: Half Orc Wizard (looks like green Michael Chiklis)

Razael: 8' Giant Paladin (looks like tall Justin Hartley from Smallville)

---------------

GM: Looking along the peg-board, you notice that Pok's "go-bag" is missing.

Xasha (OOC): *Gasp!* Pernicious plunderers pilfered Pok's pack!

---------------

Azryabetta (OOC): Can I find a guard? I mean, if I scroll my cursor over them, do I see a scroll?

Xasha (OOC): ...Too much World of Warcraft for you!

---------------

GM: If my body is a temple, then clearly the priests have all been killed by Vikings!

--------------

GM: Its like the Cliff's Notes for Honor Harrington

Xasha (OOC): "Its Gravity, b*tches!"

Azyrabetta (OOC): "With a jaunty hat!" *

*(This is hysterical if you have read Honor Harrington)

------------

Azyrabetta (OOC): I havent rolled a die all night....wait...no....I did. Just once. And it was a natural 20, so Im going to shut up now...

-------------

GM: If the green slime was a hamburger, you definately wouldnt want to eat it.

All: :ugly:

----------------

The GM describes a VERY oggie special effect, involving leather-stretched skeletons, stitched eyes, and lots of internal ourgans on the external surfaces of the room

Azyrabetta (OOC): That....was disturbing...

GM: Good! :D

Azyrabetta (OOC): *grabs up the spray bottle we use for the battle mat and starts spritzing the GM like a naughty housecat* NO! BAD! BAD GM! BAD!

GM: :help:

------------

Xasha (OOC): You dont want to miss a Fortitude save this early in the day, do you?

------------

[Davor is a major NPC, controlled by the GM]

GM: Ok, Davor moves to here...which provokes an attack of opportunity. *Rolls dice* Which misses.....no, wait...Davor doesnt have any of his defensive spells up! Davor...dude!....Of course, Davor's looking up at me saying "IM not the one playing me, ***hole!"

I'm suddenly picturing a guy that looks like Ray Walston's character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High doing Father Whitemane's rather disgruntled dialogue

in the above quote...

Major Tom 2009

Not entirely sure what this reference comes from... but he DID get everyone clamoring to tell him that they were in fact "the one who was taken."

Monty Python : Life of Brian

Full scene quote below:

Centurion: Where is Brian of Nazareth?

Brian: You sanctimonious bastards!

Centurion: I have an order for his release!

Brian: You stupid bastards!

Mr. Cheeky: Uh, I'm Brian of Nazareth.

Brian: What?

Mr. Cheeky: Yeah, I - I - I'm Brian of Nazareth.

Centurion: Take him down!

Brian: I'm Brian of Nazareth!

Victim #1: Eh, I'm Brian!

Mr. Big Nose: I'm Brian!

Victim #2: Look, I'm Brian!

Brian: I'm Brian!

Victims: I'm Brian!

Gregory: I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

Victims: I'm Brian! I'm Brian!...

Brian: I'm Brian of Nazareth!

Centurion: All right. Take him away and release him.

Mr. Cheeky: No, I'm only joking. I'm not really Brian. No, I'm not Brian. I was only - It was a joke. I'm only pulling your leg! It's a joke! I'm not him! I'm just having you on! Put me back! Bloody Romans! Can't take a joke!

Well not directly from play but it was my gaming Group:

We were lazing around after character creation and the TV was running.

Suddenly the TV Trailer for the new Twilight Movie starts.

He (I do not know his name but he is the Vampire Protagonist) dramatically : "You will see me tonight for the last time!"

Everybody on the Table: "Thank Goddess! Good Riddance." (more or less, translated from German.)

(No. We are not Twilight Fans. Why do you ask ?)

I'm suddenly picturing a guy that looks like Ray Walston's character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High doing Father Whitemane's rather disgruntled dialogue

in the above quote...

Major Tom 2009

Kudos to you! Most of the characters in our games are "bodycast". Father White mane does, in fact, look like Ray Walston! :D

More quotes from teh Bunneh's D&D 4th campaign - Bloodmäter.

(This is a compilation of several game sessions. My apologies if I don't quite remember the references!)

---

The Party

Brontus Rexx: A barbarian from a far-off land, kidnapped by slavers at a young age and forced to fight in the gladiatorial pits. Recently freed from bondage and seeking a new life.

Clio: A tiefling paladin, servant of the goddess of death. She is trying to atone for a terrible crime she committed as a youth.

Rody Falcos: Elven ne'er-do-well and con artist. He's the son of a wealthy merchant; he was left behind when the caravan master decided he'd had enough of the young rascal's shenanigans.

Hakkoz Stoneshanks: A dwarven priest, his tragic past has shaped him into the bold hero he is today.

Alix Twilight: An animalistic shaman from the deep deserts that surround Bloodmäter on 3 sides; she can barely contain the bestial fury within her.

Paxton Lux: A young human fighter who adventures in the hopes of finding out who she really is.

Justine: An exotic human warlock who sold her soul to the cosmos for the power she needs to destroy the sky pirates she hates.

Aester: A young dragonborn warlord who is more brain than brawn.

Berrian Wildheart: A cheerful young gnome wizard; apprentice to the most powerful and famous wizard in the city.

---

The party sets out to seek the wise hermit called Zacharius...

Berrian: The home of the sage Zacharius is about two days walk from the city...

Brontus: Wait, is that at a gnome's pace? The rest of us might be there by tonight!

Ego and alignment discussions...

Brontus: I'm not just Good. I'm Awesome! :thumbup:

The party is attacked by stirges and one of the biggest of the creatures latches onto the massive barbarian...

Dire Stirge (Monster): My God, this guy's full of carbs!

Anyone else heard this one before?

Justine: We can't die from this! We're PCs!

Berrian is often unlucky in battle, suffering lots of damage despite his efforts to avoid it. But this time...

Justine: Let's see...Berrian didn't get hit.

Berrian: I know! I'm as amazed as you!

A strange juxtaposition of roles during the stirge fight...

Berrian: Don't worry, Brontus, I'm coming to save you!

Brontus: Help me, Berrian! I can't take any more!

Tactical advice given to Berrian...

Alix: Find someone heavy and get behind them!

The party wizard reviews spell effects at the beginning of his turn, having retrained a number of them...

Berrian: Okay, my Rolling Thunder does additional damage...then I attack those two zombies with Chill Claws...

Brontus: Where did you get all these powers?

Berrian: I'm a bonster! Rrawr! :eg:

Who would have guessed the gnome was a playa?

Berrian: Once you go gnome, you never go home!

Explaining why Justine can't use the gnome as a throwing weapon...

Brontus: I wouldn't use Berrian as a missile weapon. He's too weedy. It'd be like throwing a sponge at the enemy.

Berrian hides behind Justine as enemies close in...

Justine: The warlock does NOT count as cover!

The warlock suffers hail of missile fire from the enemy...

Justine: But I'm not effective! Why don't you shoot at someone useful!

Don't draw the barbarian's attention...

Brontus: Now I'm enraged...AND focused!

As Alix rushes to rescue Justice, who has fallen off the edge of the skyship, the party wonders if the shifter's 'fail-field' would be in effect...

Brontus: If it was possible to make a fall to your death worse, Alix would do it.

During a scouting mission, Alix and Rody are mind controlled into thinking their companions are actually enemies...

Alix: Every time I try to sidequest, I get turned into a mental zombie and start attacking the party.

GM: That just happened once. Quit bitching.

The warlock complains about the usual marching order...

Justine: I'm always in the back of the marching order. God help the party if something ever sneaks up behind us.

Brontus: Nooo...you mean God help YOU if something ever sneaks up behind us.

A series of poor dice rolls contribute the last ratman's lifespan in the midst of battle...

Brontus: How many adventurers does it take to kill one ratman!?

Pax: Is this a joke?

Alix: I'm going to take my Extended Rest while everyone else kills this critter.

Too much manga perhaps...

GM: The monster has tentacles.

Brontus: This doesn't bode well for Alix.

Rody sneaks up behind an enemy mage and stabs him for massive damage...

Rody: What's black and white and red all over? You...if you happen to be wearing black and white.

A swarm of minion-style monsters get a number of lucky hits on the poor barbarian...

Brontus: I don't want to be killed by a pack of minions! I ain't going out like that!

Discussion of (I believe) Justine the warlock...

Aester: Surely you don't need her help to defend your honor.

Clio: Oh, no, she needs all kinds of help to defend her honor!

Rody rolls a great attack roll...

Rody (OOC): I rolled a 28 to hit!

GM: Against what defense?

Rody (OOC): Um, against Armor Class...

GM: I'm just kidding. You hit everything.

The gnome receives a scolding for rushing into the front line...

Justine: What have we told you about charging into the fray?

Berrian: That is was manly, courageous and impressive?

Brontus: That's right!

Justine: No, Brontus is allowed to be manly, courageous, and impressive. You're just a wuss.

The party finishes off a gang of dwarven pirates...

Brontus: I'm sorry I had to kill one of your fellow dwarves, Hakkoz.

Hakkoz: Whatever. He was an @$$ anyway.

Alix: Truth be told, all dwarves hate all other dwarves.

Listing the result of a powerful daily power attack against a foe...

GM: Let's see...he's bloodied, he's dazed, he's immobilized...and he's dead.

Why does the rogue always get to look for loots first?

Rody: Technically...there's no treasure until the rogue announces it to the party.

Brontus: What is it? Schrödinger's treasure?

---

And just a random comment about the Deadlands RPG...

Ghost-Angel: What's a Deadlands game without dynamite?

Lonewalker: A longer campaign.

---

Whew! Now I'm all caught up! Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Today in yet another Indianapolis Superhero Session, the heroes encountered a villian who turns people into DNA overridden combat machines for a minute or so. Well, actually, they only encountered one of the minions.

So after the battle is over, Wilt calls her mad scientist guardian (Don't ask how she got a mad scientist guardian, the government figured it was safest)

Wilt: So, we have this goo that was released when he transformed it back.

Eugene: It's interesting goo. Is it important?

Wilt: Well, it's science! Mildly disturbing science. Could you come home and watch my little brother while we talk about it at our base?

Eugene: But...I could analyze it for you.

Wilt: You're on a DATE. With Sharon! A girl, remember? (This is the problem with having a mad scientist for a guardian)

Rogue: I have an idea! You could bring Tommy to the base with us, and then Sharon could take care of him while Eugene fills us in!

Wilt: Stop helping! Just stop helping!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, at the base, Eugene is explaining the goo to the heroes.

Eugene: Well, it receives a radio signal after some form of triggering mechanism, which rewrites a portion of his DNA and activates a number of automated silicate/carbon compounds already active in the latent DNA rewrite, effectively turning him into a fighting machine with his mind locked away in a storage compartment.

Amethyst (II): Could you explain that to us in English?

Eugene: It rewrites his head and turns him into a lethal killing machine. I think I'm pretty much done here. I'm going to send P.T.A.H. a copy, and the local police a copy, give you guys a copy, and keep a copy for me so that I can make molecular models, mwahahahahaaaa!....(Stops momentarily) Don't tell Sharon I said that.

Discussion of (I believe) Justine the warlock...

Aester: Surely you don't need her help to defend your honor.

Clio: Oh, no, she needs all kinds of help to defend her honor!

How do you get away with this slander? I'm sure Justine's honour is as impregnable as the Maginot Line