Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Usually' date=' we have much more regard for such matters. [b']However[/b], as I already said, the Big Bad was ALSO setting up some kind of ritual. Obligingly let him finish both his speech and said ritual seemed like an incredibly bad idea. So then I went with a humorous directive instead of something more factual. You had to be there.

Hey, Ian, does any one in the DH group have Creatures Anathema or The Radical's Handbook? If yes, you'll find my name in the author's section.

From last night's Champions game

GM: O.k. and the enemy brick is out cold.

Faceless (PC Brick): I'm going to pick him up and throw him at one of his teammates. How heavy is he so I can figure throwing distance.

GM: 100 tons.

Faceless: Holy s***, well I can still lift him at least.

Me: Did the enemy brick get his strength from density increase?

GM: Nope, just says right here under notes that lift is 100 tons.

Faceless: That 100 tons written beside his strength score?

GM: Yeah.

Me: Dude, that's how much he can lift not how much it takes to lift him.

GM: That makes a whole h*** of a lot more sense.

From a Pulp game that ended a while back.

The team's pilot accepts a package that gets delivered to the team's base. He sets the package down and it starts ticking. The group as a whole quickly realizes it's a bomb and hurl it out the window (which by blind luck looks out over the bay so the bomb goes in the water). One player forgot this fact.

Durr (Big Game Hunter): Was that really wise? I mean what if that window faces an apartment building and some little old lady is sitting over there with her window open and that bomb comes sailing through the window.

Rex (Pilot): Relax, the office is at the docks remember.

Durr: Yeah, right now I remember.

Over the course of the game, other items go out the same window. Most notable were a bag of poisoned money, four dead thugs sent by the main bad guy, and two live thugs from the same group. It became a running joke that the old lady's apartment was just going to be filled with the stuff that we had thrown out of our office.

In a DH game I play in.

Scythia: my character proffessional type assassin.

Quinn: psychopathic assassin type.

Set up: We were on a planet investigating the plantary governor. We discovered he was withholding his children from the Black Ship and framed a group of people for murdering the local imperial pysker. The group decided since his loyalist would side with him to remove him quietly and frame the rebels for it sending in the lotalist after them...giving the rebels warning so they would be ready. So my character and Quinn went in to kill the governor and his wife(couldn't risk the whittness). As we were sneaking out Quinn was spotted by a guard..

Guard: "Halt! Who goes there."

Scythia: stepping out from the shadows.."Your security has been compromise by the rebels. Tke us to the head of security now" Flashing the inquisators badge.

It was great snatching victory from the jaws of defeat because Quinn was just going to kill the guy. But he would have probably raised the alarm.

@Susano: I have the creatures book and have looked and saw your name. What did you write in particular?

@Susano: I have the creatures book and have looked and saw your name. What did you write in particular?

Ahhh... the deathworld with the Osadexes, the deathworld with the Ripper Whips, the Boreworms, the Simulacria, the Stenchbeasts of Strank, and some of the other xenos creatures.

From my Fantasy Hero game. The characters just solved a murder in the last session, and I was commenting on how well their investigation went...

GM: You guys did really well, even though there were a couple of red herrings to throw you off the trail...

Querysphinx: I'm certain those weren't red herrings. They're unresolved future plot hooks!

I lurves my players! :D

From my Fantasy Hero game. The characters just solved a murder in the last session, and I was commenting on how well their investigation went...

GM: You guys did really well, even though there were a couple of red herrings to throw you off the trail...

Querysphinx: I'm certain those weren't red herrings. They're unresolved future plot hooks!

I lurves my players! :D

Correction: that was Ghost-angel

:)

Here is two from a D&D game...I think the first one is 'you had to be there' type moment but I'll share it anyway.

Cast: The spelling of the names might be off...

Amra: my character a lythari(werewolf elf) Fight/wizard/bladesinger

Razesh:Elf ranger

Jhaumathra: Elf Cleric

Set up: We are in a area dealing with a Yuan-Ti plot to take over the South part of the world. In the jungle heading towards the the Elven town that is directly threaten we ran into a green dragon. We talked to the green Dragon and find out he has been having problems with the Yuan-Ti too.

Dragon: (rant about the ytuan-ti)....and they don't even taste good.

Amra: He is right. (with perfect tone...and timing, remember werewolf part...she has a bite attack)

Set up: The cleric fell in battle...since we were a couple of days from the town and the ranger could cover the ground quickly. So they left Amra and the ranger's animal companion alone in the cave. The animal companion was a Cooshee( a magical beast also called a Elven hound). Amra had a reptuation of sleeping around alot...she was a young elf and they tend to experment...also being a natural werewolf and having a wolf form...well let just say she is attractived to things canine like. So when the ranger and cleric return to the cave...I pass a note to the DM since there was no encounters and about 7 days pass...

DM: when you get back to the cave your animal companion seems rather fond of Amra.

Razesh(OOC): You slept with my animal companion?!?!

Amra(OOC): What happens in the cave stays in the cave.

From my Star Trek - Original Series campaign:

---------------------------------

LCDR Jaegar (Chief of Security): We have a full security detatchment in place.

Pirate: I dont believe you!

Lt. Fey: Would you believe Jim Kirk with an improvised incendiary device?

-----------------

LCDR Bane (new Chief of Sciences) (OOC): You get a full-on girl-talk TMI infodump all about her date with Flynn, complete with juicy details about absolutely everything

Fey (OOC): With Flynn. The Chief of Engineering. My boss......

Bane: ...Are you OK?

Fey: Im ok. Im just going to go stand in the warp core.

GM: You still feel dirty.

(Note: I keep having trouble highlighting things' date=' since the shift over to the new format. Thats why the GM's line isnt tagged; I COULDNT!)[/quote']

You can highlight by selecting the word and pressing the b button like this

The code is bracket B bracket the word bracket backslash B bracket

CES

Crossposted

There was an RPG long ago called (I think) ' Monster' date=' Monster' which used this basic idea. Unsure, but think it might have been a 'Tunnels & Trolls' variant. [/quote']

Monsters Monsters. Yes, it was Tunnels and Trolls. Pity. Great concept, lousy system.

I ran that one.

I remember one time, the demon was down to two hit points. So the player asked me "Where do demons go when they die?"

The answer popped out of me without thought "To a better place."

The player said "You mean, like a world full of paladins?"

I said "Yeah, but a demon wouldn't last long there. And every time the demon dies, it goes up the scale of goodness to worlds with less and less evil."

Player "Where would I end up?"

Me "Well, eventually you'd come a world of eternal sunshine and flowers. Big towering daisies taller than you are, and the sun a smiling beaming face in the sky forever."

Player "I take my sword and start cutting down flowers."

Me "It doesn't matter. They just spring up again behind you."

Player "I don't care. I just walk forward, circling the world, mowing them down."

Me "Eventually of course another demon will have died in the previous world and pop up there."

Player "I kill it."

Me "Or it kills you. Either way, you both end up in seperate but identical worlds of endless fields of flowers."

The player decided his demon character really really didn't want to die.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks that was pretty good for a completely impromptu answer to a metaphysical question in the middle of a very silly game

You can highlight by selecting the word and pressing the b button like this

The code is bracket B bracket the word bracket backslash B bracket

CES

Oh, I know how to do that with the B button.

But for some reason, I can't highlight what I want to. Ever since the change-over, Ill try to highlight something, and the screen jumps and somethine ELSE is highlit instead. Eventually I just swear a lot and give up ;)

Oh, I know how to do that with the B button.

But for some reason, I can't highlight what I want to. Ever since the change-over, Ill try to highlight something, and the screen jumps and somethine ELSE is highlit instead. Eventually I just swear a lot and give up ;)

You too?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if other people are getting that "log you out after 190 seconds" thing too

Guest Celt

I get that sometimes. And this godfawful lag time between typing and when text appears. So much so that I'll just type longer posts in notepad and c&p it over.

Here is two from a D&D game...I think the first one is 'you had to be there' type moment but I'll share it anyway.

Cast: The spelling of the names might be off...

Amra: my character a lythari(werewolf elf) Fight/wizard/bladesinger

Reisha:Elf ranger

Jauthmothma: Elf Cleric

Set up: We are in a area dealing with a Yuan-Ti plot to take over the South part of the world. In the jungle heading towards the the Elven town that is directly threaten we ran into a green dragon. We talked to the green Dragon and find out he has been having problems with the Yuan-Ti too.

Dragon: (rant about the ytuan-ti)....and they don't even taste good.

Amra: He is right. (with perfect tone...and timing, remember werewolf part...she has a bite attack)

Set up: The cleric fell in battle...since we were a couple of days from the town and the ranger could cover the ground quickly. So they left Amra and the ranger's animal companion alone in the cave. The animal companion was a Cooshee( a magical beast also called a Elven hound). Amra had a reptuation of sleeping around alot...she was a young elf and they tend to experment...also being a natural werewolf and having a wolf form...well let just say she is attractived to things canine like. So when the ranger and cleric return to the cave...I pass a note to the DM since there was no encounters and about 7 days pass...

DM: when you get back to the cave your animal companion seems rather fond of Amra.

Reisha(OOC): You slept with my animal companion?!?!

Amra(OOC): What happens in the cave stays in the cave.

Ohhh, there's definitely a joke just begging to be used here...but in the interests of

keeping this a family-friendly forum, I'll refrain from doing so.

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

In teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign - the Chronicles of Foxton - we played pre-generated members of the local Draconians (well-trained police force) investigating a situation that will eventually fall into the lap of our main PCs. These quotes come from that session.

---

Cast:

Lieutenant Niamh O’Derry: Professional warrior serving as an officer in the Apotic Corps of the Draconians - left in charge while the Captain is away on another mission.

Sergeant Will: A very personable and friendly jack-of-all-trades - everyone likes Will - currently second in command.

Officer Uri Barechest: A powerful warrior originally from Valorsheim - a tough fighter with a soft side for his family and a love of a good brawl.

Officer Candor Silverstone: An Elven wizard from Pasion - curious and analytical with a flirtatious streak.

Trainee James Jameson: A young priest of Durom, from a long line of cops - still in training, but with the potential to be a great officer...if he can overcome his nervousness.

---

Prior to the session starting - a bit of an inside joke...

Lonewalker: Bill is running HERO now. He can suddenly do math.

The team's priest and healer proves unable to make any Paramedic and spellcasting rolls...

James: Uhm, that's a lot of blood.... :angst:

Candor: All right, Draconians, this is our cleric. So let's remember not to get hurt.

The Elf warns bystanders (mostly Human) not to get too close to the growing fight in the local bar...

Candor: No need to further shorten your already short lifespans.

A sergeant's tactical advice to the rookie...

Will: Follow standard police procedure....put the boot in! :eg:

Ribbing between players...

Uri (OOC): They like puns in Demoria. I read it in the handbook.

Niamh (OOC): It says that they like GOOD puns.

Upon realization that Sgt. Will has two levels of Striking Appearance...

Candor: Ah, now I remember where my handcuffs are.

The cleric makes his first successful roll of the night...

James: Yeah, who's the man?! :rockon:

Candor: Will and Uri for sure. Possibly the Lieutenant...

James: :weep:

Another player suddenly has some bad luck on the die rolls...

GM: You got a little Jameson on your dice there...

James fails a diagnostic Paramedics rolls on a victim of the fight but succeeds his magical healing check...

GM: Your healing magic flows into his body. Too bad you didn't realize he was already dead.

Discussing the Elf's guidelines regarding casual bedmates...

Candor: I can't sleep with a superior.

Uri: Who would an Elf rank as a superior?

Candor: Yes, we do make things simple, don't we? :winkgrin:

Discussion of the law-biding nature of Demoria by the two non-Demorians...

Candor: Demorians seem to have an exceptional number of rules, don't they?

Uri: Yes, I take exception to most of them!

During the questioning of a witness, a young, pretty barmaid...

Will: How many self-respecting Demorian women are going to be in a dive like this? Not that it matters - I just want to know where I stand.

Candor: Oh, that's right - you Humans mostly use beds to sleep!

James: Wow. I've got to visit Pasion sometime.

The Elf fails to kick open a door...

Candor: My stiletto is stuck!

Poor Niahm critically fails a PS: Surgery roll, resulting in prisoner's death! Her teammates are predictably "supportive...."

Candor (OOC): He can't breathe! I need to poke some air holes in him!

Uri (OOC): I tried a tracheotomy...in his chest!

Enjoy!

Lonewalker