Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"I apologize for the late notice but [we] will not be able to make it tomorrow."

--Created in e-mail at 23:59:29 on Saturday. (That's 31 seconds before midnight for you civilians.)

We game at noon on Sunday (Oh, wait, that's today!). :(

"I apologize for the late notice but [we] will not be able to make it tomorrow."

--Created in e-mail at 23:59:29 on Saturday. (That's 31 seconds before midnight for you civilians.)

At least you got twelve hours notice. I got 5 today.

"Hey Seth, It's Lisa. Um, I feel a bit ill to come down today. Rum may have been a factor." :sick:

Another player called it the 12 ounce flu. Or 151 flu in this case.

My Champions campaign has started again...

In Session 1, several weeks ago the following took place...

---------- Excerpt from the Session Log ----------

Shockwave offers a lift to Boost, so that he can check on Kitsune. As they approach Amethyst, they see someone approaching. Boost yells, "Incoming from the left." Shockwave replies. "Good you see him, too."

The "him" was a man armored in chainmail carrying a shield and lance while riding a ghostly horse.

-------------------------------------------------

In Session 2, a couple of weeks ago...

Setting the scene... Sir William, a Norman Knight displaced in time, has just entered Boost's quarters... the projection wall in the room shows a men's gymnastics competition. Boost reveals that one of the competitors is his boyfriend...

---------- Excerpt from the Session Log ----------

There is a little bit of discussion about lifestyles and offending the other and in the end Sir William states, "I am not offended, I just don't swing that way."

-------------------------------------------------

The session reports have just been posted, if anyone wants to read them...

http://wardens.angeva.com/updates/u-20050626.asp'>http://wardens.angeva.com/updates/u-20050626.asp

Bill Beane

Wardens Chronicles - Champions Campaign - http://wardens.angeva.com

Foundation Chronicles - The World of the Wardens - http://foundation.angeva.com

The game I was supposed to go to on Saturday was also cancelled.

On the other side of things I had guys call me and say "We're going to come over and game tomorrow. Can you run something?" :nonp:

Well, ok... not so bad as that, and I made up a decent adventure off the top of my head.

Had a great quote in that game.

"I do the smart thing and dive through the window!"

Dude! You got 12 hours notice! Go you!

There is always the sockpuppet alternative. We had an unreliable player who was finally replaced by a sockpuppet (well, actually, we just made mouthmoving gestures with our fingers while calling out her catchphrases). It worked... remarkably well, actually.

At least you got twelve hours notice. I got 5 today.

Dude! You got 12 hours notice! Go you!

Well, I err, um, slept until 10, so I really didn't have but 2 hours, except that my wife was on the computer. After waiting for about 45 minutes past game time, I asked my wife if I could check e-mail. (She was playing Sims2 University and the biggest drawback is taking forever to go from one scene to the next (such as from a store to the home) and after she returned home, it took several minutes (at least 5, possibly up to 10) before the game exited out after she saved it. Once I read the e-mail, I copied, pasted, edited, and submitted it. So while I had the *potential* for 12 hours, I found out 13 hours after it was sent.

Then the third player sent me an e-mail asking (the fourth is having his home remodeled and some other stuff, so he can't game through July), since she was ready, but playing 1 person where 4 are supposed to be (wrapping up the end of the adventure, no less) wouldn't have worked.

Anyway, enough of that. (Though, I haven't heard from my PBeM in the last couple of days either.)

I want to read some good quotes, dangit!

Here's a funny one form my gaming group. during the campaign one of the players created a gadgeteer character(classic high intelligence, many skills etc). During his introductory session, he offered to provide gadgets and items for the group and proceeded to take down a list full of requests. several from each player. the requests flew fast and furious and included everything from improved armored costumes, to hovering surf boards(thats another story in and of it self :lol: ) So he goes around the group taking requests and we come to the martial artist of the group who comes up with the following.

Hunter (the genius) ok everyone give me your requests for gadgets and what not and I'll get to the lab and get them built.

Flash Fire an improved armored costume

Lightning Strike an improved armored costume as well and a flying surfboard

Dog-Star power wrist bracers to improve my power blasts

Hunter anyone else; Angelo?

Angelo(the martial artist who has been silent to this point)

"All I want is a descent pair of pants"

delay of game penalty 15 minutes of unfettered laughing :rofl:

(snip)

I want to read some good quotes, dangit!

Hope this cuts it...

(WARNING - ADULT WORD)

Well, in the Cyber Ninja Pirates game, there are 4 monkey PCs (3 by 1 player, though). When a new PC, Denny, came aboard the space vehicle and saw this, he said to the commander, Krang (a PC), "Mmmm, monkeys, must be tough keeping the place cleaned up with all the sh*t."

Commander Krang, "Welll, at least we got them to stop flinging it."

(Actually they're quite civilized)

The game I was supposed to go to on Saturday was also cancelled.

It was only last week that we managed to get a game going after a month or so of non-starters. (The game where I gave the quote a page or two back.)

JG

P.S. And if our other two players were able to show up, the team might not have gotten pounded...

Angelo(the martial artist who has been silent to this point)

"All I want is a descent pair of pants"

delay of game penalty 15 minutes of unfettered laughing :rofl:

Pants in descent generaly won't get by the Comics Code. Is this a "amture Readers" level game?

From Sunday's 7th Sea game...

The Castillian in our group (who has been giving the Montaigne no end of grief) is leading a group of Montaigne toward the city walls (which have just been blasted by cannon fire) to try and rescue those who are trapped.

"Come on, put your backs into it!" he urges them, and then, to lead by example, rolls his Brawn check to lift a rock.

And rolls a 4. This is bad. Really, really bad. The entire game screeches to a halt as the players fall over from hysterical laughter.

This led to a volley of good-natured insults being thrown at the player, ranging from:

"Okay, now someone put the papier-mache rock back so Inigo can lift it."

to

"No wonder you have the Whirl skill, it's the only way you can actually lift a sword! By using centrifugal force!"

and

"I can see it now - the Montaigne all probably have the "WTF" look on their face... or however you say WTF in French."

Another good one came from the Highlander and one of the Vodacce stopping a group of infiltrators from firing the cannons again by taking the commander hostage.

Montaigne soldier (not realizing that the commander is a spy): "Why should we take your word over his?"

Vera (who has the commander at gunpoint): "Because if you don't, most of his head will be all over you."

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

from my jedi one-shot (which was also designed to teach HERO to people)

they came in the back way using lightsabers, and then fought "the boss" (a pair of destroyer droids) and went backwards through my encounters. Finally they get to 8 battle droids.

Me: "just as you are fleeing the control center 8 battle droids appear in the hallway and yell 'halt!'"

Tom: "do we have to fight them?"

Me: "Yes it's good practice, this time we'll track endurance"

8 segments later, all the battle droids are in a heap.

Tom: "What did we learn?

Me: "that sinking your points in 'life support' and 'takes no stun' doesn't help against lightsabers"

From Fantasy Hero

"Lets just level a small village, and then we'll play it by ear."

Get-rich-quick scheme #1

"Okay, so we'll teleport to another part of the world, kill a crocodile, cut off it's head, come back, present it to the king, tell him it's a dragon, and collect the reward money."

Get-rich-quick scheme #2

"As long as we're assassinating a public official, lets do it openly. That way we can get a price put on our heads, and as people come to collect it, we can keep killing them and taking their stuff. If we get tired of that, we can transform the corpses to look like us, and turn ourselves in"

The rest of the party didn't like these plans.

From Star Hero

"The doctor said I have a special power called 'brain damage' that keeps psychics from hurting me."

These last two were mostly funny because the character is 100 year old dragon

"I've been rollin' with my homies"

"Hey chica, you want to go steppin'?"

From Fantasy Hero

"Lets just level a small village, and then we'll play it by ear."

Get-rich-quick scheme #1

"Okay, so we'll teleport to another part of the world, kill a crocodile, cut off it's head, come back, present it to the king, tell him it's a dragon, and collect the reward money."

Get-rich-quick scheme #2

"As long as we're assassinating a public official, lets do it openly. That way we can get a price put on our heads, and as people come to collect it, we can keep killing them and taking their stuff. If we get tired of that, we can transform the corpses to look like us, and turn ourselves in"

The rest of the party didn't like these plans.

From Star Hero

"The doctor said I have a special power called 'brain damage' that keeps psychics from hurting me."

These last two were mostly funny because the character is 100 year old dragon

"I've been rollin' with my homies"

"Hey chica, you want to go steppin'?"

zod, you forgot...

: Can i use TK through the force bubble?

GM: yes

: ok i put up a force bubble

GM: the ghost telekentically grabs you and slams you into the force bubble.

From my UNITY 2010 (Champs) game: Penny Dreadful is a psychotic villainess who has falling desperately in love (much to his chagrin) with the straight-laced do-gooder, Straight Arrow.

Penny Dreadful: We'll make a great crime-fighting duo, just like Bonny and Clyde!

Straight Arrow: Bonnie and Clyde weren’t crime fighters, they were bank robbers.

Penny Dreadful: Hey, what a great idea! Let’s do that instead!

:lol:

Bill.

From our Shadowrun campaign, setting is the Chicago Containment Zone during Bug City. The area where the characters have been staying has been harrassed lately by vampires and ghouls. Tracking them they find an abandoned bar that at least some of the ghouls have been using as a den.

When making a sweep of the gound floor the encounter the restrooms. The description is that it appears some of the ghouls with limited mentallity still use the facilities as they did before they where infected, but many seem to have forgotten such subtleties as flushing, aiming, etc.

GM (me): "These bathrooms are in pretty nasty condition, the stench is beyond belief."

player1: "Ghoul diarrhea?"

player2: "I guess someone ate Mexican..."