Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

More quotes from teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign: The Chronicles of Foxton. I was lax for a few sessions and didn't get many quotes, but now I'm trying to do better. :)

The PCs:

Lady Isobelle Hawthorne: Noblewoman and duelist from neighboring Shelinsibeau appointed Captain of the Baron's Guard. Takes her responsibilities very seriously. (Played by ghost-angel)

Lieutenant Niahm O'Derry: Professional warrior, medic, and officer serving in the Epotic Corps of the Demorian Draconians - the elite police force of the kingdom. (Played by BunnySue)

Damien Wrathchild: Blademaster and expert procurer of information serving the Baron of Foxton. Outwardly charming but hides a cunning, ruthless streak. (Played by our friend Matt)

Quion Rake: Taciturn and emotionless (by choice) alchemist serving as records clerk to the Baron. Tortured by guilt over a perceived crime from the past. (Played by QuerySphinx)

Wythri Majaera: Young Elf exiled from her homeland of Pasion and working as an apprentice sage in Foxton. Slightly mad due to the influence of her Wild Magik. (Played by Lonewalker)

Wallace Gunn: Humble and simple druid and woodsman hired on as the Baron's Forester. Slow-witted and uneducated but dedicated to his duty. (Played by our friend Ron)

Bri Leith: Boisterous and rough-and-tumble taleweaver from the realm of Kalon across the southern bay. Takes the same fervor to both the battlefield and the bedroom. (Played by StormK)

---

Talking to Wythri about the differences between Quion's magic and the Wild Mage's...

Hawthorne: His magic defies the laws of physics. Your magic makes fun of the laws of physics.

Regarding Quion's mood swings - such as they are...

Hawthorne: He doesn't have valleys and peaks....he has valleys and troughs.

Hawthorne and Niahm are taking a pilgrimage to Crow's Head Mountain when they hear - not for the first time - the sound of wolves nearby...

Hawthorne: Nature doesn't hate you for any reason you're aware, does it?

Along their pilgrimage, the two women face many rough trails and steep climbs...

Niahm: It could be worse.

Hawthorne: True. We could be talking with Quion.

Meanwhile, the rest of the party is investigating the murder site of several pilgrims. Damien finds the likely ambush spot and is spotted aiming a crossbow at another group of travelers on the road...

Damien: What? I'm reconstructing the crime scene!

The party has forcibly called on the assistance of a former bandit named Richard, but a few players keep mis-remembering his name...

Wythri: You're a bad guy that we've recruited. You're now a Pete. It's like a title.

Resting in and searching around one of the bandits' likely campsites, the group hears ambushers emerging from cover around them...

Wythri: You know, it's been days since I was ambushed by somebody.

When asked about her flexibility in battle situations...

Bri: I'm easy in every sense of the word.

Left alone in the center of the camp with bandits closing in, Quion is annoyed when Bri rushes to his side with sword drawn...

Quion: You have made the situation more difficult as I am now compelled to save your life.

When someone makes a remark about Wythri eating the remains of slain Humans...

Hawthorne: She's an Elf. It's not cannibalism.

The ex-bandit Richard is gravely wounded but both Gunn and Niahm fail PS: Surgery rolls to help him...

Hawthorne: "Whoops" is not something you want to hear on your deathbed.

During a discussion on the importance of faith and religious ritual...

Quion: The Gods exist. What else do you need to know?

Gunn: How not to piss them off?

After the bandits are revealed to be werewolves, Damien and Gunn hurry back to Foxton to report to the Baron...

Damien: I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Gunn here has some bad news for you.

---

More from this game - hopefully - after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

And while I'm posting quotes, I'd better get caught up on those from BunnySue's Pulps HERO campaign: Chronicles of the Agency.

---

The Agents:

The Patriot - Mild-mannered Army Captain Tom Jefferson transforms in the star-spangled powerhouse when he shouts the magic words, "By the Dawn's Early Light!" (Played by teh Bunneh)

Rocket Ranger - Aviator and inventor Brett Tucker uses his murdered uncle's advanced rocket pack and weapon gauntlets to protect the innocent. (Played by yours truly)

Clubber - Folk musician Charlie Varens uses his superhuman strength and nigh-invulnerability to defend the common, working man. (Played by our friend Ron)

Havoc - Mysterious Annabelle Leonard gained ghost and luck powers and gave up the thieving life to seek new, more worthwhile challenges. (Played by my wife Kate)

The Mighty Huntress - A blood transfusion gives mousy librarian Elsie Ashby the ability to take on a half-tiger and all-woman feline form. (Also played by teh Bunneh)

Nightwatch - Texas Ranger Jeb Kane utilizes his dark shadow powers to deal with kind of threats even Rangers cannot handle. (Played by QuerySphinx)

Artifact - World-traveling archaeologist Esther Rausch is determined to protect the unknowing public from dangerous magical devices that don't stay lost and uses some of those devices in her quest. (Played by our friend Dawn)

---

On a secret mission in deep Siberia, the Agents discover a strange mineral called Fire Rock that has explosive properties...

Rocket Ranger: We should check its melting point.

Mighty Huntress: I'll be running away now.

Tom Jefferson has finally separated from the group and transformed into his superpowered alter ego. He inadvertently sneaks up on Nightwatch while the Texan is scouting...

Patriot: Hello there! You look like an American!

Nightwatch:

Patriot: I was right!

After a moment, the rest of the Agents catch up and introductions are made...

Nightwatch: You must be the Patriot. I can tell by the stars and spangles.

Rocket Ranger: Patriot, this is our newest teammate Nightwatch. He's very perceptive.

The Agents are aided by Valentina, a lost daughter of the Romanoffs. She advises the group against getting closer to a primitive tribes' camp due to the lack of animal tracks in the area...

Valentina (NPC): If the tigers do not come any closer, it's because they are smart.

Rocket Ranger: Well, we're not. So let's move in.

While Havoc is out scouting, Rocket Ranger, Patriot, and Clubber tell Nightwatch the little they know about her...

Rocket Ranger: Between her invisibility and intangibility powers, we think Havoc may very well be dead. That and she's shown absolutely no interest in three strapping men such as ourselves.

Nightwatch talks about the shadow bird that he can conjures and share senses with...

Nightwatch: I love my bird. It's one of my most useful manifestations.

Rocket Ranger: What if it dies or something?

Nightwatch: Oh, well, then I'll just make a new one.

Rocket Ranger: So...your bird really means nothing to you.

Young Valentina reassures the male Agents' concerns about sending herself, Havoc, and Mighty Huntress as scouts into the enemy camp...

Valentina (NPC): Look at it this way, if you do not send us out scouting where we can get captured, how will you ever have a chance to rescue us?

Discussing future modifications the the Mighty Huntress' power set...

Mighty Huntress (OOC): I'm going to buy my Danger Sense as Usable By Others...manifested as "Bushy Tail."

While the quartet of male Agents wait for the women to return, they are quickly surrounded by Siberian savages with spears. Patriot, wanting more information, suggests letting the primitives take them...

Patriot: No, I didn't say surrender. I said to go with them.

Rocket Ranger: Let me get this straight, you mean we're not going to fight?

Patriot: Well, when you say it like that, it does sound kind of crazy.

During a post-session discussion...

GM: What did you learn?

Patriot (OOC): Don't play cards with a Texan.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): The girls are more effective.

Havoc (OOC): Don't leave the boys unattended.

The captured Agents are soon re-introduced to Colonel Steppenwulf and his cadre of Nazi werewolves. When the inevitable fight breaks out, one of the werewolves bites at Patriot, though does no damage...

Patriot: Let go of my cape!

Two of the local primitives grapple with Rocket Ranger just as he takes to the air, dragging them along...

Rocket Ranger: This is a not a passenger flight!

Nightwatch enters combat, surrounding himself with dark mystical flame...

Nightwatch (OOC): First off, I catch fire.

Patriot(OOC): What? Deliberately?

As Nightwatch, sheathed with midnight fire, is attacked...

Nightwatch (OOC): Oh, sure, attack the flaming black guy.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): I'm not sure I want to post that quote.

Artifact makes her debut, flying over the tents to fire silver bullets at the Nazi werewolves. Rocket Ranger flies over to introduce himself...

Rocket Ranger: I don't believe we've met. I would have remembered a gun-toting woman walking on air.

Following the defeat of the werewolves, the Agents start tracking entrances to Inner Earth and repairing their aircraft. In a couple instances, Artifact or Havoc make much better rolls than Patriot, who is dismayed...

Rocket Ranger: You shouldn't gripe about being showed up by a dame. We all should be pretty much used to it by now.

Discussing the Mighty Huntress' fearful dislike of the Nazi werewolves...

Rocket Ranger: Werewolves - aren't they the natural predator of catgirls?

Mighty Huntress: Those - and tentacled monsters.

During a discussion on what to do with the surviving werewolves...

Rocket Ranger: You want to neuter the werewolves?!

Patriot: They'll live longer. They'll be healthier. And they'll be less aggressive.

As the Agents return to the States, Rocket Ranger has a little trouble paying attention to his flying and is promptly reprimanded by his new co-pilot...

Mighty Huntress: Sky up. Ground down. That was the rule you taught me.

The Agents, having a bit of downtime, decide to see the sights of New York as civilians. Havoc is reluctant at first...

Nightwatch: Don't think of it as going out on the town. Think of it as scoping out targets.

Agent Libby Belle, mission control for the team, calls everyone to a briefing. Nightwatch plays the southern gentleman and scolds Rocket Ranger for not...

Nightwatch: Tip your hat, man.

Rocket Ranger: Helmets are not meant for tipping.

Agent Belle explains that the Germans are in Egypt and reportedly trying to steal a variety of dark magical artifacts. The team is assigned to stop them and recover said artifacts...

Nightwatch: So basically we go steal whatever the Nazis have got.

Rocket Ranger: Now those are the sort of open-ended orders we like!

During the preparations to leave for their new assignment...

Patriot: I'm sure there are petrol stations in Egypt.

Rocket Ranger: Yeah, whenever we think that, we end up in the center of the Earth or something.

Having arrived in Egypt and met with the team's contact, a knowledgeable professor of archaeology, the Agents are ambushed by a group of shadowy men with pistols...

Gunman (NPC): It is nothing personal, Professor.

Rocket Ranger: Oh, gentlemen, it's about to get very, very personal.

Random discussion after the defeat of the ambushers...

Rocket Ranger: We can trust the government of the United States of America.

Patriot (OOC): Oh, right. This is 1930's Pulps - we can say that with a straight face.

During the post-session talk, Clubber complains about the escaped Nazi werewolf prisoners...

Clubber: Nazi werewolves should be belled.

---

No Agency game this coming weekend but I'll post when I have more.

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Left alone in the center of the camp with bandits closing in' date=' Quion is annoyed when Bri rushes to his side with sword drawn...[/i']

Quion: You have made the situation more difficult as I am now compelled to save your life.

---

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

It should also be noted - this is the point in the battle where Quion quaffed an Invisibility Potion and ran in the opposite direction. Sadly, Bri survived anyway.

More quotes from teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign: The Chronicles of Foxton. I was lax for a few sessions and didn't get many quotes, but now I'm trying to do better. :)

The PCs:

Lady Isobelle Hawthorne: Noblewoman and duelist from neighboring Shelinsibeau appointed Captain of the Baron's Guard. Takes her responsibilities very seriously. (Played by ghost-angel)

Lieutenant Niahm O'Derry: Professional warrior, medic, and officer serving in the Epotic Corps of the Demorian Draconians - the elite police force of the kingdom. (Played by BunnySue)

Damien Wrathchild: Blademaster and expert procurer of information serving the Baron of Foxton. Outwardly charming but hides a cunning, ruthless streak. (Played by our friend Matt)

Quion Rake: Taciturn and emotionless (by choice) alchemist serving as records clerk to the Baron. Tortured by guilt over a perceived crime from the past. (Played by QuerySphinx)

Wythri Majaera: Young Elf exiled from her homeland of Pasion and working as an apprentice sage in Foxton. Slightly mad due to the influence of her Wild Magik. (Played by Lonewalker)

Wallace Gunn: Humble and simple druid and woodsman hired on as the Baron's Forester. Slow-witted and uneducated but dedicated to his duty. (Played by our friend Ron)

Bri Leith: Boisterous and rough-and-tumble taleweaver from the realm of Kalon across the southern bay. Takes the same fervor to both the battlefield and the bedroom. (Played by StormK)

---

Talking to Wythri about the differences between Quion's magic and the Wild Mage's...

Hawthorne: His magic defies the laws of physics. Your magic makes fun of the laws of physics.

Regarding Quion's mood swings - such as they are...

Hawthorne: He doesn't have valleys and peaks....he has valleys and troughs.

Hawthorne and Niahm are taking a pilgrimage to Crow's Head Mountain when they hear - not for the first time - the sound of wolves nearby...

Hawthorne: Nature doesn't hate you for any reason you're aware, does it?

Along their pilgrimage, the two women face many rough trails and steep climbs...

Niahm: It could be worse.

Hawthorne: True. We could be talking with Quion.

Meanwhile, the rest of the party is investigating the murder site of several pilgrims. Damien finds the likely ambush spot and is spotted aiming a crossbow at another group of travelers on the road...

Damien: What? I'm reconstructing the crime scene!

The party has forcibly called on the assistance of a former bandit named Richard, but a few players keep mis-remembering his name...

Wythri: You're a bad guy that we've recruited. You're now a Pete. It's like a title.

Resting in and searching around one of the bandits' likely campsites, the group hears ambushers emerging from cover around them...

Wythri: You know, it's been days since I was ambushed by somebody.

When asked about her flexibility in battle situations...

Bri: I'm easy in every sense of the word.

Left alone in the center of the camp with bandits closing in, Quion is annoyed when Bri rushes to his side with sword drawn...

When someone makes a remark about Wythri eating the remains of slain Humans...

Hawthorne: She's an Elf. It's not cannibalism.

The ex-bandit Richard is gravely wounded but both Gunn and Niahm fail PS: Surgery rolls to help him...

Hawthorne: "Whoops" is not something you want to hear on your deathbed.

During a discussion on the importance of faith and religious ritual...

Quion: The Gods exist. What else do you need to know?

Gunn: How not to piss them off?

After the bandits are revealed to be werewolves, Damien and Gunn hurry back to Foxton to report to the Baron...

Damien: I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Gunn here has some bad news for you.

---

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

About Quion's mood swings: are you sure they're not more like the Bonneville Salt

Flats?

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

It was a tactical move. Clearly it worked' date=' because the ambushers promptly ran away.[/quote']

Wythri nailing one of the ambushers in the stomach with a 3d6 RKA Wild Magik Lightning Bolt and dropping him in one shot obviously had nothing to do with their retreat? :stupid:

Oh, wait, I remember your dice rolls that night. Quion probably missed the whole thing. :winkgrin:

Lonewalker

Wythri nailing one of the ambushers in the stomach with a 3d6 RKA Wild Magik Lightning Bolt and dropping him in one shot obviously had nothing to do with their retreat? :stupid:

Yeah, I'm all like, "You did how much damage? 15 BOD? To the stomach? Hm. Let's see... he's got 1 rED, which means he takes 14 points after defenses, subtract that from his 11 Body, aaaaaaaaand... um, I'm not even gonna add up the Stun. He's pretty much out of this fight." :nonp:

Yeah' date=' I'm all like, "You did how much damage? 15 BOD? To the stomach? Hm. Let's see... he's got 1 rED, which means he takes 14 points after defenses, subtract that from his 11 Body, aaaaaaaaand... um, I'm not even gonna add up the Stun. He's pretty much out of this fight." :nonp:[/quote']

Did you do 3 body to whatever was behind the guy?

Teen Champions night. Our PCs ...

Chance (Luck Powers)

Dynamo (Electrical Powers)

Golem (Stone Powers)

Arsenal (Nanite Shapechanger)

against Generation VIPER.

To open the battle, Dogfight does a moveby on Arsenal, and while at a DCV penalty from such, Dynamo lightning-bolts him from behind. We refer to this as him being shot in the ass, though it was never officially stated.

"You know what really burns my butt?" *points at Dynamo* "Him."

Later, Dogfight retreats when the fight turns against them.

Arsenal: "Wow, he just lit out of here like his ass was on fire -- Sorry."

Arsenal, after rolling a 4.5d6 NND which resulted in a mighty SIX damage, following an almost-as-lackluster punch attack (something like 18 stun on 9 dice)

"Fifty zillion nanites and they all go on the fritz at the same time?!"

Golem has opted to pick up Turnabout's 'get her out of VIPER' subplot, springing it on the rest of us by surprise and, as near as we can tell, getting us all in over our heads.

Arsenal: "Okay ... your heart's in the right place. I'm not going to comment where I think your head is, but your heart's in the right place."

Golem: "My head's right where I always keep it." (beat) "I didn't help my case with that, did I?"

November 13th was National Game Day and the library put on a day of games in conjunction with the group I belong to: Border Board Games. But that wasn't enough for us hardcore gamers so we got together later that day to play more games. There were six of us, however, and most of the games were only up to five players. So I volunteered to go play Bang! by myself, which brought out this exchange with the new guy who didn't know about my blood feud with one of the other players.

Me: I'll go play Bang! by myself and pretend to kill Homer.

New Guy: Why would you pretend to kill Homer?

Me: Well I'm not going to kill him in real life. He's my ride home.

Playing Shadow Run one night (hate the combat system), the players were stymied in a hopeless investigation. So they all decided to meet with their contacts.

Player:OK, you guys meet with your contacts, and I'll try to squeeze some information out of Mr Johnson.

In a DnD game, the same player turned to his companion playing an uber fighter named Circum.

Player: I'm having a hard time visualizing your character. How tall is he? Is he broad shouldered? Does he have to shop at a big and tall men's store?

Just what is Circum's size?

I apologize in advance, but what can you do about undead puns, they keep getting back up. Yes, I was responsible for the last undead-related thread derailment, why do you ask?

---

GM tells us about the monsters in front of us.

Lord Tars OOC: so what you're telling us is that there's a dwarf and seven wights?

---

GM: They going to be on her like wight on rice in a moment.

---

And these are just a sampling from that pun-filled evening. Really, is there any monster, creature or NPC more pun-able than the wight?

I apologize in advance, but what can you do about undead puns, they keep getting back up. Yes, I was responsible for the last undead-related thread derailment, why do you ask?

*Snip*

And these are just a sampling from that pun-filled evening. Really, is there any monster, creature or NPC more pun-able than the wight?

There wight be.