Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

*sighs* They just did. And even in that avatar a failed Sanity check would have cost them d100 SAN. Did it faze them in the slightest? No. Apart from Rondale's habit of rubbing himself against machine guns' date=' and even that didn't last. The party is no longer 'The Travelling Library' anymore, they're the bloody Untouchables.[/quote']

Perhaps you should just go with the flow and let them run rampant until the time is right to introduce something that's immune to bullets.

I'd say immune to McGinty... but that may not be cosmically possible.

*sighs* They just did. And even in that avatar a failed Sanity check would have cost them d100 SAN. Did it faze them in the slightest? No. Apart from Rondale's habit of rubbing himself against machine guns' date=' and even that didn't last. The party is no longer 'The Travelling Library' anymore, they're the bloody Untouchables.[/quote']

Then they need challenges guns and magic cannot solve... once long out-of touch relatives crawling out of the woodwork to get a piece of their fame and glory... reporters who won't leave them alone, hoping to get the next big scoop... tax assessors... politicians... being framed for crimes they did not commit... there are many possibilities.

Perhaps you should just go with the flow and let them run rampant until the time is right to introduce something that's immune to bullets.

*bursts into tears* The critter in this one WAS. That's one of the reasons I ran this particular adventure!

Help them succeed then. =-D Give them more knowledge.

And with more Mythos lore, their maximum sanity keeps going down and down...

Help them succeed then. =-D Give them more knowledge.

And with more Mythos lore, their maximum sanity keeps going down and down...

Yes, I suspect I'm going to have to give them months of downtime anyway - that should give them the time they need to go through all the books they've 'acquired' and learn what they can. Although McGinty does horde them a bit jealously, and there's a limit to how fast Lancaster's Brain can work through the ones in Latin, etc. I've prepared handouts with excerpts of the books in question, and I'm pleased to say that the PCs are already getting conflicting information even at this early stage.

*waits eagerly for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion to come out, so I can through them into a campaign that's already some three times larger and deadlier than the original boxed set*

*bursts into tears* The critter in this one WAS. That's one of the reasons I ran this particular adventure!

Reminds me of the first time I played in a CoC game. Our PC group was checking out

this old house and had split up (monumentally BAD idea), and guess who was lucky

enough to find the transformed schmuck? Yep, yours truly got to run into a Thing

That Man Was Not Meant To Know. Fortunately, my character was one of the better-

armed characters in the party (he had a .45 auto and a double-barreled 12-gauge

shotgun), and knew how to use his weapons. When the Thing started coming toward

him, my character promptly opened up with everything he had, and hit with every

shot (not that it was doing much good at the time). Just as he was running out of

ammo, the other party members that were armed arrived and joined in, finally putting

the Thing down for good.

When the police showed up and began questioning the group as to what happened,

my character's (understandably shaky) response was something along these lines:

"That psycho started coming at me, so I opened up on him with everything I had --

a full clip from the .45, both barrels of the shotgun -- and that son of a ***** just

kept right on coming."

Major Tom 2009 :shock:

Today, Freedom Strike had a recruiting drive. Eiko is in semi-retirement and the team needs some new blood. Eiko is not present, but has left Gummy Eiko on the desk to make programmed sarcastic comments.

Captain Unity: Let's discuss our weaknesses. We all know what we can do. Let's talk about our weaknesses.

Inertia: If it's got a gravity generator, I can do anything with it.

Gummy Eiko: Don't talk about my boobs that way.

-------------------------------------------------------

Captain Unity: So we need mentalism and speed.

Inertia: Give us a drugged out mentalist and we're good!

--------------------------------------------------------

During the recruitment drive, each team member is asked for a comment. Ember doesn't have a comment, she's the reporter. Inertia chose not to comment.

Captain Unity: We're just asking for new members to replace the ones we lost, and we're hoping to find a good fit.

Romula (Wolf turned human girl): Arf

Later:

Romula: Ember, you misquoted me!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, close to the end of the evening, the villain Bodito Boditay has created a villain named Replikar who has all their powers.

Replikar: Where is Eiko Takashima? I long to possess her intelligence.

Inertia: I'm sorry. You're going to have to be as dumb as the rest of us.

Of course' date=' what you do with an entity that takes on other's powers is find someone whos superpower is to be a normal human.[/quote']

Which (for me, anyhow) raises the big big question of what happens when an entity whose power is to take on other supers' powers does so to a being with the same kind of power.

Of course' date=' what you do with an entity that takes on other's powers is find someone whos superpower is to be a normal human.[/quote']

Sadly, he was built by a villain who stole their DNA. That won't happen. Obviously, I can't post how to get rid of Replikar here. There are people from my game who read these boards.

Which (for me' date=' anyhow) raises the big big question of what happens when an entity whose power is to take on other supers' powers does so to a being with the same kind of power.[/quote']

Simple: They both gain the power to take on other powers, according to how the other person does it.

Player: I rolled an 11 to hit!

GM: Okay..no problem. You hit.

Player: I hit an 8 DCV but I missed a 9DCV.

GM: Okay...you missed.

(I get this a lot as a GM. I tell them they hit and then they tell me what DCV they hit even though I just told them they hit!)

We're play-testing material for a new edition of Thousand Suns.

Cast:

The crew of the Iron Mike Tyson (jump tug property of Rinky Dink Cargo Haulers, Inc.)

Captain Douglas Reginald Archibald Grant

Count Akira den Ulrike

Esther Okavango

Jenni Phan

Akira makes a roll: "I got 6 Degrees of failure."

Jenni wins at gambling: "It's a good thing cyberarms don't get repetitive stress injuries from raking in all of these pots."

GM: "5P4-E (a.k.a. 'Sparky') tugs on Jenni's sleeve."

Jenni (OOC): "What? Akira fell down the well?"

Esther is less than enthused about getting off of the ship: "This is an order... isn't it Captain?"

GM: "His name is John... John... Big-Booty."

Akira (OOC): "BigbooTAY!"

Captain Douglas: "We need to collect payment from Mister Big-Buttocks before he dies."

Jenni (OOC) questions Captain Douglas's qualifications: "How many combat drops is that for you, Captain?"

The Commander: Just don't loose any of your equipment. Too much paperwork.

Kalain: Does she (points at fellow pc) count as equipment?

The Commander: No... she's personnel.

Kalain: Is it more paperwork if we lose personnel?

The Commander: Of course - normally personnel are carrying equipment.