Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

You know... I do believe that Growler just might be the indirect ancestor of the

dog from the K-9 films.

They do seem to share similar predispositions toward certain acts...

Perhaps he's part Honey Badger? He hasn't bitten any off yet, anyway. It's the mere threat that earns McGinty the best results.

Almost forgot; it's been aeons since I put up any quotes for the New Champions game GM'd by BigDamnHero. I'll go find out quotes and post them at some point, but for now. There's this:

Dr. Destroyer is no an old man in this campaign, and is "dating" a shape-shifting brick, who is currently teamed up with Inertia trying to save the world from a Zero Point Energy Source gone wrong.

GM: Make a PER Roll

Inertia: I made it, it's almost more climactic if I don't...

GM: No, it's better if you do in this case.

Inertia: What, is she sexting Dr. Destroyer?

GM+Rest Of Table: ...... We can never unthink that. Thanks.

GM: Well, now it's going to be an anti-climactic reveal.

A few more quotes from BunnySue's Chronicles of the Agency (Pulps Champions) campaign.

-----

The Agents:

The Patriot - Mild-mannered Army Captain Tom Jefferson transforms in the star-spangled powerhouse when he shouts the magic words, "By the Dawn's Early Light!"

Rocket Ranger - Aviator and inventor Brett Tucker uses his murdered uncle's advanced rocket pack and weapon gauntlets to protect the innocent.

Clubber - Folk musician Charlie Varens uses his superhuman strength and nigh-invulnerability to defend the common, working man.

Havoc - Mysterious Annabelle Leonard gained ghost and luck powers and gave up the thieving life to seek new, more worthwhile challenges.

The Mighty Huntress - A blood transfusion gives mousy librarian Elsie Ashby the ability to take on a half-tiger and all-woman feline form.

Nightwatch - Texas Ranger Jeb Kane utilizes his dark shadow powers to deal with kind of threats even Rangers cannot handle.

Artifact - World-traveling archaeologist Esther Rausch is determined to protect the unknowing public from dangerous magical devices that don't stay lost and uses some of those devices in her quest.

-----

Backtracking through the Egyptian tomb, it is suggested that Havoc use her ghost powers to trigger a hallway trap harmlessly...

Mighty Huntress: But I want to set off the traps! :(

Rocket Ranger: You set off the last one. Give everyone else a turn.

Examining a nasty wall trap involving giant crushing stone wheels, Clubber wonders if the local guides the Agents are looking for came this way...

Clubber (OOC to GM): Are the wheels gummed up with anything native-guide-like?

Random comment during a battle with mummified animals...

Patriot: You can't negotiate with hippos!

During that same battle, Patriot is attacking by a herd of mummified felines...

Patriot: I can't hit a cat! It's un-American!

Clubber: Sure, you can...though it if were a dog, that would be another story...

More Patriot battle cries...

Patriot: Taste star-spangled justice, you horrible undead horror!

During the fight against the mummified beasts, the Agents' can't seem to roll well enough to hit and damage properly...

Rocket Ranger: C'mon, guys, just pretend that they're dinosaurs!

Typical Clubber style...

Clubber: Well, you know what the best thing to hit a hippo with is? :eg:

Later, the Agents must cross through a wall of flame, knowing that only the "pure of heart" may pass through without being incinerated. Nightwatch makes a comment about the Agents' chances...

Nightwatch: I don't know if pure of heart is the same as empty of brain.

Patriot is not one to balk from such a challenge though...

Patriot: I'll go first. I'm pure of heart! I'm true-blue American!

GM: Make an EGO roll.

Patriot: :fear: I'll use my Luck! :whistle:

GM: "Lucky" for you, you're very pure of heart at that moment.

Rocket Ranger is next to go through the flames, though at the time the Mighty Huntress has been fussing over him since he was wounded in the last fight...

Nightwatch: How are you supposed to be pure of heart with five foot eight of slinky catgirl draped on you?

Rocket Ranger (OOC): I rolled a five! :bounce:

Havoc: If I were the Mighty Huntress, I'd be insulted. :tsk:

In the next chamber - full of treasures - the Mighty Huntress tries to figure out how the Nazi ally escaped...

Mighty Huntress: I don't know what Teleportation smells like.

Repeated several times to many Agents during the evening...

Artifact: What did you touch? :mad:

Post-session, after the Agents have discovered that the Egyptian traitor and ally of the Nazis was the same woman who met them at the tomb and helped them inside...

GM: What did you learn?

All: Don't trust anyone!!

-----

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Fortunately she made the roll' date=' and had the common sense not to flirt with Zeus. Those relationships never end well...[/quote']

"Don't stand too close"...."I just sent a text, breaking up with Zeus"..."He Might not take it well"

Alas I don't have a Champions/hero Group at the moment. I'm going to try to start one soon. Recently for me it's been D&D at a recent con and open sessions at a local store or home.

Desidario Nikola Cassini, a very socialable drow storm sorcerer who because of his birth defect (light skin) suffered through an early childhood where everyone else was encouraged to kill him. After the collapse ofT the Underdark (the Underground Drow Elf Empire...kind of like the Great Underground Empire, but more cheese) he went to the surface to find that that the people there were just as kind, friendly and open-minded as his brethren from below. The remnants of his family were promptly captured and enslaved by the humans of a coastal city.

Nik's parents suffered at the hands of their human slavemasters. His father was sent to die as a slave in the gladitorial arena and his mother due to her exotic looks died a slow death at a brothel. After several attempts as using Nik as a brothel worker failed due to the sudden heart attacks of several clients he was also sent to die in the arenas...but the young elf decided a change of scenery was in order and became a wandering spell-slinger for hire. Of course his time growing up in a brothel did make him a bit saucy at times.

Issyk-Kol is a very civilized, urbane, polite, and utterly ruthless mercenary cousin...who is also a sniper rogue (assassin). His experience with the collapse was not quite as harsh as he found it provided great opportunity. Seems the surfacers pay just as well, if not better for his services as an assassin.

Some of his usual companions:

Elisanada: Elven Bow Ranger. She's a bit cold and hates drow.

Lyr: Elven Priest (changes dieties all the time)

Bodin: Dwarven Fighter (cliche drinks a lot, axe and shield)

Paithan: Eladrin (another elf race) Swordmage

Gunther: Human Shaman

In Nik's encounters with various adventurers:

In a game session where no one wanted to be the speaker for the party:

Me: Wait, are you guys telling me I'm the face (i.e. going to make all the social skills)? I hear my kind isn't very popular with the locals.

Tiefling Bard in party (forget her name, now she decided to speak up): Never trust a Drow, you should always trust me instead....

Me: Says the half-demon...

Elisanada (nearing the end of a fight): You're nothing but a bloodthirsty Drow, you're not an elf!

Me: (knocking a bandit out): Oh I'm sorry is that because I'm taking prisoners?

Lyr (High Elf Cleric) (OOC): So I heard you retrained when you levelled, what did you take?

Me: Nik was always proud of his two-fisted expertise with dual wielding handheld implements, but I decided a change was in order so he went and took Staff Expertise. I mean look, it gives him +1 melee reach. So when he is in hand to hand and needs that little extra distance when wielding his staff.

Lyr: ...

Elisanada: (long rant about evil Drow raiding, pillaging, etc...)

Issyk: You know I'm really sorry that you or your family and friends suffered from those horrid raids and massacres when you were a child. But really I mean to my family that was probably just another Tuesday...or was it a Wednesday? Get over it.

Party Paladin (name I forget atm): Ouch I'm pretty hurt, I use Lay on Hands and Touch Myself.

Me: That's fine I touch my staff all the time too...did I mention I have extra reach? You look into retraining into that expertise feat as well.

DM (as NPC who is looking to hire adventurers): So what do you do?

Elisanada: I am a bow Ranger.

Bodin: I am an axe and board Warrior.

Lyr: I am a Priest.

Paithan: Swordmage.

Gunder: Shaman

Issyk: Troubleshooter.

DM: What class is that?

Issyk: I see trouble, I shoot it.

Hopefully our Cthulhutech and Champions games will get off the ground soon.

DM (as NPC who is looking to hire adventurers): So what do you do?

Elisanada: I am a bow Ranger.

Bodin: I am an axe and board Warrior.

Lyr: I am a Priest.

Paithan: Swordmage.

Gunder: Shaman

Issyk: Troubleshooter.

DM: What class is that?

Issyk: I see trouble, I shoot it.

Hopefully our Cthulhutech and Champions games will get off the ground soon.

Psst... Issyk? I hear Alpha Complex is hiring!

One of my Drow character ideas is a 3.5 character who came to the surface, not because he was all that reformed, but because any subordinates he picked up would be less likely to backstab him and, if they did try, would be less adept at it.

Plus, "Most Drow are morons who couldn't recognize long-term and mutual advantage if it didn't rip their heart out."

He's Lawful Neutral, Power-Hungry Version.

One of my Drow character ideas is a 3.5 character who came to the surface, not because he was all that reformed, but because any subordinates he picked up would be less likely to backstab him and, if they did try, would be less adept at it.

Plus, "Most Drow are morons who couldn't recognize long-term and mutual advantage if it didn't rip their heart out."

He's Lawful Neutral, Power-Hungry Version.

I just made a Drow evoker. Unaligned and outcast. . . but it's more like she just left in disgust to get away from the backstabbing and general "chaotic-stupid" behaviour.

In my annual Christmas Eve game, Lorenzo Vitale-Seveigny (The villain of King of the Mountain) has kidnapped Santa and Mrs. Claus to bring about Fimbulwinter with the help of his Frost Giant ally.

Kat'Kirra: So you're a mythological creature?

Fyrhamar: Yes.

Kat'Kirra: Are you any different from him? (Pointing to Mesa)

Fyrhamar: We are not the same. What, do you think all of us belong to the same union or something?

Vexx: Actually, yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Calendar Girl: So, here's how we're going to do this. Mesa, you're going to beat the drum, since you're the only guy. Three of us will have to dress up as wise men, and someone will have to be the Virgin Mary. Is anyone here a virgin? Anyone?

Vexx: Uhm...

Calendar Girl: I guess you're going to be wearing white, then. Someone get me some Frankincense and Myrrh. And we need some gold. (Wiggles her fingers and changes people's costumes.)

Mesa (To Fyrhamar): Can you get the Goldshlager out from under the bar?

Fyrhamar: I'll bring an extra bottle!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Supervillain game, primarily back and forth whackiness between the players

"Here's a villain concept: Schrodinger's Catgirl. They have the complication of Watched: Erwin Schrodinger (Maybe)"

"Let's say you needed some U-238 in a hurry..."

"Bottom of the Segment, bases are loaded"

"One advantage of having a high DCV is that you can clean the kitchen"

"In Soviet Lemuria, Shark jumps you!"

"Don't you know? Great White Sharks can't jump"

And then this little gem from the Champions game:

The team are presented with their three support staff: Hunky male secutary, plucky young female lawyer and PRIMUS liason

Skadi: Which one of them do you think is most likely to have super powers?

Portal Kombat: Probably the secutary, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the lawyer.

Skadi: On the other hand, she's a plucky young female lawyer; she can't lose a case. Its like a super power all of its own.

Started a third campaign, with the same GM as the D&D, and two of the players from the Cthulhu. It's a Dark Heresy game, the Warhammer 40K universe. It's also a prime example of why you don't let your players come up with the background.

Based on a few random rolls for inspiration, the PCs homeworld was an icy lifeless desert, with a few arcologies clustered around the polar icecaps. It's also a Shrineworld, dedicated to the worship of one of the Heroes of the Imperium. What did this hero do? *rolls some more* Drove off the Eldar.

Aaaand this was when Murray started getting his migraine. Because on the basis of these rolls, the saint is clearly St Nikolas, who thousands of years ago drove the vile elves from the North Pole and lead Humanity to it's triumph on this icy world Kringle. And on behalf of the Emperor on Holy Terra, St Nikolas watches everything we do. If you're on the Good list you get lumps of coal. It's a very cold planet, after all. If you're on the Bad list you get frag grenades, sans pins. Among the holy relics of the saint are a pair of Lightning Claws. You probably don't want to know what we came up with for ceremonial regalia or the fighting songs of the planet's Imperial Guard regiments.

Anyway, most of this is background because the planet in question was recently annexed by the Tau Empire, and the population sent to reeducation camps before transferal to resettlement townships on a world deep inside Tau territory. The three PCs are among the POWs - one army tech, by the name of Rosenkrantz. One lobotomised commissar/preacher by the name of Guildenstern. And at this point I decided why fight it, and named my own noble-born cleric Polonius.

The lobotomised preacher is being played by my brother Ian, elsewhere known as Suna, or as Mandible, or as Paddy McGinty. This is all the warning you should require.

Brother Guildenstern : Onward, Men of Kringle! Remember the sacred example of Saint Nikolas as he led the fight against the wicked Xenos scum! Onward! Never surrender! Never falter! The eye of the Emperor is upon you, through his vessel Saint Nikolas!

Brother Polonius : *sighs* And the sad thing is he's saying all this to a flock of chickens.

Brother Polonius : We have to wonder just how much of his brain they removed. I'm picturing a tiny little alien sitting in his skull, operating a joystick.

Brother Polonius OOC : You don't have to be a flagellant, Brother Guildenstern. You punish the rest of us enough, just by existing.

Brother Polonius : Now now, Brother Guildenstern, we've been through this before. Of course the Emperor and Saint Nikolas talk to you through the skull of your predecessor. But what do we do first? We check your hand, remember? See everything we wrote down? Yes, I know number 2 is 'Kill All Xenos' but we don't have to do that right now.

Started a third campaign' date=' with the same GM as the D&D, and two of the players from the Cthulhu. It's a [i']Dark Heresy[/i] game, the Warhammer 40K universe. It's also a prime example of why you don't let your players come up with the background.

Based on a few random rolls for inspiration, the PCs homeworld was an icy lifeless desert, with a few arcologies clustered around the polar icecaps. It's also a Shrineworld, dedicated to the worship of one of the Heroes of the Imperium. What did this hero do? *rolls some more* Drove off the Eldar.

Aaaand this was when Murray started getting his migraine. Because on the basis of these rolls, the saint is clearly St Nikolas, who thousands of years ago drove the vile elves from the North Pole and lead Humanity to it's triumph on this icy world Kringle. And on behalf of the Emperor on Holy Terra, St Nikolas watches everything we do. If you're on the Good list you get lumps of coal. It's a very cold planet, after all. If you're on the Bad list you get frag grenades, sans pins. Among the holy relics of the saint are a pair of Lightning Claws. You probably don't want to know what we came up with for ceremonial regalia or the fighting songs of the planet's Imperial Guard regiments.

Anyway, most of this is background because the planet in question was recently annexed by the Tau Empire, and the population sent to reeducation camps before transferal to resettlement townships on a world deep inside Tau territory. The three PCs are among the POWs - one army tech, by the name of Rosenkrantz. One lobotomised commissar/preacher by the name of Guildenstern. And at this point I decided why fight it, and named my own noble-born cleric Polonius.

The lobotomised preacher is being played by my brother Ian, elsewhere known as Suna, or as Mandible, or as Paddy McGinty. This is all the warning you should require.

Brother Guildenstern : Onward, Men of Kringle! Remember the sacred example of Saint Nikolas as he led the fight against the wicked Xenos scum! Onward! Never surrender! Never falter! The eye of the Emperor is upon you, through his vessel Saint Nikolas!

Brother Polonius : *sighs* And the sad thing is he's saying all this to a flock of chickens.

Brother Polonius : We have to wonder just how much of his brain they removed. I'm picturing a tiny little alien sitting in his skull, operating a joystick.

Brother Polonius OOC : You don't have to be a flagellant, Brother Guildenstern. You punish the rest of us enough, just by existing.

Brother Polonius : Now now, Brother Guildenstern, we've been through this before. Of course the Emperor and Saint Nikolas talk to you through the skull of your predecessor. But what do we do first? We check your hand, remember? See everything we wrote down? Yes, I know number 2 is 'Kill All Xenos' but we don't have to do that right now.

S-o-o-o. Business as usual, then. ;)

Brother Polonius : Now now' date=' Brother Guildenstern, we've been through this before. Of [i']course [/i]the Emperor and Saint Nikolas talk to you through the skull of your predecessor. But what do we do first? We check your hand, remember? See everything we wrote down? Yes, I know number 2 is 'Kill All Xenos' but we don't have to do that right now.

Given that it's the Warhammer universe, not impossible.