Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Go ahead and try. My point-defense system needs testing anyway, and what

better way than a full-up test against a pitchfork-and-torch-waving mob?

:eg:

He obviously hasn't seen the catapult and Trojan Rabbit... or the Vorpal Bunny, for that matter.

... Or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Actually, I do know about that one. And while I haven't seen any of the Monty

Python movies, I have seen some of the MPFC shows on PBS when they've

been on in the past -- so I'm not a total heretic here where Monty Python is

concerned.

Major Tom 2009 :P

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: So, how long until you get a colleague's brain transplanted into your chest?

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
: Nah, I'm going to install the X-I unit instead.

GM
: gah... wah... *
whimper

Jak Frost
OOC
: Congratulations, you've broken the GM

GM
: The scariest thing is that he could actually do it D:

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu OOC
: I know >
:D

GM
: So with those bonuses, a competent starship crew, under normal conditions, will only fly into planets half the time.

Introducing a new character, sanctioned psyker Xanthis Raythion, en route to the Heathen Worlds in hope of finding a force weapon of his very own. There are some questions as to why he's travelling alone, without a chaperone to blow his brains out if loses control of his powers, but he has the money for the trip - suspicious in itself.

Jak and a squad of stormtroopers are clearing out corridors in the wrecked freighter Whyteman's Burden, when they are swarmed by a mob of leftover Orks, many of them on fire. That's because they're fleeing from Xanthis, who is pursuing them with enough lightning flying from his hands to make Emperor Palpatine feel inadequate. His psychic abilities make him formidable in hand-to-hand, too.

GM
: The Ork is looking a bit startled.

Jak OOC
: Well, yes - I would be too if I'd just had my leg punched up through my shoulder!

Xanthis buys passage aboard the Rose Tattoo, despite the Lord-Captain's reservations. At least the psyker has previous experience making Orks die, something that the captain can appreciate. He even shows Xanthis the trophy room, with row after row of stuffed Ork heads.

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: Pity that Kaptin's head got away. I would have enjoyed interrogating it for information.

GM
: Well, you've still got the body - you can always skin that for another coat. Or Ork leather place-mats?

Jak
: Yeah, and how did that Ork head manage to keep talking anyway?

GM
: *
shrugs
* That's Orks for you - a sufficiently tough Ork can ignore little things like poison, radiation, breathing, or the laws of reality.

The crew enjoy a solemn victory mass in the Rose Tattoo's temple, complete with swinging censers and overly long sermons, before most of them retire to the lower decks to enjoy fermented rat, dancing on tables, and trolley races in the corridors.

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: Don't mind me, I'll be in my cabin, softly crying.

Jak Frost OOC
: 'Ork-skin blankey, you're the only one that understands me...'

Perhaps the string of rotten luck that has plagued the ship is finally over?

Yeah, right.

GM
: You're a few days into the final leg to Lucin's Breath when the latest in your endless stream of disasters occurs.

Jak Frost OOC
: Let me guess, the Navigator has just burst into flame

GM
: Funny you should say that...

The ship's chief medicæ has come to you - he wants to tell you some very bad news.

Jak Frost
: Oh god, another disaster???

Navigator
: .... why are you all looking at me?

Medicæ
: I'm afraid I've had 12 confirmed cases of Munn's Pandemic Fever turn up.

Lord-Captain von Baroque
: Pandemic??? How bad is it?

Medicæ
: We're not sure yet - we'll have to wait and see how many of the crew spontaneously combust.

All
:
:jawdrop:

Jak
: ... wait, a disaster the Navigator didn't cause? I'm amazed.

GM
: And what will you be doing, now the quarantine is in force?

Xanthis
: Barricading myself in my cabin and shooting anybody that comes near. But don't worry, I'll fire a warning shot first.

The lethality of the Ignicoccus infection depends entirely on which strain it is - something beyond the Medicæ's ability to determine. It looks like the Rose Tattoo will be in quarantine for at least a month, until the pandemic has run its course. Of course, the disease had figured without Casu Marzu, to whom hellishly difficult problems are mere child's play. He swiftly determines that the strain is one of the merely dangerous ones, rather than conflagrational.

GM
: So, not satisfied with humiliating the Navigator, you humiliate the medics too?

Van Baroque's player
: What was the holiday in the Star Wars Special?

Jak's player
: Life Day. F*** Life Day
:mad:

Thus they arrive at Lucin's Breath with a hold full of loot salvaged from the Ork pirates - mostly the explosively flammable compound Nephium. This will be useful when they trade for parts to repair the teleportarium, and equipment for the psyker.

GM
: You're lucky it didn't catch fire when you were shooting the place up. Or when Xanthis here was fireballing Orks.

Jak
: And that none of the crew spontaneously combusted when we were shifting it
:angst:

Socializing on one of the Lucin's Breath orbital stations.

Jak Frost
: Do you even drink, Marzu?

GM
: Sure he does - he can always filter out the methanol and run it to his fuel cells, after all. And see, he even has a curly straw mechadendrite
:snicker:

Of course, there is an ambush attempt on Jak, Xanthis and Marzu while they return to the Rose Tattoo, bit needless to say they finish with nary a scratch, after Jak shoots the ears of the bushwhackers, Xanthis blows them apart with psychoelectric potential, and Marzu descends on them like the wrath of the Machine God.

GM
: You're doing almost as much damage with your power fist as Xanthis does with his bare hands.

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
: Oh look, one of my electro-digits has seized up. Guess which one.

The surviving prisoner doesn't prove very interesting to the Lord-Captain, who orders him humanely killed. Marzu interprets this as 'delivered to the Medicæ for organ harvesting'.

GM
: They strap him onto the conveyer belt and after the whirling knives and power scalpels have finished working him over like demonic sewing machines, the leftovers plop into a bucket.

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
:
*picks up bucket*
I'll just run this down to the kitchens

Meanwhile, van Baroque is entertaining Lord-Captain Harlvesk with military anecdotes and questions about the territory ahead.

GM
: It's quite a good meal. The chef even managed to get some actual fresh meat from somewhere.

Jak OOC
: 'Why does this rump roast have a tattoo?'

Quotes from Session 53 - The Wardens are in combat with a spider alien landing craft that crashed next to a high school.

+++++

Amethyst - Brick with minor energy projection abilities

Contego - Gadgeteer with Force Beams and Invisibility gadgets

Eon - Teleporting Energy Blaster in a crystalline shell

Indigo - Mage from another dimension

Stalwart - Red, White and Blue Patriot with abilities from super-serum and martial arts training

Meka - Robotic entity with the ability to grow to 13 ft tall that uses blaster weapons

+++++

Indigo blasts one of the aliens and then comments to Meka, "That's how it's done metal man."

Meka misses another attack on an alien and suffers several hits in return.

"Damn it Meka pull your own weight," chides Eon while blasting a spider alien.

Stalwart lands a couple more kicks downing another spider alien. As it starts to fade away, he yells "Get off my planet, you damn dirty aliens.

"You're going down alien," says Meka as he finally hits an alien then glares at the Wardens around him.

"Good job metal man," praises Indigo.

+++++

The bad guys... the Spider Aliens...

shadows-edit.png

+++++

Meka seeing all the other Wardens moving towards the high school comments, "All the humans run off leaving the robot to face the alien hoard."

Contego standing next to Meka drops his invisibility field and yells "Hey eight-legged freaks, over here."

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: So, how long until you get a colleague's brain transplanted into your chest?

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
: Nah, I'm going to install the X-I unit instead.

GM
: gah... wah... *
whimper

Jak Frost
OOC
: Congratulations, you've broken the GM

GM
: The scariest thing is that he could actually do it D:

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu OOC
: I know >

GM
: So with those bonuses, a competent starship crew, under normal conditions, will only fly into planets half the time.

Introducing a new character, sanctioned psyker Xanthis Raythion, en route to the Heathen Worlds in hope of finding a force weapon of his very own. There are some questions as to why he's travelling alone, without a chaperone to blow his brains out if loses control of his powers, but he has the money for the trip - suspicious in itself.

Jak and a squad of stormtroopers are clearing out corridors in the wrecked freighter Whyteman's Burden, when they are swarmed by a mob of leftover Orks, many of them on fire. That's because they're fleeing from Xanthis, who is pursuing them with enough lightning flying from his hands to make Emperor Palpatine feel inadequate. His psychic abilities make him formidable in hand-to-hand, too.

GM
: The Ork is looking a bit startled.

Jak OOC
: Well, yes - I would be too if I'd just had my leg punched up through my shoulder!

Xanthis buys passage aboard the Rose Tattoo, despite the Lord-Captain's reservations. At least the psyker has previous experience making Orks die, something that the captain can appreciate. He even shows Xanthis the trophy room, with row after row of stuffed Ork heads.

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: Pity that Kaptin's head got away. I would have enjoyed interrogating it for information.

GM
: Well, you've still got the body - you can always skin that for another coat. Or Ork leather place-mats?

Jak
: Yeah, and how did that Ork head manage to keep talking anyway?

GM
shrugs
* That's Orks for you - a sufficiently tough Ork can ignore little things like poison, radiation, breathing, or the laws of reality.

The crew enjoy a solemn victory mass in the Rose Tattoo's temple, complete with swinging censers and overly long sermons, before most of them retire to the lower decks to enjoy fermented rat, dancing on tables, and trolley races in the corridors.

Lord-Captain van Baroque
: Don't mind me, I'll be in my cabin, softly crying.

Jak Frost OOC
: 'Ork-skin blankey, you're the only one that understands me...'

Perhaps the string of rotten luck that has plagued the ship is finally over?

Yeah, right.

GM
: You're a few days into the final leg to Lucin's Breath when the latest in your endless stream of disasters occurs.

Jak Frost OOC
: Let me guess, the Navigator has just burst into flame

GM
: Funny you should say that...

The ship's chief medicæ has come to you - he wants to tell you some very bad news.

Jak Frost
: Oh god, another disaster???

Navigator
: .... why are you all looking at me?

Medicæ
: I'm afraid I've had 12 confirmed cases of Munn's Pandemic Fever turn up.

Lord-Captain von Baroque
: Pandemic??? How bad is it?

Medicæ
: We're not sure yet - we'll have to wait and see how many of the crew spontaneously combust.

All
:
:jawdrop:

Jak
: ... wait, a disaster the Navigator didn't cause? I'm amazed.

GM
: And what will you be doing, now the quarantine is in force?

Xanthis
: Barricading myself in my cabin and shooting anybody that comes near. But don't worry, I'll fire a warning shot first.

The lethality of the Ignicoccus infection depends entirely on which strain it is - something beyond the Medicæ's ability to determine. It looks like the Rose Tattoo will be in quarantine for at least a month, until the pandemic has run its course. Of course, the disease had figured without Casu Marzu, to whom hellishly difficult problems are mere child's play. He swiftly determines that the strain is one of the merely dangerous ones, rather than conflagrational.

GM
: So, not satisfied with humiliating the Navigator, you humiliate the medics too?

Van Baroque's player
: What was the holiday in the Star Wars Special?

Jak's player
: Life Day. F*** Life Day
:mad:

Thus they arrive at Lucin's Breath with a hold full of loot salvaged from the Ork pirates - mostly the explosively flammable compound Nephium. This will be useful when they trade for parts to repair the teleportarium, and equipment for the psyker.

GM
: You're lucky it didn't catch fire when you were shooting the place up. Or when Xanthis here was fireballing Orks.

Jak
: And that none of the crew spontaneously combusted when we were shifting it
:angst:

Socializing on one of the Lucin's Breath orbital stations.

Jak Frost
: Do you even drink, Marzu?

GM
: Sure he does - he can always filter out the methanol and run it to his fuel cells, after all. And see, he even has a curly straw mechadendrite

Of course, there is an ambush attempt on Jak, Xanthis and Marzu while they return to the Rose Tattoo, bit needless to say they finish with nary a scratch, after Jak shoots the ears of the bushwhackers, Xanthis blows them apart with psychoelectric potential, and Marzu descends on them like the wrath of the Machine God.

GM
: You're doing almost as much damage with your power fist as Xanthis does with his bare hands.

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
: Oh look, one of my electro-digits has seized up. Guess which one.

The surviving prisoner doesn't prove very interesting to the Lord-Captain, who orders him humanely killed. Marzu interprets this as 'delivered to the Medicæ for organ harvesting'.

GM
: They strap him onto the conveyer belt and after the whirling knives and power scalpels have finished working him over like demonic sewing machines, the leftovers plop into a bucket.

Tech-Priest Casu Marzu
:
*picks up bucket*
I'll just run this down to the kitchens

Meanwhile, van Baroque is entertaining Lord-Captain Harlvesk with military anecdotes and questions about the territory ahead.

GM
: It's quite a good meal. The chef even managed to get some actual fresh meat from somewhere.

Jak OOC
: 'Why does this rump roast have a tattoo?'

OK, I didn't think that it was even remotely within the realm of possibility that a

Drhoz campaign could be more demented than the Kingdom City campaign...

but that was before these Rogue Trader posts. It's with dubious pleasure that

I can now say that the bar for what I consider demented has been well and truly

raised to new heights (:yes:).

As for the bit about Xanthis making Emperor Palpatine feel inadequate -- the

closest thing that I can think of that would look like that is the scene from

near the end of the Headmaster Gideon storyline in Charmed (the one where

Leo reenacts the Palpatine/Luke Skywalker scene from Return of the Jedi --

and he's doing Palpatine's part)(:jawdrop:).

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

Played a game of Savage Worlds: Kerberos Club at Tacticon last weekend. Essentially, it’s superheroes in the Victorian era. Lots of fun, and lots of good quotes. The characters were:

Col. Alexander Solomon, Hero of the British People

Empire, super-spy and masked assassin for Her Majesty (this was me!)

Green Molly, a shape-shifting alien from Pluto

Captain Nick Pseudopolis, Halfling pirate captain

Azrael, half demon child

Lady Ducheaux, barbarian princess

The plot was: Winter has descended on the British Empire; someone has stolen the power of Queen Mab (the faerie queen of winter) and is using it to lock the world in permanent ice. Our Heroes(™) must steal back the badge of Queen Mab’s office and return it to its rightful owner, who will restore the balance of the universe.

Empire is curious about our Barbarian Princess…

Empire: If she was born and raised in the deepest Amazonian jungles, why does she have a French name?

Col. Alexander: You know how those French are. They’re everywhere, and they’ll f*** anything.

We enter the Realm of Winter, where it is freezing cold. The GM asks us to make a Fortitude roll to see if the cold effects us. My character succeeds with flying colors...

Empire: I'm wearing long underwear under my long underwear.

The daughter of Queen Tatiana of the Fairy Realms has been kidnapped!

Lady Ducheaux: We have rescue the princess!

Empire: Do we have to return her in pristine condition? :winkgrin:

We have the bad guys on the ropes -- there's only a couple of them left and it's just a matter of mopping them up. But then all the survivors decide to gang up on Col. Alexander, and they deal massive amounts of damage.

Empire: Great. It's the last round of combat, and YOU have to get yourself killed.

The Colonel is fighting one goblin when another comes up behind him...

Empire: It’s true what they say! Colonel Gentleman takes it from both ends!

Our Halfling pirate pulls out two magical pistols and opens fire on a goblin.

Captain Nick: Halfling: Straight Outta Compton!

A goblin, which had until now been fighting bare-handed, pulls out a sword.

Colonel Alexander: I didn't even realize that Goblins had opposable thumbs. I thought they were like Canadians!

Azrael the Demon Child picks up the Heart of Spring (a powerful magical artifact).

GM: Power flows through the artifact. You feel strange, as if your body is becoming altered…

Empire: The boy has finally entered puberty!

Col. Alexander: Soon you’ll be experiencing wondrous new changes, child.

The Colonel engages in hand-to-hand with a goblin.

Col. Alexander: I pistol-whip the bastard!

Col. Alexander:

Col. Alexander: Own! My thumb! :weep:

The Colonel continues to pistol-whip his enemies.

Empire: You do realize that bullets come out of the other end of that gun, right?

Our barbarian Princess is in a berserker state. She’s just killed the main baddie and although the fight is now over, she’s still looking for another goblin to kill.

Queen Mab: (NPC) (doing her best Jules imitation) Tell that b*tch be cool!

After we’ve defeated all of the bad guys’ guards…

Empire: Queen Mab needs to hire a better class of guard.

Lady Ducheaux: Yes, but only after they’re not evil any more.

Throughout the game, Col. Alexander and Empire (two great British heroes) continually insult pretty much every other nationality on earth (and quite a few not-of-this-earth). Lady Ducheaux gets attacked by some sort of goopy monster…

Empire: The lady has been slimed!

Col. Alexander Yes, well, she’s foreign. I assume that’s some sort of primitive ritual or something. She probably enjoys it.

Lady Ducheaux: Better slimy than limey! :mad:

Empire, hero of the British Realms and powerful warrior, has had a spate of really bad rolls in combat.

Empire: To tell the truth, I’m not the real Empire. I’m just his valet. He passed out drunk in his room, and I took his costume. I was hoping it would help me pick up girls. :(

The Colonel attempts some first aid…

Col. Alexander: He’s bleeding like a stuck pig. And I should know! I’ve stuck more than a few pigs in my time.

Lady Ducheaux: That’s not something you should really be bragging about, Colonel.

Col. Alexander: Sometimes, my lady, it’s about quantity not quality.

In the absence of Guildenstern and others from the Dark Heresy group, some of us have joined a Warhammer Fantasy RP game. The cast includes -

Brok Bitterstone, Dwarf Ranger

Alaric Anson, human agent of the Reikland authorities

Reik, Dwarf soldier

Reikhardt Lionson, Apprentice Bright wizard

and yours truly, Otto, commoner and general dogsbody

Brok Bitterstone OOC
: Don't bother naming yourself, you're just a commoner

Otto OOC
: That's OK, I answer to 'Hey, you' as well

Brok Bitterstone
: You might have been born a bootlicker, boy, but that doesn't mean you have to rise to the heady heights of ass-kisser

Off to escort a wagon-load of furniture to a minor official hunting lodge, and covertly investigate his suspicions about the staff there. There are rumours of Beastmen in the vicinity, and certainly there are some suspicious rustlings in the thick brush. Otto and Alaric have both noticed, and Otto attempts to target one with a sling bullet while Alaric slides a hand towards his sword.

Otto
: Pardon me, your worshipfulness, but didya want me to fetch you up a fresh
rabbit
for dinner, or something? I'm pretty sure there's
rabbits
about here, I bet there's
one in that bush over there

Alaric Anson
: Yes, you do that boy. See if you can hit that
rabbit

Instead, he hits one of the cart's horses, and gets the cart stuck in a pothole.

Otto
: Sorry, your worshipfulness, I missed the rabbit.

Alaric Anson
: Quite. Well, save your energy, you'll need it for all the boots you'll be polishing tonight. With your tongue.

Everybody scans the forest suspiciously, and completely fail to notice the dozen-odd Beastmen about to ambush us.

Otto OOC
: Well, the Reikwald is pretty thick. Just like the PCs.

Alaric Anson
: Boy! Save the girl!

Otto
: Er, what girl, your 'onour?

Alaric Anson
:
*points at the wizard*
that one, in the dress!

Alaric Anson
:
*Challenging one of the Beastmen*
Here's looking at you, chump!

Reikhardt Lionson OOC
: Chump, not kid? He IS a goatman after all XD

Reikhardt Lionson
: May I suggest we settle our respective differences with competitive knitting?

GM
: You really only need
one
red pokerchip under your miniature, you know.

Reik OOC
: I'm a dwarf, I want to be taller than my opponent

WHFRP uses a somewhat idiosyncratic dice system. Rolling hammers is good.

Brok Bitterstone's player
: Gah! I just need one hammer!

Reikhardt Lionson OOC
sings
* "If I had a hammer..."

We manage to see the Beastmen off, barely, and are let into the lodge grounds. It's all very suspicious, especially the pile of beastman heads in front of the decrepit shrine to Sigmar, the human god.

Otto OOC
:
... skulls for the skull throne...

All
:
*Stare at Otto in shock*

Otto
: Hey, I'm not the one who's been piling them up in front of a shrine to
Sigmar

Alaric Anson
: So, what are we having for dinner?

Nobleman
: I can recommend the venison

Brok Bitterstone
: Well, as long as it's not too deer.

Otto
: Er, beggin' your pardon, your gov'norship, but it's not me place to be eatin' with the likes of yerself an' the other gentlemen, if ya don't mind me sayin'.

Nobleman
shrugs
* It's a small place, boy, we all eat the same table.

Alaric Anson
: Besides, I'll need you to hand to keep my wine cup filled.

Brok Bitterstone
:
*unbuttons fly*
I'm diabetic, I can add sweetener to that if you want.

Actually' date=' I [i']do [/i]know about that one. And while I haven't seen any of the Monty

Python movies, I have seen some of the MPFC shows on PBS when they've

been on in the past -- so I'm not a total heretic here where Monty Python is

concerned.

Major Tom 2009 :P

Don't worry about being a heretic, we're pretty easy going here, you shouldn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

A few from a fun Pathfinder game...

Taldore: Handsome Cleric of the Sun God Solvorn (Looks like Ryan McPartlin; Captain Awesome from "Chuck")

Sky: Gorgeous Amazon Barbarienne (looks like Jessica Alba in fringed leather)

Rebecca: Evil-curious ex-Paladin (looks like Christina Aguilera)

Ariel: Elven ranger/forester (looks like Keira Knightley)

-----------------------

Rebecca: Its funny how a collapsed lung can mess up your spellcasting...

----------------------

The PCs have defeated an entire encampment of bandits, who were hiding out in some ruins of an old castle. They are led by a fallen Knight, who was out on a patrol with a squad of his men when the adventurers struck. Among the fallen was a witch, and among her possessions was an Alter Self potion. Sky comes up with a cunning plan....

The PC's: *Hide all the bodies and dismantle the camp, so that the ruins look deserted*

The Fallen Knight: *Sends a scout in to have a look*

Sky: *Ganks the scout, out of sight of the Knight, behind the half-collapsed wall where she predicted a scout would go*

Taldore: *Quaffs the potion, and makes himself look like the scout*

Taldore-in-disguise: *Waves the bandits in*

Fallen Knight: The camp is EMPTY?!?

Taldore-in-disguise: Everythings gone. What do you think, sir? ...Kobolds maybe?

Fallen Knight: When did YOU become funny?

The fallen Knight and his men move forward to see if they can find any clue as to where their camp went....and the rest (meaning the bandits) is history.

------------------------------

Ariel (OOC): I intended to make a female version of Legolas...or do I repeat myself?

-------------------------

Ariel (OOC): We're woodsy people. We're a woodsy people.

Sky (OOC): Technically, I believe the term is "Arboreal Americans" ;P

----------------------

Sky (OOC): Its like in Tolkein, where EVERYTHING has at least FIVE names. "The Elves named it Shalliexsplainitagain, but to the Dwarves it was Khozzisedzo. The first Humans in this region called it Bob. Bob became Robert, and over time Robert became known simply as Nebachannezzer......." *eyeroll*

----------------------

Rebecca (OOC): Bandits just need some bushes to hide behind, and a stick. PIRATES need to outfit a whole SHIP, so theres kind of a bottle-neck...

-----------------

Whilst fighting Yuan-Ti in the storm tunnels....

Sky (OOC...mostly): Im sick of all these muthaf***in SNAKES in this muthaf***in DRAIN!

-------------------

Sky (OOC): How many Charleton heston impersonations can we FIT into one encounter?!?

Taldore (OOC): Its a Madhouse! A MADHOUSE!.....From-my-cold-dead-hands! [/Heston]

-----------------------

GM: One of the cultists uses "Cause Fear"...

Sky (OOC): He whipped out a Thetan meter?!?

-----------------

Taldore (OOC): I channel positive energy. The Barghest is an evil Outsider, right?

Rebecca: Feel the @$$-reaming fist of the Great God Solvorn!

Taldore: ...We're sending you BACK to catechism school!

-------------------

Taldore (OOC): I do my daily morning devotions to Solvorn

Sky (OOC): "Solvorn! Solvorn! Youre our guy! You bring light to all the sky! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay SOLVORN!" [/pompom]

-----------------

GM: *Puts his hands to either side of his eyes like horse-blinders* Look! Its "Rebecca-world!"

-----------------

Sky (OOC): I wish my Charisma stat was higher...

Rebecca (OOC): Keep saying that. SOMEONE might be a Genie! ;)

-------------------

GM: The Lizardmen are crouched down an embankment, by a creek. They are huddled around in a group, looking up reverently at a glowing blue ball of swirly light, hovering just above their heads. They seem to be talking to it, and it is talking back.

Sky (OOC): So...what is their Dragon Ball saying?

------------------------

Ariel (OOC): I tried to make this character as "Legolas" as I could. I even cast the character as a cute blonde chick!

----------------------

Sky (OOC): Knock knock

Rebecca (OOC): Who's there?

Sky (OOC): Wendi

Rebecca (OOC): Wendi who?

Sky (OOC): Wendigo nom-nom-nom! :D

Off to escort a wagon-load of furniture to a minor official hunting lodge' date=' and covertly investigate his suspicions about the staff there. There are rumours of Beastmen in the vicinity, and certainly there are some suspicious rustlings in the thick brush.[/quote']

Played that one two (well, 2/3 at least before the group stoped playing). Got the most archetypical Warhammer Fantasy charcter: Dwarven Slayer.

Col. Alexander Solomon, Hero of the British People

Empire, super-spy and masked assassin for Her Majesty (this was me!)

Green Molly, a shape-shifting alien from Pluto

Captain Nick Pseudopolis, Halfling pirate captain

Azrael, half demon child

Lady Ducheaux, barbarian princess

Empire is curious about our Barbarian Princess…

Empire: If she was born and raised in the deepest Amazonian jungles, why does she have a French name?

Col. Alexander: You know how those French are. They’re everywhere, and they’ll f*** anything.

The quotes are even better when you realize that Col. Alexander sounded like a drunk Sean Connery (that same Connery cadence, but slurring his words more than usual), and Empire sounded like a hung-over Sean Connery (the Connery voice, but touched with a bit of tired surliness). We really had fun playing off each other. :D

----------------------

Sky (OOC): Its like in Tolkein, where EVERYTHING has at least FIVE names. "The Elves named it Shalliexsplainitagain, but to the Dwarves it was Khozzisedzo. The first Humans in this region called it Bob. Bob became Robert, and over time Robert became known simply as Nebachannezzer......." *eyeroll*

----------------------

I guess my name is now Nebachannezzer.

It took me a while to translate those Elven and Dwarven names.

Phonetic Key:

Shalliexsplainitagain = Shall I explain it again (simple with the correct spacing)

Khozzisedzo = 'Cause I said so (Hukt awn fonix werkt for mee).