Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

On the less disturbing one this week...

"Some men would call it being whipped, but it's actually a finely honed survival instinct."

The more disturbing one (Said by the, up to now, cuter then cute eight year old watching her adoptive mother give birth.)

"Why doesn't mommy clean them up like the kitty does? They smell like they would taste good."

Dr. Benedict has had his amulet stolen, without which he'll quickly advance to his chronilogical age and die. He calls Lillith who has eloped and is not enthusiastic about returning to the city.

Dr. B: "Lillith, You must come back. I need your help desperately!"

Lillith: "I told you already. First the pants, then the shoes!"

In 7th seas game I run on fridays one of the characters, Drago, had found a treasure map and had taken to hiding it in the front of his pants. Drago not understanding the first thing about navigation and maps grabs annother PC and takes him up to the room he has in the local inn and tells him, "Drago has big secret to show you" and reaches into the front of his pants.

Took a few minutes to get anything going at all with all of us laughing.

And yes I did give him a drama dice for entertaining us so.

Similar to what happened to my wife in a grocery store.

She's a tour guide at Best Friends, a large animal sanctuary and this woman ran into her at the supermarker in town.

The woman comes up to my wife and says "Would you like to meet the twins?" while reaching into her shirt. Turns out she had a pair of chipmunk babies being kept warm in her bossum.

From my Dark Champions game at GenCon: The game opened up with the members of LIBRA being set up, so needless to say they're a bit ticked. Especially Sarge, as he has a thing about plans that don't work out. Once they find the first of their street contacts, Sarge tells Blade to come with him and pull his biggest knife (actually a machete).

Sarge to contact: "Now, we can do this the easy way or the cutlery way."

From my Dark Champions game at GenCon: The game opened up with the members of LIBRA being set up, so needless to say they're a bit ticked. Especially Sarge, as he has a thing about plans that don't work out. Once they find the first of their street contacts, Sarge tells Blade to come with him and pull his biggest knife (actually a machete).

Sarge to contact: "Now, we can do this the easy way or the cutlery way."

Hey, a quote I was there to hear, too! Great pick, too, and once again, thanks, it was a nice game, Koshka!

Pickup D&D game tonight. I decide to do something I rarely do, a pretty mindlessly direct greataxe-wielding Barbarian. I hold off my one-and-only berserk rage until the end of the night ... and we encounter the main bad guy.

I get the best initiative.:P

I rage.:mad:

I charge.:eg:

I attack.:slap:

I hit critically.:celebrate

My 3d12 damage comes up 10,11,12.:jawdrop:

Counting my Strength and Power Attack at the time, the damage came up to 53.:eek:

Fight over.:king:

Everybody just kind of stares at the minis and grid map for a moment. There's an uncomfortable silence, and then ...

Me: "Looks like the crit hit the fan.":D

Pickup D&D game tonight. I decide to do something I rarely do, a pretty mindlessly direct greataxe-wielding Barbarian. I hold off my one-and-only berserk rage until the end of the night ... and we encounter the main bad guy.

Counting my Strength and Power Attack at the time, the damage came up to 53.:eek:

Everybody just kind of stares at the minis and grid map for a moment. There's an uncomfortable silence, and then ...

Awesome!

Ain't it grand when the dice cooperate... :thumbup:

I can't believe I forgot to post this ....

This was at one of my Pulp Hero games at GenCon. In the final fight, one of the bad guys shot the female PC. The next person up is the male PC actor who's a bit of a ladies' man. His line: "How dare you shoot the woman I'm in love with this week!"

I got one that happened a while back. My friend played a dumb character that was the whole background to him. He was dumb. Well anytime anything new happens he has to roll to see what he does. Well he fails it. Guys are shooting at him and he's invuln to it. He looks down and says.

"PRETTY FLOWER"

He starts picking flowers. Several rounds of failing it (3). He finally gets into action. With a handful of flowers.

Same guy different situation. They have to sneak into a base. They make it easily into the Security Room and see that the big Dumb guy won't be able to sneak around.

"So they say stay here and watch us on the TV screens. Just don't touch buttons. Ok lets make our way to the red door."

They leave he fails his roll again. Just barely misses the roll. I write him a note.

You remember "Stay here and watch us on the TV Screens. Just touch the Red Button. When we make our way to the Door." So the group makes it to the first door and he hits the red button. Alarms go off. :D :D :D

LOL

From a Silver Knights storyline:

Martial artist Panther is taking on a mind controlled superhero. Specifically it, it's the holier than thou Myridion (also a martial artist) of a rival team.

*side steps a fist*

Panther: There are those who would think I shouldn't take advantage of this

*jumps high to avoid a leg sweep*

Panther: they'd say it's wrong and that I should take you down without hurting you

*ducks to avoid a grab before rising up in a powerful uppercut that takes Myridion's of his feet*

Panther: *grinning evilly* I'm so glad they're not here to spoil the fun!

When the PCs encounter a vampire, and I call for a skill check to possibly identify it as a vampire just on sight, me and the guy on the far end of the table spontaneously break into song ...

"Gimme that Knowledge: Religion,

Gimme that Knowledge: Religion.

Gimme that Knowledge: Religion,

Fifteen's the DC!"

(Obviously to the tune of 'That Old Time Religion'.)

Other good lines included:

"It's a Dwarf Zombie. I think we can outrun it."

"Of course I realized what a terrible idea that was. That's why I did it."

We started a DND3e Arcana Evolved game tonight with a sort of wierd basis...

Basicly, I'm DMing and the group just BSes untill they say something that grabs my attention enough to run with.

I'll also occasionally run a neat-looking adventure from Dungeon...

4 Characters (you can tell this campaign is far from serious...)

Seymor: Male human witch trying to nail everything female that moves (except the female PC Sarah...)

Sarah: Female PC (only one that Seymor won't touch) described as a "Fire-breathing blood-sucking ***** from which there is no return" (by Seymor of all people). Mage Blade from hell.

Azzlend: Lithorian Eagle Totem Warrior. He's a cat who worships a bird...whole group basicly labeled him gay and the player fell right into the "acts like he could be gay but isn't" type.

Cymon: Human "ninja"-esque character. He's an ex-assassin presently in an employment "slump" due to...downsizing... (brings to mind the scene from Terminal Velocity..."KGB laid off? AUTOWORKERS get laid off!")

No comedic potential here... :D

Anyway...2 good ones from tonight :D

Seymor: “Why do these things keep following you?†(refering to the goblin bandits the party just fought off)

Sarah: “It's not my fault! It's his fault!†(pointing at Azzlend)

Azzlend: “I blame society.â€

----------------------------------------------------------

Just finished fighting off a flock of Stirges. In the fight Azzlend accidentally hit Seymor with his warhammer when he botched an attack roll.

Azzlend: “Look at the hammer! It's bigger than the Stirge!â€

Seymor: “Trying to make up for something?â€

Azzlend: “Lets not bring that into this.â€

Sarah: “Plead the fifth! Plead the fifth!â€

Azzlend: “I'll plead the fifteenth! Three times as good.â€

Guest WhammeWhamme

Mercury, nanotech "T-1000": "So what is it that makes you unusual?"

Vlad, Telekinetic: "One could ask the same about you?"

Mercury: "Oh, I'm perfectly normal."

Vlad (thinks about Mercury's displays of superstrength, and shapeshifting)

Mercury: "For a nanotech robot."

GM: "And when Vlad arrives, Claire is in her costume, and is [rolls] recognizable as the costumed adventurer who retired in the 40's"

Player: "Oh, that's dodgy... son comes home and mother is in a superhero costume..."

GM: "Uhm... she _has_ a Secret Identity"

Player: "Oh. That makes sense."

Claire to Vlad: "My boy [Mercury] needs someone to look out for him when goes out to stalk the nights. I was wondering if you could do that?"

Vlad: "Is he dangerous? Is he likely to go psychotic?"

Claire: "Oh, heavens no. Totally harmless."....

.... "I found him eating my begonias a few months back. Took him in, looked after him ever since."

Vlad to Mercury: "I think she's organized a play date* for us".

Mercury: "Yeah..."

Myra: "I have a secretary?"

Myra: "I employ other detectives?"

GM: "When you said you had a detective agency, I kinda assumed that meant you _had a detective agency_".

Charles "Vector" Wilks: "I'd like to retain you to see if you can find any active superheroes in this city."

Myra, writing on notepad: 'Find superheroes... Fanboy? Unlikely, not specific about which one. Sex?' (underlines "sex")

Mercury: 'What a strange coffee mug. No coffee residue... and a cat saying "I hate Mondays on it? Why would a cat hate Mondays?'.

GM: 'Steve finishes tuning the radio to the contact frequency, shows Myra how to operate it, and leaves.'

Myra's players: 'I listen to it.'

GM: 'Uh... for how long?'

MP: 'An hour'

GM: 'Okay... an hour passes, and you don't hear anything.'

MP: 'I guess it's not working.'

GM: 'You know, the police detective told you to contact _him_ on this frequency.'

Mercury:"Why do you have no innate body temperature?"

Myra, ghost: "Because I'm dead."

Mercury: "Don't be silly. You are moving around and can talk. Therefore you are not dead. What is the real reason?"

Mercury (explains how he grew from a tiny blob of nanites to a mansized shapesifter)

Vector: "Can you separate bits of yourself and have _them_ grow?"

Mercury: "You know, I'd never thought of that..."

Vector's Player to GM: "Did I just bring about the end of humanity?"

(after game, Mercury's player contemplates buying himselves as followers)

Vector's player winces.

Vlad, Telekinetic: "So what are your superpowers?"

Vector: "Well, I can make plants grow with incredible speed-"

Vlad: "Can you do anything _useful_?"

Vector: "Uh, maybe that wasn't the best way to start."

Myra: "Yeah, like I'm going to trust what a bush has to say about this."

*Amazingly, no one seemed to pick up the other possible meaning...