Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From our Teen Champions game:

"The best thing to hit a villain with... is a team mate you don't fully trust yet!"

Unfortunately, the villains used our tactic against us! When my brick got KO'd, the enemy brick picked him up and used him to pummel our mentalist! :weep:

Unfortunately' date=' the villains used our tactic against us! When my brick got KO'd, the enemy brick picked him up and used him to pummel our mentalist! :weep:[/quote']

I'm reminded of an old game ... we were fighting a sorcerer in an active volcano. He had up a pretty much impenetrable Force Wall, and we were trying to find ways to breach it while, at the same time, not getting hosed by his minions outside it. At one point during the battle, a teammate named Rad gets KO'd, but just until End of Turn. Our flying brick in residence, named Gravitrak, decides to pick him up and use his body like the blade of a snowplow to 'scoop' the lava up onto the Force Wall in an attempt to damage it. Now lacking anything else to do, Rad's player starts rolling the 4d6 RKA lava damage against himself every phase just to keep track of how unconscious he is (fortunately, his rDEF was high enough he didn't take any BODY damage).

To this day, having STUN in the negative triple digits is known as being in 'Radland' or 'getting Radlanded'.

Heh. In a very early campaign from many years ago. A friend of mine named Donald came up with an awesome idea for a character that was just slightly too expensive to make. Being somewhat unclear on the concept, he used STUN as a dump stat. Nobody caught the error until the first battle when he charged into combat, knocked over an agent, and then got hit with a fusillade of agent level blaster fire. He left combat, unconscious, twice as fast as he'd come in. Henceforth this became known as "The Donald trick."

If I do something notably clumsy or incompetent, my friends refer to it as "Orcish Martial Arts."

Some of you will even know why.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary martial arts

But Deja Fu is an art few can master as it involves time slicing. The Scottish martial art' date=' on the other hand, "mostly consists of headbutting and kicking the other person while they're on the ground."[/quote']

I'd rep you back for getting my Pratchett reference, but I'm out.

"It's the library of a temple in a major city in a pseudo-medieval fantasy world. It's not the freaking internet."

"Minions on the menu?"

Lucius Alexander

tagline of the week from my palindromedary

Fantasy Hero, today: We are a group of old barbarian heroes (age 40+ and 60+) battling some oh-so-civilized slave-hunters. One character, the high-battle-berserker priest of our War God "Schlachtenwüter" (= Battle Rager) is disarmed and recovering from getting stunned. I the next phase our only foreign-born fighter is disabled by the enemies evil priest. Our beserker gets up, looks at the battle-map and announces: "I'm doing a move-thruogh on that son-of-a-fiend!" GM: "Aren't you picking up your weapon first?" Berserker: "Who says I NEED a weapon?" - poor priets was in for a 11D6 move through enhanced by magical HA, Berserker-STR and move-thru velocity!

Fantasy Hero' date=' today: We are a group of old barbarian heroes (age 40+ and 60+) battling some oh-so-civilized slave-hunters. One character, the high-battle-berserker priest of our War God "Schlachtenwüter" (= Battle Rager) is disarmed and recovering from getting stunned. I the next phase our only foreign-born fighter is disabled by the enemies evil priest. Our beserker gets up, looks at the battle-map and announces: [i']"I'm doing a move-thruogh on that son-of-a-fiend!"[/i] GM: "Aren't you picking up your weapon first?" Berserker: "Who says I NEED a weapon?" - poor priets was in for a 11D6 move through enhanced by magical HA, Berserker-STR and move-thru velocity!

Awesome. If that actually happened in a movie, it would have made any number of 'Totally Bad-Ass' lists.

More quotes from QuerySphinx's Teen Champions game.

---

Player Characters

Magni the Mighty: Manny Thorson is the son of the Norse god Thor sent to Midgard to learn humility and mortal morality, as well as to lead the football team to the state finals.

Ladybug: Sadie Miller gained insectoid powers thanks to a genetic experiment involving the alien Metrolix. Her role as class president, gymnastics captain, and science team lead was her own doing.

Melt: Yvette "Ivy" Durden is one of the loner, a punk goth who gets ignored because she's weird. It might have something to do with her ability to kill you if you look into her eyes.

Visionary: Zachery Shin is a computer expert with the ability to project quantum energy from his eyes. This doesn't protect him from being shut into his locker by the jocks though.

Seraphine: Luci Fontaine was once the most popular cheerleader until she sprouted monstrous wings. Now she hides behind a suit of power armor and a false devil-may-care attitude.

Night Spider: Carter Macall was the son of super-villains and inventor of a combat suit and designer drugs that give him spider-like abilities. He's a super-genius - just ask him.

---

Ivy: Show us on the doll where the cat licked you.

Manny: I'm fond of my neck.

Ivy: Then why do you keep sticking it out?

After Magni is used to bludgeon Melt during a superbrawl...

GM: Magni is not a Killing Attack. He's not that sharp.

Skuld is one of Manny's three ancient aunts with very old-school Norse beliefs...

Auntie Skuld (NPC): You don't want cunning and intelligence to be the hero - only the big and strong can be the hero.

Ivy: You voted Republican, didn't you? :straight:

Referring to Zach's prescient powers...

Luci: Wow, dude, you're like a ouiji board.

To Magni, regarding their bromance...

Zach: I'm either gay or your sidekick.

Ivy: Or both.

Janessa "Boom Boom" Spinner is one of the normal students, save for her possessing the "Most Common Superpower..."

Sadie: Why don't you just ask Manny out.

Boom Boom (NPC): I'll do it if you ask Zach.

Sadie: Deal.

Zach (a couple miles away): Why did my Danger Sense just go off? :fear:

Ivy: But I don't wanna end the world!

Luci: Why am I getting a dial tone in my head?

After Melt reveals a prophecy involving Magni and the fate of the world...

GM: While they didn't outright say so but the Norns [Magni's aunts] strongly implied that you weren't supposed to reveal the prophecy to Manny.

Ivy: The Norns haven't dealt with teenagers much, have they? :angel:

Manny: What did you do?

Ivy: I didn't do anything!

Manny: What didn't you do?

Manny: I am NOT in Camelot!!

Manny: They called it Destiny. They don't call it Options.

To Magni regarding his cousin...

Ivy: You know how I know you're not going to kill Rolf? I'm going to get there first. :mad:

Ivy: You'd kiss Boom-Boom, but you won't kiss me?

Manny: Well, I like you!

Regarding Visionary's seemingly obsessive habit of Tweeting/texting everything, including secrets...

Ivy: Don't you have a Complication against this?

Zach: My Complication involves not using my powers for wrong reasons. Nothing about using my iPhone for wrong reasons.

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Regarding Visionary's seemingly obsessive habit of Tweeting/texting everything, including secrets...

Ivy: Don't you have a Complication against this?

Zach: My Complication involves not using my powers for wrong reasons. Nothing about using my iPhone for wrong reasons.

I love it.

It was a heck of a session. "Cry Havoc and let slip the the Dogs of Teenaged Angst!"

Who needs villains when you have teenagers and a megaton of missed social cues.... (because now Ivy thinks somethings wrong with her since Manny won't kiss her... even she didn't want to be kissed in the first place...)