Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From our game last night; the group is on our way to Peru, via an incognito cargo ship. We took the opportunity while laying over in a stop at a Mexican port on the way to spend the night ashore. (This is in a sort of Dark Conspiracy-type game, not a supers game.)

About 7:00 a.m. the moring after the night's layover, in a very nice Hilton interconnected suite:

Rain: "Travis, did I just hear you tell Dan you didn't sleep last night?"

Travis: "Yes, Rain, that's correct."

Rain: "Well, I didn't get much sleep last night either, but I don't understand why you didn't; I mean, you don't have a steady girlfriend like I have a boyfriend, so how did you...if you were up all night, you must have been..."

Travis: "...sitting up talking?"

Rain: (looks confused, starts to speak several times, then leaves the common room of the suite to go wake the reason she didn't sleep much during the night)

GM to Travis' player: "Please don't play with Rain's brain like that; there isn't that much there to begin with!"

(For the record, Travis had in fact been up all night doing exactly what Rain thought. ;) )

From a recent game. The characters came across a mime, complete with the face paint look, costume and everything. The kicker is that it's actually a curse, but one that you can get rid of by passing it along by touching someone else. Needless to say, it would be a really bad thing to have happen to a spellcaster.

The dwarf in the party, a surly warrior type got the touch. One comment stuck with me: "Dude, you got mimed."

The player who was now playing a dwarf mime, who's a really good sport about such things, said nothing but promptly flashed the other player a rude hand gesture.

It's a quick-setting epoxy produced from his hands. They're just jealous because I entangled the hot chick while they were double-teaming the beefy guy.

*plots vengeance against Susano for posting that quote*

Hey, at least we captured our foe! :nya:

Anyway, Nestor was the one who said it!

Last night, for a friend's birthday party, I put together a one-shot villain game -- everyone picked a published villain, and there was just enough plot to get everyone into a fight with each other. At one point, the guy playing Anubis was telling the "birthday girl" why he was going after Zephyr (her character) instead of Durak: "I'm the god of the dead, not the god of stupid".

Today we had the first run of a new Champions campaign.

The cast consists of:

Zindika, who is an insect shamen

The Mighty Golias, who is basically a pint-sized Hercules

Polymer, who has stretching powers

Force Majure, who is basically Ultra-Boy

*Zindika arrives*

Golias (OOC): With your dashiki and little hat.

Force (OOC): What? He's Marion Barry?

Zindika (OOC): Well, without the drug addiction and 100 lbs. lighter.

Force (OOC): Golias has no Secret ID does he?

Golias (OOC): Oh, hell no!

Zindika: Hello, I am Zindika. (Repeated over and over)

Force: You can surrender now or we're gonna have Golias talk you to death.

Force: Maybe if we punch (the supervillain) to the outside (of the building), we can claim they came in this way? (Force's plan on how to explain all the property damage.)

Reaction to hearing Polymer's SFX for his entangle: "I bukkake for justice!"

(Please don't ask what bukkake is....)

Dude, I know what it is!

:angst:

It's a quick-setting epoxy produced from his hands. They're just jealous because I entangled the hot chick while they were double-teaming the beefy guy.

*plots vengeance against Susano for posting that quote*

I want to see this team in action.

Then scrub my brain.

:D

A D&D game from long ago, where my character, who was the leader of the group, had become an emperor of sorts and was in the process of winning his new subject's favor. It's been our credo ever since:

"You have to have the people behind you spiritually and in front of you physically."

Another that comes to mind is a mage whose player was the Rob Liefeld of gamers (somewhat cool ideas, but no idea of the process of how to realize these ideas, but it didn't stop him from forging ahead anyway)- on our way out of town, a guardsman hassles us for exit tax or whatever, and Syrinx the mage balks and gets in a pissing contest with the guardsman. He casts a burning hands, blows it,and the guard quickly reveals that he is also...a werepanther. So we proceed to throw down, getting whupped on pretty good before my sentient sword tells me to throw it at the panther. I do so and cripple him, leading Syrinx (or Sphincter, as we'd come to call him by this time) to walk up to the wounded guardsman and while slitting his throat, proclaim: 'Now I have my revenge!'

A d20 reference? For shame. You should be expressing it in Hero power terms. Something like Image' date=' but I'm not sure how you would write it up since it it is created by words sent over the Internet. :nonp:[/quote']

Order of the Stick, actually. So a forgivable offense.

A d20 reference? For shame. You should be expressing it in Hero power terms. Something like Image' date=' but I'm not sure how you would write it up since it it is created by words sent over the Internet. :nonp:[/quote']

Sound like an indirect attack. With a tough activation if you use AOL.

This actually isn't from my gaming group, it's from my last performance review at work. It was me, my boss and my boss's boss. We were going down a list of "evaluation factors" (quality of work, quantity of work, dependability, showing initiative, attitude, etc.) when the following exchange took place.

Boss: "Okay, initiative..."

Me (unable to stop myself): "I rolled a six."

Boss: "Huh?"

Boss's boss: "Yeah, but I got surprise on you."

Boss: "What are you two talking about?"

I had no idea my boss's boss was an ex-gamer!

This actually isn't from my gaming group, it's from my last performance review at work. It was me, my boss and my boss's boss. We were going down a list of "evaluation factors" (quality of work, quantity of work, dependability, showing initiative, attitude, etc.) when the following exchange took place.

Boss: "Okay, initiative..."

Me (unable to stop myself): "I rolled a six."

Boss: "Huh?"

Boss's boss: "Yeah, but I got surprise on you."

Boss: "What are you two talking about?"

I had no idea my boss's boss was an ex-gamer!

:lol:

A couple of friends of mine, not that long ago, found out that one of the most senior of managment (a VP, IIRC) was a gamer -- because they found a PHB & some character notes open on his desk when they went to his office to talk to him! :D