Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

These are from the game I'm running...for a change.

Wachweasle: "the answer to this problem of course, is mind control puppy!"

Me: Blake looks at you're puppy and says, "ah, mind control. How Quaint."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: The Lubren (think werewolves always in thier half shifted form) upon hearing Thade's name turn toward the direction you pointed and howl. Now let me see how badly they scare him. *rolls dice* He gulps and says quite shaken that he thinks we should get out of here.

Garlen: so, how am I effected?

Me: are you volunteering to be effected by a presence attack that wasn't directed toward you?

Garlen: I think I should be.

Me: you realize that they have their back to you right? All of them. They were really friendly toward you and haven't done anything other than try to scare Thade off right?

Garlen: So?

Me: ....

This resulted in him getting scared too and not being able to do anything rational other than leave. Later he came back with one more adventurere and then proceeded to get into a fight with the Lubren...it was not a nice day. And they (the Lubren) originally just wanted to talk!

Josh says I win this week.

Using CSLs and martial maneuvers, I was able to get 4 1/2d6 killing damage on a sword-controlling demon.

*roll* "Seventeen, and . . ." *roll* "Okay, half of six is three, so twenty body, annnnnnd . . ." *roll* "A hundred stun."

Cue the other guy who plays a barbarian cackling as he catches the glare Josh tosses my way. :D

Using CSLs and martial maneuvers, I was able to get 4 1/2d6 killing damage on a sword-controlling demon.

*roll* "Seventeen, and . . ." *roll* "Okay, half of six is three, so twenty body, annnnnnd . . ." *roll* "A hundred stun."

Cue the other guy who plays a barbarian cackling as he catches the glare Josh tosses my way. :D

Holy crap! That's tank-bustin' damage!:eek:

It's for times like these, that I carry an old, losing lottery ticket in my pocket for a prop when I roll a six on the Stun Multiplier die.

"I WON THE STUN LOTTO!!"

It's for times like these, that I carry an old, losing lottery ticket in my pocket for a prop when I roll a six on the Stun Multiplier die.

"I WON THE STUN LOTTO!!"

Heehee. :D

It's not the first time I've rolled a 6 for the stun multiplier, but it IS the first time it added up that much. And yeah, there was a "I won big on the stun lotto" remark, but if the others heard me over their laughter, they had no idea what I was talking about.

This is actually not from THIS week, but it tickled me.

Betty, NPC maid for the Sentries superteam has just voiced doubt about the wisdom of taking Icicle in with a comment about how can you trust "some frozen refugee with sticky fingers..."?

Blitz, the character who is most dedicated to saving the villainess from Stronghold and giving her a second chance proceeds along a stance that is mind bogglingly beautiful in the amount of excrement shoveled :D

"Well, no, Icicle isn't exactly street legal per se, but she's been on the wrong side for at least the past two years, when she was a juvenile. If her ways aren't curbed, she's going to remain a criminal. And while I appreciate 'the best' comment, there isn't exactly another super team hanging around these parts. Community Service is at least a response for what she's done. And it's not like she's the only ice-powered metahuman out there. After all, if she couldn't steal fake jewelry with GRAB, why should we think she could rob a bank on her own? And honestly, she hasn't shown any symptoms of ADHD. Heck, I have more symptoms than her, but that's just because I'm foot loose and fancy free. I mean, she kept her mind on the situation at hand and even seemed calm once the fight was over. It may be that her ice powers, on a genetic level, may prevent her from being hyper. Hmm, that's a pretty interesting thought. Cold slows molecules down, would it prevent hyper-activity or merely stretch it out. And would it be 'hyper' activity if it was slowed down? See, Betty, you can't just jump to conlcusions like that. The medical community would have you flogged. Science is like that."

It maybe some time before I can hear the phrase "Science is like that" without chuckling.

Excerpt from Champions of Vancouver: Episode 17...

micronaut_6 as Flicker - "You're who?"

radioKAOS as Gabriel - "I'm the Archangel, Gabriel."

Flicker - "Hold on, there's someone I'd like to introduce to you." - Calls Blitz

Amebushi as Blitz - "Um, hello Blitz, I'm standing on the roof of St. Paul's Hospital with the angel Gabriel."

Blitz - "Uh, have you been drinking?"

Flicker - "Well yeah, but that's got nothing to do with it!"

Followed sometime later by...

Flicker - "Okay, we've got a VIPER, an 'apple' and an angel: all we need now are a tree and a woman."

It maybe some time before I can hear the phrase "Science is like that" without chuckling.

Dude - that guy you quote above would do The Tick proud! In fact, that sounds almost like it came directly from the animated Tick! I am in awe... :D

The following is a quote that's not from a gaming group, but I intend to _use_ it in a gaming situation as soon as possible.

History channel was doing a "World's Fastest" Modern Marvels show. And the worlds current fastest production car is Koenigsegg CCR, at 241 MPH. The quote is from the owner of the company -

"If you can't see the future, it's because you're not driving fast enough!"

Now THAT's a man I want to buy a beer for! :thumbup:

Dude - that guy you quote above would do The Tick proud! In fact' date=' that sounds almost like it came directly from the animated Tick! I am in awe... :D[/quote']

:o Aw, thanks. It was me. :o Though it was a rare moment. Hermit is much better at continuous funny stuff. (You should see his Foxbat detective.)

Speaking of quotes and Hermit, here we go:

Scene: Ravenswood Academy, two days before school starts. Super freshmen students are arriving for the first time. A very stoic girl (senior) is telling people to put their baggage and equipment against the wall and to enter into the auditorium. Joe is the first to arrive.

Setting his luggage down, he jokes, "This is where the gorilla comes out and plays with our stuff while we're gone right?" If she gives a perplexed look, he shrugs, "Nevermine, too much 'TV land'." He wonders how Dr. Silverback is doing, but it's only briefly.

[Emphasis mine]

I busted out laughing at the thought of Dr. Silverback jumping on suitcases. I tried to rep him, but realized you can't do that on HeroCentral. :cool: And I've apparently repped him too recently to do so again.

My Aberrant character, commiserating with an NPC upon how my character's son feels totally overshadowed by his nova father and is estranged from him, and the NPC counters with something like 'at least you /have/ a family, all I can get is meaningless one-night stands with nova groupies'. (He's got a little Taint problem, so hardcore nova groupies are about the only women who will go for it.)

Me -- "An outside observer would have trouble deciding which one of us to envy."

Something just made my brain click onto this exchange from a con game a few months back.

As we go into the final battle, the Master Villain is revealed to be... my character's Evil Twin Brother! Naturally, we square off. As we close to HtH range:

Brother: "Dad always thought you were better than me!"

Me: "Dad was right!"

After which, he crit'ed me across the room, and I spent the next couple turns digging myself out of the wall :idjit:

bigdamnhero

"When someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!"

A GURPS Swashbuckler/Magic/Psionics campaign.

Cast Of Characters: (The two PC's involved are)

Mr.Davies the Shipbuilder/Tinkerer

Mr. Skinner the Marine/Scout if you please.

The Scene:

The Crew took a carriage from the city to a road side Tavern to secretly meet with the Prince's Agent. The Tavern is all but empty when they arrive. The Propriator is behind the bar wiping a dark stained rag accross the counter when we walk in. There is blood on his apron.

We signal for drinks and food. The Propriator seems nervous and replies that he will have to prepare the food himself as the cook died not long ago. We think nothing of it when he leaves without serving our drinks. Thinking more about the meeting with the Prince's Agent than the distracted Propriator.

Mr. Davies goes to the bar to draw our drinks himself and discovers the body Probably the real cooks and sounds the alarm. Mr.Davies and Mr. Skinner pair up while the rest of the Crew moves to surround the building.

Mr. Skinner and Mr. Davies begin their search in the kitchen and witness a scene of Horror. The Propriator stops in mid chop, butchering a woman and preparing our meal. The meat cleaver flys at them. Dodging the two go for their weapons.

The Propriator runs out a side door, down a hallway and into a room slammming a big heavy door. There is a loud click as the two arrive in pursuit.

Mr. Davies - "Can you pick a lock Mr. Skinner"

Mr. Skinner - "Certainly Mr. Davies"

Mr. Davies - "He's getting away Mr. Skinner"

Mr. Skinner - "No Mr.Davies he's not"

Mr. Davies - "That wasn't very subtle Mr. Skinner"

Mr. Skinner - "You didn't ask for subtle Mr.Davies"

Author Note: I was Mr. Skinner. Mr.Davies' player and I rarely got along, but for some reason this one time we just clicked. We both got a bonus point for Role Playing from the GM. It was awesome.

Cheeers

QM

Something just made my brain click onto this exchange from a con game a few months back.

As we go into the final battle, the Master Villain is revealed to be... my character's Evil Twin Brother! Naturally, we square off. As we close to HtH range:

"Mom always did like you best."

"Mom always did like you best."

The odd thing is, the GM (who I'd guess is 30s-40s) had never even heard of that classic Smothers Brothers line.

bigdamnhero

“Holy mother of God and all her wacky Nephews!â€

Last night in a dark fantasy game, set in a city that has a fairly large undead population. Our characters had just recovered the dead body of the guy we'd been trying to find, and delivered it to his family & fiancee. Between the bite marks on the neck and the fact that we recovered the body in the "Dead Quarter" from a bunch of people with long, pointy teeth, it's pretty obvious what happened.

We try and convince the family that they need to burn the body ASAP, but they insist the body must be laid out in state overnight, and go off to their seperate rooms, refusing our offer to stand vigil/guard over them and/or the corpse.

Me: "I can't believe we're getting Sculley'd by people who live in the City Of The Undead."

At which point everyone burst out in their best Galaxy Quest voices: "Didn't they ever watch the show!" :D

Later, when we burst in to find the finacee in the arms of her newly-returned-from-the-dead lover:

Me: [roll dice] "I fail to exhibit surprise."

bigdamnhero

“There's no such thing as Silicon Heaven.â€

“Then where do all the calculators go?â€

The odd thing is, the GM (who I'd guess is 30s-40s) had never even heard of that classic Smothers Brothers line.

bigdamnhero

Well, if they're in their 30s I would think they wouldn't. I am 42 and the Smothers Brothers were only really popular in my quite early youth - early enough many of the jokes were over my head and I barely remember anything about them (but I do remember "Mom loved you best!" and I had a Smothers Brothers comedy album, or, rather, my mother did). By the mid-70s they weren't really that popular and never attained the status they had despite several attemps. Then again, they really were one of those cases of breaking from the hip crowd into the mainstream and then, as a consequence, never quite fitting into either comfortably again, unfortunately

Well' date=' if they're in their 30s I would think they wouldn't. I am 42 and the Smothers Brothers were only really popular in my quite early youth - early enough many of the jokes were over my head and I barely remember anything about them (but I do remember "Mom loved you best!" and I had a Smothers Brothers comedy album, or, rather, my mother did). By the mid-70s they weren't really that popular and never attained the status they had despite several attemps. Then again, they really were one of those cases of breaking from the hip crowd into the mainstream and then, as a consequence, never quite fitting into either comfortably again, unfortunately[/quote']

Yeah, that's pretty much right. I remember the Smothers Brothers were HUGE and great right before we left the States for Germany in summer '68. When we came back three years later they were way past peak. Since we had no TV in the interim, the difference was painful.

Not sure this qualifies as a quote ...

I'm running. One of the characters is a gypsy sort, and has some Precog/Postcog powers based on using fortune-telling gear and the like. So, they decide to use Postcog to see the past (through the senses of a murder victim, so we can try to get some more information). The gypsy busts out a Ouija board.

Unfortunately, the player has a slip of the lip and she says 'Luigi Board'. I think everybody else noticed, but nobody said anything, assuming that they had misheard. I, on the other hand, feel morally obligated to pounce on it. They commune with the spirit of the dead guy ...

"Great, I'm-a dead and I'm-a still gettin' crank calls from-a my brother Mario!"

Not sure this qualifies as a quote ...

I'm running. One of the characters is a gypsy sort, and has some Precog/Postcog powers based on using fortune-telling gear and the like. So, they decide to use Postcog to see the past (through the senses of a murder victim, so we can try to get some more information). The gypsy busts out a Ouija board.

Unfortunately, the player has a slip of the lip and she says 'Luigi Board'. I think everybody else noticed, but nobody said anything, assuming that they had misheard. I, on the other hand, feel morally obligated to pounce on it. They commune with the spirit of the dead guy ...

"Great, I'm-a dead and I'm-a still gettin' crank calls from-a my brother Mario!"

LOL --- literally. That's very, very funny.

Excuse me, that should've read "That's-a very-a, very-a funny."

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CrosshairCollie again." Sigh.

After which, he crit'ed me across the room, and I spent the next couple turns digging myself out of the wall :idjit:

bigdamnhero

"When someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!"

Sweetness!

rep on the way. :thumbup:

bigdamnhero

That frightens me.

"My chicken killed his dog"