Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Several excellent quotes from Derek's traditional "Challenge of the Superfriends" at Kubla Con last Saturday night (and if you weren't there, you must be a commie pinko subversive or something.)

1) The nefarious Legion of Doom developed a ray to steal the Superfriends' powers. This was symbolized in Batman's case by his utility belt unlatching and flying away by itself, which led to several belt-related gags. My personal favorite was, "Perhaps you could develop some utility suspenders?"

2) Mighty Dan Reiley, as usual playing Gorilla Grodd, was watching his teammates in the LoD take a beating. When Derek asked what he was doing next, he replied, "Thinking about quitting and forming my own villain team." A discussion of him recruiting various other super-powered monkeys (like Titano, Mallah, and maybe even Mojo Jojo) into a fiendish team ensued, with various suggestions for names ("How about the Gorilla League of Wickedness? Or P.R.I.M.A.T.E.?") Derek himself topped everybody, though, when he smirked and said, "No, I've got it- the Apes of Wrath!"

Said team was immediately voted into the Champions Universe and will probably be appearing in a Digital Hero article soon. dw

Originally posted by Darren Watts

Several excellent quotes from Derek's traditional "Challenge of the Superfriends" at Kubla Con last Saturday night (and if you weren't there, you must be a commie pinko subversive or something.)

Don't blame me, I was out getting pie.

:P

I was playing a character called the Invincible Man and an ambush had been planned for my character while one of my teammates was busy fighting in aerial combat over the city skyline. I raced to my car, being a non-flier, only to find Grond patiently sitting on the front hood of my car (horribly denting the hood I am sure). Invincible Man's response, "Hey, do you mind? You're sitting on my car." Grond got up and moved out of the way. I got in my car and drove off to get back-up.

Apparently, Grond had been mind-controlled and expected Invincible Man to show up in a costume. Invincible Man rarely wore a costume and was not concerned with a secret identity. Since, I didn't fit Grond's conception of his quarry, I was allowed to take my car and go.

Originally posted by Gannok

BTW Darren, it occured to me a few days later that I believe WotC made a Magic card with a bunch of gorillas on it called the Apes of Wrath. It was from a set a few years back. Just a heads up.

Actually, it's a card for Shadowfist, from Z-Man Games. WotC's not that cool.

Player is having a few drinks with an old buddy from his days in the CIA...the buddy is a metamorph and has a few too many, causing his features to get a bit runny...on the way out of the bar, they are attacked...the metamorph goes down, and turns into a puddle...

Player to attacker: "You'll have to excuse my friend, he's a little sloshed."

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Haerandir

Actually, it's a card for Shadowfist, from Z-Man Games. WotC's not that cool.

Actually, 'Apes of Rath' is a Magic card.

Of course, in MtG, Rath is a place....

Originally posted by Morningstar70

As long as the Apes of Wrath aren't cybernetic monkeys with helicopter rotors coming out of their backs or tanks sewn to their butts, you can...

wait for it

Go Ape.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

This will happen in my game about the same time monkeys fly out my butt.

Well, as long as we're talking about monkeys...

The M&M adventure Time of Crisis has the characters traveling to several parallel Earths to keep some pan-dimensional entity from destroying the multiverse. One of the parallel Earths is Ape World... Can your character stand up to the Iron Monkey, Elasti-Gibbon, or Chimpanzoom?

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/slideshow.php?prod=ToC&pic=5

Originally posted by Captain Obvious

Well, as long as we're talking about monkeys...

The M&M adventure Time of Crisis has the characters traveling to several parallel Earths to keep some pan-dimensional entity from destroying the multiverse. One of the parallel Earths is Ape World... Can your character stand up to the Iron Monkey, Elasti-Gibbon, or Chimpanzoom?

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/slideshow.php?prod=ToC&pic=5

I'd like to thank you in advance for this opportunity.

A planet where men are ruled by apes? It's a madhouse! A maaaaaaaadhooooouuuuuse!!!!!!

Krikakik: "I think we should let them board us and then take them out in hand-to-hand combat."

Sampson: "Okay, we're going to do that."

Jeddah: "Why?"

Sampson: "Cuz the Fex said so."

Cayley: "Okay, calm down. Take a deep breath and think about what you just said."

Krikakik, a diplomat, is notorious for coming up with completely outrageous and ridiculous courses of action. No one ever listens to him... well, usually.

More Monkey Mayhem from me!

Heya guys,

Thought you might like some more monkey-themed names for the Apes of Wrath:

Furious George's evil ape-gents: codename "Barrel o' Fun"

Lemurderer (serial killer, excaped from a French zoo)

Ape-X (the apex of monkey-dom)

Gorillazilla (think Monsta-2000!)

Monkeyshine (my own monkey M/A villainess)

The Silver Simian (alien monkey on a flying, silver banana)

"Right Turn" Clyde (don't stand on his right...)

Fling Shui (He ain't arrangin' furniture!)

Armegibbon (the last monkey, courtesy of my brother)

Bubbles- The Dark Chimpion (he ain't gunna take it no more!)

and (drumroll please...)

BaBOOM! (Guess what his specialty is?)

Cheers, all!

Magmarock :D

OK here is one. In my gaming group I run the Grab and Squeeze brick named Pitbull who is VERY overconfident and a total smart a$$.

Pitbull grabs generic viper agent #1 and squeeze him into unconsciousness. He casually drops the agent and turns to the Super Villain that has been recruited to try and fight him off.

(Special thanks to the rapper Fifty Cent… how in the world did a Fifty Cent line make it into a champions game… don’t ask..):confused:

PB: “You’re like a pop tart sweetheartâ€

Villain: “Huh?â€

PB: “You’re soft in the middleâ€

Grab… squeeze… KO’D super baddie