Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Yet more snippets from Robert Harrison's Neon Labyrinth game:

GM (as Mr. Ibuki, a gaki): "G**damn biker gangers. I'm going to eat every last one of them!"

Players: "Uh...."

Mike: "it's Mr. Moto's .50 persuader."

Repeated line to my PC, a scruffy-looking shih: "Fighting is outside, front door. No blades! Fists only."

GM: "She sticks her tongue out at you and cuts it with her blade."

Nestor: "Do I recognize the significance of that?"

Mike: "Yeah, it's a cheesy Hollywood vampire stunt."

GM: "Actually she's activating her crazy b***h powers."

Nestor: "I'm enjoying being the not cool guy."

And a few die rolls:

Devil Hunter Jones decks a bike ganger. 7d6 strike comes up as: 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 2. Needless to say, the rest of the gangers fled.

The weretiger's Grab and Squeeze: 5, 1, 1, and on the half die... 1.

The weretiger's Move Through: 6, 6, 6, 5. No knockback, and he takes full damage.

GM: "She sticks her tongue out at you and cuts it with her blade."

Nestor: "Do I recognize the significance of that?"

Mike: "Yeah, it's a cheesy Hollywood vampire stunt."

GM: "Actually she's activating her crazy b***h powers."

Is there an Elemental Control for that?

JG

From our Forgotten Realms games today.

Said about the cleric of Kelemvor (God of the Dead) when he slept thru a severe thunder storm that woke the rest of the party.

"He's dead to the world."

Yeah, He's sleeping the sleep of the dead."

Sun Elf character: "I'm going to stay in the 'Snooty Elf' Inn.

Other randomness.

"How many Halflings can you carry before you become encumbered?"

"Croutching Halfling, Hidden Elf."

This one is going to take some set up.

The second session of my Bureau 13 HERO style game. This is set in the Champions Universe with only rare superheros. The characters are all 200pt specials.

The characters have teleported into the small town that's about to be the site of Cthulu/Edomite summoning ritual. There's a blinding rainstorm, and they've just stumbled across a 7-11. One char has Sense Auras and the other is an empath. Both realize that there's something wrong with the attendant. The empath (we're calling him Right Turn because his first name is Clyde) has an ability to probe thought, but it takes a minute to activate. The other three characters have to keep the attendent in line of sight for one minute.

Our aura reader, Archie, asks him where the gas cans are because their car ran out of gas a mile or two back. The attendent walks over to where the cans are. You guessed it. This was out of LOS. Right Turn comms back over the mind link, "Stop moving him around!"

Archie takes him back to the counter, pulls out a map, and starts asking for directions.

Shogi, our modern samurai, takes a Double Gulp of Coke up front and spills it on the map, Archie, and the attendant. The attendant goes into the back to get a mop and bucket.

After watching this Keystone Cops parade, Right Turn really loses it and says, "Will you guys quit f*****g moving this guy around?!"

Archie answers back over the link, "What do you want me to do? Hold him down while you probe his a**!" :eek:

At this point we broke down into laughter for the next 5 minutes. It was a good laugh and we enjoyed it.

I should have written things down because there were two other lines that I wanted to use and can't remember.

These are all from tonight's Champions game:

"Somewhere, the laws of physics are getting bent over in a most improper fashion."

-----

"It would be rude to just go up to someone and start petting them."

-----

"Most peoples' minds don't have card catalogs."

-----

"Did someone use the doom ray to dig a bar-b-q pit...again?"

-----

"Well, if that other me is anything like me, then like me, it's likely that I...that she...you know, we really need a new vocabulary for this time-travel stuff."

-----

"Sometimes, it's better not to ask too many questions about Dr. Anomaly's devices or methods. He always gets the job done, but occasionally it's because he takes the laws of the universe out for dinner, a few drinks, and then back to his place, where he...well, you get the idea."

"Sometimes, it's better not to ask too many questions about Dr. Anomaly's devices or methods. He always gets the job done, but occasionally it's because he takes the laws of the universe out for dinner, a few drinks, and then back to his place, where he...well, you get the idea."

I love this one. Made me LOL. Rep to you.

I'd love to be able to game with you guys.

Archon...Archon.

Forgot it already, eh?

Archon's B13 game: The quotes.

Clyde (Right Turn): Damn it, stop moving him around already!

Archie: Okay, okay. I'll get get him behind the counter while you Probe his a**.

and...

Clyde: Hold him down. I'm not done with him yet!

Needless to say the Gay jokes went flying.

Thanks' date=' guys. :) I [i']have[/i] managed to game with Tim, and a couple of other posters here, but there are a lot more of you I'd love to have the chance to game with. I'd also like the opportunity to game with Tim on a regluar basis. Once convention just wasn't enough!

Do you watch SG1? They had an episode a couple weeks back that featured multiple SG1 teams. I could help but think of the Stargate game we played in at Diecon.

Playing a silly pick-up game. I'm a hard-boiled detective whose internal monologue isn't very internal at all -- he narrates everything that he thinks, does, and even says. My wife is playing a teenaged Buffy-type character. We meet for the first time...

Me: (deadpan) Yeah, she was a looker all right. Legs that went all the way up and then back down the other side. A body that would make a bishop kick out a stained glass window. She was a little young for me, but you know what they say -- if there's grass on the field, play ball.

Tammy: (disgusted) Do you always talk like that?

Me: (deadpan) ...she asked in a disgusted tone. Yes, I replied. It's what I do.

Playing a silly pick-up game. I'm a hard-boiled detective whose internal monologue isn't very internal at all -- he narrates everything that he thinks, does, and even says. My wife is playing a teenaged Buffy-type character. We meet for the first time...

Me: (deadpan) Yeah, she was a looker all right. Legs that went all the way up and then back down the other side. A body that would make a bishop kick out a stained glass window. She was a little young for me, but you know what they say -- if there's grass on the field, play ball.

Heh. I love playing those types of guys :)

Archon...Archon.

Forgot it already, eh?

Archon's B13 game: The quotes.

Clyde (Right Turn): Damn it, stop moving him around already!

Archie: Okay, okay. I'll get get him behind the counter while you Probe his a**.

and...

Clyde: Hold him down. I'm not done with him yet!

Needless to say the Gay jokes went flying.

Ah, but now I've remembered the second part of the scene.

Clerk realizes his mind is being read and runs for the back door.

Shogi, the samurai, tackles him as he runs past the drink dispenser, "Quick, I've got him down. Hurry up and finish him off!"

More laughter ensues.

I should run a character like that.

JG

Playing a silly pick-up game. I'm a hard-boiled detective whose internal monologue isn't very internal at all -- he narrates everything that he thinks' date=' does, and even says.[/quote']

I have had two instances in gaming where someone's done that; the recent one was Hermit having Foxbat do that while interacting with another PC. I thought it was totally hilarious (if I recall, Foxbat was wearing his uniform, with a fedora and trenchcoat as well)!

Heh. I love playing those types of guys :)

And I find them very amusing! I'd like to play one myself; but, I don't know if I could pull it off.

From last Saturday's Champions session:

1. [situation: The GM is explaining to a player who was not present at the session why all heck broke loose]

"The problem is, Iron Maiden has the social skills of an avalanche."

2. [situation: The hero team is debating the ethics of killing demons in front of their offficial govenment Secret Service liason]

Ryucin (Japanese mystical hero) "Technically, you don't *kill* demons, you just send them back to the Underworld."

Secret Service liason "Oh, then there's no problem; you're just extraditing illegal aliens."