Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"So...the woman of your dreams is going to spend the night in your bedroom...in your bed...and what the two of you end up doing isn't the 'obvious', but instead spend most of the night writing physics equations and chemical formulas on a blackboard and start assembling a list of components, equipment, and supplies?!?"

Dr. Anomaly: "Well, neither of us sleep more than a few hours a night, and there is a new lab we've been considering putting together once we're back home in Millennium City, so it seemed to both of us like an opportune time to..."

(heavy sigh) "Geeks...superpowered geeks...in love."

"Okay, that's it...we're going to need a bigger dragon."

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr. Anomaly again."

:thumbup:

"Okay, that's it...we're going to need a bigger dragon."

-----

"Hey...just because I haven't died, then been brought back by some kind of lizard shaman and gotten superpowers as a result, doesn't mean my life isn't complicated!"

-----

"Okay, I'm going to change forms to Hathor, wearing a FedEx uniform...as no FedEx uniform has ever been worn before!"

-----

"And thus the main guns of the battleship Missouri are used to shoot down a mosquito."

(referring to Hathor turning the full force of her attentions on a mere mortal.)

-----

Dr. Anomaly's sister, Rebecca: "Come in and sit down, Solomon...or should I say, 'Dr. Anomaly'?"

Dr. Anomaly: (stunned silence, followed by) "How...when...how long have you known? How did you find out?"

Rebecca: "I've only known for a few minutes; I never had cause to probe your mind before, and never suspected my brother was more than the flake the popular press thinks he is. In hindsight, of course, it should have been obvious."

Dr. Anomaly: "Waitaminute...my sister is a metanormal? Rebecca, when did this happen?!?"

-----

Rebecca: "Honestly, Solomon, at this point, I think we should move any further discussion to my laboratory/HQ." (She flips a concealed switch and a bookcase slides aside, revealing a hidden staircase leading downward. A faint hum of some kind of esoteric power generator can be heard from below.)

Kathleen: "Solomon, why doesn't our base have a secret laboratory like this?"

Solomon: "Do you have any idea how difficult it is to try and remodel an indestructible, invulnerable building?"

Those are absolutely AWESOME!!!! particularly the interactions with his sister.

Bradley, my vampire, cleaves a Leprechaun in two. Not simply content with that, he looks down at the splat on the ground and taunts enthusiastically, "Top of the Mornin' to ya!"

Then one of the funnier battles I've ever engaged in takes place.

From the Zombies of Hazzard County game I ran as a replacement game this weekend. I plan on eventually writing it all up as part of a Con Game in a Box series I want to do.

While raiding Boss Hogg's liquer stores to find FUel to burn the zombies with, since the players already blew up the fuel station and the propane storage tank next to the station.

"He's got a bottle of vodka...He's a communist!"

After first discovering that there are zombies in town.

"How is it that baby jesus would allow zombies to prowl the earth?"

Those are absolutely AWESOME!!!! particularly the interactions with his sister.

Thanks muchly; the gaming's been good of late! :)

Here are a few more; these are all from our Teen Champions game:

"Nadia's started enough trouble for now, so she's sated...but that could change."

-----

"Hmmm...since each cat has nine lives, does that mean that for every cat, there ends up being 9 undead cats? A feline necromancer might not get the most powerful of minions, but they'd sure get a lot of them."

-----

"If they start pulling out dodge balls, I start pulling out dead guys."

-----

"I don't lift heavy weights...I get some dead guy to move it for me."

"Yeah, but what if you have to move a body?"

"Are you kidding? I just get the body to move itself!"

-----

"No, we don't have a monk...we have an initiate. We're sure going to be wishing we had a monk!"

-----

"Warning...monk overload in progress; two minutes to catastrophic monk failure. You have two minutes to reach minimum safe distance."

-----

"When a monk blows, he really blows!"

"So, what happens when a monk loses it that badly?"

"Where do you think ninjas come from? Duh!"

"So a monk who loses his cool becomes a ninja?"

"Sure...the same way milk left out of the cool of the refrigerator too long becomes sour cream."

-----

(Potential, the class gadgeteer/brick, has just been testing out a new energy-absorbing vest by having another classmate shoot him with heat blasts. The vest didn't live up to expectations, and a woozy Potential finally called it quits before he was knocked out.)

Tranquility: "We could have done the same test by putting the vest on a coat rack and shooting it."

Twilight: "Of course...but this way is LOTS more fun!"

-----

It's Startrek/ Pulp! weekend for me again that means a pile of great quotes.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

Trek

GM: I know what you want BUT I am not going to give it to you!

Its’ kind of like music but I don’t need to be hearing it now.

My girl friend won’t let me go home if I don’t win.

I am not worried about the violence it’s about the pain.

It’s all about the pain.

There is no fun with out pain.

I have a low pain threshold.

Dam it I only rolled a 19.

Milk, Eggs, Cheese, MORE BRAINS!

Caption: We are not going to yellow alert for 3 days.

GM: Alert, alert, alert.

Psionic Science officer: If you don’t shut that off I am going to make more people think there monkeys.

Caption: Who did you make think they were monkeys already?

Science officer: The councilor.

Caption: Ok.

GM: Space is big.

Have you even watched the show?

You’re so creepy you’re cute.

I don’t want you to psychic touch me.

Gm: Did you get a 9 on investigate, or pilot, or scratch you a$%?

You don’t keep that a secret for over a hundred years by stamping you name on every thing.

Because the guy has no hands there is no hand written journal.

I didn’t name you it’s not my fault.

Player 1: I don’t think it’s a good idea to hide things. Especially from people that can rip it out of your brain.

Player 2: Good idea.

Pulp Game

I would love to fight Chang the Iron Fist…. From a distance with a high powered sniper rifle. Or a nuke. I would prefer the nuke.

Player 1:What do we do when we are done interrogating them?

Player 2:Throw them off a tall building.

PC: Do you remeber me?

Tugge: Yes, you are the large Brazilian man who beat the crap out of me

(Told in the most matter-of-factly way possible, on both sides of the conversation.)

"So, what do we do?"

"I have an idea."

"Is it a stupid idea?"

"Please, have you forgotten who you're talking to?"

"I remember precisely who I'm talking to, that's why I asked."

"If you remembered precisely who you were talking to, you wouldn't have to ask."

"So, it *is* a stupid idea."

"Insanely stupid, yes."

"Very good, then. Carry on."

Didn't happen during a session, but earlier today I was on the phone with a buddy talking about Games We Have Played. My non-gamer wife walked into the room right on "Remember that mental hospital you escaped from?" She laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance. :snicker:

From my Teen Champions (Ravenswood Academy) game. The students have just been given a tour of the underground (secret) facility. They are about to return to class and the teacher reminds them of the importance of keeping secret and things about what not to do.

Teacher: "Are there any more questions?"

Joe: "What's the fastest land animal on earth? "

(To recap, we're in a Valdorian Age game, two bodyguards for a necromancer who's supposed to be posing as a slave as a supernatural favor, and her second favor is to walk 800 miles, rather than ride her horse.)

Last week's game:

We're interviewing a new potential member of the group, who reveals he's actually a pirate on the run.

My character remarks, a little drily, "Well, at least we don't have to worry about him being captured and sold as a slave. Pirates only go for five bits around here."

Later, Sophia, still grilling him, runs across the pirate issue again, then waves it off with, "We'll worry about that later."

This week's game didn't contain anything particularly good, except when my character started to teach our slave (male) how to massage sore, tired feet and legs, so Sophia wouldn't be too slowed down by her newest favor.

Josh (GM) asks Sophia's player, "Does your character have any objection to his, ah, treatment?"

"Oh, heck, no!" is Sophia's player's response.

Later, the cat, the reason why we were playing over at their house, climbs onto Josh's lap. We're in the middle of our longest combat ever, and Sophia's player has just rolled to hit.

The cat nuzzles Josh's chin, forcing his head up. She rolls, announces the number.

"Did I hit?"

Josh attempts to look at the OCV chart, only to be thwarted by another nuzzle. He cracks up, as do the rest of us. "Sure, sure, roll damage," he says between chortles.

"Do you want me to take the cat?"

"No, I'm fine, just roll damage," he says, and dissolves into laughter (with the rest of us) as the cat winds herself around him.

Yep. The whole game ground to a halt because of a cat. The best part was how Josh just kept laughing, and she went straight for his ticklish spot.

Foxbat is attempting to woo (or, as originally mistyped 'woe') a female hero by the name of Juggernaut, no relation. She is seeking him out, at the deputy mayor's orders because he has demanded a thousand bucks... not cash, male deer, or he will use "A weapon of Mass Destruction". Juggernaut fails to find him, but she returns to her apartment to find a note on her pillow (she has a public I.D).

Fear not my love... our pouding beats shall heart as one soon enough. We are pedestined you and me, to know a love that would make angles weep. In the mean time, hurry yourself to safety... the city seems reluctant to aseed to my demands, and so, I must use my weapon to rain mass destruction upon them. A pity we must be at odds, my sweet.

Internally yours,

Foxbat.

PS: I'm sorry, there are a lot of typos in this letter I'm thinking which is why I shouldn't write in ink like this. Darn pens don't have spell checkers even in the 21st century, it's criminal. Anyway, I didn't have any more paper and I hope you're willing to forgive the few errors that might have cropped up.

Ta, F.B.

I hate to say this' date=' but I need this one explained to me. I must be pronouncing 'Obadhai' differently than the rest of you. :)[/quote']

He's the god of nature in the Greyhawk DnD setting. In the players guide, the picture for his holy symbol makes him look absolutely Romaine. Very very leafy.

He's the god of nature in the Greyhawk DnD setting. In the players guide' date=' the picture for his holy symbol makes him look absolutely Romaine. Very very leafy.[/quote']

Ah, okay. I never thought to look up his symbol. I thought it was some horrible pun I just didn't get.

Carry on, then. :)