Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

World of Warcraft game-

A human huntress, a human paladin and a goblin rogue bring a message to the embattled city of Stromgarde. Being informed of the ongoing struggle the two humans offer their services immediately...

"I offer my bow"

"-and my hammer"

I, the goblin, chime in "and my contract!"

"The significant owl hoots in the night."

"Yet many gray lords go sadly to the masterless men."

"Hooray, hooray for the spinster's sister's daughter."

"To the axeman, all supplicants are the same height."

"Yet verily, the rose is within the thorn."

etc., etc.

In the first episode of Sci-Fi's "The Invisible Man", he tries to meet up with an agent in a foreign country by "the usual means". This means, apparently, hanging out in the marketplace with half a ticket of some sort, trying to meet up with the person who has the other half of your ticket. Lounging around there, he spots this guy who is obviously a government agent (tall, well-muscled, wearing a suit). The guy has been eying him, and steps forward to ask if he's looking for someone. So he answers "Yeah, I'm supposed to meet someone here.", and pulls out his ticket. The agent shows an obviously different ticket, and they both look down for several seconds, then uncomfortably glance around for a few seconds, not wanting to look at each other, then the agent saunters off.

Fantasy game.

Party has been travelling onboard ship for awhile, chasing down pirates.

Young (10yr old) player of a character with animal training skills (and the ability to speak to animals) is asking the GM about what he can get ahold of to try to train - a pelican, albatross, etc. so he can train them to help scout around. While that conversation was itself amusing, the really funny stuff came from the "helpful suggestions" some other players were tossing out, the best one being:

"Yeah, maybe you could train some rats to let you know when the ship is sinking!" :rofl:

From last night's Pulp Hero game, as a stage magician named Rudolfo is entertaining a party:

Giuseppe (obnoxious PC opera singer): "I'm getting drunk. Are there any fetching young ladies here?"

GM: "The Great Rudolpho casts magic missile and attacks the darkness!"

In the first episode of Sci-Fi's "The Invisible Man"' date=' he tries to meet up with an agent in a foreign country by "the usual means". This means, apparently, hanging out in the marketplace with half a ticket of some sort, trying to meet up with the person who has the other half of your ticket. Lounging around there, he spots this guy who is obviously a government agent (tall, well-muscled, wearing a suit). The guy has been eying him, and steps forward to ask if he's looking for someone. So he answers "Yeah, I'm supposed to meet someone here.", and pulls out his ticket. The agent shows an obviously different ticket, and they both look down for several seconds, then uncomfortably glance around for a few seconds, not wanting to look at each other, then the agent saunters off.[/quote']

The lines they exchanged was that they were specifically looking "for their better half."

That moment was hilarious.

From our fantasy game:

One character had just been swallowed by a dire shark. Another character is fighting the shark, and is also swallowed.

As soon as he sees the other character in the shark's gullet, he says:

"I'm here to rescue you!"

------

Discussion comes up in our D&D game about the lack of a cleric in our group. One person immediately points to our fighter with the Storm Giant strength and says:

"He has Turn Living!"

Later, in a nasty fight, the fighter throws a dagger and does more damage in one attack than any other person can do in three or four (good roll, plus that whole Giant Strength thing). One of the players immediatley turns to him and says:

"Please tell me that's at least a magic dagger!" [it wasn't]

In today's game, we had FINALLY let our newest character in on our true mission in Abyznia: to return an evil magic dagger to where it would be neutralized. Sophia threatens Rafe with having Kessa take off his head if he should so much as THINK about touching the dagger.

Rafe: 'Cause nothing says "I love you" like a beheading.

Sophia: Who says we love you, Rafe?

Also, there was an amusing OOC comment when, upon being asked a question, my character answered it speaking in Tribespeak, which only the NPC understood. I scribbled a note to Josh of what she'd said. He reads the note, looks at me and gives an exasperated sigh. "You had to write a note for THIS?"

Mandy, the player for Sophia, says, "It's a very Kessa thing to say, isn't it?"

I really liked that show, and the attitude it had.

I've thought on numerous occasions that it would be a great basis for a low-powered supers game.

We'd have to get McCoy to play The Official, though. For some reason he reminds me of him.

FYI - I should have stated that I am Jack...

:lol: Sometimes, ya just can't get no respect, can ya? I empathize...the other night while watching TV, my fellow GM (after seeing something impossibly convoluted proposed in a show) commented: "That sounds like a Dr. Anomaly solution." (sigh!)

My personal favorites -

My character has been hauling along a wagonload of weapons to deliver to her clan. She's never explained how she got the money for them, why she's hauling this wagon o' weapons, and she's never taken any out. They've stayed covered up.

Rafe, whose rapier has just been shattered, says, "You got any rapiers in there?"

Kessa stares at him a moment before replying, "What in the world would a clan of barbarians do with a rapier?"

Later, while discussing the route they'll take to get to Kor, Sophia asks Kessa if they'll be passing through where her clan members live. Kessa nods and says the alternative is to go through Wolfrock territory and makes a face. (The Wolfrocks are a rival clan with the Iceravens.) Sophia asks what would be so bad about that, and Kessa replies, "They're like . . . a tribe of Carmens."

"Oh," Sophia says. "No, let's not do that."

(Carmen is the barbarian who'd gotten very drunk and signed up with a mercenary squad, the character our other player was playing before Rafe.)

D&D3E

Having just encountered a Sucubus, the party's cleric of Pelor gleefully declared, "A Sucubus? Touch Attacks, here I come!"

From a different game (Record of Lodoss Wars, D&D3E), these gems.

From the High Elf Wizardess.

"I've only been a lady for a couple of days. It's very hard work!"

"Why would there be any problems with us travelling through the 'Forest of No Return'?"

"What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that wizard's staff!"

From my character.

"Excuse my Elf, she's a friend."

"And they wonder why I want to kill things."

"What do I do for a living? Basically, I kill things."

And just to throw a Champions one in the mix...

The party gadgeteer had, as many do, become our quartermaster. He had devised many tools and weapons for us, and came up with a 2d6 continuing RKA w/ AoE:radius. He called it a Fuel Air Thermite grenade, or FAT grenade. After having used it in a couple of sessions against robots and zombies (our GM finally realized the low book-keeping needed for low BODY automatons), our team faced of against Half-Jack. With most of us out cold, the hardened gunfiighter (who had the most unfortunate term for removing the pin of a grenade, as you will soon see) turned to the GM and said, "So it's just me and Half-Jack? Okay. I crack a FAT, and show it to him."

In my new campaign, the characters are associates of Revenant, who is a Batman-like hero. One character is Goblyn, his teen-aged sidekick, and the other is Jade Spectre, grand-daughter of Fu Manchu.

Goblyn and Jade Spectre have both recently arrived on the scene of a bank job in probress. Goblyn finds a position on a nearby rooftop from which he can observe. Jade Spectre arrived independantly, and made a fantastic Perception roll to spot Goblyn.

Jade makes a killer Stealth roll, and glides up behind Goblyn while hes peering through his mini-binoculars.

...."Two on the roof, on opposite corners." Jade says.

Goblyn, startled, said "Gyaaaah! Cant you ever make some noise when you walk?"

Jade gets a thoughtful expression, has a contemplative look on her face, and then says

".......No."

:rofl:

In last night's RIFTS game, we were examining the labs and living quarters left by an advanced race that lived over 100,000 years ago. Their bodily functions had atrophied even as their minds expanded to super-psionic degree, and they apparently lived on some kind of nutrient paste because that was all they could still digest. We found this out because some of the paste was still in the lab. Someone volunteered to taste it, and I said, "I don't want to eat any food that has a half-life."

JG

:think: Who's ever tasted Krazy Glue and was able to describe the flavor afterward?

Yeah... well, I think the GM was describing it in terms of dried Krazy Glue that he'd accidentally gotten on his fingers and tried to peel or nibble off.

JG