Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

GURPS Black Powder & Magic: [setting the Scene] We have survived a trip down the rapids that the Gods Plane calls a Drain and arrive at our destination. We are tired, wounded, and concerned for the life of a companions framiliar.

There is a hole in the ceiling about 4 meters up where we are headed.

GM - "Right, how are you getting up there?"

Nicalo (Nobleman Wizard) - "I levitate"

Malik (Northman Wizard) - "I use my grappling hook, rope, and climb"

Fate (Elf Swordwoman Wizard) - "I climb the rope"

GM (Looks expectantly at me) - "And how is Rufio getting up there?"

Rufio (Master Swordsman - Trying to look innocent) - "We are on the Gods Plane right?"

GM (Nods)

Rufio (Raises arms, palms out, and tilts head back) - "Right, I Ascend"

Guess you had to be there.

QM

There are no cheesy characters, just cheesy players.

The only item needed to complete that cheezy outfit is the

Green Bay Packers wedge head on top.

NPC: When the blood is spilled, the bloodname is earned

PC: When the cheese is melted, the moniker is applied

- - -

GURPS Teen Supers: The whole Natural Sciences class has had an Origin Event while on a field trip. 36 hours later, the PCs and their immediate clique are still trying to keep a lid on things. Among the NPCs is Greta, who in the first 6 hours physically transformed from a bookish 5'3" girl who didn't need a training bra yet to a 6'4" cadillac-chucking valkyrie. The boys have all noticed that her figure has achieved comicbook proportions, especially the PC brick, Derek.

Derek: "Greta's gonna present a problem..."

[his hands begin moving up his torso in a cupping gesture]

"...'cause she's got tremendous..."

[hands continue smoothly up over his head as if to mark a height]

"...height advantage!"

GUPRS Fantasy. The PCs are at the closing of a Tournament, and they have just been hired by the Queens champion when the the anouncements begin.

Anouncer: And to Stewart DeLancey, the King awards one of his prize mares.

Doomed PC: Not the Queen!

Queen's Champion: *Quickdraw sword, critical hit, location 5 (head), result 3 (instant death), quickdraw hankerchief (I kid you not), wipe sword clean.* (Everything the Queen's Champion did was in a single GURPS combat round. i.e. 1 second.)

GUPRS Fantasy. The PCs are at the closing of a Tournament, and they have just been hired by the Queens champion when the the anouncements begin.

Anouncer: And to Stewart DeLancey, the King awards one of his prize mares.

Doomed PC: Not the Queen!

Queen's Champion: *Quickdraw sword, critical hit, location 5 (head), result 3 (instant death), quickdraw hankerchief (I kid you not), wipe sword clean.* (Everything the Queen's Champion did was in a single GURPS combat round. i.e. 1 second.)

Repped. That's some lemon-flavored awesome right there. :thumbup:

A few from last week's fantasy game:

GM: "You need to be funnier."

Other Player: "He's a lizardman wearing a toga - how much funnier does he need to be?"

GM: "OK, so it's you and the three rogues..."

Me: "I keep one hand on my wallet, and the other hand on...my wallet."

Shortly thereafter: "I'd trust him with my life. Just not with my wallet."

"Is it too late to flash-bang the room?"

"It's NEVER too late to flash-bang the room!"

(Yes, I did say this was fantasy...)

This last one requires a bit of context: one of the PCs is a lizardman who typically fights unarmed, and does not normally wear clothes because they "cramp his style." My PC is a female lizardman, leading to the following OOC exchange:

"What's your COM?"

"Maybe you should wear clothes..."

I was playing the ship’s A.I. in a high-point GURPS Space campaign, when were forced to sabotage and destroy a vessel containing over a thousand crew members. As the rest of the PCs watched the explosion on the screens, this conversation ensued.

Note: All A.I.s have a hardwired destabilization program that specifically destroys their central personality matrix if activated. (Thank you very much, Mr. Gibson.)

A.I.: It’s… it’s beautiful.

Doctor: That’s horrible! There where over a thousand men and women aboard that vessel, and you call their deaths beautiful?

Captain: That’s it! Where’s that shotgun code?

A.I.: You can’t see this as I do and I can’t explain it to you. The best I can do is this. Do you know Michaelangelo’s work at the Sistine Chapel, on Holy Terra? Well imagine, if you will, someone shows it to you, but only all the red light. And then only the orange. Then yellow, green, blue, indigo and finally violet. Could you truly comprehend it’s beauty? It’s majesty? No, of course not. Now I see everything around this ship in a multi-layered, 3-dimensional image of electromagnetic wavelengths starting from the low radio to the far gamma, highlighted by neutrinos, shaded by tachyons and accented by gravitic waves. Where I can perceive a wavelength range if 1x10 (to -11) to 1x10 (to -1), you are limited to 4x10 (to -7) to 7x10 (to -7). So trust me when I say, “ooh, pretty!â€

Captain & Doctor in unison: Shotgun.

From our Tueday night Deadlands game....

I play a gunslinger named Stone, with a hankin for cigars

My wife plays a huckster named Liliy

Erine plays a mad scientist named Eon

Roger plays a gunsmith named Colin

We just beat the bad guys, took over their ranch....while searching the barn we found 4 large bags of gold nuggets......

Stone "I guess we should tell the local sherrif what happened here and that we found these three bags of gold."

Colin "Don't you mean two bag?"

Eon "Bags? All I see is four nuggets."

Earlier that evening...

Stone "This isn't Champions, we can kill the bad guys!"

Colin "When in doubt burn something."

Colin "My name is Colin! Not Colon."

This isn't really a quote, but it was funny...While searching the gold mine. We brought no light source, but found a oil filled latern at the opening of the mine.

I tried to make a spark with two rocks, then realized I had a box of matches, so I took one out.

Eon said, "Why don't you light it with that cigar in your mouth?"

Here's one, but it's not from my session or even from my gaming group.

It's from my girlfriend, whose only exposure to RPing has been in patiently listening to me rant about it.

It's hard to tell it for full effect, you sorta had to have been there, but...

She was talking about how it's pretty much impossible to come up with truly unique plots etc when writing etc, and the reason for this is that the vast majority of ideas have been thought of, and so we have this pool of common knowledge that gets reused, and new ideas are rare because we aren't allowed to use out of character knowledge.

Believe me, the first time she said it, it was done perfectly. *Tear* So proud.

As a player.

A big mean bad guy is holding Domingo up in the air strangling him. All i can see is his armoured legs and leather boots.

Me "I'll shoot him in the feet and take the -8 ocv."

Domingo "If you shoot me I'll kill you."

Me "I don't think you quite understand how it works. If I shoot you I'll kill You"

From the inaugural Pulp Hero game:

"I'm certain there's a perfectly logical, rational, scientific explanation for this. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't scare the (urine) out of me, so I'm running away now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightsky (former WWI Pilot): "I knew a lot of lieutenants in the service who needed a pole-up-the-butt-ectomy. I just need to get you up in the plane, and we'll get it out of you."

Edward "Surname stolen from Keith" Curtis: "If by 'it', you mean my urine, I'm certain that shall be the case."

Nightsky: "So long as we're upside down, that works for me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're evil Satanic supervillains, we've got to think big! WE MUST SACRIFICE THE VIRGIN ISLANDS!"

Okay, this isn't exactly a quote, but...

Situation: Teen Champions game set at the Ravenswood Academy. A group of 5 Deltas (freshmen) are competing in a series of events vs. a group of 5 Betas (juniors). Suprisingly, the Deltas have mananged to almost hold their own in the events so far, and it's come down to the last event, which is an event where all the members of each team participates (the earlier events have all been one-on-one). In this event, the teams are battling on the field at the same time, but are not allowed to battle each other. Instead, each team faces 5 combat droids, and are only allowed to proceed to the next part of the final challenge after they've defeated all 5 of their droids. Since the teams are doing this at the same time, it's definitely a race against time.

The Deltas work together and cooperate to take down their robots, or to draw fire away from exhausted classmates. The Betas, on the other hand, do not -- they're a clique of bullies and they don't even really help out each other, and each is looking for their own glory & notoriety.

The robots have decent tactical programs, as well as a few "extras" you might not normally expect, but it's to simulate the sort of opponent you might actually run into. For example, the Beta called Onslaught (a brick who specializes in high-speed move-throughs) missed one particular attack droid and brained himself by running into a metal pillar that didn't give way. As he was laying there crumpled and twitching, the robot he'd missed pumped several stun bolts into him. Reason: "When an enemy goes down, make sure they STAY down." Needless to say, this took the Deltas a bit off guard when they saw that happening.

During the fight that followed, all but one of the robots fighting the Betas got trashed...but that last robot took down 4 of the 5 Betas himself, and always pumped a few more rounds into them after they went down.

The Deltas dubbed that particular robot "Sadistic Bob".

Okay' date=' this isn't exactly [u']a[/u] quote, but...

Situation: Teen Champions game set at the Ravenswood Academy. A group of 5 Deltas (freshmen) are competing in a series of events vs. a group of 5 Betas (juniors). Suprisingly, the Deltas have mananged to almost hold their own in the events so far, and it's come down to the last event, which is an event where all the members of each team participates (the earlier events have all been one-on-one). In this event, the teams are battling on the field at the same time, but are not allowed to battle each other. Instead, each team faces 5 combat droids, and are only allowed to proceed to the next part of the final challenge after they've defeated all 5 of their droids. Since the teams are doing this at the same time, it's definitely a race against time.

The Deltas work together and cooperate to take down their robots, or to draw fire away from exhausted classmates. The Betas, on the other hand, do not -- they're a clique of bullies and they don't even really help out each other, and each is looking for their own glory & notoriety.

The robots have decent tactical programs, as well as a few "extras" you might not normally expect, but it's to simulate the sort of opponent you might actually run into. For example, the Beta called Onslaught (a brick who specializes in high-speed move-throughs) missed one particular attack droid and brained himself by running into a metal pillar that didn't give way. As he was laying there crumpled and twitching, the robot he'd missed pumped several stun bolts into him. Reason: "When an enemy goes down, make sure they STAY down." Needless to say, this took the Deltas a bit off guard when they saw that happening.

During the fight that followed, all but one of the robots fighting the Betas got trashed...but that last robot took down 4 of the 5 Betas himself, and always pumped a few more rounds into them after they went down.

The Deltas dubbed that particular robot "Sadistic Bob".

You definetly need to give that bot AI and make it either a villian, an NPC, or a Hero.