Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

LOL! :lol: Repped whenever I can!

Do that, and see what they think of it. I think it's perfectly justifiable to have that particular AI use the tatics on hand; there's plenty of possibilities for rompy students that get out of hand down there.

She was talking about how it's pretty much impossible to come up with truly unique plots etc when writing etc' date=' and the reason for this is that the vast majority of ideas have been thought of, and so we have this pool of common knowledge that gets reused, and new ideas are rare because we aren't allowed to use out of character knowledge.[/quote']

:nonp:

"Characters are to players as players are to . . . "?

:nonp:

Situation: The fabric of the universe is tearing. Rifts to pure chaos are opening faster than Starbucks.

One of the villians is a Dragon, gives a beautiful speech about welcoming the destruction of the world and all the people on it as it means unbelievable wealth and power for him.

One of the heroes who has a Strong Code vs. Killing ponders killing the dragon by throwing him into one of the growing chaos rift so that he has time to stop the main villian and rolls his ego roll. Natural 3.

"It appears you've just mastered situational ethics."

Situation: The fabric of the universe is tearing. Rifts to pure chaos are opening faster than Starbucks.

One of the villians is a Dragon, gives a beautiful speech about welcoming the destruction of the world and all the people on it as it means unbelievable wealth and power for him.

One of the heroes who has a Strong Code vs. Killing ponders killing the dragon by throwing him into one of the growing chaos rift so that he has time to stop the main villian and rolls his ego roll. Natural 3.

"It appears you've just mastered situational ethics."

:rofl:

I love it!

IIRC there was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation which featured tiny silicon crystal beings which referred to humans as "ugly bags of mostly water".

I've never actually seen that episode, though.

IIRC there was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation which featured tiny silicon crystal beings which referred to humans as "ugly bags of mostly water".

That's it! Well, the quote anyway... I seem to recall it uttered by a robot, though.

Awesome. The more HK-47 references that can creep their way into the gaming community, the better.

:thumbup:

Huh ... I have no idea what HK-47 is ... I thought I was being original. Ah well. :)

Anyway, one other one from the Pulp HERO game, though it was completely out-of-character and anachronistic (which is why I was hesitant to post it):

"Wonder Twin Powers Activate! Form of, a CAN OF WHOOPASS!"

Huh ... I have no idea what HK-47 is ... I thought I was being original. Ah well. :)

Anyway, one other one from the Pulp HERO game, though it was completely out-of-character and anachronistic (which is why I was hesitant to post it):

"Wonder Twin Powers Activate! Form of, a CAN OF WHOOPASS!"

You owe it to yourself to play the first Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game. It is available on the XBOX and the pc. Get it. Play it.

I've never actually seen that episode, though.

I caught a rerun of that one just the other day. Basically a terraforming project was disrupting their environment (the lifeforms had not been detected during scanning of the otherwise dead planet).

These lifeforms were capable of interfacing with electronics, and when they tapped into a universal translator system, they did indeed refer to humans as “ugly bags of mostly waterâ€

There was a fringe artist in the 60's and 70's named Vaugn Bode, the guy whose work inspired the movie "Wizards" by Ralph Bakshi. He had a cartoon of a female soldier (his art style meant she was wearing like a helmet, boots, and a gear belt and nothing else) carrying a machine gun, who was walking along with a treaded robot, which was talking and saying things like "You are an enemy, but I cannot destroy you. Your beauty has enchanted me, and I must protect you from now on." This goes on for several panels, the last one of which is the robot syaing "Now all I must do is kill the ugly bag of mostly water, and you and I can be together forever, beautiful machine gun."

Bode was always doing things like that.