Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I caught a rerun of that one just the other day. Basically a terraforming project was disrupting their environment (the lifeforms had not been detected during scanning of the otherwise dead planet).

These lifeforms were capable of interfacing with electronics, and when they tapped into a universal translator system, they did indeed refer to humans as “ugly bags of mostly waterâ€

Whoops, oh well, I was wrong!

IIRC there was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation which featured tiny silicon crystal beings which referred to humans as "ugly bags of mostly water".

I've never actually seen that episode, though.

From TNG's first season, "Home Soil"

Too lazy to fully explain the context, but it might be funnier this way...

A light blush, Aquatic lowers his eyes for a second, then smiles "Well, I certainly encourage the ladies to do what feels... natural." he meets Meghan's gaze again.

Then he adds, more to the room, "But I'd like to draw the line at disembowelment."

We wrapped up Session Three of Shadows Angelus last night. Here's a few I took down:

GM: There's a clade (replicant) rights protest in progress and blocking the street. They are carrying signs such as "Clade Rights Now" and "We Are Sentient Too."

Me: "As well as "Who Built Your House" and "We Are Angelus."

Mike (OOC about the clade Tyger): "Don't look at him son, he's a defect."

Comment on trying to drive through said protest with a very large truck: "Clades in the gears."

Sgt. Tyger (the clade) rolls a "17" when firing his 25mm autocannon at an enemy in powered armor. He misses and ends up firing *into* the clade protest.

His foe: "For Saint George!" (charges Tyger's powered armor)

Yar (OOC as Sgt. Hemleshot): "I'll give him (the foe) that."

Officer Carpenter blesses the squad, we all have +1 Overall Level. "You feel good."

"Ecto-uppercut."

Officer Jama on her purpose in life:

"To be the best sorceress I can be. To uphold the traditions of my family. To honor XSWAT."

The PCs are discussing a possible temporary alliance with a Demon Lord.

Dr. Faust "I'm not insane, She's insane" (points to my character) "and he's insane" (points to another character) "I'm a sociopath."

Koh-Rin [the fourth player] "Sociopathalogy is a form of insanity! Talk to the little hand, the little hand knows all" (Making talking motions with her hand).

The groups pathologies include Greed, Megalomania and plain old Amorality. The jury is still out which is the lesser of two evils: The Demon Hordes or The Player Characters...

A major NPC talking to my character about her take on the alliance:

"Your duplicity out does the Fey. I'm amazed."

The players are pretty sure it was supposed to be an insult, the character said "Thank you."

for the D20 crowd:

the group made up a new feat: Supreme Ancestral Cleave.

as long as anyone in your family is still alive,

I get to take a free 5 foot step and keep hacking.

Does that include the character who has the feat? :D

I can see it now:

"Sorry, you can't use that feat anymore. You whole family is dead."

"What about me?"

"Your undead, so you don't count."

:ugly:

There was a fringe artist in the 60's and 70's named Vaugn Bode, the guy whose work inspired the movie "Wizards" by Ralph Bakshi. He had a cartoon of a female soldier (his art style meant she was wearing like a helmet, boots, and a gear belt and nothing else) carrying a machine gun, who was walking along with a treaded robot, which was talking and saying things like "You are an enemy, but I cannot destroy you. Your beauty has enchanted me, and I must protect you from now on." This goes on for several panels, the last one of which is the robot syaing "Now all I must do is kill the ugly bag of mostly water, and you and I can be together forever, beautiful machine gun."

Bode was always doing things like that.

Heh. I'm more familiar with the work of Vaughn's son Mark, but that sounds pretty amusing. I wonder I can track that one down online?

GM: If I started docking XPs everytime someone did something out of line

we'd regress back to Teen Champions in 2 sessions.

Master Mega Villain has rebuilt his base for the 3rd time.

PLAYER: where is it this time.?

GM: In Baltimore, to give easy striking range of both Washington and DC.

(laughter)

GM: oops I mean NYC.

PLAYER: we'll find the northbound tunnel still under construction?

GM : yes indeed

============================

Here's some Vaughn Bode. I used the supercomputer Here in my espionage game

trez bizarre

A couple of weeks ago, an NPC mage asked my character (Kessa, the laconic barbarian), outright if she'd sleep with him.

She replied, sighing heavily, "The last time a mage took an Iceraven woman using his magic to aid him was during my tenth summer. I remember that all of the women of my clan hunted him down, staked him to the ground, cut off his hands, and left him to die."

The mage says, "So that's a no?"

Actually that's a "maybe" ... as long as he doesn't use magic he's probably good :D

That's precisely what ended up happening. Off-camera, though, because we didn't want to make the other players uncomfortable. However, they're convinced that nothing happened, that that was the end of that.

A loophole was exploited, basically, and the NPC was smart enough to figure it out, and JUST foolhardy enough to risk it.

If hes a Jedi, can he just fool around with her a little?

What!? They all seem to be missing a hand anyway....

:snicker:

We've just dealt with the aftermath of this mess.

To bring our viewers up to speed, the Skeleton Crew (the PCs) are confronted by Gravitar. She says that she has felt a disturbance in the Earth's gravity well, localised beneatg the center of the city, about 4 miles down. She intends to find out whats causing it, but as we had helped her stabilise her powers, she would give us 24 hours to evavuate the area before she tore up large chunks of the city to get to what she wanted. (she would have cracked the planet in half, okay. Can we say Sailor Saturn?) We manage to call in UNITY, and together with them and three of the five Skeleton Crew, they subdue Gravitar. (30" move through from directly above.)

UNITY then leaves with Gravitar, leaving the PCs to run cleanup when the PCs notice a large amount of press arriving. Myself (as Leatherback) and Orca are still exploring an underground stream that appears to lead to whatever is causing the disturbance. (When we find it, I am reminded that our GM is a Lovecraft Fan...)

The Stormlord leaves for his Mansion, having nearly exhausted himself in the battle. Serendipity flees in the face of the press. This leaves Vitas, a Gnoll Wizard (import), to field questions.

Press: Excuse me, can you tell us what happened here.

Vitas: Hm? Oh yes. I just captured Gravitar and sent her along with, oh, what are their names? Doctors Black and White, I believe, and their servants.

Press: You mean to say you just defeated one of the most powerful villains in the world?

Vitas: Is she powerful. I suppose you could call her that. My summoned spiders seemed to have very little problem with her.

Press: But she trashed Eurostar a few years back. Are you saying you're just as powerful.

Vitas: Probably more. I am a Conjurer of Athka-sahn, after all, and the strange warriors and sorcerors could never equal such a prestigious and powerful profession.

Press: Do you think you could take on Eurostar.

Vitas: There's that name again. Are they important.

Press: They're only the most powerful team of supervillains in Europe.

Vitas: Oh, another continent to this one. Is that one full of monotheistic heathens as well.

It went downhill from there. He does have the PhysLim: Unfamiliar with Earth Culture. But I would like to point out that the capture of Gravitar gets world coverage, and as the only source of soundbytes from the scene, his are repeated constantly. Combine that with Fiacho's enraged (when not taken seriously), well, Eurostar paid us a visit. Said wizard had to place all of existance in peril just to get out of it.