Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The only quotes from our regular game:

"Hey, Seth. Listen, those outdoor files came in late again and they were due last month. Ya think you can come in this weekend and take care of them?"

and

"Hey, no game today. I am stuck in cubicleland."

No worries' date=' I do it a lot, just wanted to mention it since this is such a great thread for its actual content (that may have sounded bad by implication, you know what I mean I hope). I almost was going to mention something else re the whole Hamlet topic and that's when I noticed that this thread isn't a regular NGD one or such and that's when I thought to mention it.[/quote']

Huh ????? :confused:

From a Fading Suns game that I'm in.

During a trip from Byzatium Secundus to Criticorum, an assassin (not a slayer, fortunately) tried to poison our party. Now while most of us were able to resist it's effects, the Vorox began to empty the last couple of days worth of food from his stomach onto the cabin floor, thus resulting in the following "off-screen" scene when some crewmen came to clean up the mess. For those of you who don't know what a Vorox is, think "four-armed-carnivorous-Wookie."

Tech-1: I think we're gonna need a bigger bucket.

Tech-2: ...and water-wings.

The players enter the Realm of Fae. They've all been there before, but the NPC, to whom the ENTIRE fantasy world is new, is staring and gawking at all the weirdness he's encountering.

Father D: "Now, I don't know about where you're from, but around here, it's rude to stare at naked breasts."

The NPC, in response, casts his eyes to the ground determinedly.

The players enter the Realm of Fae. They've all been there before, but the NPC, to whom the ENTIRE fantasy world is new, is staring and gawking at all the weirdness he's encountering.

Lina: "Now, I don't know about where you're from, but around here, it's rude to stare at naked breasts."

The NPC, in response, casts his eyes to the ground determinedly.

That was me that said that. :)

My friend Dillon started a Star Hero game tonight; all of these are from tonight's game session.

For reference, my character, Konor Hunt, is a smooth-talking free trader but is a spaceborn -- zero G is his native environment, so he breaks...easy. Physically he's a real wimp. His bodyguard/engineer, Roxas, is a full-body conversion cyborg with his brain being the sole remaining organic human part of him.

-----

Konor: "Yes, I understand...you in the government do not have a sense of humor. Maybe you could requistion one?"

-----

Konor: "Of course Roxas is going to go in first...he only has one squishy bit -- I'm all squishy bits!"

-----

Roxas: "Okay, so how much damage does a CD, moving at 1/16th of lightspeed, do when it hits a ship?"

-----

Roxas: "No, I'm talking about shotgunning a needle on top of the bunny."

-----

Roxy: I'm going to go looking for trouble!

Aiskon: Pointely hands Roxy a mirror

Roxy: Hang on a tick, I think I'm having a bad idea. OOC: "Just let me roll Analyize on my Detect: Bad Idea..."

Aiskon's player: I'd feel so much better if I didn't know that rolling a positive only makes her more likely to go ahead with it.

(I didn't really pay points for Detect: Bad Idea - it's just a running gag.)

In my champions game, Block-House is the typical dumb brick.

His father was Wolverine, and his mother was Spiral,

so you'd think he'd have more upstairs in the wits department.

recently he has clocked his rescue person, and collapsed a tunnel on himself.

another character pretends to be on the phone with Spiral discussing her boy:

She "says" : Well he's got his father's regen, and he's got my eyes,

but there nothing behind them.

Oh, man, how did I forget this one ...

First game of my Mystic Champions; one of the players wanted to do a Ben 10 Clone (which, annoyingly, he's doing using Bloodstone's writeups in another game), but that doesn't work since the characters have to be mystical. We brainstorm a bit, and do an homage where he can use the 'Elematrix' to turn into, obviously enough, one of four Elemental forms.

The first time he goes to activate the Elematrix, he crosses his fingers. "Here's hoping I get something useful ..."

Brian: "It'll probably be that little smart thing."

Danny: "No, there will be no Grey Matter here tonight."

Me: "Just remember, you said that, not us."

From last night's D&D game -- at the end of the previous session, the group had run into some brownies with sick senses of humor who transformed all of us into animal forms. Those with animal companions/familiars got to be normal versions of those animals, for everyone else the GM rolled randomly. At the start of this session, we're bringing a player who missed last time up to date. He's very enthused about "being a wolverine", I'd call him bouncy except he never got off the couch. (He's still on pain meds, which may have been part of it.)

After the third or fourth "I'm a wolverine!", one of the other players said "If you say 'snick', I'm coming over there and hitting you."

Which reminds me of a game that I was GMing. One of the things I do with reincarnation is that I roll a 50-50 check for gender. So when Aldon Topdweller, Halfling rogue found out that he was comming back as a Halfling, he was happy. When he found out that he was now a she, his player seemed suprisingly okay with it and immediately declared that his character was now called Ally Topdweller. I later found out why he was so at ease...

Me (GM): You arrive at the old temple and make your way up the long, stone stairway to the temple gates.

Grok: I will go first, as I am a fellow follower of Do, the Tester.

GM: At the top of the stairway, you find that the gates are guarded by a Halfling in a simple tunic and pants, with leather sandles and wrist-wraps. He introduces himself as Marlow and inquires as to your business at the Temple of Trials.

Ally: Is he cute?

Other Players (in unison with GM): What!?

It turns out that the player had decided that the reason Aldon was an adventurer was that he was dissatisfied with his life among his clan, but couldn't figure out why. The player wanted to play someone who suffered from Gender Dysphoria and was attracted to men (Not necessarily linked). Her reincarnation had been acompanied by an empiphany.

During my Champions game a few weeks back, the heroes were questioning an agent and getting a bit rough and threatening massive bodily harm. The agent said, "You can't! That's police brutality."

One of the players said calmly, "Sorry, we're not the police. It's just plain old brutality."