Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Lina is on the ground, having been hit every time she stood up, and casts a fireball from there. It hits, doing a fairly significant amount of damage.

Father Danaecus, who's caught in a plant entangle, says, "I could keep doing those ALLLL day!"

And for the most mind-boggling line all game:

Having learned where the bandits are, Gerard, the knight, declares he'll need a days' head start from the elves who will be helping him. The Queen arches an eyebrow and asks how he'll deal with all the archers at the front gates, and he replies, "I'll walk up to the front gates and knock."

The Queen, whose temper is on the edge from the behavior of these arrogant humans, replies, "My elves are NOT cannon fodder!"

A new player was trying toget where the rest of the party was in the wilderness, so went ot uy a fast horse.

""I've got my horse." *looks at character sheet equipment list* "Where do I stick him?"

from last nights game... I was having a difficult time with words (probably way overtired, I either can't speak or get a heavy NE Accent, last night the former).

Alacrity (18yr old speedster): You're interupting my homework again.

Jessica: I'll it up.. it'll make.. i'll out.. out it... *pause* I'll make out with you later.

That last part, while in character, was simply the player (me) getting completely frustrated with the inability to form a single simple sentence and just leaving character because of it.... everyone else thought it was completely in character however.

And for the most mind-boggling line all game:

Having learned where the bandits are, Gerard, the knight, declares he'll need a days' head start from the elves who will be helping him. The Queen arches an eyebrow and asks how he'll deal with all the archers at the front gates, and he replies, "I'll walk up to the front gates and knock."

The Queen, whose temper is on the edge from the behavior of these arrogant humans, replies, "My elves are NOT cannon fodder!"

Clarification?

Let's see...gaming Tuesday night...Thursday night...Friday night until dawn Saturday...Saturday afternoon until dawn Sunday...and now, Sunday night...

It's been a busy few days of gaming, and I'm just about totally wiped. :D

So here's the gleanings from those hours upon hours of Teen Champions:

-----

"So let me get this straight...your superpower is mafia connections?!?"

-----

"It's a bit unsettling watching a bunch of housecats go nuclear."

-----

"You want to marry a supercomputer into THAT family? Are you nuts?!?"

-----

"Broccoli's a fruit, right?"

-----

"Jurassic Squirrel -- ATTACK!!!"

-----

"Save vs. boardgame."

-----

"Don't worry, it's kosher ham."

"How on Earth can you have kosher ham?"

"It was a clerical error."

-----

"Don't pay any mind to what they say...they're Froot Loops."

"Yeah...the exotic flavors...mango, pommegranete, kiwi..."

-----

"The good news is God loves you. The bad news is some of the celestial bureaucrats under him hate your guts."

-----

"Okay, Lassie's clues are Tim, the microsingularity, and an evacuation alert...oh, ****!"

-----

"Some people have issues; you own your own publishing company."

-----

"Gentlemen, would mind not shooting superpowers at the shielding around the microscopic black hole?"

-----

"Don't make me go Chemistry on your ***."

-----

"On the bright side, we aren't banned from our own home room yet."

"Yeah, but that's just because we haven't figured out how to make it explode yet...unlike all the labs we've been in..."

-----

"Nyarlathotep, I choose you!!"

-----

"Just for future reference, the capacity of his rectum is seven large slices of italian sausage and jalapeno pepper pizza...though I really had to do a lot of cramming to get those last two slices to go in."

-----

Clarification?

Oh, there are 60 trigger-happy archers at the front gates of the fortress they're going to be storming next game. The assumption she made was that, if the party the elves she's sending to back up go strolling up to the front gates, the elves will have to sit there and draw fire to clear a path. And she's NOT sending them to back them up so they'll get killed - she's hoping to get all her troops back alive.

Basically, as she was describing how much of a threat this fortress is, he shrugged it off like it was nothing and said he'd just go walking in.

The only equivalent I can think of is if someone wanted to crash some high-security government shindig, and shrugged and said he'd go in through the front doors.

GM : You took a vow of poverty ?

Priest: Think more of it as a vow to" bum off the paladin."

Paladin: But I took a vow of poverty too, and I'm bumming off the dwarf.

Priest: " It matters not where the chain of life begins..."

In our last shadowrun session, we were hired to bodyguard a city councilman while a second team found his daughter, who was being held for ransom.

GM (As officious and snobby NPC): I'm not going to allow myself to be seen in public with this, this... riff-raff!

Mr. Smith (My character's partner): Are you Riff or Raff?

Mr. Jones (Me): Oh, I'm Raff, Riff couldn't make it.

Bonus points to the first person to correctly identify where we ripped that antique gag from.

M*A*S*H

Tranquility: "Robert, was your first semester as a freshman at Ravenswood this bad?"

Impact: "Well, not identical, but...let's see...stranded in 1826...alien invasion...dimensional rifts -- two of them -- "

Potential: "Did all that happen in the first two months of school?"

Impact: "No, not in just the first two months..."

Tranquility: "Then I think we've got you beat, Robert."

I really' date=' REALLY wish I was in your game. :)[/quote']
Don't we all. :thumbup:

Thanks, guys; hearing stuff like that really makes my day. :)

And in honor of that, here are a few more:

-----

"That's not a dragon, it's a demon llama."

-----

"Parts for combat waldos...$2,000

Components for a force field belt...$4,000

Not having to see an unshielded singularity...priceless!"

-----

"You remember back when Catspaw and Tranquility almost got eaten by that..."

"AHEM!"

"Okay, okay...so it did manage to eat Catspaw and Tranquility! As I was saying..."

-----

"So let me see if I understand this...you deleted an admin-level file from the core routines of an AI supercomputer without even checking to see what it did, just because the AI asked you to do that?"

"Hey, we trust PLATO, so of course I did it."

"You're doomed, you know."

"Of course we're doomed...we're teenagers!"

-----

"I am not going to fight an army of naked-mole-rat men!!"

-----

For context, the vast majority of this game took place in a whorehouse wherein many abductions of the, ah, workers had taken place.

--Despite knowing full well that the room in question is 'in use', my character insists on entering ... BECAUSE she knows the room is in use.

"Sorry, we're here to investigate the kidnappings. You're going to have to have a premature evacuation."

"Are the waitresses topless?"

"Why do you care, you're a girl."

*glare+eyebrow raise*

"Never mind."

"I don't care what you do in your spare time, we were hired to do a job."

"This *is* my spare time, nobody hired me for this. I'm not getting paid."

"I imagine the 'it's the right thing to do' argument isn't going to work on you?"

"Not really, no."

--We've managed to figure out who the next target is going to be, and go to warn her.

Knight PC: "We need to talk to Marissa."

Marissa (arriving when called): "Yes, what is it?"

Knight PC: "I--"

Me (interrupting): "They're after you next."

*mass glare*

Me: "What?"

--After a foe has surrendered following a pretty swift kill of his teammates, and is preparing to sell out his organization.

Knight, suspicious: "You turned on them awfully quickly ..."

Foe: "In this situation, wouldn't you?"

Knight: "No."

Me: "Yes."

*glare*

Me: "I'm just sayin' ..."

I'm in the middle of drawing the map for the players to see, when one comes out with, "We're in Ottawa. Shouldn't you write the word 'bunker' in French and English?"

The map of Department H quickly became unreadable...

Another fun one I was reminded of from that last game ...

GM: "She morphs her face into (the knight's) perfect woman, figuring that'll make it easier for you to talk to her."

Me: "Wow ... she has no knowledge of male psychology whatsoever."

Me (breaking character, 'stupid' voice): "Duuuh ... diiyeeeee ..."

Holg (breaking character, 'stupid' voice): "Uhm ... I like tomatoes ..."

Knight (hopefully breaking character): "My perfect woman has a face?"

So in Gary's STAR HERO game our characters (4 PCs and 1 NPC) are the last survivors of an Earth colony ship that suffered tremendous damage for unknown reason. We got kicked out of life support just in time to respond to an "alien" salvage ship that was going to take the wreckage for a private company.

So the aliens send a team over, we kill 3 of them and tie up the other 3. We then board the salvage ship and negotiate just long enough to hear something that sounds like a threat, at which point we beat up the captain and his remaining guards and hijack his ship. (This group is just SO American.)

But that leaves the question of what to do about the colony ship, which we can't take with us. We don't want to leave Earth data in alien hands and we don't want the bodies of our crew to be stuck in space. But Gary had told us that the colony ship used nuclear drive (essentially propelled at near-light speed by uni-directional nuclear bombs fired straight out the tailpipe).

So Matt, the ship engineer, says he can take some of those bombs with us and rig the others to make an explosion big enough to both kill the colony ship AND make it seem like the salvage ship was destroyed at the same time. As he put it, "I get to be irresponsible- with NUKES!! The only way this could be better is if we have Wagner playing over the PA system!"

JG