Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

These are from the Star Hero game that recently got started:

-----

"Code vs. Killing? I don't even have a Code vs. Mangling!"

-----

"Your eyebrows weigh more than he does!"

-----

As Roxas, the full-body-conversion cyborg, is hooking up a new (improvised) piece of equipment to his systems:

GM: "Everything seems to be working. Your systems recognize it as a new piece of equipment and synch it in with everything else; it's now operating there in the background along with..."

(interrupting the GM):

"Holy chrome! You mean thousands of years later Windows Plug & Play is still with us?!?"

-----

"Wow...even a computer can't get laid..."

-----

As Roxas, the full-body-conversion cyborg, is hooking up a new (improvised) piece of equipment to his systems:

GM: "Everything seems to be working. Your systems recognize it as a new piece of equipment and synch it in with everything else; it's now operating there in the background along with..."

(interrupting the GM):

"Holy chrome! You mean thousands of years later Windows Plug & Play is still with us?!?"

ROTFLMAO!!

From a stone-age fantasy game:

After we kill some strange mutated rats:

PC#1: "I examine the bodies to learn their weaknesses, so I know how to kill them next time."

PC#2: "Well, smashing them on the head with something heavy seemed to work okay..."

After a cave-in trapped us in a cavern, several of us were trying to dig out the entrance:

Barbarian: (watching us work) "I'm bored. Ready to leave now."

Me: "Well, you could always help us dig out."

Barbarian pretends not to hear, walks over to a beautiful crystaline structure we had examined earlier, and smashes it with his club for no apparant reason.

Me: "Your people aren't very bright, are they?"

Third player: (to me) "You're just now figuring that out!?"

GM: "As the crystaline structure shatters, the rubble blocking the corridor collapses into dust, clearing the entrance."

Barbarian player cops a smug grin.

Several players: (To Barbarian) "Oh, don't even try to pretend you knew that would happen!"

Summing up the day's accomplishments:

"Wow, we just discovered bronze, written language, profanity, the barter economy, and racism all in one day. Civilization really IS advancing."

One last one, requiring some explanation: my character is from a race of translucent humanoids, so our internal organs are visible. (Long story.) At the end of the adventure we emerge to find the stars in chaos, forming new constellations as we watch. The GM asks each of us what we see. I announce that I see my dead mother, watching over us and protecting us from "The Beast."

Other player: “You see your mother? Where?â€

Me: “Right there, see? That’s her spleen, that’s her kidney…â€

:drink:

From a stone-age fantasy game:

Summing up the day's accomplishments:

"Wow, we just discovered bronze, written language, profanity, the barter economy, and racism all in one day. Civilization really IS advancing."

Or is it? ;)

From Saturday night's Defenders Congregate Champions game:

Nighthawk to Tomorrow Boy: "It's all fun and games until you knock on my door saying "Teach me how to brood."

Fantastic-Man and The Mac Bashtee discussing what the Midgard Serpent (Jormungandr) is and the nature of Ragnarok:

Mac Bashtee: Think of all the evil from this worlds history coming together at one time.

Fantastic-Man: Like Voltron?

Commenting on the color of VIPER's blaster technology:

GM: VIPER's beams are yellow, if I'm not mistaken.

Warforge: So... VIPER has Urine Beam Technology, then?

Warforge is being bludgeoned by Ripper, who's using an unconcious Scarlet Serpent as a club. Warforge can absorb Electrical, Fire and Light attacks and always asks what the SFX of most attacks that hit him are. He opens his mouth to ask the GM something when he is interrupted by...

Fantastic-Man: Let me guess. You want to know if she IS an Electrical Attack.

After Warforge finally stands up in Phase 5 after being hit by Ripper in Phase 12:

Fantastic-Man: SO... Warforge IS actually in this battle!

(sense a theme yet, folks?? ;) )

Warforge: I didn't want him to notice it sliding into the darkness...... Oh wait, THAT didn't come out right...

Tomorrow Boy: Is this guy as tough as you?

Fantastic-Man: He's tough, but I think I can take him.

Tomorrow Boy: Is he as tough as Warforge?

Fantastic-Man: Pffft..... Who ISN'T tougher than Warforge?!

Heinous (commander of VIPER's assault teams and former sidekick of Fantastic-Man) picks up The Tornado!'s unconcious body, threatening to kill him unless Fantastic-Man and Tomorrow Boy bring him the warhead he was attempting to steal. Tomorrow Boy flies down in front of Heinous and quickly attaches his "Blitz Device" to Tornado!, teleporting him away.

Tomorrow Boy: Checkmate, chummer!

Malachai (Our War Leader): So what do we know of the Scaled-Squids? (Illithid/Lizardfolk hybrids)

Auric (Me): They like to suck face and their heads squish when I hit them. Actually, that last one isn't unique to the Scaled ones.

Vampire game. Me, the Toreador, talking to Dannington, the Brujah, about a new idea he had for mass combats. The Seneschal walked by at the end.

Me: So let me make sure I have this correctly. You ride the bear into battle, sitting in a saddle.

Dannington: Yup.

Me: Mounted off of the saddle are two large tubes filled with a napalm/water mixture.

Me: When you hit the trigger on the saddle, it ignites a booster tied to the shark in the tube and launches them at your enemy.

Me: The air activates the Napalm, turning it into a flying fire covered shark. The Napalm in turn, activates the 5 second timer on the block of C-4 in it's stomach.

Me: When it gets there, the flaming, flying shark starts biting because it's in pain from the napalm, and then explodes, killing your enemy and terrifying anyone outside the blast radius.

Dannington: That's what I want. A bear I can ride into battle that launches flaming flying sharks that explode.

Me: Give me a week.

Seneschal walks by and hears this last bit: What the hell is wrong with you two?!?!?

Dannington: We may need an exoskeleton for the bear.

Me: Yeah, we might, sharks are heavy.

The scary part? That was "Phase 2" of a 5 phase plan. Phase 1 was just using sharks as melee weapons...

The truly scary part? I should have the initial blueprints done in time for the next game. I'm drawing it, in real life, mural style on a 3'x3' sheet of paper and presenting it as a gift to Dannington.

Kingpin has been cornered by the hero goup.

Trap_Door splats him with an Entangle.

Big_Brother starts in with the Mind Control.

Now I as the GM have been really limiting Big_Brother lately because

of poorly worded mind control commands, so he decides to play it safe, real safe.

GM: what is your command ?

B.Bro: Sit !

which was great, it further ensconces Kingpin into the webbing.

so on Kingpin's next phase, he fails the breakout roll and the STR check versus the entangle.

PJ noted that all of Kingpin's brain was " pixelated over except the sit cortex".

The scary part? That was "Phase 2" of a 5 phase plan. Phase 1 was just using sharks as melee weapons...

The truly scary part? I should have the initial blueprints done in time for the next game. I'm drawing it, in real life, mural style on a 3'x3' sheet of paper and presenting it as a gift to Dannington.

Please find a way to scan and post/link to that image! :)

Vampire game. Me, the Toreador, talking to Dannington, the Brujah, about a new idea he had for mass combats. The Seneschal walked by at the end.

Me: So let me make sure I have this correctly. You ride the bear into battle, sitting in a saddle.

Me: Mounted off of the saddle are two large tubes filled with a napalm/water mixture.

Me: When you hit the trigger on the saddle, it ignites a booster tied to the shark in the tube and launches them at your enemy.

Me: The air activates the Napalm, turning it into a flying fire covered shark. The Napalm in turn, activates the 5 second timer on the block of C-4 in it's stomach.

Me: When it gets there, the flaming, flying shark starts biting because it's in pain from the napalm, and then explodes, killing your enemy and terrifying anyone outside the blast radius.

Dannington: That's what I want. A bear I can ride into battle that launches flaming flying sharks that explode.

Seneschal walks by and hears this last bit: What the hell is wrong with you two?!?!?

:jawdrop:

Dammit, my head just exploded.

:rofl:

Repped! :thumbup:

Those two remind me of XPlay's Johnny Xtreme.

Somewhere, the authors of WOD are having their collective heads explode. :D

The truly scary part? I should have the initial blueprints done in time for the next game. I'm drawing it' date=' in real life, mural style on a 3'x3' sheet of paper and presenting it as a gift to Dannington.[/quote']

The masses demand you take a picture first.