Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Dinner Party in the Marvel Universe. Various Heroes Attending.

Beast: The Papers all say you're a bad guy, Spiderman ?

Spidey: Well you see they . . .

Wolverine: They're flat out wrong, Hank. Spidey here is such a nice guy he gets out of the shower to take a whizz.

____

The players in my Post Apoc game have finally found some civilization, rooted through the stores, stocked up, and finally decided to check out the house with lights on just up the hill...

When Jack figures out they are about to fight Medusa he says:

"Man, I knew I shoulda grabbed a pair of mirrorshades!"

At first I thought it was a gorilla, not a bear. :ugly:

Next time you sketch out a grizzly, don't make the hump that big, you Malkie... :lol:

But that would be wicked cool to ride into war. One problem: how do you reload? :ugly:

I even bet those tubes are very specialized tanks with an internal water agitator and a "fragile" cover over the muzzle. Think some sort of chemical gets pumped into the water that ignites at some point, smashing the cover and propelling the shark? (I know about the rockets--those are part of the package! And the C4 they ingested already... )

Okay, ya'll asked for it...

The current uncolored "proof of concept" drawing...

Tenative name: "In the image of Caine, Dannington rides to war."

Great. Now I've wasted 15 minutes trying to figure out the best way to build a flaming-exploding-shark-firing bear in Hero. Is the shark a vehicle? An EB with a simultaneous HKA that has a delayed RKA explosion?

A HERO games based on everyone riding flaming, exploding animals would actually be kind of fun to play . . .

Dude...buy Summon "Exploding shark missile" OIF "launcher" as part of your Bear. Now is the Bear a Vehicle or a Follower?

Definately a follower. I mean, it can attack on it's own, right?

Put a lim that says the bear can't fire the sharks, it has to be done by the rider.

And make sure those bears are Kodiaks, they're large enough to carry this sort of equipment for long distances.

Hrmm... are the sharks reef, blacktip, bull, or mako sharks? I'd choose bull sharks, as they can breathe freshwater, but they're nearly as big as great whites...

And make sure those bears are Kodiaks, they're large enough to carry this sort of equipment for long distances.

Hrmm... are the sharks reef, blacktip, bull, or mako sharks? I'd choose bull sharks, as they can breathe freshwater, but they're nearly as big as great whites...

I would think great whites could hold more explosives. I guess it all depends on what sort of damage you want to inflict. Perhaps a Multipower of sharks with varied sfx? Variable Shark Pool?

I say you get the biggest mutant cyborg bear alive and strap on a basking shark loaded with fertilizer and deisel fuel. Since basking sharks don't bite, give the shark a pair of scottish claymores and a HK G-11 prototype assault weapon with caseless ammo. Oh, and feed Bill Seinkewitz a fist full of peyote buttons and make him draw it.

Then maybe we'll go out for pizza. Sausage and roasted red pepper. I'm buying.

Two from a recent game session.

One guy in the group met a lead singer to a band - she was performing later that week. We find that genocide is going to attack (genocide is just getting started as a major threat). They have a blimp with a cloaking device, and are going to dump hundreds of gallons of napalm onto the concert (the band are mutants, so the audience are mutie lovers). So that PC, who plays guitar in a local bar band, is backstage during the concert. The lead guitarist of the band gets sick, so he fills in.

We find the blimp, and we are doing the superhero thing, and have told the PC on stage to keep the people distracted. So during the fight we turn off the napalm nozzles (well away from the concert), and then the genocide agents shoot the tanks, and the blimp goes up.

The GM goes around the circle "What do you do" My character who is one the blimp, runs and jumps out. He gets to the guy on stage and says "The rest of the band stop and look up at the explosion, what do you do?"

The player jumps up, gets into a huge wide stance, and says with enthusiam "Guitar Solo!!!"

He then rolls a 5 on his PS Guitar player roll, with the explosion over his shoulder.

He kept the audience distracted from the fight. :)

Later when the team leader is calling everyone on our special team radio and asking "Status" we respond:

"Okay"

"A little singed"

"Not to bad"

"Rock God!!!!!"