Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Take your thread drift somewhere else. We're talking about shark-launching bears here.

uhhh...wait...

You suppose we'll be able to use that in Rob's game?

He gets to the guy on stage and says "The rest of the band stop and look up at the explosion, what do you do?"

The player jumps up, gets into a huge wide stance, and says with enthusiam "Guitar Solo!!!"

He then rolls a 5 on his PS Guitar player roll, with the explosion over his shoulder.

He kept the audience distracted from the fight. :)

Later when the team leader is calling everyone on our special team radio and asking "Status" we respond:

"Okay"

"A little singed"

"Not to bad"

"Rock God!!!!!"

Repped!

Our heroes finally arrive at the master villain's control room, bash open the doors only to find it mysteriously deserted with the ticking of a clock the only sound...

"Ah" says Colonel Bulk, "my arch nemesis Doctor Invisibility, we meet again!"

"You've got it wrong Bulk, can't you see that Doctor Invisibility isn't here? This is clearly the master lair of "The Clock Master" retorts the Silver Sail

"What if we're both wrong, Silv? What if that ticking is... a bomb?..."

A moment's silence descends as our heroes consider just how big the bomb's gonna be... :D

In our last shadowrun session, we were hired to bodyguard a city councilman while a second team found his daughter, who was being held for ransom.

GM (As officious and snobby NPC): I'm not going to allow myself to be seen in public with this, this... riff-raff!

Mr. Smith (My character's partner): Are you Riff or Raff?

Mr. Jones (Me): Oh, I'm Raff, Riff couldn't make it.

Bonus points to the first person to correctly identify where we ripped that antique gag from.

M*A*S*H
It's not where I got it from, but it's certainly the right syle of humour to be an alternate source.

Sorry for taking so long, but the motherboard "conked-out".

So, last night was the gathering. The event was hosted by the Nosferatu and the theme was, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Art would be displayed, costume was requested.

What better time to unveil "In the image of Caine, Dannington rides to war"?

I got up, delivered an expression 5 rendition of the original tale from a few pages back on this thread, and then we unfurled the Craft 5 painting, done in pointillism (Thank you Photoshop) that you see below...

I considered cropping the pic to just show the painting, but honestly, the reaction of the Harpy made me reconsider. ;)

I got 3 XP nominations last night for Roleplay, costume and presentation. :D

EDIT: I have no idea if this is linked or not, but I also became the Toreador whip last night (Basically, the second in command of the clan). GO FLAMING SHARKS!!! ;)

antonpainting.jpg

EDIT: I have no idea if this is linked or not, but I also became the Toreador whip last night (Basically, the second in command of the clan). GO FLAMING SHARKS!!! ;)

Ahh flaming sharks... is there ANYTHING they can't do?

From the latest run of Shadows Angeles:

Mike: Great, there's slime. Next there will be tentacles.

Nestor: And you're playing the only female (PC) in an anime-themed game.

GM: Tyger's prep for the trial?

Josh: He's...

Nestor: Getting drunk.

Josh: He doesn't drink.

Mike & Yar: He should start.

GM: The trial has begun.

Yar: Is it phase three yet? (looks around) What are the odds we'll have combat in here?

One of our PC's did not survive the battle with the illithid. So the player took over a Lizardman. Then decided to keep him rather than roll up a new guy. So there's a big party celebrating the return of the rightful chief and the newly "PC'd" Lizardman and our team leader (not really but he was the only one who spoke draconic) petition the chief to allow him to accompany the party when we leave. The chief likes the idea and gives his blessing.

Player came back and says: "The Chief has given Longtail and I his blessing"

Auric: "You do make a handsome couple."

GM: As you approach the bridge, there is a halfling approaching from the other direction. He is dressed in simple clothes and is using a staff as a walking aid.

Me: I guide my horse to the side of the road and wait for him to pass.

Martok (the Barbarian): IC- "What are you doing? It's just a pathetic little peck. Let him get out of our way."

Me: IC- "One. He his travelling on foot whereas we have horses, thus, we can afford a delay more than he can. It's the polite thing to do. Two. As members of the affluent, it is our duty to ease the lives of the less affluent, which he appears to be. Three. He's a lone halfing with a stick, and doesn't seem to be concerned with our approach. He's either insane, or extremely good.

Martok: "Bah. He's a peck and that's all he'll ever be." Dismounts, stomps over to the halfling and begins to tell him to get out of his way.

*Kaboom*

Me: "Three-C. He's a powerfull sorceror with little patience for bigoted barbarians. Oh no, good sir, we'll pick him up. Don't let Martok concern you any further."

Weldun's Code of the Adventurer #7: ALWAYS give way to lone travellers in simple garb.

(Prefers to play Giovani. Leave the preening to the Camarila and the posturing to the Sabat. Just give me the ability to rip out peoples souls and bind them and other spirits to objects for power. Like the Garou I have bound to my PDA, or the Metal Jagling in my Armani.)