Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Teen Champions:

"We need to find a way to keep Tim [Potential] out of any lab until no more than 3 days before any major school function or event."

"Huh? Why is that?"

"Well, with more than three days he gets too creative, tinkers too much... and then the next thing you know, we're at the night of the prom and the comic book supervillain he accidently brought to life crashes through the wall in the middle of the first dance..."

"Okay, I put all my combat skill levels into Marital Dodge."

"Uh, don't you mean Martial Dodge?"

"No, I got it right the first time..."

We had a thread about this on the old mailing list a while ago. I think it culminated with an argument about the price for "Marital Blanket Steal"...

Mystic Titans Issue #2: "Bad Omens"

====================================================

(Context: Spelljack, wizard with a sentient computer familiar, has been rendered blind by Vilsimbra of the Devil's Advocates.)

Spelljack: "I'll just have my familiar walk me around the corner until I can see again."

Me: "So, you have a seeing iPod?"

"You did say, 'make the circle work', right?" (If you don't get it, you're too young.)

"You did say' date=' 'make the circle work', right?" (If you don't get it, you're too young.)[/quote']

`Fraid I missed it too, and I've got 6 years on ya, CC. :)

Of course, I did have a 103-degree fever yesterday, so all my brain cells might not be working yet. :D

Jpork? ;)

Of the quotes from our last session, the most humorous were actually borrowed from a certain film by one George Lucas...

...but then what else would you expect when you send the "heroes" to VIPER's Orbital WMD that can cause "Death" from the "Star"s?

As the D-Jet approaches the exterior of VIPER'S Jormungandr Orbital Cannon -

Nighthawk: Keep your distance... but don't LOOK like you're keeping your distance.

Tomorrow Boy: *disgruntled mumble*

Nighthawk: Well, I don't know... Fly Casual!

In the Primary Rail Cannon Maintenance room, after the sudden explosion of a computer terminal caused as a distraction by The Mac Bashtee:

Tomorrow Boy (disguised as a VIPER agent, answering a call from the Security Office regarding status): Umm.... we're fine now. Everything's fine. Situation normal.... How are you?

An old one from our retired Sci-Fi game.

The PCs had taken an orc alive, stripped him of his weapons and armor, and brought him back to their ship to interrogate him.

PC: "Allright scumbag, you're going to tell us everything, troop positions, attack plans, everything. Lets start off with exactly how many trucks you have."

The literal minded orc's confused response: "Ha, you fool, I have no trucks, I am naked!"

That line has been repeated within the group many times since.

Eventually they got out of him that there were more trucks than he could count on his fingers and toes, but if each of his fingers and toes was a hand itself, then all of their combined fingers would be equal in number to the number of trucks his tribe possessed.

You would think that the PCs would have been more grateful, what with him independently inventing multiplication just for their benefit.