Rep Points?

AnotherSkip

Re: Rep Points?

If I may inquire on the topic' date=' what's the exact meaning of the color of the rep you get ? I guess green means you get positive rep, red negative one, but blue ??[/quote']

Neutral. Or, getting rep from someone whose rep is worth 0.

For instance, if Courtfool should rep you, you'd get a blue square on your rep page. Or if a newbie who has yet to make 50 posts reps you, it's another blue square.

^ v ^

Neutral. Or, getting rep from someone whose rep is worth 0.

For instance, if Courtfool should rep you, you'd get a blue square on your rep page. Or if a newbie who has yet to make 50 posts reps you, it's another blue square.

^ v ^

newbie I understand. But how do you bestow neutral reputation ? To give positive, you use the scale command, to give bad one the warning sign one. But to give neutral ??

newbie I understand. But how do you bestow neutral reputation ? To give positive' date=' you use the scale command, to give bad one the warning sign one. But to give neutral ??[/quote']

The only way is if someone with 0 rep tries to give you rep. Since there's no rep to give and it's not adding to your score, it shows up as 'neutral.'

Does that make sense?

To clear things up, you cannot give negative rep. That was a possibility when rep firs was instituted on the boards, but it pissed people off, and HERO Games (most likely Ben) removed it.

Llama and one or two others have negative rep values because they either A) requested it from Ben for inscrutable personal reasons, or B) Cheesed Ben off.

Keith "clearing it all up guy" Curtis

English is dead. Long live Ebonics!

As for "should I be including it in more of my posts?" IMNSHO the answer is "Hell No!". English is an endangered enough language as it is.

I disagree. The fact that English is constantly evolving is a sign that it is alive and well. The use of slang and foul language can be perceived as a lack of intelligence and/or vocabulary. The use of 'big' words can be perceived as condescending, self-important and annoying. Know your audience.

Using slang that means one thing to you and another thing to another is a good way to end up in a brawl...

Shakesphere got away with it unscathed.

Silence, thesaurus boy!

Llama and one or two others have negative rep values because they either A) requested it from Ben for inscrutable personal reasons' date=' or B) Cheesed Ben off.[/quote']

Inscrutable? When have I tried to obfuscate why I asked Ben to put me in the red? I was proving a point that rep means nothing and to show all the rep sluts how ridiculous they are. True reputation has to be earned and maintained.

Ben is a punk. :slap:

Re: English is dead. Long live Ebonics!

I disagree. The fact that English is constantly evolving is a sign that it is alive and well. The use of slang and foul language can be perceived as a lack of intelligence and/or vocabulary. The use of 'big' words can be perceived as condescending, self-important and annoying. Know your audience.

..and, indeed, know your author :D

Oh and I hope you mean 'Ben is a punk' in a good way :eg:

newbie I understand. But how do you bestow neutral reputation ? To give positive' date=' you use the scale command, to give bad one the warning sign one. But to give neutral ??[/quote']Nyet! Nyet!

You can only give positive rep, by using the scales. The warning sign sends an e-mail to the site moderator, and should only be used to report spam, obscene posts, spam, overly-abusive posts, spam, profanity-laden posts, and spam. It's nothing to do with rep.

'Neutral' rep is just what happens when your rep power is 0. Doesn't mean it's bad, the value is less important than the comment you write IMHO.

B.A.S. sucks

Oh and I hope you mean 'Ben is a punk' in a good way

What are you and your little association of 'yes men' going to do about it?

If you want to start a group for people who are under-appreciated, how about police officers, fire fighters, armed services or hell, even people that give blood regularly.

Re: B.A.S. sucks

What are you and your little association of 'yes men' going to do about it?

If you want to start a group for people who are under-appreciated, how about police officers, fire fighters, armed services or hell, even people that give blood regularly.

...and 'yes women' - we're an equal opportunities discriminator...are going to start a whispering campaign to make you even more paranoid. :D

Did you know llamas were Welsh?

No, it's far worse than that, Alice: You've finally become "one of the guys." :shock:

Perhaps you should adopt a "bouncier" avatar :snicker: or one which displays more cleavage to remind people you're woman? (Don't hurt me!)

;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooh if you add cleavage to an Owl does that make a Harpy?

:)

PS: Don't Hurt me either! My girlfriend will beat you up and then BEAT ME for starting it!!!!!