Freedom City Goes HERO!

Lord Liaden

I thought I should repost this for Champions players who might have missed it elsewhere on the boards:

Originally posted by Steve Kenson

For folks who might be interested, I've uploaded some Hero System stats that were written for an early (very early) draft of what became Freedom City. You can find out more at:

http://members.aol.com/talonstudio/freedomcity/fchero.html

Enjoy!

I've downloaded the file myself, so I can say that it makes many of the characters in Freedom City almost immediately usable for a Champions campaign. :D

You're welcome, but the real thanks goes to Steve Kenson for his generosity in posting this to the General Roleplaying board. I just moved it to what I thought was a more appropriate and prominent setting. :rolleyes:

And I'll say again here: Thanks, Steve! Freedom City is a great setting, and these conversions make it more accessible to Champions players.

• 1 year later...

Re: Freedom City Goes HERO!

I've noticed several posters expressing their admiration for Freedom City here recently' date=' so I thought I should bump this for people who haven't seen it.[/quote']

Even thought my system of choice for supers gaming is HERO, I own both the SAS (Tri -Stat Deluxe Edition) and M&M core rules. I havent bought any of the SAS suppliments but Crooks! and Freedom City are pretty damn good. I downloaded the HERO stats for Freedom City and plan on using the characters in my ongoing campaign. If Green Ronin ever got it in thier heads to post HERO stats in thier books as well they would pretty much be ensuring that I pick up ANY M&M suppliment that they put out. Saving me the time of doing the conversions myself is a life saver. Even if they wanted to charge extra for a PDF with the stats after the release of the book would be cool with me.

Re: Freedom City Goes HERO!

If Green Ronin ever got it in thier heads to post HERO stats in thier books as well they would pretty much be ensuring that I pick up ANY M&M suppliment that they put out. Saving me the time of doing the conversions myself is a life saver. Even if they wanted to charge extra for a PDF with the stats after the release of the book would be cool with me.

I do not believe Green Ronin would want to pay the licensing fee to publish Hero stats in their books, not when they already have the first or second most popular superhero rpg in the market today; Champions possibly being either first or second with SAS a long way off third.

The Algernon Files is a nice book published with M&M stats that can also be useful to you in your Champions games. I have been enjoying reading it this week. Now that would be a nice book to see double-statted or have a Hero pdf for.