Character Posting Game.

Enforcer84

Martial artist using an unusual martial art:

Background:

Isobella was trained in detective work by both her father Mycroft, her uncle Sherlock, and even Sherlock's friend Mr. Watson (he taught her the start of forensic medicine). She moved to America in 1899 to get out from her Uncle's shadow, but thanks to Mr. Watson's chronicles, the Shadow of Sherlock Holmes haunts her even today, providing an unatainable goal for her.

When she first opened Holmes Detective Agency, she was a woman in a mans world. She developed both a male alter ego to run the business and the costumed persona of Thunderfox to show what a woman could do. Durring World War II, Isobella dropped the male alter ego, but she continues maintaining the Thunderfox identity to this day. As Thunderfox, Isobella was one of the first women members of the Empire Club.

Although the Holmes detective agency has a very high success rate, Isobella's drive for justice causes her to take many cases for little or no fee, both in and out of costume. As a result, she makes enough money to get by, but not by a large margin.

Like the Phantom, Thunderfox is a hero who's career has spanned generations. Most believe that Thunderfox has been a succession of heroes wearing the same costume, a belief she encurages. Of course some believe that Thunderfox is a single long lived hero. In this case, they are right. Out of costume, Isobella fakes a new generation every 20 years or so. As far as the paperwork goes, she's the 6th generation to be running the agency.

Appearance:

Isobella has the classic Holmes features of a thin prominent nose and angular features. These do not look good on a woman. As Thunderfox, she wears a head to toe armored costume which includes a full face mask.

Personality:

Isobella is more than just the logical observing machine that her Uncle was. But still she's a bit distant and detached. Part of this is from her training, but part is from the knowledge that she's going to outlive everyone around her.

Although she has kept up with the times, her personal values were formed in her youth and would be considered old-fashioned today. For example, she never swears, and she doesn't believe in sex before marriage.

The main driving force in her life is a powerful drive to see justice done. As a result, she doesn't have much of a 'life'.

Powers:

Isobella was born with the power of eternal youth. In addition, any injuries she survives will heal without scars. Her long life has given her a gracefulness and smoothness of movement that are remarkable, while over a century of intense training has boosted her reaction time to be the best it can be.

Isobella's equipment includes an armored costume, originally leather, but currently light Kevlar. She also carries a colapsable walking cane (walking stick). This segmented hardwood cane can be restored to one piece just by a quick twist of the handle. This pulls the steel cable running through all the pieces tight, pulling the interlocking hardwood pieces together and holding them secure. She's considering getting a stun gun, but none of the commercially available ones would meet her needs.

Isobella is the last living practitioner of Baritsu, a marital art developed in England before the turn of the previous century. It's a combination of English Boxing, French Savate, Aristocratic cane fighting, and Jujustu throws. While the cane is only useful with a few of the maneuvers, any maneuver could be done with the cane in hand (it just doesn't help). It is primarily a defensive art, though with more than a century of practice, Isobelle has mastered to the level that she can take on even superhuman opponents.

But Isobella's greatest power is her dective mind, trained by the great Sherlock Holmes himself.

Name: Isobella Holmes (Thunderfox)

Player: Joe Senecal

10 STR 0

23 DEX 39

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

13 EGO 6

15 PRE 5

8 COM -1

5 PD 3

3 ED 0

5 SPD 17

5 REC 0

30 END 0

25 STUN 0

Cost Powers/Skills

3 Eternal Youth: LS: Unaging

Heal without scars:

11 1 BODY Regneration/Day 0

Regrow lost limbs

2 7" Running (14" nc, 26.1 mph) 1

10 5PD 5ED Light Kevlar Armor

4 +2D6 OAF Cane (4D6 w/STR) 1

3 KS: Baritsu (Savate + Jujutsu) 13

4 Low Kick

5 Side Kick

4 Hook

5 Jab

4 Joint Lock/Throw

5 Breaking Throw

3 Martial Throw

5 Escape & Thow

5 Disarming Throw

1 Use art with Clubs (Cane)

adds to Hook and Jab manuvers

8 +2 DC with Martial Arts

6 +2 with Baritsu

3 Acting 12

3 Breakfall 14

3 Bugging 13

3 Computer Programming 13

3 Conversation 12

3 Criminology 13

3 Cryptography 13

5 Deduction 14

3 Disquise 13

3 Forensic Medicine 13

2 Forgery (Documents) 13

3 Lipreading 13

3 Mimicry 13

3 Stealth 14

3 Streetwise 12

3 Tracking 13

Extensive Training:

5 +1 with INT based skills

2 +2 Perception with Normal Vision

Esoteric Knowledge skills

3 +1 with Criminology,Deduction,Forgery

3 +1 with Criminology,Deduction,Forensic Medicine

3 +1 with Criminology,Deduction,Streetwise

5 Eidetic Memory

1 English (Imitate dialects)

159 : Skills Cost

91 + Char Cost

250 = Total Cost

Disadvantages:

DF: Unusually flowing graceful movements (Easily Concealed by acting roll) 5

Psyc: Reluctant to Kill but will break arms (Common Strong) 15

"Psyc: Devoted To Justice" (Very Common, Total) 25

Psyc: Old fasioned personal values (Common Moderate) 10

Soc: Secret ID Includes keeping age secret 20

Rivalry with reputation of Sherlock Holmes (Prof, MP, NA) 5

Reputation as old, non-super hero (Almost always) 15

Q: Prefers not to lie 1

Q: Proving herself in a mans world 1

Q: Could only be romanticly interested in a man who was her equal 1

Q: Slightly distant and detached 1

Q: Has false Ids/records to show age 1

And since you won't find Baritsu in the UMA:

Baritsu

Cost Manuver Phs OCV DCV result

4 Low Kick 1/2 0 +2 6d6

5 Side Kick 1/2 -2 +1 8d6

4 Hook 1/2 +2 0 6d6 + 2d6

5 Jab 1/2 +1 +3 4d6 + 2d6

4 Joint Lock/Throw 1/2 +1 0 2d6 NND, Grab 1, Target falls

5 Breaking Throw 1/2 -2 0 1d6 HKA, Target falls

3 Martial Throw 1/2 0 +1 4d6 + v/5, Target falls

5 Escape & Throw var 0 0 35 STR vs. Grabs, Target falls

5 Disarming Throw 1/2 0 0 25 STR Disarm, Target Falls

1 Use art with canes

I don't have HD, but I could attach a Excel 4 spreadsheet.

Does this meet the challange?

Density

Density Inrease, usable as an attack, uncontrolled, continuous..this might get pricey.

And for the record, the original Star Boy's powers were like those of Superboy, then later, the gravity control thing...which by itself, lends well to a group...but not as a single character IMHO

Density Inrease, usable as an attack, uncontrolled, continuous..this might get pricey.

But that makes the target stronger. The best I ever came up with was Drain STR, sticky, only in regards to original target. Special effect target is heavy and takes additional STR to lift.

And for the record, the original Star Boy's powers were like those of Superboy, then later, the gravity control thing...which by itself, lends well to a group...but not as a single character IMHO

I know he's like that now, I didn't remeber that he started that way till you mentioned it.

How about I broaden my challenge to a character with Density Control as a special effect?

Mass Transit

Mass Transit

Player:

Val Char Cost
23/63 STR 13
23 DEX 39
23 CON 26
13 BODY 6
18 INT 8
14 EGO 8
18 PRE 8
8 COM -1
12/35 PD 7
12/35 ED 7
5 SPD 17
10 REC 0
46 END 0
37 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM00 1/2"/8 1/2" LEAP-4Characteristics Cost: 134

Cost Power END
25 Person Mass Control: Elemental Control, 50-point powers
25 1) Super Density: Density Increase (17400 kg mass, +40 STR, +8 PD/ED, -8" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 4
25 2) Move on the Air: Flight 25" (50 Active Points) 5
25 3) Pass through the wall: Desolidification (affected by Gas based Attackes), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 4
37 4) Increased Mass : Telekinesis (60 STR) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4) 9
26 5) Shrinking (0.1064 m tall, 0.0532 m wide, 0.0166 kg mass, -8 PER Rolls to perceive character, +8 DCV, +12" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable As Attack (+1) (90 Active Points); Limited Power Only to Decrease Mass (-1), No Growth Momentum (-1/4), Easily Perceived (-1/4) 8
45 Super Tough Skin: Armor (15 PD/15 ED)
Powers Cost: 208

Cost Skill
3 Climbing 14-
2 KS: Seattle Mearchents 11-
2 AK: Greater Seattle Area 11-
2 CuK: Seattle META Humans 11-
2 AK: Seattle Night Life 11-
2 PS: Fireman 11-
2 PS: Auto Machanic 11-
2 PS: Taxi Driver 11-
3 Combat Driving 14-
2 +1 with single Characteristic Roll
3 Mechanics 13-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Seduction 13-
Skills Cost: 31

Cost Talent
3 Absolute Time Sense
3 Bump Of Direction
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 379

Val Disadvantages
15 Hunted by Lockerbe Internation : 11- (Less Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total
20 Dependent NPC: Lisa Smith 11- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Unluck: 2d6
10 Money: Destitute
20 Physical Limitation: Missing Left Arm (All the Time; Greatly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Hates Superheros. (Very Common; Strong)
20 Social Limitation: Handicapped (Very Frequently; Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 29

Total Experience Available: 29

Experience Unspent: 0

Mass Transit Back ground

I re posted MT after I read I coudn't use DI with out the STR Increase.

Randall Clifton always wanted to be someone special.

He spent his childhood dreaming that he was the Boy Wonder fighting crime with Adventure Boy and Danger Girl.

It was little wonder that Randal became a fireman.

Randall’s crew answered the call on Feb 18th 2001 when Seattle was struck with a 7.0 earthquake.

Reports came in that Lockerbe International, a military research plant, was on fire. Hearing that there were people inside Randall moved into the building.

While doing a room by room search Randall found himself in on of the many labs inside LOC INT when the roof collapsed on him. The last thing he remembered was a sharp pain down his left side.

He awoke inside the King County Hospital to find that he had lost his left arm. He was in a secluded room because of the radiation that contaminated him when he was in the lab.

But the lose of his arm didn’t hurt as much as finding out that one of the rooms he missed while searching had a pregnant woman in it.

Star Fire, a local superhero, arrived moments after the collapse and was able to save the child and Randall but the mother didn’t make it.

The fire department medically retired Randall but the insurance didn’t cover half of his medical bills. A few months later Randall was working on his car when the jack slipped and the car came plunging down on him. He instinctively raised his arm to catch it and found was surprised to find that the car weighted next to nothing.

Randall spent some time and learned what he could do with his powers and tried to become a superhero. It didn’t turn out well. The limitation on his powers was he had to touch to affect some one. So during a bank robbery he tried to get close to the robber when the robber saw him and opened fire. Randall decreased his mass so the bullets passed right through him. Unfortunately the elderly man behind him took the shot in the chest and died. He captured the bank robber but it wasn’t easy with one arm.

Randall gave up his dream of becoming a Superhero and is currently driving a cab around Seattle.

He is thinking about using his powers to help move large loads over distances but he doesn’t want to tangle with the Teamsters.

A hero with Enhanced Senses bought as other powers.

A.

Originally posted by Fireg0lem

I don't think MT should have a 0 Range TK. FREd says that should be bought as Strength, NFC. In any case its redundant, since he can go to a 63 STR normally.

Well I guess if I used the TK to make his STR 60 you would be right.

But what he does is Increase the Weight of an object that it would require a 60 Str to move it.

That's how I see it anyway.

Am I worng?

A.

He wants to increase an object's mass, not decrease it. A 60 STR TK, only to pull objects to the earth (or the nearest gravity well) might be more appropriate. This is especially true if he wants to be able to touch something, increase its mass, and have it stay heavy as long as he maintains the power.

Originally posted by Zed-F

He wants to increase an object's mass, not decrease it. A 60 STR TK, only to pull objects to the earth (or the nearest gravity well) might be more appropriate. This is especially true if he wants to be able to touch something, increase its mass, and have it stay heavy as long as he maintains the power.

I understand where your argument is coming from, but even though it sounds strange the correct way to do that is STR, Only To Hold Down.

STR, Only to Hold Down, by default only works if he has to keep touching it in order for it to stay heavy. Maybe you could add Uncontrolled to allow it to stay anchored once it's been anchored, but you'd still have to work out END cost to do so, means to de-anchor, etc. Probably by the time you worked it out, it would cost the same as the TK in the end.

Re: TK conundrum

Originally posted by Benzini

Yes, Ucncontrolled continuous, at range, (or use the tk idea to increase towards nearest gravity source, he is, after all increassing MASS of an object)

If he buys Uncontrolled STR, and just wants to be able to increase mass by touching it, I would rule that he doesn't need to buy continuous or range to acheive the effect he is looking for. STR is already continuous to some degree (e.g. Grab) and an uncontrolled attack doesn't require the character to do anything to maintain the power other than feed it END to start with. Might be good to ask a question about it on the rules forum if you want to investigate further, though.

Lest people forget the point of this thread...

Originally posted by Argus

A hero with Enhanced Senses bought as other powers.

Of course, if that's too difficult (I certainly wouldn't know where to start, but then, I'm still learning), here's a considerably simpler challenge:

A robot meant to be evil who, through some programming oversight, shortsightedness, or accidental loophole, eventually wound up good. Since I'd like to see how you people would deal with individual parts of my pet character. :) -- Pteryx

Re: Lest people forget the point of this thread...

Originally posted by Pteryx

Of course, if that's too difficult (I certainly wouldn't know where to start, but then, I'm still learning), here's a considerably simpler challenge:

A robot meant to be evil who, through some programming oversight, shortsightedness, or accidental loophole, eventually wound up good. Since I'd like to see how you people would deal with individual parts of my pet character. :) -- Pteryx

What I ment by Enhanced senses as other powers.

Example

X-Ray Vision as a RKA.

Radar Sense as a Flash vs Radar.

A.

Re: Re: Lest people forget the point of this thread...

Originally posted by Argus

What I ment by Enhanced senses as other powers.

Example

X-Ray Vision as a RKA.

Radar Sense as a Flash vs Radar.

A.

OK, you've kind of lost me here. Are you looking for a character who uses Clairsentience and Skill Levels to simulate enhanced senses, or are you looking for a character with attacks that fall into similar special effects groups as enhanced senses? Do you want "The Ear," a heroic reporter who can target and track through Clairsentience defined as Super Hearing, or do you want "Dark Nostril," world coquering villain with stretching defined as nostril hair and an entangle based on sneezing on people?

Re: Re: Re: Lest people forget the point of this thread...

Originally posted by OddHat

OK, you've kind of lost me here. Are you looking for a character who uses Clairsentience and Skill Levels to simulate enhanced senses, or are you looking for a character with attacks that fall into similar special effects groups as enhanced senses? Do you want "The Ear," a heroic reporter who can target and track through Clairsentience defined as Super Hearing, or do you want "Dark Nostril," world coquering villain with stretching defined as nostril hair and an entangle based on sneezing on people?

What I was kind of looking for was;

Radar Man; Who can use his power to control Radio Waves to Jam the City... Holding the Airways Ranson.

Or

X-Ray Girl; Who uses her x-ray vision to give people radiation poisoning.

If this is to hard do something else.

A.

Let's get this going again. Not quite the sensory but I was looking for an excuse to use one of these images...

Rock Soldier

Alec Pratt

Val Char Cost
30 STR 20
20 DEX 30
25 CON 30
12 BODY 4
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
30 PRE 20
14 COM 2
15/23 PD 9
15/23 ED 10
5 SPD 20
11 REC 0
50 END 0
50 STUN 10
8" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
6" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 160
attachment.php?s=&postid=136884

Cost Power END
60 Radio/Vibratory Abilities: Multipower, 60-point reserve
6u 1) Sonic Thunder: EB 8d6, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Variable SFX Limited Group of SFX (Radiowave, Sonic, or Vibration; +1/4) (60 Active Points) 2
4u 2) Feedback: Hearing and Radio Groups Flash 6d6, Explosion (-1 DC/2"; +3/4) (40 Active Points) 4
4u 3) White Noise: Darkness to Hearing and Radio Groups 6" radius, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (44 Active Points) 1
3u 4) Reverb Strike: HA +7d6, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (44 Active Points); HA (-1/2) 1
5u 5) Broadcasting Skills: Hearing and Radio Groups Images , +/-5 to PER Roll, Increased Size (16" radius; +1) (50 Active Points) 5
4u 6) Self Broadcasting: Teleportation 10", x32 noncombat (40 Active Points) 4
34 Radio Broadcaster/Reciever: HRRP (Radio Group), +2 to PER Roll, Concealed (-2 with HRRP PER Rolls), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid (x10), Telescopic (+5 versus Range Modifier)
15 Radar (Radio Group)
3 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group)
20 Clear Channel: Hearing Group Flash Defense (10 points), Radio Sense Group (10pts)
16 Armored 70's Metal God Costume: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
15 Insulated Costume: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only vs Electrical/Lightning Based Attacks; -1/2), OIF (-1/2)
4 +2" Running (8" total) 1
Powers Cost: 193

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Jeet Kune Do (Jun Fan Kung Fu)
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 2) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
4 3) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 4) Grab/Joint Lock: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on
5 5) Kick/Knee Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 10d6 Strike
4 6) Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4 7) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike
3 8) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls
1 9) Weapon Element: Blades
1 10) Weapon Element: Clubs
1 11) Weapon Element: Polearms
1 12) Weapon Element: Staffs
Martial Arts Cost: 35

Cost Skill
3 +1 with Jeet Kune Do (Jun Fan Kung Fu)
5 +1 with HTH Combat
5 +1 with Ranged Combat
3 Breakfall 13-
4 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Personal Computers) 12-
3 Electronics 12-
3 Mechanics 12-
3 Jack of All Trades
4 1) PS: Musician (Guitarist) (5 Active Points) 15-
2 2) PS: Musician (Keyboards) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) PS: Musician (Vocalist) (3 Active Points) 15-
1 4) PS: Record Producer (2 Active Points) 11-
3 5) PS: Songwriter (4 Active Points) 13-
2 6) PS: Studio Technician (3 Active Points) 12-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Jeet Kune Do (Jun Fan Kung Fu) (2 Active Points) 11-
2 2) KS: Music Theory (3 Active Points) 12-
1 3) KS: Music History (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: Rock Music (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5) KS: Music Industry (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Streetwise 15-
2 Survival (Urban) 12-
2 Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 12-
Skills Cost: 59

Cost Talent
3 Absolute Time Sense
Talents Cost: 3

Val Disadvantages
20 DNPC: Bandmates 11- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs) [Notes: His band is loyal and they always try to "have his back" they are slowly procuring (legal) weapons, and martial arts training to act as his posse.]
10 DF: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Enraged: if friends injured/attacked (Common), go 11-, recover 11-
20 Hunted: Intstitute for Human Advancement 8- (Mo Pow; Capture; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
10 Hunted: Thunderbolt (II) 8- (As Pow; Kill) [Notes: Defeated Thunderbolt (ii) on an early encounter looking for the "real" Thunderbolt. Unwilling to be second fiddle to the other, T-Bolt 2 is now gunning for the Rocker.]
15 Hunted: Ultimates 8- (Mo Pow; Kill) [Notes: Thunderbolt doesn't want to be brought to justice...obviously. He has hired agents]
20 Psych. Lim.: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)
10 Psych. Lim.: Flamboyant, likes to be a "Star" (Common; Moderate)
10 Psych. Lim.: Hunts Thunderbolt (1) (Uncommon; Strong)
10 Reputation: Wannabe Rock Star 8- (Extreme)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Any Punk, Country, or Grunge based characters; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:300Disadvantage Points: 150Total Experience Available: 0Total Character Cost: 450Height: 1.75 mHair: BlondeWeight: 78.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: Picture Ace Frehley's Space man circa 78. With Blue hair (a wig).Personality: Truth, Justice, and Rock N' Roll. Quote:I am the God of Thunder and its about to get Hotter than Hell in here.Background: Alec Pratt is the son of a 70's Disc Jockey who instilled a love of music, and radio in his son. Alec joined a rock band when he was 12, got a record deal when he was 17 and then watched as the winds of change made grunge music popular. Unwilling to compromise his style and vision for the money, he and his band "Hero Worship" continued to play bars, fairs, and anywhere that hard rock/pop metal acts could find work. Their record contract didn't make any of the band members rich, but it did put them through college. Alec got degrees in electronics, music theory, and computers. He and his friends continued to play as Hero Worship and remained close. They used some of their money to make a studio and continue to self produce albums. Although far from megastardom, they were talented and enjoyed a modest, but loyal fan base.

Tragedy struck during one of their concerts when a battle between the Champions and the Ultimates spilled into the fairgrounds. An errant attack by Thunderbolt caused a feedback explosion that basically electrocuted half the band, for Alec, it activated latent mutant genes, and the young man lashed out with uncontrollable vibration/ radio wave based superpowers. When the battle was over, Alec and his bandmates were rushed to the hospital where two of them were pronounced DOA. The other three were treated and eventually released. Alec took a few months to retrain his voice and get more control over his powers. Once he had developped fine enough control Alec cobbled together a costume that harkened back to his childhood when he saw rockers as superheroes. Now he has taken to battling crime as he records and tours with a second line up of Hero Worship.

Powers/Tactics: Not alot.Campaign Use: Thanks to Lynn's Dominion for the image of my favorite.