Character Posting Game.

Enforcer84

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Rather than edit it yet again, I think Ill let it be. You can always dump it from the hdc file if you choose to use him ;)

btw, how are the export templates coming along?

LOL

Which ones?? I am in the midst of about 3 different ones.

Everything is on hold for the moment. I am building a database for a processing plant, writing a character creator for an RPG (not this one), and have a day job. Needless to say, the templates got moved to the back burner until I need a break from trying to make a living ;)

On the subject of export templates... the "Hero Boards" template in HD doesn't seem to export the background material for the character, so I had to do lots of cut/pasting for Ulfwyn (above). Am I doing something wrong, should I be using a different template?

All advice gratefully received.

Originally posted by "V"

On the subject of export templates... the "Hero Boards" template in HD doesn't seem to export the background material for the character, so I had to do lots of cut/pasting for Ulfwyn (above). Am I doing something wrong, should I be using a different template?

You probably want to take a look at the Free Stuff page --> Hero Designer --> Export Templates. I believe there are some updated templates you can use there. Specifically ExportTemplatesKS.zip. Killer Shrike has an updated Hero Boards Export Template that include the background info. See his various posts above to see what they look like.

Originally posted by "V"

And here is the Black Text on White BG version.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Hey Killer Shrike. I posted a character to Other Genre board, wanted to know how you include the picture in the actual post rather than just having it be an attachment...

Make sure the picture is added to the character in HD. Export the character as normal, and in the interface for the boards use the Attach File option to also upload the image. Then, once the post hits click on the image. A new window pops up with the image. Copy the URL. Close the window. In the original window, EDIT your characters post, and scroll down through the UPB text to the place you see <--!IF_IMAGE>. Look for the img src tag and paste the URL of the picture between the quotes provided. Update the post. Viola.

Originally posted by Morningstar70

I usually displace moderns into Victorian times. :(

How about the SON of a Modern displaced to Victorian times, who somehow ends up in Modern times himself. His father told him about it so he knows a bit about the times, but he's still a Victorian by upbringing? :)

Kind of a Terminator scenario with a twist.

vworp vworp vworp

Sounds like it might be worth installing some sort of time-portal with one end in Victorian England (or elsewhere) and the other in modern day wherever. Only works for original character or his/her offspring. That way we could have a character equally estranged from both times flitting back and forth and getting into romantic scrapes and misadventures as well as dealing with Victorian mastercriminals who are strangely also adrift in time...

I quickly converted an older pulp style hero I had from 4th into 5th. The Q stood for Quantum but he got tired of villians expecting him to shoot energy or some such silliness.

His background and such are still on paper as it were. I'll try and get those up tomorrow if anyone wants them.

Professor Q

High Powered Hero

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

17 DEX 21

14 CON 8

12 BODY 4

20 INT 10

17 EGO 14

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

8 PD 5

6 ED 3

4 SPD 13

6 REC 0

30 END 1

32 STUN 5

6"/9" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

8"/16" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 96

Cost Power END

7 It's All So Clear Now: +15 INT (Burnout 10 or less -1, Unconcious Activation +0, Only when performing an Intelligence related ability)

12 Iron Will: 15pts Mental Defense

2 Chronal Retardation: Increased Lifespan - 400 years

The Time Machine

22 Elementary My Dear Flux Capacitor: Time Travel (Anywhere in Time +10, x2 Mass limit +5, Takes a Full Phase; -1/2, IAF: Time Wand -1/2, x2 END cost -1/2)

1 Quantum Battery: (20END, 1END/Month Recovery)

8 Sword Cane: 1D6 HKA (Concealable OAF:Sword Cane -3/4)

30 Steam Punk Technogadgets: Variable Gadget Pool (24 pt pool, 6pt control cost, Change with Steam Punk Engineering skill roll, Only change in between adventures -1/2, Powers must be valid application of steampunk technology -1/2)

Powers Cost: 82

Cost Martial Arts - Fencing

0 1) Use with Blades Weapon Group

5 2) Ballestra (OCV +2, DCV -2, 7D6, Half Move Required)

3 3) Cut (OCV +2, DCV +1, 3D6)

4 4) Double a Double (OCV +2, DCV +2, 5D6, MUst follow a predefined maneuver)

5 5) Fleche (OCV +2,DCV -2, 3D6+v/5, Forward Move)

6 6) Froissement (OCV -1,DCV +1, Disarm, STR 25)

5 7) Lunge (OCV -2, DCV +1, STR Strike, 7D6)

3 8) Grypes (OCV -1, DCV -2, Grab 1 limb, STR 25 Disarm)

4 9) Cedutp (OCV +0, DCV +0, Escape Bind, STR 30)

4 10) Parry (OCV +2, DCV +2, Block, Abort)

Martial Arts Cost: 39

Cost Skill

3 Analyze (13-/16-)

3 Conversation (12-)

3 Criminology (13-/16-)

3 Deduction (13-/16-)

2 Gambling: Card Games (13-/16-)

3 High Society (12-)

3 Inventor (13-/16-)

3 Lip Reading (13-/16-)

3 Oratory (12-)

3 Paramedic (13-/16-)

3 Mathematics (12-)

1 Physics (8-)

3 Seduction (12-)

1 Stealth (8-)

Skills Cost: 37

Cost Perk

3 Well Off (300,000/year)

Perks Cost: 3

Cost Talent

3 Absolute Time Sense

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 260

Val Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Stranger in Time (11-, Minor)

20 Code of Honour: Victorian Gentlemmen (Common, Total)

15 Smug British Determination (Very Common. Moderate)

10 Unable to Resist Mental Challenge (Uncommon, Strong)

10 Sent Back to Own Time if hit by large amounts of energy (Uncommon, 11-)

10 DNPC Modern Day Police Detective (Normal, Occasionally 11-)

5 Archiac Speech and Attitude (Concealable, Noticed and Remembered)

15 Hunted by Chronos (As Powerful, 11-, Harshly Punish)

10 Watched by the Architects of Time (More Powerful, Non Combat Influence, 8-, Watching)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 125

Experience Required: 125

Total Experience Available: 10

Experience Unspent: 0

Background: Evan Lambarto was always the source of much confusion and concern for his family and friends. As a young child he would startle people by spontaneously scribbling solutions to problems that had many great thinkers of the time puzzled. His father, Hugo Lambarto, who was a noted doctor and thinker in his own right did his best to keep his son's childhood normal and took great pains to cover up such outbursts by releasing the findings under his own name. By the time Evan reached young adulthood his father had set aside a fairly large amount of money for use by his son. For his part Evan spent most of his time consuming books and tackling any mental puzzle that caught his interest. Despite his father's cautioning he would mail the local police with the solution to whatever case had been giving them the most trouble. Eventually a criminal mastermind managed to gather enough evidence to match the polices anonymous ally with some old scientific papers published under the name of Hugo Lambarto. Given the Hugo's reputation the mastermind began plans to eliminate the threat of the wayward genius. Evan returned home from primary school one afternoon to find both his parents missing from their home and the maid laying dead in the kitchen. The neighbors soon called the police and young Evan went to live with his nearest relative, his Aunt Perri and her husband. From that point on he rarely followed any flashes of of insight or genius choosing instead to either throw them away or simply ignore the solution that popped into his head.

It wasn't until college while attended a lecture on the theory of time and space that Evan once again became interested in applying his mind to a puzzle. Convinced he could use such knowledge to go back in time and locate his missing parents he began researching the theories and science involved in time manipulation. The solution presented itself as many of his solutions did, in a sudden flash of brilliance which culminated in a strange looking wand-like device. Entering what his calculations had determined to be the extact chronal coordinates of the day in question Evan activated the device and hurtled himself back through time.

Upon reaching the place and hour of the maid's murder Evan hurried into his parents home and came upon a scene he didn't expect. Standing calmly in the middle of the room stood a man in what looked to be armour of some sort. Standing frozen nearby were several men who looked like hired thugs with weapons drawn. Evan's parents were floating just slightly in front of the man in a glowing energy field that Evan couldn't identify. Without a word the man in armour looked at Even and touched some device attached to the arm of the metal armour. In nothing more than a heartbeat the man in armour and Evan's parents vanished into time and space. With his disappearance the thugs were released from their state of frozen time. A few harrowing moments later and Evan was also safley in the timestream.

All that remained was to track down his parents kidnapper. He determined that someone like the man he saw also had to be coming from some point in the future and any attempts he made to travel even further back in time to prevent the events he witnessed would be thwarted by his fellow time traveller. He theorized that his fellow traveller had to be from a point much farther in the future than his own and mapped coordinates that he felt would be a good place to start looking.

Shortly after his arrival in the year 2000, Evan became involved in a plot by a mysterious villian to mind control everyone in london, as well as a vampire serial killer who only attacked women who were successful in life. His involvement in these cases led to his friendship with Sgt. Brian Lambarto, the descendent of his Aunt Perri. This involvement has further complicated Evan's search as he is constantly trying to keep his distant relative from becoming the last member of their line.

Motivation: Evan is unable to reisist anything that he sees as a mental challenge he works with an almost obsessive compulsion to solve such puzzles. With his relatives help Evan currently teaches at a local secondary school in addition to his detective work.

Quote: "There's a soltution to every problem, you just need the proper time to find it."

Tactics: Evan tends to be reluctant to enter combat prefering to out think his opponents instead. The rare times he's expecting it he usually attacks as quickly as possible with his hidden sword.

Appearance: Eyes: Blue, Hair: Dirty Blond

Evan tends to dress in victorian period clothing or in modern clothing that closely resembles victorian clothing. He does not typically wear a hat as he determined such things drew to much attention to himself.

I can think of a next up...someone else choose one.

Edit -

Noted that the original player had included x2 End, and a 14- activation and side effect of random time jump if failed on the ex dimensional movement. I cut them into the template when i converted it but left it off the write up. In retrospect I don't like the Side Effect all that much really. I don't recall our GM ever even bringing it up. I adjusted the Template to reflect the proper cost. I'm guessing it was added to allow the power in the game, as we had a 30 active pt max on most abilities. Added his write up of the background as well.

Edit 2 - Math was all off. Apparently I need to buy Hero Designer or find/create a good print template for Metacreator.

Here you go Rage, I present Looker

Looker

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
23 DEX 39
20 CON 20
12 BODY 4
15 INT 5
12 EGO 4
35 PRE 20
35 COM 10
10/20 PD 4
10/20 ED 3
5 SPD 17
7 REC 0
40 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 131

Cost Power END
20 Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
2 Revealing Costume: +5 COM (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
3 Revealing Costume: +5 PRE (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
6 Fighting Sticks: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 31

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike
3 Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +1d6 +v/5, Target Falls
5 Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +5d6 Strike
4 Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
1 Weapon Element: Karate Weapons
Martial Arts Cost: 25

Cost Skill
15 +5 Martial Arts
3 CuK: Hollywood (INT-based) 12-
3 KS: Acting (INT-based) 12-
3 Conversation 16-
3 Seduction 16-
3 Oratory 16-
2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)
3 Disguise 12-
3 High Society 16-
3 Combat Driving 14-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Acting 16-
3 Acrobatics 14-
Skills Cost: 53

Cost Perk
4 Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources) 11-
Perks Cost: 4

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 250

Val Disadvantages
5 Money: Poor
10 Distinctive Features: Drop Dead Gorgeous (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Novice Hero (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Showoff (Common; Strong)
10 Rivalry: Professional (; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10 Reputation: Dumb Blonde 11-
15 Hunted: Suitors, lots of them 8- (Mo Pow; Mildly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
20 Hunted: The Gorgon 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
10 Dependent NPC: Agent 8- (Incompetent; Useful noncombat position or skills)
5 Unluck: 1d6

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Candy decided to becoma a super horoine after a bad break up with her boy friend and a producer offering her a job IF she whould work late at night...at his place. She decided to meet a good guy she would have to go where they were good guys so she became a super heroine, hoping to fall in love with a super hero

Next up...a simple one, a golden age hero with an animal motif