Character Posting Game.

Enforcer84

Well aside from the concept being a pun on his intent, the character itself was planned to be pretty standard. I usually find such desires to be pretty strange, what's the point really slap some powers and a high Com and Pre. There all done, sad part is your missing out on some interesting concepts for that.

That said for my part I have a high com / pre character called The Goddess. Her main schtick aside from some ungodful Pre attacks is her rather lotal legion of followers. The once or twice I actually played her I spent more time looking after what the followers were doing. Which was kind of the point really for the character, I had wanted to build a hero equivelent of your standard villian who has his henchmen do all the work.

Chalk it up to poor communication. Nothing wrong with your character or reasoning...I took the posted character as a martial artist with an interesting twist.

I guess my bafflement is the request for a "hot babe" itself. I never set out to build a good looking character, unless it works with whatever concept I have in mind.

Updated Professor Q with his background and fixed Time Travel Cost. Had to add 6 XP as I didn't want to include some limitation the original player in the pulp game had put on the power and didn't want to take away from anywere else.

Killer Shrike

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
18 DEX 24
15 CON 10
15 BODY 10
18 INT 8
15 EGO 10
15 PRE 5
14 COM 2
5/20 PD 2
5/20 ED 2
4 SPD 12
10 REC 8
30 END 0
40 STUN 9
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
3" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 107
attachment.php?s=&postid=77071

Cost Power END
6 Enhanced Perception (+3 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group (Sight))
19 Eyes of the Hunter: (Total: 19 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Infrared Perception (Real Cost: 5) plus Ultraviolet Perception (Real Cost: 5) plus Telescopic +6 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 9)
40 Force Powers: Elemental Control, 80-point powers
47 1) Death From Above: Flight 25", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (87 Active Points)
40 2) Force Aura: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED/5 Flash Defense: Sight Group), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (79 Active Points)
48 Force Projection & Manipulation: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots: (60 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles -1/4) [Notes: Projected from eyes. SFX: (Red) Force, which manifests with small barbs in the energy signature.]
4u 1) Doom of Thorns: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED) (60 Active Points); 8 Boostable Charges (-1/4)
4u 2) Hail of Thorns: Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. ED), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), 64 Charges (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Beam (-1/4)
4u 3) Nest of Thorns: Entangle 2d6, 3 DEF (+1 Additional BODY), 16 Charges (+0), Backlash (+1/2), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)
5u 4) Hedge of Thorns: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 5" long and 1" tall), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (+0), Hardened (+1/4) (60 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 217

Cost Skill
4 +2 with Flight
6 +2 with Force Projection & Manipulation
12 +6 vs. Range Penalties on Force Projection and Manipulation
10 +1 Overall
3 Breakfall 13-
1 Criminology 8-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Interrogation 12-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 PS: Accountant (INT-based) 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 12-
3 KS: Organized Crime (INT-based) 13-
3 Traveler
2 1) AK: Chicago (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) AK: New York (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) AK: Detroit (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) AK: St Louis (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) AK: Philidelphia (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
Skills Cost: 73

Cost Perk
2 Reputation (Dangerous foe of organized crime) (A small to medium sized group (organized crime, beat cops, street people); 14-) +2/+2d6
1 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 3

Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
10 Reputation: Vigilante 11-
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently; Major)
25 Dependent NPC: Wife Minnie, 3 children 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeance Seeker (Uncommon; Strong)
20 Hunted: The Mob 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; Limited Geographical Area)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Gravity Manipulation (Uncommon)
20 Susceptibility: Intense Gravity Fields 2d6 damage, per Phase (Uncommon)
10 Physical Limitation: Hard of Hearing (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)
10 Unluck: 2d6
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 50Total Experience Available: 50Total Character Cost: 400Height: 5' 10"Hair: BrownWeight: 160 lbsEyes: Brown/RedAppearance: Wears a black costume with a maroon and red cape, maroon eyepieces in a disguising helmet, and a red bird-of-prey head upon his chest.Personality: Killer Shrike's true motivation is unknown, although obviously he seems primarily interested in foiling the plans of organized crime. By the reports of other costumed crime fighters who he has assisted in the past, in combat he is taciturn, speaking only when necessary, and impersonal.Quote:"Run like the mice you are, greaseballs, Ill catch you all anyway."Background: Not much is known of this avenger of the night, save that he has been waging a war on crime for the past decade. He appears in the night, decending from above shooting energy from his eyes to confound and incapacitate wrong doers. His job done, he traps his prey in a corsucating web of energy thorns, leaves a card for the police, and swoops away. Most notably he has taken on the Scapelli Mob and the Tierney Mob on several occasions, foiling thier criminal activities and landing many of thier goons in prison. Both Mobs have a price out on his head that has stood for many years, uncollected.

What is clear is that the costumed vigilante known as the Killer Shrike clearly has some sort of Vendetta against organized crime. He has sprung upon the scene sporadically in major cities from St Louis to New York, Philidelphia to Chicago over the past 10 years, attacking mafioso fronts and dens with startling precision from surprise in one furious night and then disappearing into the shadows again to hunt another day. He often goes for months on end without making an appearance, only to appear when least expected where his presense will do the most damage to the dastardly plans of the crime families.

He has been known to assist other costumed crimefighters struggling against the mob in the past, appearing unsolicited to provide that aid, and then departing without a word once the situation was in hand. He also only seems to work at night; there is no known record of him being active during the day. He is a mystery to both his foes and the populace at large, cloaked in darkest night and shielded by anonymity.

Powers/Tactics: Killer Shrike's powers are based primarily on the ability to control and project Force. Using Force, he is able to propel himself thru the air and protect himself from damage. He is also able to project Force from his eyes and manipulate it in various ways but this process tires him and he can only use each trick a certain number of times per day. He also has phenomenal eye sight, able to see vast distances. His energy signature is a dark, menacing red, and when he projects force small barbs of energy are visible on the surface of the projected energy.Campaign Use: Killer Shrike can be used as a NPC vigilante in almost any game. He can provide GMs with a number of hooks involving organized crime in a variety of cities. Killer Shrike is of the Flying Blaster archetype.

Did the flying brick with senses and energy blast last week on this thread (War-Man), so here is a flying non-brick with senses and an energy blast ;)Next Challenge: A character whose powers serve as a catalyzier/booster of other super's powers

Originally posted by Morningstar70

Now that is a cool "non-Brick" flyer.

And... he's your main man, KS. Can't get cooler than that. I love the costume. :D

Yeah, actually I made him up just now on a whim -- I was inspired to play around with DC Animated Style templates by the running thread on the subject, and I needed a theme, so I figured why not. Then of course I had to make a character to match the pic ;)

Originally posted by Insaniac99

Buh-buh-BUZZ!

no challenge left!

so the new one is:

a duplicating mentalist

Hi. [smiles]

Name: Timothy Smalls

Alias: Tiny Tim

12 STR (02)

14 DEX (12)

15 CON (10)

12 BOD (04)

14 INT (04)

27 EGO (34)

15 PRE (05)

12 COM (01)

5 PD (03)

5 ED (02)

4 SPD (16)

8 REC (06)

30 END (00)

35 STN (11)

characteristics cost: 110

-POWERS-

67 Duplication: 3 '283' point duplicates (duplicates 'lack' the duplication power); Full power only (-1/4)

18 Shrinking: .5m, 1.6kg, -4 PER rolls against, +4 DCV, +6 KB; 0 END, Pesistant (+1), Linked to Duplication only when greater power used at full value (-3/4), Full Power only (-1/4)

60 Multipower: Psychic Abilities

u-6 Telepathy: 8d; 1/2 END

u-6 Ego Attack: 6d

u-6 Ego Attack: 4d; 0 END

u-4 Ego Attack: 2d; 1/2 END, Continuous (+1 1/4)

u-6 Mind Control: 9d; Telepathic (+1/4)

u-4 Mental Illusions: 12d; 2x's END (-1/2)

u-6 Mind Scan: 8d; 0 END (+1/2)

15 Psychic Inner Strength: Endurance Reserve 100 END, 10 REC; Only REC while in a trance at 0 DCV (-1)

12 [Kevlar Clothing] Armor: 6 PD/ 6 ED; OIF: Kevlar (-1/2)

-SKILLS/TALENTS/PERKS-

3 Cryptography 12-

3 KS: Foreign Cultures 12-

3 Spanish

3 German

3 French

3 Japanese

3 Linguist

3 Chinese

3 Russian

3 Latin

-DISADVANTAGES-

20 Accidental Change: Activation of Duplication when hit with adjustment powers; Uncommon, Always

05 Age: 55 years old (real age 78)

15 DNPC: Jennifer Malloy; Daughter, Normal, Infrequently, Unaware of identity.

20 DNPC: Grandchildren; Normal, Infrequent, Unaware; 2x's

10 Distinctive Features: Psi Presence; Not concealable, always noticed, with unusual

senses only.

15 Hunted: Viper; More Powerful, 8- Imprison.

15 Watched: Psimon; More Powerful, 14-

20 Watched: Primus; More Powerful, 14-, NCI

25 Suceptability: Sonic Fields; 3d6 from Multipower and Duplication every phase; Uncommon.

05 Unluck: 1D6

Brief background: Chinese American. Wife recently past away, son in law died four years ago in a plane accident, Both grandchildren professionals. (late 20's) One is law enforcment and another in law. Recently began working with Primus as an 'occassional' Liasion to variou superteams in need of a qualified psi. He keeps this a secret, and will not say 'why' he's working. Psimon is watching him, the reason is unknown, and a clash with Viper on more then one occassion has made him applicable to their 'hit' lists.

History: Tommy gained his psychic powers during his early teens, and practiced with them, never using them in any serious fashion. He worked throughout his life on his abilities raising them to the potential they are now. After the death of his wife, he discovered through the force of his will he could 'split' himself into 4 smaller versions of himself. He's not sure if this is an evolution of his natural abilties or something else. He currently works at HCU (Hudson City University) as a professor of Linguistics. Intense sonic fields wreak havoc with the areas of his brain that govern his abilties, and he quickly looses the ability to focus and project them while in such fields. His abilties return relatively quickly after he leaves such enviornments.

Eep! Sorry about that. [smiles] I'd been working on it since it was offered for a challenge, and I got behind. Wasn't sure if I should post in the thread or outside. If I get behind again, I'll just post 'outside' the thread as a general character share next time. [sheepish smile]

Originally posted by Ragdoll

Eep! Sorry about that. [smiles] I'd been working on it since it was offered for a challenge, and I got behind. Wasn't sure if I should post in the thread or outside. If I get behind again, I'll just post 'outside' the thread as a general character share next time. [sheepish smile]

Its cool, post away; it just confuses people sometimes is all. Maybe put a label at the top.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Make sure the picture is added to the character in HD. Export the character as normal, and in the interface for the boards use the Attach File option to also upload the image. Then, once the post hits click on the image. A new window pops up with the image. Copy the URL. Close the window. In the original window, EDIT your characters post, and scroll down through the UPB text to the place you see <--!IF_IMAGE>. Look for the img src tag and paste the URL of the picture between the quotes provided. Update the post. Viola.

I hate sounding this dense, but I cannot find the <--If Imag> , is it in the Export File I copied and pasted to the board or is it in vBCode up above?

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Which export template? I don't see it.

BTW, Thanks for all your help KS. I really appreciate the export with all the background information. I have the first one I think...

The Black and White template I uploaded a few pages back (ill add it again now).

The tags only show up IF you have an image assigned to the character in Hero Designer. Otherwise, the img tag isnt added to the exported character.

Assistance Based Character

Meet Spectre!

Background/History: Spectre found out that he wasn't exactly "normal" around five years ago...

...when he died.

After figuring that waiting for his family to bury him was going nowhere, Denzel decided to see what the hell was going on, and much to the surprize of the undertaker silently rose from his coffin, assumed a solid form, and left to go to the bathroom.

Since then he has figured out that although there IS a body in the coffin, he is still very much alive and kicking. Able to take solid form for short peroids of time, Spectre has taken to fighting crime (after a not-so-warm greeting from his family) in order to protect his loved ones untill they realise that he hasn't gone away quite yet.

Personality/Motivation: Spectre is motivated to fight crime mainly because of his wife; a successful prosicution lawyer. With some big cases going to cort shortly before his demise, people have started to threaten the widow, and her "estranged" husband will have none of it. Besides that, he doesn't sleep anymore so he has nothing better to do when the sun goes down.

Quote: "Stop or I'll make you!"

Powers/Tactics: Spectre's powers center around his ability to possess other beings. Once "behind the wheel" he can make them do whatever he wants. He is also adept at increasing others' abilities and sometimes lends a "helping hand" to supers in trouble.

Campaign Use: Spectre's dead...use him however you want.

Appearance: Denzel was a middle aged black man in relatively fit condition from a life of hard work. He appears just as he did in life, however when he's not solidified you can see right through him.

Spectre

Player:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
10 DEX 0
10 CON 0
10 BODY 0
12 INT 2
20 EGO 20
20 PRE 10
10 COM 0
2 PD 0
10 ED 8
2 SPD 0
8 REC 8
20 END 0
21 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 50

Cost Power END
90 Spectral Form: Desolidification (affected by Magic), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (90 Active Points)
35 Possession: Mind Control 12d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (105 Active Points); Skin Contact Required (-1), Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Mandatory Effect EGO +10 (-1/4)
16 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%, Usable By Other (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Linked to Possession (-1/2), Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value (-1/4), STUN (or BODY) Only (-1/2) [Notes: Stun Only]
68 Spectral Assistance: Aid: All 4d6, Limited Power Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (+0), Variable Effect All Powers Simultaneously (+2) (120 Active Points); Others Only (-1/2), Linked to Possession (-1/4) [Notes: Can only be used on those he has posessed.]
15 Spectral Touch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Conditional Power Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (-1/4) [Notes: Spectre can disrupt a living person's life force by flying through them.] 3
Powers Cost: 224

Cost Skill
1 Bureaucratics 8-
1 Climbing 8-
3 Electronics 11-
2 Gambling 11-
0 AK: Millinum City (INT-based) 8-
3 Mechanics 11-
1 Paramedics 8-
7 Power (EGO-based) 15-
2 PS: Construction Worker 11-
5 SS: Civil Engineering (INT-based) 13-
Skills Cost: 25

Cost Perk
3 Anonymity [Notes: He's suposed to be dead.]
7 Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Contact is slavishly loyal to character) 8-
Perks Cost: 10

Total Character Cost: 309

Val Disadvantages
20 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence) [Notes: He somehow managed to piss off agents of DEMON who now want him for study.]
5 Money: 0 Poor [Notes: Being dead makes employment a little hard...]
15 Physical Limitation: Cannot hold onto anything when incorporeal (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)
10 Psychological Limitation: Must see justice done (just has to meddle) (Common; Moderate)
10 Rivalry: Romantic (Rivalry for Ex-Wife; Rival is Significantly More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry) [Notes: The president of his wife's law firm is going after his wife, and Spectre 'll have nothing of it.]
20 Susceptibility: Holy Ground 1d6 damage, per Segment (Uncommon) [Notes: Can't stand to be within sanctified grounds tended by true believers.]
10 Susceptibility: Contact with blessed symbols 1d6 damage, Instant (Common) [Notes: Crosses, insence, etc...]
20 Accidental Change: Stress 14- (Common) [Notes: When faced with stress, Spectre sometimes switches from solid to non-solid, or vice-versa.]

Disadvantage Points: 110

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Edit: Note: he should have 25 pts allocated to total life support but I forgot...teach me to create characters late at night with almost no sleep :D

Next Up: A secluded pad! That's right...gimme an exotic base!