Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

TheQuestionMan

Re: Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

There is further verification if you look through the very first graphic novels. I can't recall right off' date=' but I think it's in #2 that you get to see Counselor Hebi talk to Lord Hikiji himself. It's very obvious that he's 'hyoo-man.'[/quote']

Correct. There are several other times he appears, in armor and out, but this is the one time where you can tell, 100%, he is human. Oh, and his five fingers give him away when he is in armor.

I stand corrected' date=' although having scoured my collection I only find one image of Hikiji in battle armor and the armored mask he wears covers most of his face. I'm willing to trust the word of my peers.[/quote']

See above.

Also just noticed this passage in the UY RPG: Humans are rare in Usagi's world' date=' and when they appear, they usually aren't very nice. Witness the monsterous Ocho, the mysterious demon piper, and of course the evil Lord Hikiji.[/quote']

Ocho is the werebeast I mentioned. I don't recall the demon piper, but I may have missed that story (although I do have UY volumes 1-18).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. There are several other times he appears' date=' in armor and out, but this is the one time where you can tell, 100%, he is human. Oh, and his five fingers give him away when he is in armor.[/quote']

Not having read Usagi Yojimbo, I don't know if it's ever mentioned, but I would imagine that seeing something that moves like a "person" (I have no idea if they differentiate name-wise between different animals), and probably even sounds like a person, but has such... deformed hands. Not to mention the whole hairless part.

Ewww.

Not having read Usagi Yojimbo' date=' I don't know if it's ever mentioned, but I would imagine that seeing something that moves like a "person" (I have no idea if they differentiate name-wise between different animals), and probably even sounds like a person, but has such... deformed hands. Not to mention the whole hairless part.[/quote']

It's not remarked on.

Hmm.. I just remembered -- waaayyy back in like UY Volume... 5 or 7 or something, you see Councilor Hebi talking to Hikiji and that is where you see him out of armor, in courtly dress, and you see he is a human. And there is no special status for humans that I have seen.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has Anthropomorphics at various levels of development. I wonder if there is a way to Adapt them to Hero System?

Thanks in advance.

QM

Palladium did a great job with the TMNT settng (from the comics). It of course followed their rules set so it should be similar to the Robotech/Rifts conversions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My postCyberpunk setting features two kinds of 'almost furries':

Human Anthros - humans with animal DNA to spice them up. think 'anime catgirl' as one visual for lack of a better example. Built as 'toys' for humanity, the majority of them were a violation of a Japanese patent held by 'Genki Neko' (happy cat) and within 'UN controlled space' their existance is now illegal as a result of a WTO ruling - so they've floaded the outer system's independant nations and brought with them the psych issues of races of people engineered to be 'passive toys' who want to be free of their own enslaving minds.

Animal Anthros - animals uplifted for use in infantry and special forces. Think furries on PcP thrown into a kill zone. Or post war, think of a bunch of semi-psychotic vets with all kinds of health issues tossed out and told to 'fend for themselves' - put bands of them in space plaguing the 'solar highways' as 'posthuman era bandits'. Possibly in the employ of various governments out to make trade more difficult for their competitors, or various terrorist groups out to change the balance of society.

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/SciFi/

I've only got one visual for them at present:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16348485/ - the figure at left.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14429296/ - used as the cover for the PDF of my setting.

My postCyberpunk setting features two kinds of 'almost furries':

Human Anthros - humans with animal DNA to spice them up. think 'anime catgirl' as one visual for lack of a better example. Built as 'toys' for humanity, the majority of them were a violation of a Japanese patent held by 'Genki Neko' (happy cat) and within 'UN controlled space' their existance is now illegal as a result of a WTO ruling - so they've floaded the outer system's independant nations and brought with them the psych issues of races of people engineered to be 'passive toys' who want to be free of their own enslaving minds.

KAZEI 5 uses the genetically engineered catgirl concept as well. Most have just the cat's ears, some have tails. Others may even have fully-body fur and the like.

Palladium did a great job with the TMNT settng (from the comics). It of course followed their rules set so it should be similar to the Robotech/Rifts conversions.

Yes, that's what got me into Robotech in the first place. The dream of stomping on those turtles with a giant robot. :eg:

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the link. I believe it ought to include The Kevin & Kell RPG from Comstar, but as I am the author of that book it would be a conflict of interest for me to add it myself.

Thanks for the link. I believe it ought to include The Kevin & Kell RPG from Comstar' date=' but as I am the author of that book it would be a conflict of interest for me to add it myself.[/quote']

Uhm... why? There's no commercial intent to this list and I know people who have developed something create wiki articles about it.

No. But I fail to see how this would result in such a thing.

The reason is that the most prominent and vocal Wikipedians (the one for whom Wikipedia is something akin to a way of life) have a distinct aversion to anything that even resembles self-promotion by other Wikipedia editors. They tend to report them to the ASdmins, who have the power to ban the guilty user -- frequently on the spot, without even bothering to ask what their side of the story is -- and to delete the offending entry.

That is why there is no article on HeartQuest; the only people qualified to write it by knowledge that I know of are disqualified from writing it because of this perceived conflict of interest.

The reason is that the most prominent and vocal Wikipedians (the one for whom Wikipedia is something akin to a way of life) have a distinct aversion to anything that even resembles self-promotion by other Wikipedia editors. They tend to report them to the ASdmins, who have the power to ban the guilty user -- frequently on the spot, without even bothering to ask what their side of the story is -- and to delete the offending entry.

That is why there is no article on HeartQuest; the only people qualified to write it by knowledge that I know of are disqualified from writing it because of this perceived conflict of interest.

No offense to anybody, but that really sounds stupid. (The policy, not you.)

Usagi Yojimbo is proof that you can have a (at times) dead serious "funny animals" universe and make it work.

Oh, and I own FUZZY PIRATES. Great background material, utterly crappy game engine.

Amen to that. Halogen Engine was only recently replaced by FATAL as a game I wouldn't even offer to my worst enemy.

Would Carl Barks Disney characters count as "Furries"? :straight:

Also, no mention of the old "Justifiers" RPG? I had fun playing it back in the days. I heard rumors of an upcoming new edition, but I can't find a link right now.

I never heard of Justifiers, but Disney characters (the animal-like ones) certain count as furry, as do most of the Looney Tunes.

Admittedly, I've always wanted to run a campaign set in the Star Fox universe from Nintendo (ignoring the grave assault on the franchise that was Star Fox Assault)

They want to have a stance of neutrality. And that's how they do that.

Then again, Wikipedians sometimes take this to absurd lengths. The Neutral Point of View policy is about as impractical, particualrly when referring to such hot-button topics as religion and politics, as the ideal of journalstic objectivity. Everyone who writes anything anywhere comes into it with a point of view, simply because they are human beings -- the Wikipedian ideal is that if enough people contribute to a controversial topic it will eventually result in a balanced article.

Of course, Wikipedia's goal is to create "an encyclopedia that anyone can edit", which is an obvious logical self-contradiction. Infamously, it took the community three months to notice that "the third-largest city in Lebanon", on an island off its coast, as referred to in one of its articles, does not actually exist.