Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

TheQuestionMan

Re: Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has Anthropomorphics at various levels of development. I wonder if there is a way to Adapt them to Hero System?

Thanks in advance.

QM

I had a friend write them up in 3rd edition rules. He used duplication x4, 0End, Always on, and built the four characters with martial arts, nearly identical stats, and gave each of them a HTH weapon with ~8 dice (equivalent) damage. Plus some armor because of their carapaces.

And, I provide a link to Youtube so you can watch the music video

. I don't know if any of you will find it useful, but it's relevant!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! This Thread has been dormant for a while.

Whups! I forgot to check if the post I replied to was past it's "freshness date". Some boards frown on necroposting. Does this mean I'm subject to disciplinary action?

Glad you found it of interest. Could you post your friend's work?

Alas, that was about 20 years ago and 3,000 miles distant. (Short answer: No.)

Sorry.

Hero's boards have a higher tolerance for thread necromancy than some others I deal with. You should be all right, at least here.

As far as the Dog Police video goes, the misogyny aside (and that was a fairly massive part of the '80s scene) I'm reminded of the idea of a were-canine subculture that has its own organization for keepings its own from unwelcome human scrutiny. One of the principle elements of Vampire: the Masquerade was that vampires policed and punished their own so that the mortals wouldn't hunt them down, but given that vampires must engage in morally reprehensible behavior simply to survive there is only so far that can go.

Whups! I forgot to check if the post I replied to was past it's "freshness date". Some boards frown on necroposting. Does this mean I'm subject to disciplinary action?

No problem, it was just a surprise is all.

Alas' date=' that was about 20 years ago and 3,000 miles distant. (Short answer: [i']No.[/i]).

That sucks.

Sorry.

You better be. You better be.

QM

• 4 weeks later...

That has got to be the most brilliant piece of fanfic I've ever seen done. I just hope for the artist/writer's sake it isn't "good enough to sue".

It would be if you had to pay to see it. Fish is a professional musician who's familiar with copyright and "fair use" laws, and made certain all Disney could do was admire his work and (possibly) fume.

You might also want to look at The Great Mouse Detective, aka Basil of Baker Street, a rodent Holmes pastiche made by Disney in the late '80s. It is largely notable as having one of the first CGI sequences ever used in a cel-based animated feature (a chase in the clock tower of Big Ben that was breathtaking, especially for the time) and a wonderfully self-referential villainous turn by Vincent Price.

Oddly, despite being a well-paced movie and the groundbreaking technology used in its creation, The Great Mouse Detective was not a commercial success. But the experience of the animators on the project would prove vital to the Disney renaissance that soon followed on both the large and small screens.

• 7 months later...

You might also want to look at The Great Mouse Detective' date=' aka [i']Basil of Baker Street[/i], a rodent Holmes pastiche made by Disney in the late '80s. It is largely notable as having one of the first CGI sequences ever used in a cel-based animated feature (a chase in the clock tower of Big Ben that was breathtaking, especially for the time) and a wonderfully self-referential villainous turn by Vincent Price.

Oddly, despite being a well-paced movie and the groundbreaking technology used in its creation, The Great Mouse Detective was not a commercial success. But the experience of the animators on the project would prove vital to the Disney renaissance that soon followed on both the large and small screens.

iirc, the production also got reamed for the table-dancing scene.

Spellsinger is quite a good example of fairly serious furries in a sword and sorcery/gritty fantasy setting. It was actually written by Alan Dean Foster which surprised me when I first discovered it.

It includes those implacable foes of civilisation the Plated Folk, (anthro insects), and even spiders. As in some other settings lizards serve as cattle and beasts of burden and there are no non anthro versions of the various races. There are various other little quirks such as the fact that most of the furries are shorter than terrestrial humans, including native humans.

It's worth a look, if only to see the Marxist dragon and witness demonic folk music - 'the song of despair'.

Here's the wikipedia article; such as it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellsinger

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

It would be if you had to pay to see it. Fish is a professional musician who's familiar with copyright and "fair use" laws' date=' and made certain all Disney could do was admire his work and (possibly) fume.[/quote']

Did FIsh used to hang out At Brookhaven Community College? IF So I have met him.

Did FIsh used to hang out At Brookhaven Community College? IF So I have met him.

I dunno. I never met him myself.

BTW, the story Of Mice and Mayhem is no longer available at its former site. you may find it =>>here<<=, instead.

Something extra: