Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anthropomorphic/Furry HERO Resources

The content for the CatS**One posted has been blocked for copyright reasons to my utter lack of surprise.

A good way to port the settings for Ironclaw and Jadeclaw to Hero would be interesting. The games did have a tendency to try and be everything to everyone, but they do represent fantasy worlds that have no true monsters (and thus no way or reason to go dungeon-crawling).

The content for the CatS**One posted has been blocked for copyright reasons to my utter lack of surprise.

A good way to port the settings for Ironclaw and Jadeclaw to Hero would be interesting. The games did have a tendency to try and be everything to everyone, but they do represent fantasy worlds that have no true monsters (and thus no way or reason to go dungeon-crawling).

Not much work on porting Iron Claw. It's just middle ages Europe with anthros. Not sure on Jade Claw. The 'hard' part might be magic systems.

In any such setting, templates for various species becomes important, as different animal species replace the traditional fantasy races.

In the mid-Eighties I used to run a roll-your-own fantasy campaign with "furry" nonhumans as well as largish intelligent birds with fingers like archeopteryx. The birds were too heavy to fly but could glide without using magic.

That was about the time that Fantasy Hero (and other Champions offshoots) started appearing in our FLGS.

Not much work on porting Iron Claw. It's just middle ages Europe with anthros. Not sure on Jade Claw. The 'hard' part might be magic systems.

I found the Ironclaw magic system very limited in terms of the number and variety of spells available. Maybe the new edition has done something about that, maybe it hasn't. You would have to seriously divorce the setting from the system to do it in Hero. resulting in a more flexible hybrid game.

Jadeclaw would be interesting in a Wuxia sort of way. Definitely emphasized martial arts over what magic there was.

I found the Ironclaw magic system very limited in terms of the number and variety of spells available. Maybe the new edition has done something about that, maybe it hasn't. You would have to seriously divorce the setting from the system to do it in Hero. resulting in a more flexible hybrid game.

Jadeclaw would be interesting in a Wuxia sort of way. Definitely emphasized martial arts over what magic there was.

Is this the same system as Furry Pirates? Because I recall that as having an awful RPG system.

Is this the same system as Furry Pirates? Because I recall that as having an awful RPG system.

No, different systems and different publishers. Ironclaw/Jadeclaw uses a system where you and your opponent both roll a set of various sized dice depending on their abilities and the player with the highest score on any of the dice wins.

No' date=' different systems and different publishers. Ironclaw/Jadeclaw uses a system where you and your opponent both roll a set of various sized dice depending on their abilities and the player with the highest score on any of the dice wins.[/quote']

Sounds a little like Savage Worlds.

Sounds a little like Savage Worlds.

A little except that you never total the rolls. High die wins.

Let's say you're rolling a d8 and a d12. Your opponent is rolling a single d10. You roll a 4 on the d8 and a 5 on the d12. Your opponent rolls an 8 on the d10. Even though you totaled higher than he did (9 vs. 8) he still wins because he got the high single die. I'm not convinced the designers paid much attention to probability theory.

• 1 year later...