The Ultimate Vehicle...

Game Show Man

Originally posted by Nato

I'm glad you like the cover Bob! Since it's mainly your baby, that means a lot. I haven't been able to read much of it yet, but I enjoyed your intro so far. Good writing style. What did you think of how the book came out?

Mostly great. There were a couple of things that Steve changed or cut from my material for reasons that escape me entirely (I would've included them in DH7, but when I sent the article in to Dave I figured Steve would change them). Chief among this is the mention of volantors, which have a mention in FREd (see the Transport Familiarity table) but not in TUV. They'll probably show up in a near-future DH.

That aside, I think this will be a great resource for gamers of any system. I'm giving one of my author's copies to my sister-in-law, a D20 diehard, and I'll just see if she comes up with a way to use it in her games.

BTW, I hear the book sold quite well at the DDC this weekend. I'm not sure how many copies were sold, but there was definite interest in the book!
I heard that as well. I do know that TUV was one of the most-anticipated all-new books of the Hero line, so it doesn't much surprise me. How well it's written will be reflected in how quickly it sells out.