Your "2005" Pet Gaming Projects

TheQuestionMan

Re: Your "2005" Pet Gaming Projects

Two projects for me...

1) Revival of my Champions campaign, The Warden Chronicles... this one is well on its way to reality as we had the first session last week... yay, I am gaming again... see the links below for session logs, downtime stories and campaign history...

2) The second has been a pet project for a long time, a post-apoc world...

I started in the post-apoc genre way back when with first edition Gamma World...

I had a bit of an issue with the suspension of disbelief for some of the more esoteric mutant abilites, until I discovered Champions and Thundarr the Barbarian...

My outlook changed. I have ran, off and on since the late 80s, a world that is decended from my superhero world/campaign...

Most of the collapse revolved around five major power factions... A high-tech corporation that wanted to wipe out anyone with paranormal abilities... A mad geneticist that viewed humanity as his canvas... A group of extra-dimensional aliens trying to subjugate the world... The psions with many small factions all at each others throats and trying to be the only ones... A evil sorceror who is trying to subsume all magical energies into himself...

The psion wars started getting notice with a few massacres here and there... The high-tech corp decided that it was time and released a plague, paranormals including the psions started dying... The e-d aliens stepped up into the void left by the dying paras and took over major cities around the world... The high-tech corp equipped anyone that would fight the e-d aliens with the lastest and greatest weapon and personal armor systems in addition to automated combat vehicles, drones and robots... Massive battles ensued with many casualities... The evil sorceror seeing the chaos that surrounded him put his master plan into effect... He was able to seize most of the magical energies but was unable to control them... A dimensional rift was opened causing many earthquakes, tidal waves and other natural disasters... The mad geneticist released a retrovirus to counter the effect of the anti-para plague... It started causing mutations in all animal life forms... The final blow came when the ancestral enemies of the e-d aliens showed up... They were extra-terrestrial aliens that had faced the e-d aliens long ago in Earth's past... Using asteroids and small nuclear devices, they bombarded every stronghold or major troop concentration of the e-d aliens... The world was left in shambles and civilization would not start to rise again for centuries...

There have been three campaigns set in this world starting at 300 or so years after "the stars fell from the skies..."

The lastest iteration of the campaign is called the Union Chronicles... hopefully I will get a chance to run it one day...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... how about (Drum Roll Please!) "WIKIPEDIA HERO RESOURCES!!!"

Thank you, thank you, very much... ahahuh.

QM

Argh! I've been REALLY stupid! Why create a PHP/SQL database for resource links at all?

We can (everyone that is, who is interested) add it to the current Wikipedia! I'll create a page and put it under "Hero System"

Whoops - seems like pages of links aren't welcome at Wiki. Their loss.

Oh well, I'll have to create my own then, after all...

Starwars...nuff said.

Not really Rick, Star Wars Hero has expanded beyond the movies, novels, comics, Video Games, & the RPGs. Gamer's Campaigns and Fan's Stories.

Is it a Pre Empire Campaign?

A Post Rebellion Victory Campaign?

A Non Jedi/Sith Campaign?

A Rebel Special Forces Campaign?

A Smuggler Campaign?

A Knights of the Old Republic Campaign?

Details man details... or a Link ;)

Cheers

QM

Hi,

My pet project for the 2005 was learning Hero System rules and then start a Pulp Campaign ( against Fu Manchu no less...) and it is currently running towards its end ( last session next week).

My second pet Project is Nelson's Navy Heroes a setting historically in the same age of Hornblower but with much more details. I've just finished in copying all the basic data about the 500 English Ship, reading two Brian Lavery's Book and browsing among the links sent me by the question man. I hope ( child permitting) to star writing something more complete soon. The project was a little hindered by the fact that vehicle companion is not an easy prey in Italy... ( wonder why so many role play gamers round here :rolleyes: )

I soldier on.

Ciao

My on-again/off-again project for the past few years has been trying to write up the characters from Image Comics as 250 to 300 pt. characters. If I get that done to my satisfaction, I might try a campaign in that world because I like the idea of superheroes still having to be somewhat mysterious about their actions, rather than having huge mobs of supers just lying around (e.g. DC & Marvel)

Even though the FATE version is on it's way I want more crunch (mmm..Hero Crunchy Goodness).

On it's way, The Dresden Files HERO Conversion!

http://www.naturaltwenty.com/dresdenfiles'>http://www.naturaltwenty.com/dresdenfiles

Later,

Greg Volz

Natural Twenty Gaming

http://www.naturaltwenty.com

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently working on a Homebrew setting, which has been moved around from several different systems (set on using HERO at the moment, with Tri-Stat backup for people who don't like crunch :rolleyes: ). It's kind of similar to X-Men, in that there are humans who have "evolved" into something more, but it's not superhero, and is darker, the US is on verge of civil war over it (east vs. west this time). I'm still working on power levels, and all all kinds of fun stuff. Oh yeah, there's also a deeper setting that involves alternate dimentions (that's kinda complicated). I'll have to make a new thread about this sometime.

Converting Valherjar: The Chosen Slain to HERO 5th Revised.

Also...working on rebuilding a Champions campaign, with a city concept of my own design.

Well, I have changed directions.

I have begun working on a project that has struck my fancy...High Plains Hero. It's a Western genre setting, dedicated to the "Gritty Westerns" like Shane, High Noon, Catlow, A Fistful of Dollars (or for that matter any Clint Eastwood Western film), etc.

I have begun work on the basic character info (packages, concept types, etc.), as well as the general setting and feel that I want. At the rate that I'm going...it's going to be quite the undertaking.

It's been a long time since I have worked on anything for an RPG, from a GM perspective...but this has really started to become FUN again. I'm glad that TheImperialKhan kept being persistant about The Hero System, and never lost his faith in the RPG system.

Well...back to the Old West...