Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

A lot of good artwork has gotten posted on these boards. Much of that is located in the NGD Art thread. But, with all the recent fallout, several of us have taken it upon ourselves to diversify the locations where we want to post our work. Thus, in honor of Cybertooth's "If you build it, they will come" thread , I present a thread for posting Fantasy pics. I'll put a BUNCH of my stuff in here, and I hope others shall follow.

My requests?

If you like my stuff... use it. Just don't publish it.

If you do a write up based on one of these pics, post it if you can. It'd be neat to see how other folk interpret things.

If you have your own art and want to toss it in the ring, go for it! More fun for all.

If you color a B&W, repost it so we can see.

And lets try and keep criticism constructive. There's MORE than enough drama in other places right now without hitting people where it hurts (smack in the pride :D)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

Much of the early actions in my planned campaign will be taking place at a fortified trading post on border called the Dark Mistress. the next couple of pics are intended as some of the more important (in campaign terms) npc that will be found there..

This is Kieral, a barmaid with a past

And I find myself cursing the day I ever even considered trying to draw on graph paper. One of my all time favorite pics is on Blue line graph paper, and I don't have the photoshop skillz to clean her up. Heres the raw scan...any of you geniuses out in Herodom able to save her?

Another big bias I've noticed...

I'm all about the facial scars and/or missing eyes on my fighter type.

I can probably pin this one on my early love of Escape from New York.

So heres a pair of pics from my second FH character, a bounty hunter type.

This is for all you folk who despair of ever getting better at drawing. The first is from the mid 80's, 1st edition Fantasy Hero (my first character was made using the playtest edition... woooo hooo, damn I'm feeling old)

The second is his 4th edition version, drawn during the dark years of Cybergames.

Very nice!

I'm afraid I tend to just fiddle with Poser and Lightwave when I want objects and characters for campaigns :)

For example - the Tiger Feline Mage (Torareichou in their own tongue) known as Wang Chian Tzu Kongzi Chen

1275x1650px image

(a mixture of Poser models)

His magical McGuffin device-

1024x768px side mage

1024x768px front mage

(created in Lightwave)

The hand drawn I only use for calligraphy/notes/diaries usually :)\

(in fact I created animations and powerpoint presentations for a Star Hero campaign).

Very nice!

I'm afraid I tend to just fiddle with Poser and Lightwave when I want objects and characters for campaigns :)

For example - the Tiger Feline Mage (Torareichou in their own tongue) known as Wang Chian Tzu Kongzi Chen

1275x1650px image

(a mixture of Poser models)

His magical McGuffin device-

1024x768px side mage

1024x768px front mage

(created in Lightwave)

The hand drawn I only use for calligraphy/notes/diaries usually :)\

(in fact I created animations and powerpoint presentations for a Star Hero campaign).

Dude! Don't apologize for only being able to use programs. Its all art, just different media. I can't render 3-d images worth a damn. Hell...as noted above, I can even figure out how to get rid of graph lines that were supposed to be non photo blue (I realized too late that I bought the wrong brand paper).

And I'm still trying to figure out how to color pics in Photoshop without looking llike it was done by a 1st grader with a set of markers. I'm sure it has something to do with layers, but thus far I've been stymied.

Great work on the both the Tigermage and the weird bone pentagram magic doo hickey, and Rep to you for posting them.

Great pics' date=' I really like the one that is on graph paper, good pose.[/quote']

Thanks. Its one of my favorites too, and I'm REALLY hoping to see it cleaned up.

I'm proud of the pose, but it wasn't too hard, really...after several years of standing guard at Ren Faires while carrying polearms, you get to the point where the image is pretty well burned into your brain :)

Very Nice!

(but I challenge you to draw The Beast in my game ;-p)

Hmm.. do you do commissions?

I've been know to do stuff on request before

My old group of gamers was somewhat lucky to have several artists among the crew, but I've wound up as the proverbial "house" artist for almost every game I've been in since I've been moving around.

I looked at the description, and I might just give it the old college try... nasty looking critter :)

It's the extreme of what is possible for a Rakshasa from the FHB - although I only gave him rough parameters. He did ask for three heads, but I said no (He'd need a lower COM than 4). I think he's been watching too much anime :)

So..speaking of Bad guys...

the next two are represenatives of one of my campaign "bad guy" races, the Mordhel (name stolen directly from Raymond Feist, with all due credit).

Basically very savage, cruel, sadistic, carnal lesser dark elves.

Esssentially they are to Dark elves as Wood elves are to High elves.

in my world, they are incredibly fertile (magically, chaotically so, similar to the Gloranthan Broos), and the women of the clans control most of the political power by both their compatable amatomy (Mordhel breed true only with their own kind... all half breeds are born as Formori... monsters) and their midwiving skills. But, in order to deal with the very agressive males, the Mordhel women are trained from a young age how to hurt without killing, and are gifted with their trademark barbed salted whip at thier coming of age ceremony.

The men are warriors, as their status within the clan is based on strength be it martial or reproductive.

Fanatical mordhel warriors sometimes swear oaths before their gods, joining the members of a warband together into a pack. These oathsworn Huntsmen (yes...ganked from Lloyd Alexander) are fearsome foes, for their lives are linked, and if one falls, his brothers gain his lifeforce.

Best attacked by ambush, with overwhelming force.