Your favorite PC vs..

nexus

Re: Your favorite PC vs..

Well, my fave PC is definitely The Tornado!, my speedster. My fave comic book supervillain is PROBABLY Galactus...I don't think I need to tell you that wouldn't be much of a contest, as all Gal really has to do is stomp T!'s hex and all the DCV in the world won't matter.

On a more realistic level, I'd say T! could probably hold his own against my #2 fave - Gorilla Grodd. But then, Gorilla Grodd has alot of experience fighting Speedsters...so maybe not.

Unless he gets lucky, my (currently active) fave PC Morningstar (fairly traditional EBer, if of decent power) would probably get his arse handed to him by Deathstroke, but could likely take Sabertooth (assuming he didn't too close), Green Goblin, or Hobgoblin, and would have a good ol' time rompin' against The Wrecking Crew (I've just always loved those guys--it's like a team full of Bulldozers).

Against Darkseid, well...um...nevermind.

My favorite PC is Anthem. I'll take one DC and one Marvel villain.

[Edited for Brevity]

Anthem v. Catwoman: Though anthem has some nice spread manuevers/aoe effects with her throwing stars, Catwoman is too quick and slightly stronger. Catwoman would win.

Anthem v. The Red Skull: The traditional American Patriot v. the Nazi badman scenario. Substitute Captain America's thrown shield for handfuls of shurikens. Anthem would win this as the skull is invariably forced to flee, having underestimated the resolve of the young hero. But he'll be back next time with more than just the average handful of soldiers. Perhaps he'll genetically engineer something just for the occasion.

Thanks to the nature of our campaign this happens fairly often. :)

Last game session Juggernaut beat the living daylights out of us. We were caught totally unprepared for it. We were hunting down leads for Deathstroke when Juggernaut was sent in to slow us down [Juggy works for Deathstroke]. It would have been a total capture but fortunately Crimson Pulse's eye-beams were able to hurt Juggy a little and Titanium Mist stayed conscious long enough to get the rest of the KO'd team out. :)

My character has so far tangled with Batman, beaten Nightwing, and had my butt kicked by Puck. :)

Avalon vs Spider-Man: This is a surprisingly even fight. Ava's not nearly as experienced as Spidey but she's a pretty nimble flyer and she's really good with her energy blasts so she could possibly even get a shot in on Spidey despite his Spider Sense. Of course, since she hasn't got Spidey's endurance he'll eventually wear her down and take her out once her magical reserves wear out.

Avalon vs Captain America: Again, surprisingly even as Avalon tends to fight from the air so Cap's immediatly on the defensive due to her airial bombardment. Being Cap however, he would eventually capitalize on a mistake and Ava would get clobbered.

Enforcer has the tactical advantage (he can fly, and carries weaponry) over Colossus (my fave character) and they are about even physically so I think the Russian would fall

Wonderman was something of an inspiration for Enforcer but again, I think the big E would eventually triumph.

THOR, now Thor would win. Enforcer might get lucky and take him out with his override Strength, but the Asgardian (and probably Wonderman too now that I think about it) could probably survive all six of the "Safe Blows" and I don't think it'd take Thor more than six shots with Mjolnir to defeat Enforcer.

For DC? I't throw him against Martian Manhunter and feel relatively secure in his chances for winning. Captain Marvel and Superman have far more in the way of superhuman speed than Enforcer, it wouldn't be close.

Blackcat.

Hero

DC - Karate Kid - would be a close fight, with the edge going to Cat, but one really bad (or reaaly good) die roll could decide that one. Almost too close to call.

Marvel - Cap - that was in another thread. She'd take Cap.

Villian:

DC - Deathstoke - Like the KK fight it would be close, but Cat would take him.

Marvel - Taskmaster - this would be an interesting fight, as Cat has a huge (85) point martial arts powers pool, the SFX is inventing new or instantly learning another's fighting style. Matching her and Taskmaster would be pretty interesting. But she'd take him, just because she invents stuff and he doesn't, and the huge backlog of abilities he's watched wouldn't take her out.

Yeah, I like Martial Aritsts. Sue me.

My character, Rocket Man (a.k.a. Iron Guy) vs. Magneto.

Yes, a guy in a big metal suit against the master of magnatism. Hmmm, let's see. I think, if he were very lucky, Rocket Man would take the first bus out of town.

Hmmm.

Other source...

Three-way tie.

My character (Midnight - martial artist/mentalist) vs. the Shadow - she'd probably kick his butt (but if he goes first and starts messing with her Psych Limitations, she'd be in trouble).

Midnight vs. Ian Nottingham (with or without the Witchblade) - they have an awful lot in common, but those swords give him a major advantage.

Midnight vs. Jackie Estecado (the Darkness) - now THERE'S a battle of equals, but if he brings those guns to the fight, well, she'll just have to take them away from him.

Marvel...

Midnight vs. Nightcrawler - gahhh, that'd get ugly from a martial arts standpoint since both can teleport and both have the invisibility thing going for them... depends on how STRONG Nightcrawler is.

DC...

That's rough, I have a lot of characters I like. Can't pick just one.

Champions/Hero...

Also a tough call. Tie for first place -

Midnight vs. Scorpio - he's got the edge in terms of martial arts, she's got the edge in terms of mental abilities, but it'd make for one hell of a fight.

Midnight vs. Dark Seraph - she'd lose in a heartbeat, but the sheer THRILL of it would have her going for it.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Edit: Now that I think of it, I'd pit Kakita Nasami (my L5R character) against Ian Nottingham as well (and he can even bring the Witchblade) for a knock-down, drag-out, you-blink-you-f***ing-die swordfight.

And of course, Nasami vs. the Silver Samurai would be an awesome battle.

Phaeton vs Rob Leifeld's Supreme (pre-Allen Moore). I tihnk Phaeton could probably... Oh wait, that fight happened. Phaeton cleaned his clock real good. That's what happens when you go first and perform a 40+ D6 "Black Hole Punch" on segment 12. And then again on segment 2.

Actually, he could probably drop most of the name supers from comic universes, provided they aren't A: completely invulnerable (Juggy), or B: have fantastically high DCVs and some nasty attacks (Phaeton only has a 14 OCV--if he misses, he might be in trouble).

I've never had a character that can beat people who fight galaxies and can rend time with their bare hands. Any of my characters (including a Cosmic level game) could never beat Supreme. Maybe Supremouse.

The character Sun Knight, that I just finished but haven't played yet, could beat Captain America, Nightwing or Black Canary if I completely disregarded every ethic he has. Pushing a building over on them works well but is rough on the tenants. Throwing bulldozers would probably do ok also. However the first nerve strike past my Armor and it's lights out Sun Knight.

My favorite so far played character in a F2F, Hairtrigger, game could take out Superman in one or two shots- not because he's built on 10,000 points but because of what he is- a mutant with 'targeting vision' that senses the target's weak points and any vulnerbilities and susceptibilities they have. Then his nannite laced gun arms would hose Big Blue with autofired kryptonite bullets- game over, lights out.

Come to think, he could probably school a lot of the DCU, since many of the big names have glaring huge weaknesses.

I've never had a character that can beat people who fight galaxies and can rend time with their bare hands. Any of my characters (including a Cosmic level game) could never beat Supreme. Maybe Supremouse.

QUOTE]

Actually, he stated that was the pre-Alan Moore version. That one was tough but considerably weaker than the Silver-Age homage Moore turned him into. I picked up the run of Supreme for like 10 cents an issue at a comic show a few years ago and he was always getting cut open or knocked around even before his powers were stolen from him by Zacariah Grizlock and mistakenly transferred to Kid Supreme.

Y'know, I feel kind of ashamed for dropping the 4 bucks to get those turkeys but they did make me laugh a lot.

well..I have a couple of favorite champs characters, so lets look at them against one of my favorite villians, Deathstroke.

Blackjack, my martial artist gadgeteer, most likely gets it handed to him. He has a lot in common with Slade, including the artifically enhanced IQ and having origins with the Super Solider program, but Deathstroke uses that intelligence, IMO, for a lot of superskill tricks that would nail Backjack first go around. In a rematch, there would be a lot more parity, as Blackjack is a technical boy, and gadgeteers with time to prepare are nasty.

Revenant, however, is a different story. First off... Slade would be hard pressed to do him any harm... hes already dead, and nigh invunerable to Deathstrokes kind of fighting. Slade could probably figuire out how to deal with that annoyance anyway, but Revenant's Aura powers probably wouldn't give him much of a chance... Slade doesn't seem to be all that well defended against adjustment style powers, and Revenant is a pretty hard hitter too (He's been known to one punch Minuteman robots in the right circumstances)

Tomcat vs Spiderman: Spiderman's clinging beats Tomcat's climbing and his swinging beats Tomcat's leap, Spiderman is vastly stronger. Tomcat is as quick as Spidey, and more dextrous; Tomster is at least as tough as Spidey and has, probably, greater reserves of energy. Tomcat is also better than Spidey when it comes to sensing danger. Tomcat is a vastly superior martial artist however, and given enough time will beat Spidey, but it would be one hell of a fight.

Tomcat vs. Black Canary. Tomcat loses . . . in a calculated seduction attempt.

Paladine vs. Darkseid.

Tie, kinda. I expect Darkseid has enough resistant hardened

power defense to be effectively immune to the Paladine's

sword of divinity. And as the Paladine can survive a nuke without

being stunned ( on average ), they are at a stand still until

Darkseid just uses his Omega Beams to teleport Paladine somewhere

else.

Bingo the Clowno vs. Darkseid.

Bwahahahahahaha! Poor Bingo, how little we knew of thee.

Paladine vs. Batman.

Paladine doesn't notice that Batman exists, Batman can

misdirect him at will.

Bingo the Clowno vs. Batman.

Poor Bingo...

Paladine vs. Dr. Strange.

Strange: You will do as I say.

Paladine: I will do as you say...

Bingo the Clowno vs. Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange: WTF??? WTFWTFWTFWTF???? Ow, ow, my head! Stop the madness!

Bingo: Teeheehee! Belly button rockets!

Generally speaking, I've never gotten to PLAY Champions long enough to end up with a character even remotely as experienced as most of the characters I'm familiar with in the comics. :no:

Bit of a sore spot for me, sometimes...

John T

Hmmmm . . .Lockdown Vs The Spider-Man Rogues gallery. What an Adventure Hook. Enforcer84, what is your opinion? I personally would love to see him take on the Green Goblin (The Norman Osbourne version)

Hmm... Sandra versus The Mechanic or Robot Master owuld be a very short and silly fight. Heck, Sandra versus the pair of htem would be a very short fight.

That is, save for the dialouge.

"Frell it. I am being chased by a fat tool in a jumpsuit carrying a pair of space ray guns. He is taking orders from Woody Allen in a spandex bodysuit designed to fit Mr T. And today wasl ooking so nice. So comfortable. So sane."