Page one of the V&V Conversions is up!

proditor

A big thanks to Jeff Dee for giving me a provisional go ahead on this, and make sure to visit some of the links on the title page as they are worth it for the trip down memory lane.

Okay, the first page is up, my take on a modern version of the Crusaders is now available for purview.

Index: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/index.html

Re: Page one of the V&V Conversions is up!

Man, that takes me back to Junior High. Now you have inspired me to remake my old V&V character as an NPC for my Champions Campaign.

In fact my campaign keeps the old V&V concept of playing yourself. It makes playing supers much more fun, IMHO.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. BTW can I stea...I mean borrow some of your writeups?

Thanks (and rep) for the conversions. V&V is the first superhero system I played and ultimately led me to Champions. While it had its shortcomings it was great fun to play. Thanks also to Jeff Dee for the artwork and for allowing you to do the conversions.

Thanks for the kind words folks. :)

By all means, use them. That's why I made them after all. Well, that and it just kept NAGGING at me. I'm going to be doing more of them as I have the time and the supplements.

Which reminds me...

Anyone got a copy of Opponents Unlimited that they could scan and mail me a few pages from? Mine is already packed Lord only knows where, but I wanted to finish the Crushers and then do my version of Proditor Capella based on a huge old arc I once ran, and my favorite "loser" group of all time, the Floop Brothers (Who have been converted to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition so far, so I should go for the hat trick).

Same actually goes for FORCE, which I'd buy as a PDF, but no one seems to have it. :( I only have the follow-up, (Assassin) someone long ago swiped the module that started it all.

Next bit: The plan is to finish the Crusaders with Shatterman and Condor, then finish off the much larger Crushers. After that, I have the Errants ready to go. (From Dawn of DNA). But in the meantime, any requests?

EDIT: Last bit: If you spot a mistake or something you think is questionable in one of my write-ups, please drop me a line so I can take a look at it.

I'll look in my V&V archives. I think I saw Proditor Capela recently and Force I'm sure I have.

Very nice translations by the way. I particularly like the more militaristic write ups, F.I.S.T., Enforcer,the Mercury Mercenary.

Are you approaching these as experienced 250 pt campaign characters?

I'll look in my V&V archives. I think I saw Proditor Capela recently and Force I'm sure I have.

Very nice translations by the way. I particularly like the more militaristic write ups, F.I.S.T., Enforcer,the Mercury Mercenary.

Are you approaching these as experienced 250 pt campaign characters?

Sort of? I know this is going to sound a little weird, but I picture them as starting as 250 point characters in a 350 point world and surviving due to sheer tenacity. ;) So this is them after several years of adventuring in all cases, but some of them (Like Bull) will just barely top 350 (He's 356 and should be up later tonight)

And thanks btw, I was going for a more military bent on those characters especially and I'm glad it apparently is translating well. :)

EDIT: Doc Apocalypse is on my "to do " list, though it is currently a toss-up on whether it's going to be Doc A, or his evolved incarnation, Saker.

Thanks Redmenace, Alwyn 13, I'll probably be dropping one or both of you a line tomorrow.

Last update for tonight as I'm having some issues with Temper. But I did add Marionette, Mocker, Bull and Hornet, so they are almost complete.

Also, do people want to see Vulture who is currently out of the Crushers and on a speaking tour? Or should I just sub in Hauntress and Manstar as I intended?

If folks want the other oldies but goodies, let me know, but Shrew is still dead. ;)

If folks want the other oldies but goodies' date=' let me know, but Shrew is still dead. ;)[/quote']

That's okay, proditor. We have a Shrew on my conversion compilation. :P

(She's not as complete or up-to-date as yours would doubtless be, but we'll get by.) :)

Kind Proditor, do you happen to have a "Conversion" system for V&V? I seem to have 20-30 supplements (or so) for V&V (Ahhh...memories.......if I could only remember them :P ) and would like to convert a few of the characters for Champions. While I could do it myself...having someone who has already "invented the wheel" would be nice.

Thanks...

Nadrakas...

Kind Proditor' date=' do you happen to have a [i']"Conversion"[/i] system for V&V? I seem to have 20-30 supplements (or so) for V&V (Ahhh...memories.......if I could only remember them :P ) and would like to convert a few of the characters for Champions. While I could do it myself...having someone who has already "invented the wheel" would be nice.

Thanks...

Nadrakas...

Heh...prepare to disillusioned...

My guide consists of the OLD conversion guide that was in the back of some V&V products, a long read of the character backgrounds and a healthy amount of guesswork. ;) In some cases, I try and remember how they played against other PC's and adjust them accordingly. In others, I just use the spirit of the character and adapt the powers to match.

You'll see the latter a lot more once I get the Errants up, Cockroach is now a pocket sized wrecking machine.

Well, we do have a more up-to-date, detailed conversion document based on those old guidelines. They were posted to the discussion boards a while back by some of our colleagues, as a document file and as a spreadsheet.

If you follow the link in my signature below, and scroll down to the "Villains and Vigilantes" listing, you'll be able to access the thread with the conversion info.

Heh...prepare to disillusioned...

My guide consists of the OLD conversion guide that was in the back of some V&V products, a long read of the character backgrounds and a healthy amount of guesswork. ;) In some cases, I try and remember how they played against other PC's and adjust them accordingly. In others, I just use the spirit of the character and adapt the powers to match.

You'll see the latter a lot more once I get the Errants up, Cockroach is now a pocket sized wrecking machine.

Ahhh...it was to much to hope for. I have the old conversion..........guess I'll have a lot of work to do.

Thanks kind Proditor.

Nadrakas...

Well, we do have a more up-to-date, detailed conversion document based on those old guidelines. They were posted to the discussion boards a while back by some of our colleagues, as a document file and as a spreadsheet.

If you follow the link in my signature below, and scroll down to the "Villains and Vigilantes" listing, you'll be able to access the thread with the conversion info.

Oh hey, that might speed things up a LOT around here. Thanks Lord Liaden! :D

This is an awesome page and a great start Prod :D If you need any help, please feel free to drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. As for Doc A ... stick with Doc rather than Saker ... as much of a fan as I am for the Elementals, I think I liked him better as the good doctor ;) (Plus I have a funny memory of my GM at the time having some NPCs call him Doctor Porky-Lip) ;)

My insomnia, your gain. ;) Just posted: Manstar, The Hauntress, Shatterman and Condor. I'm still having some issues wrapping my head around Temper, so this might really be the last for the night.

Tomorrow? THE ERRANTS! :D

Looks Good Traitor Choir. I appreciate the post miniseries versions. The Protectors could use a brick, no?

I have almost every V&V module, save Organized Crime, Most Wanted Vol II (which never saw print I hear)...To tackle Totem (which I used to have...dang I used to have my wish list somewhere.

My brother and I bought V&V and Champions at the same time. I bought Champions and had him buy V&V so we could have both games. I was 13 and he was 9. Fortunately Trump's Hobbies didn't have Superworld because that was the one I was looking to buy. It wasn't there so I picked up Champions.

As I was unpacking, I found my "Most Wanted" Vol 4.2... a folder holding all the major V&V villians and heroes I had created.

I wrote up my visions for the characters that appeared on the covers, in the art in the books and occasionally simply in text thanking playtesters.

Someday. I'll get to seriously go through my old. V&V Alternate Earth and get everything converted...but really, I have so many things I'd like to do this is probably a pipe dream...

Awesome! Yay! Some things I noticed:

Dreamweaver's "shrouded in the dreamscape" power shouldn't include invisibility to the full hearing group but just normal hearing. Just as Temper was able to see her with his IR goggles, someone with sonar should also be able to spot her. I'd also add the "psionic -1/2" limitation.

You left "shrinking, zero-END, persistent, always on" off of Marionette's sheet.

I'd give Bull one level of "growth, zero-END, persistent, always on", also.

Man I love that setting.