Page one of the V&V Conversions is up!

proditor

Re: Page one of the V&V Conversions is up!

Awesome! Yay! Some things I noticed:

Dreamweaver's "shrouded in the dreamscape" power shouldn't include invisibility to the full hearing group but just normal hearing. Just as Temper was able to see her with his IR goggles, someone with sonar should also be able to spot her. I'd also add the "psionic -1/2" limitation.

You left "shrinking, zero-END, persistent, always on" off of Marionette's sheet.

I'd give Bull one level of "growth, zero-END, persistent, always on", also.

Man I love that setting.

True, I left all permanent growth/shrinking off of the sheets as per 5e.

So, the -6 PER is reflected in Marionette's very high stealth and her DCV bonus, conversely, Bull has his kb resist and Big fists.

Thanks on the Invisibility, not sure how I got one part right and kludged the rest, but that's life in the big city. :)

Death Tribble: Shrew dying occured off panel between the original CACC module and the publishing of the V&V Comic book. In the comic, she comes back from the dead as "The Hauntress", the roughly 600 point monster near the bottom of the Crushers write-ups.

As for Doc A, Willingham used Death duel with the destroyers and the island of Doc A as the prototype for his comic the Elementals. Now I like Doc A a little more than Saker (Who he came to be) but some of the Destroyers I like better in their "revised" editions.

Although, show of hands here, who other than me said "Oh, I'll be buying every module for this game..." after seeing the picture of Iron Maiden in Death Duel?

Okay, back in a few once I fix Dreamweaver, actually note what Enforcer's Lightning reflexes applies to and finish the Errants.

Although' date=' show of hands here, who other than me said "Oh, I'll be buying every module for this game..." after seeing the picture of Iron Maiden in Death Duel?

Me! In fact, I play a take-off of Iron Maiden in a PBEM called... Iron Maiden. Instead of a powerstaff, she utilizes a casket-like energy force field entangle, hence the name.

Anyhho - what joy to see all of this happening! "Crisis" was my fave module and I do have practically all of the books, though Most Wanted Vol. 2 has become my personal "Rosebud". I wonder how we could get a copy of the draft of that?

Many of the V&V modules were excellent, as were most FGU products back then. In particular the maps many of the books contained. Speaking of which, many of the maps have been "converted" onto hex paper. Feel free to email me for specifics.

We should have a free for all of cahracters made up - in fact, I should write up a few from Ken Cliffe's superb "Super Crooks & Criminals" supplement. Oh, and does anyone recall the Dr. DNA module written by one Ken Campbell?

Ask and ye shall receive. ;)

Just added to their own page, the Errants from "The Dawn of DNA".

Some quick notes though, this is the Errants made "effective" for my personal game. They were updated like the Crushers and the Crusaders, but in some cases, the updates were massive. Miragi and Cockroach got HUGE upgrades to their power as otherwise, they'd be like 200 point characters. ;)

Also, kludged a fix to Dreamweaver as per Thrak's suggestion and assigned Enforcer's Lightning Reflexes.

Okay, back a little later, though seriously, if anyone has the Floop Brothers, I desperately want to convert them (Again).

I'm sorta with you on that Thrak, but I went the new way to make it more "Accessible" as it were. If it helps, she originally had this:

40 pts: Shrinking (0.25 m tall, 0.1953 kg mass, -6 PER Rolls to perceive character, +6 DCV, takes +9" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

No levels in DCV, and her stealth was at the base level only.

Since I'm completely out of control, I also added my version of the Soviet team from "Trouble for HAVOC" by Chaosium.

Once I input the American and HAVOC teams, those'll be up as well.

Between those and Susano's "Dr. Drugs" writeups, I may have to add an entry for Superworld to my conversion list. :D

BTW proditor, the link to your Soviet Guard webpage is giving a "page not found" error message.

Between those and Susano's "Dr. Drugs" writeups' date=' I may have to add an entry for [i']Superworld[/i] to my conversion list. :D

BTW proditor, the link to your Soviet Guard webpage is giving a "page not found" error message.

Thanks Lord Liaden, I apparently forgot how to spell today. :) All fixed now.

If any of you remember Sensor btw, you're going to be shocked at my version...he's a beast now.

Great Stuff, Proditer! Ah... memories...

I too, loved the maps they provided in their products. Y'know what though? The Crusaders base was missing an important element - bathrooms! Where do you go to the bathroom in this place?

BTW, the links to Jeff Dee's site don't work.

Great Stuff, Proditer! Ah... memories...

I too, loved the maps they provided in their products. Y'know what though? The Crusaders base was missing an important element - bathrooms! Where do you go to the bathroom in this place?

BTW, the links to Jeff Dee's site don't work.

This link has an extensive Jeff Dee Gallery too. And it is my favorite V&V link in existance.

The V&V Emporium

Links cleaned up (At least they seem to work now) and...

FLOOP IS IN THE HIZZOUSE!!!

That's right, the Floop Brothers have their own page (Lord save us all...)

Notes: The Floops got the upgrade treatment as well. They decided bullets hurt and made their own version of bulletproof spandex. They also made an aggregate self-defense training course to keep normal people from just decking them. I hope ya'll enjoy 'em. :D

Backstory:

On a cold Febuary day, Arnold Kisling watched the blood drip from his hands to shatter the pristine purity of the snow.

"No more...I can't do this anymore..."

"YOU WILL HUMAN! YOU ARE MINE!"

Arnold winced then fell to his knees as the pain in his head redoubled with the ranting of the disembodied voice.

"YOU ARE OUR CHAMPION. YOU HAVE A JOB. YOU HAVE A MISSION. YOU ARE OURS!"

"No...."

Arnold slammed his head into the ground, a shockwave of force spreading from the impact.

"No...."

Another slam and the ground deformed into a small crater.

"NO!"

The shockwave from this last strike rattled windows a block away.

On that day, Proditor Cappela disappeared from the public eye and the eyes of his team mates in V.I.L.E.

When he appeared a year later, he wouldn't speak of what had happened, but he returned to V.I.L.E. at the head of a taskforce looking to bring them to justice.

Over the years since that fateful day, Proditor has tried to carve a respectable place for himself in the world. He has grown incredibly in power and now ranks amongst the mightiest of the world's heroes. But he has also discarded his flippant and arrogant past and regards his new mission as sacrosanct. A lot of blood has run through his fingers, now he has a lifetime to make good. The voice may be gone, but at times, he almost misses it. For even though years have passed with his efforts always at the forefront of justice, he is regarded with suspiscion and shunned by all but a few.

So that's what happened (Massively condensed of course, and the cure left as a mystery) in my campaign world. If you want to see the absolute powerhouse that Proditor became in my game world, check out the Miscellaneous Heroes section that just got added.

Great stuff Proditor. Thanks for sharing.

I was also wondering if you were planning on doing The Destroyers and the Doomsday Robot from Willingham's Death Duel module?

Small update.

The Liberty Squad (Yes, I made that up) from Trouble for HAVOC should be up in about 5 minutes. Molecule Man's build looks a little dodgy to me, but I stuck fairly true to the original write-up on him.

FORCE is underway, but there are a lot of them, so it's taking a while. Man...Phantasm is a freakin' monster...and I toned him down from the suggested conversion....

Anyway, yeah, I do intend to get to the Destroyers, but it may take a while as I have no idea where that module is located right now.

Force is up...those guys are scary. Some of them are more plot devices than characters, Stargazer and Teleporter in particular. And wow does Snowblind have a lame skill set, but I really had no idea what to do with "He gained his powers while suffering an industrial accident at his job as a meatpacker"....

Most things from Opponents Unlimited make me twitch. I actually had to take time off from working on my V&V concordance halfway through that book.

IIRC the author, who also penned another module; not a fan of the superheroes. He has a website where he blasts all the RPG suppliments he wrote...I think.

IIRC the author' date=' who also penned another module; not a fan of the superheroes. He has a website where he blasts all the RPG suppliments he wrote...I think.[/quote']

Stefan Jones, yeah. Wrote From the Deeps of Space and Pentacle Plot, two actually decent modules.

But, yeah, he did have a webpage (which seems to have gone down in just the last couple of months) with some tiresome "HUR HUR SUPERHEROES AM DUM" stuff on it. I always wanted to ask him why in the hell he wrote the sourcebook that way, then; if he had made it a sourcebook of superspy and alien enemies and organizations - which he clearly had an affinity for - it would probably been up in my top five, rather than fighting for last with Pre-Emptive Strike and Break-In at Three Kilometer Island.

It is a shame as some of my favorite "trope" villains come from that book. With just a little more seriousness, yeah, it could have been a winner.

Notes for today: I'm sick, so I'm doing some pen and paper work on the module "Assassin". I'll try and post later, but if not, probably nothing till Monday as I'm going to the new Smithsonian annex tomorrow!

WOOHOO! Planes as far as the eye can see! :D

(So yes, I'm slacking off so I can get better enough to go look at shiny things) ;)

It is a shame as some of my favorite "trope" villains come from that book. With just a little more seriousness, yeah, it could have been a winner.

Notes for today: I'm sick, so I'm doing some pen and paper work on the module "Assassin". I'll try and post later, but if not, probably nothing till Monday as I'm going to the new Smithsonian annex tomorrow!

WOOHOO! Planes as far as the eye can see! :D

(So yes, I'm slacking off so I can get better enough to go look at shiny things) ;)

I don't know if that is acceptable.

• 5 weeks later...