Mega Fantasy City Map - My latest project

keithcurtis

Re: Mega Fantasy City Map - My latest project

I don't know if you've ever gone that way' date=' Keith, but there's also a nursery on the road out of Kingston (the west end of the ferry going to Edmonds) which has a big sign that says "SAVAGE PLANTS".[/quote']I've been that way many times (Susan's sister lives in Edmonds). I don't know if I've ever taken notice of the sign though.

There's enough other academics here that maybe we could set up Yet Another Phony Web University, accept the manuscript and a small tuition check, and then grant Keith a degree and publish it as a doctoral thesis. Then hire him as chair of the art department or something.

Hmmmmmmmm. :think:

Only if I get to wear a mortarboard. Everywhere.

Good to see Keith "insert witticism here" Curtis back in action on the boards.

Thanks, the software problem that the boards had interacting with Safari seems to no longer be an issue. I'll probably be around more often.

Keith "This is the only place on the Internet I put these things" Curtis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith, have you tried Firefox?

Tabbed browsing is the bomb...

... and has been in Safari for years and years. I have all of my webcomics in individual subfolders arranged by day so I can tell it to Load Monday, for instance and they all come up in tabs.

I want to like Firefox. I really do. I have tried to make the switch many times. There's always some little nitpicky thing that sends me back to Safari. Usually a page that doesn't render right, or some little bit of interface wonkiness that no plug-in seems to address.

Keith "picky picky picky" Curtis

... and has been in Safari for years and years. I have all of my webcomics in individual subfolders arranged by day so I can tell it to Load Monday, for instance and they all come up in tabs.

I want to like Firefox. I really do. I have tried to make the switch many times. There's always some little nitpicky thing that sends me back to Safari. Usually a page that doesn't render right, or some little bit of interface wonkiness that no plug-in seems to address.

Keith "picky picky picky" Curtis

Weird... didn't know Safari really had that functionality.

The main reason I went to Firefox is that it seems to run faster, and mlb.com (as in baseball) just didn't really know how to play with Safari.

Weird... didn't know Safari really had that functionality.

Since 2003.

The main reason I went to Firefox is that it seems to run faster' date=' and mlb.com (as in baseball) just didn't really know how to play with Safari.[/quote']I've run speed trials and not noticed a clear winner. Some sites work better with some browsers.

Keith "thread wandering" Curtis

want to like Firefox. I really do. I have tried to make the switch many times. There's always some little nitpicky thing that sends me back to Safari. Usually a page that doesn't render right' date=' or some little bit of interface wonkiness that no plug-in seems to address.[/quote']

I hear ya, brotha!

Basically, I use Firefox exclusively on these boards, since they have some ethnic features that Safari can't handle. I use Safari for everything else since it has some features (like, for example, right-clicking on a web address which is not a link and just jumping straight to it, better handling of tabs, better searching, history, and filetype handling, and a spell-checker that works) which I have become addicted to.

But Firefox is a small download and not a resource hog, and I don't see it as a huge problem to use it exclusively for these boards. Heck, I still have IE on my computer, for the increasingly rare occasions when I need it.

cheers, Mark

In particular, I love the integration with the OS spell checker. As a bona-fide geek, I have to add a lot of words. It's nice not to have to add them with every app.

I do like Firefox's better handling of WYSIWYG editing fields, but Safari's resizable ones are a beautiful thing.

Keith "also has an ancient, no-longer supported, Explorer on his hard drive for pretty much the same reasons" Curtis

I've been that way many times (Susan's sister lives in Edmonds). I don't know if I've ever taken notice of the sign though.

It's on the right-hand side as you head west, not too far beyond where the speed limit goes up to 50.

We live about a 20-minute drive from the ferry terminal; we're in Seattle, just barely, four blocks off highway 99. With my mother-in-law living in Port Townsend, we go that way frequently.

Only if I get to wear a mortarboard. Everywhere.

I got no problem with that. Usually the problem is people don't want to wear 'em, so attendance at events where you should wear them tends to be low. Where I'm working now, as faculty I'm supposed to sit through commencement exercises (and some other events) in full regalia; in fact, I've never worn the full kit and I don't have a good idea what it looks like in my case.

Keith' date=' if and when I come into a stack o' cash, I would gladly cover the licensing fee and publication costs. I've wanted to see a published Savage Earth HERO book for a long time, for a lot of reasons. :yes:[/quote']

I'd definitely buy that!!