Extra Timing

Eodin

Question

Steve,

I was doing some research on the web for spells to convert for a campaign, and I saw some of the wicca spells on a website that would be useful for the hedge wizards/witches. Many of them that I saw were "perform some 10 or 15 minute action every day for 5 days in a row" kind of thing. What kind of modifier would apply to the Extra Time limitation: up 2 steps, -1/4 less, etc? None of the actions are inherently dangerous (candles, incense, and the like).

1 answer to this question

Re: Extra Timing

As long as it's not an attack, just look at how long a period such a spell has to be cast for (5 days, in your example), since characters are allowed to do other things while waiting for the power to activate -- the "do such-and-such every day" is just a special effect of Extra Time. Even if it's an attack, it doesn't matter as long as the caster doesn't want to make other attacks. Even if he does want to make other attacks, I don't see anything in what you describe that justifies any additional Limitation value beyond what's already allowed.