Penetrating & Killing followup

Trebuchet

Question

From the FAQ:

Q: Could you provide an example of the various methods for applying Penetrating, using an RKA 1d6 (3 DCs)?

A: Using the standard method, an RKA 1d6 has no BODY Penetrate on a roll of 1, 1 BODY Penetrate on a roll of 2-5, and 2 BODY Penetrate on a roll of 6.

Using the “1 point of Penetrating effect per DC,†an RKA 1d6 has 3 BODY Penetrate.

Using the Standard Effect Rule, as discussed above, an RKA 1d6 has 1 BODY Penetrate.

Based on this, it appears that my friends were correct in saying an RKA 1d6 has no BODY Penetrate on a roll of 1, 1 BODY Penetrate on a roll of 2-5, and 2 BODY Penetrate on a roll of 6.

However, I'm confused by the second option in the FAQ answer. Where does the "1 Point of Penetrating effect per DC" come from? Is that an "official" alternate method such as Standard Effects (Which we do not use in our campaign)? Does this mean that a 2d6 RKA PEN would always do 6 BODY minimum? (Ouch!) Or does it mean it always does 1 BODY per DC whenever it is a Killing or other type of attack that effects BODY directly?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing more of your "light-saber fu", Master Obi Long. ;)

1 answer to this question